Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without You Is How I Disappear

Give My Resignation To The Bride And The Groom

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-29 - Updated: 2008-05-29 - 830 words - Complete

0Unrated
ONE YEAR LATER

Gerard's POV


Once Christi left, things didn't really go back to normal. I hired a gardener had the house painted inside and out, and finally, had a nice little for sale put out front. Then I went to Vegas to look for an apartment. I figured if there was anywhere I was going to be able to hide among many people, that would be it. I signed custody of Julia over to Lucy, I wanted her to have a good life, not the shitty life she was bound to have if she stayed with me, a free-lance artist. My apartment was one of those places that used to be a warehouse, but they turned it into apartments, so it was pretty big, and there was lots of space to paint, but once i got out there, I didn't pick up a paint brush. I tried to learn the guitar, but I failed miserably. The guys came out to visit and fell in love with Vegas, so they all moved out here, and as a way to let out some steam after a long day at work, we started a band. Ten hours dealing cards, Four hours of practice, and horror movies ebfore bed didn't really leave much time for T.V. Who knows why I turned it on that day? I sure as hell don't. Maybe it was fate.

Christi's POV

"Pete, are you sure you want to do this?" I asked him in the car.
"Chris, if you don't want anybody to know, I won't give that toast."
"I want people to know, it's just... Is this really the right way to do it?"
"Chris, It's the right way. I promise."
"Okay, I love you." I said before pulling him into a hug. Pete and I rushed back into the club where I was having my 24th birthday party. We had invited the camera crew of Entertainment Tonight, and they were putting Pete's toast on live. I stood nervously beside him, a huge grin on my face, as he raised his arm.
"I'd like to make a toast to the birthday girl! Love of my life, Designer of the pants I'm wearing," He paused as the crowd of one hundred people laughed, "Mother of my child." He added, placing his hand on my belly. Hearing the whispers fly through the crowd, the smile fell from my face until Pete turned and smiled at me.
"Now, I'd also like to let you all know that this isn't just a birthday party. People don't come all the way out to Vegas just to party, y'know?" He added as a priest walked in behind us.
"We'd like to thank you all for coming to our wedding this evening." I said before handing my microphone to the priest. As the crowd clapped and cheered, Pete signaled the cameramen to cut the cameras.

Gerard's POV

I stared at the T.V. in disbelief. They had called off their engagement right after she got back from New Jersey. She even told the press it was her fault for cheating on him. Now she was pregnant and they were getting married?
"That's the Mirage!" Mikey screamed.
"TO THE FRANKIE MOBLIE!" Frank shouted as he grabbed his keys and ran out the front door. We were going to stop this wedding if it was the last thing we did.

Christi's POV

"Pete, can we talk for a second?" I whispered. He looked at me nervously and pulled me by my hand out the back door.
"I can't do this."
"What?"
"I can't marry you Pete."
"Why?"
"I love you, believe me, I do, but no matter how much I love you, there's someone that I'll always love so much more." I explained. He looked at me, eyes filling with tears.
"Well, thanks for at least being honest." He whispered as he turned his back to me.
"I'll move my stuff out next weekend, okay?"
"That's fine."
"Pete, please don't disappear from my life. I really want to keep you as a friend."
"That's fine, Chris." He said before walking away. I stood there watching him for a minute, before my eyes widened in disbelief.
"GERARD!" I screamed as I ran down the hallway to him.

Gerard's POV

"Christi!" I called out as I picked up my pace.
"I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you like that. When I left I was so confued about my feelings, I just had to go and sort them all out. The whole time I've been back in L.A. I've been thinking of you." She said in between kisses. After a few minutes, we just hugged.
"Gerard?" She asked, her accent back.
"Hm?"
"Let's go get married."
"Now?"
"We're in Vegas."
"You sure?"
"Mm-hmm"
"You won't flake out on me too, will you?"
"No."
"Are you going to stay put this time?"
"Yes."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
"Let's go before those fucking cameras catch up to us."
Sign up to rate and review this story