Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Don't You Know I Am Who I Think I Am?

Chapter 28: I'm A Mess And You're Worse

by patricksgirl84 1 review

Patrick finds out what his best friend has been doing.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-05-30 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 1465 words

0Unrated
Chapter 28: I’m A Mess And You’re Worse

Patrick’s POV

I didn’t know what to do. I stood there in shock. I thought Abby would fight Pete, but she didn’t. I cleared my throat. Pete moved away from Abby.

“Find the blanket?”

“Patrick, it’s not like it looks.”
“And what does it look like? That my best friend and my wife are kissing and nothing more. Or is there more to it?”

Abby looked at Pete.

“Well, there it is. When I said take care of my wife I didn’t mean to fuck her.”

“Patrick, I didn’t mean for it to happen. I love you.”

Abby came to me.

“Abby, I want you to leave.”

“What, no.”

“Patrick, you don’t want to do this to her.”

“Just for a hour or so.”

She looked at me.

“Okay. I’ll be back. I love you.”

She tried to kiss me on the lips, but I turned so she got my check. I heard the door close.

“Why did you do it?”

“I don’t know. I’ve always had a thing for her I guess. If you want me to say I’m sorry your not going to get it. I’m not. I enjoyed every moment with your wife.”

“Are you really that crazy? You fucking rape me and all the while having a thing for my wife. Were you excited when I was in a coma? What goes on in your mind?”

“Get off your high horse, Stumph. I know what happened with Lauren on our first tour. You made it sound like you were pissed she kissed you, but you slept with her.”

“What are you on? I never slept with her.”

“You sure about that? You had quite a bit to drink.”

“I never slept with her. Abby means the world to me. I wouldn’t of done that then or now.”

“Sure. Everyone thinks you are this musical genius and a great guy. I know the real Patrick Stumph. How you almost divorced your wife because she couldn’t handle a pregnancy, leaving your girlfriend without calling her for years, and how you wanted to kill yourself. I’m not the only screwed up one. And you wonder why Melanie wouldn’t want to be a part of your life. Maybe, even Abby now. I could have her, the boys, and Melanie with all of a snap of my fingers. How does Abby Wentz sound?”

That was it. I knew it was a mistake on my part, but I couldn’t handle it anymore. I punched him. Pete fell to the floor. I took my chance and punched him over and over. Pete got the upper hand and started to hit me. Somehow, I was able to stand.

“You really want to do this, Patrick? You just got out of the hospital.”

“I want you out of our lives. You were the worst thing to ever happen to me. Abby and I stood by your side when you were in the coma. Joe and Andy couldn’t stand to see you like that. I said I would be there for you. What a mistake. I should of left you to die.”

He came after me and I hit my head on the railing of the staircase and fell down the stairs.

“Trick!” Pete ran down the stairs.

“Are you alright?”

I stood up.

“Why, Pete? She’s my wife. You know how much I love her.”
“I love her too. I’m not planning on losing her.”

“I’m the one she’s married to. She has carried my children. She’s nothing to you. Nothing! You think this is going to last? How long has a relationship actually lasted for you?”

“I mean it with her. I will fight you every step of the way.”

“What about Abby? Do you think she’s going to leave me?”

“I know she will. I got her in bed didn’t I?”

“Fuck you. You really are a bastard.”

I punched him again and he fought back. Last thing I remember is seeing Abby walking through the door.


Abby’s POV

I drove around for a hour and came back home. I was so sick to my stomach. I pulled into our garage and walked into the kitchen. I didn’t hear anything. I knew that was a bad sign.

“Patrick, Pete.”

I walked to the living room. Pete was looking down. I ran to him. Patrick was lying on the floor.

“What the hell did you do?”

I bent down and took Patrick’s head in my lap.

“Patrick, please wake up.”

I pushed his hair back.

“Pete, don’t just stand there. Call 911.”

He went to the phone.

“Come on. Wake up. I can’t lose you. I love you. He didn’t mean anything to me.”

Patrick opened his eyes.

“That’s it. Keep looking at me. Are you alright?”

“I don’t know. Do you love him?”

“No, it was nothing. I mean it. I love you.”

I looked at Pete.

“It was only lust. You are the one I love and am in love with.”

I kissed his bloody lips.

“What were you thinking of fighting him?”

“I didn’t want to lose you. I can’t. We’ve been through so much together.”

“Your not. I want you to get better so we can fight for Melanie together.”

The EMT’s came in and went to check over Patrick. I went to Pete.

“What the hell were you doing? You knew he just got out of the hospital.”

“Was I suppose to just let him hit me? Your precious Patrick isn’t so precious. One day you’ll find out what he’s really like.”

I slapped Pete.

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“You’ll find out.”

Pete went to the front door. Before stepping out he turned around.

“Don’t come to me when he hurts you. And he will.”

“Get the fuck out of here.”

Pete left me there staring at the door. I went back to the living room. The EMT’s were finishing up.

“How is he?”

“Your husband is doing well. He won’t need to go to the hospital. Just a few cuts that will probably bruise. Tell him not to get into anymore fights.”

“I will. Thank you.”

I walked to Patrick who was laying on the couch. He opened his eyes. I laid next to him on the couch.

“I’m sorry.

He pulled me in closer.

“I’m leaving the band. I can’t perform with him. Let him start another band. With his half ass bass playing I doubt he can. I feel bad for Andy and Joe though. But they have their side projects. They’ll survive.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Right now Pete is dead to me. Maybe I’ll put that solo record out I’ve wanted to do for so long now.”

“You need to think about it. Don’t rush into anything.”

“I won’t. I want us to talk too. We need to get Melanie. Right now, I’m not sure what I feel for you. I mean, I do love you. You are everything to me, but why?”

“I wish I could say something. But there is nothing to say. I slept with him and I’m sorry.”
We laid there all night saying nothing. I didn’t know what would happen to us. I was scared to think of tomorrow.


Pete’s POV

After I left Patrick’s and Abby’s I went to the closest nightclub. I needed to forget everything. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Patrick did a number on me. I went to the bar and ordered a drink. A woman came next to me.

“Hi, how are you?” She asked me.

“Alright, I guess. You?”

“Better now. You’re Pete Wentz, right?”

“Yeah. The one and only. Let me guess, you love me and want to have my children?”

“Um, not really. I was always a Patrick fan.”

All of a sudden something came to me. I turned to her.

“Oh, really. How would you like to meet him and maybe even sleep with Mr. Stumph.”

“He’s married, isn’t he?”

“Yeah. You see, I’m in love with his wife and well let’s just say I will get her into my arms.”

“Your evil and I like it.” She smiled.

“Yeah. Want to come back to my place and talk about a plan?”

“Sure.”

I left the club with the blonde. I didn’t even know her name. At this point I didn’t even care. I wanted Abby.
Sign up to rate and review this story