Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Pete's got his 'On 3' look."

by Syn_INC 2 reviews

"What are you guys planning?" Ashlee demanded through clenched teeth. "I got nothin'." I said softly. "You do. Pete's got his 'On 3' look."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 1491 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 77
Gin got up and handed Matt a $1700 check for the 1st and last months rent. Matt gave her a half smile and pulled the door open as a gentleman should.
"I mean...were you even INVITED to the wedding?" Matt asked.
"My ex-fianceè of 3 weeks is marring his ex-girlfriend. You put 2 and 2 together."
"I think you should crash it. Object. Something has got to give Genovieve."
"I know. But its not gonna be me."
"Why not?"
"I'm a very bad person."
"No you're not."
"Maybe not so much...but still. The wedding starts in 15 minutes and I look like this."
"You look great."
"Thank you. I said good day."
"Later."
Gin walked out the building on North Ave. and went down a few blocks pass The Gap. She saw a flowy dress in the window and wanted it. It would be perfect if an ex-girlfriend was crashing a wedding. Her low top pink/black/white Chucks she had on would do. There was no time to switch shoes.
With Temple being only a few minutes down that way she'd probably make it.
Gin had her iPod on shuffle and Pink's "The One That Got Away."

1...2...buckle my shoe Mmmm yeah Oh oh I stood by the exit door of the hotel cafe He was playing with his band I've always been a sucker had a weakness for a boy with a guitar and a drink in his hand His words were like heaven in my hurricane My knees buckled under I thought everyone was watching me / Watching you save my life with the song

You were mine In the back of my mind Oh just for one night Just for a while /There's always one that gets away The one that sneaks up on you that slips away...

There is always that one. That song had been on repeat as she went hustling down North Ave to North Lake Shore. I paced the floor and kept looking at the door. Gin has to make it, she has to be here.
PinkPhoenix: How r things ma?
IBeDatGirl: hectic.
PinkPhoenix: ???
IBeDatGirl: they can't find Marie.
PinkPhoenix: hilarious!
IBeDatGirl: its not!
PinkPhoenix: yes it is.
IBeDatGirl: fine, a little bit.
IBeDatGirl: they found her.
PinkPhoenix: where?
IBeDatGirl: bathroom.
PinkPhoenix: tryin 2 sneak out through the window like Rachel in "Friends"?
IBeDatGirl: u watch 2 much TV
PinkPhoenix: u & I both.
IBeDatGirl: true.
IBeDatGirl: r u sure u don't wanna come 2 the wedding?
PinkPhoenix: HIV positive
IBeDatGirl: no Cartman.
PinkPhoenix: ok. it'll only hurt more...u kno?
IBeDatGirl: this is BULLSHIT! *makes sign of the cross*
PinkPhoenix: we're Catholic today?
IBeDatGirl: I'm "always" catholic, hello. Aunts a pastor. *sarcasm*
PinkPhoenix: true.
IBeDatGirl: *sighs*
IBeDatGirl: I'm gonna cry but not 4 the rite reason.
PinkPhoenix: @ 305p what's going on?
IBeDatGirl: seeing as I'm not in the wedding & everything I did ended @ The Drake, donno.
PinkPhoenix: Joe's mom is missing isn't she?
IBeDatGirl: yes.
IBeDatGirl: *looks around*
IBeDatGirl: where r u?
PinkPhoenix: watching "Who's wedding is it..."
IBeDatGirl: I don't understand why ppl think this place is so hard 2 find.
IBeDatGirl: its off Lake Shore-
IBeDatGirl: Temple Shalom- come on PEOPLE!
PinkPhoenix: *laughs* u need 2 pee.
IBeDatGirl: how do u kno that...
PinkPhoenix: eh.
IBeDatGirl: no Ashlee's in the bathroom. This wedding is NEVER getting off the-
PinkPhoenix: o well.
IBeDatGirl: o no. I lied. c u in 20 ms
PinkPhoenix: Jewish weddings r like, an hr.
IBeDatGirl: *rolls eyes*
PinkPhoenix: love u.
IBeDatGirl: no u don't.
PinkPhoenix: don't do that.
IBeDatGirl: Patty's looking @ me funny. Gotta go.
PinkPhoenix: later.

Gin pulled up just as the doors closed. She parked her car and put the engine on charge. As the song continued to play she sat there and exhaled. I don't think she's ever been this nervous.

2 weeks later I was sitting in his apartment He was making cappuccino I said what kind of man makes cappucchino We laughed, We laughed, We laughed We laughed til tears ran down my face Oh but my man you're someone elses man And that aint the man that I wanna want / But you keep drawing me in with those big BLUE lyin' eyes

Gin grabbed her keys, jumped out her car and saw her heels from Spain in the back seat. As she changed shoes she ran on her toes and the the song played on.

There's always one that gets away The one that sneaks up on you that slips away In a closed off corner of my heart yes I'll always see your face The one that got away

As I saw Joe walk down the aisle with his suit, keepah, and shawl on. This hurt so much I wanted to puke. Ashlee sat next to me in the 2nd row and squeezed my hand. He shouldn't be marring Marie. This isn't the way- I SWEAR this is Bizarro world.
"Ashlee this is wrong." I mumbled.
"I know babe." Ashlee stated, "but if you or I do something about it Joe will hate one of us."
Richard Trohman looked in my direction and my heart raced. His eyes looked as if they were pleading but he had a smile on his face. I'm getting mixed signals. This is worst than when Han was frozen in carbonite.
Now I'm making Star Wars references? Just great!
"You're grinding your teeth." Ashlee whispered.
"Sorrie." I sighed.
Pachebel's Cannon started and I rolled my eyes at this hot mess. This is just- I mean how repetative can this wedding be? There's no originality, no love here, just something you totally can tell was rushed. Marie's bridesmaides walked down with one of each fall out boy and then other people.
I'm just so upset my brain hurts. As I looked behind me a smile came to my face as I saw Gin walk in. She sat down all the way in the back next to someone. I released a sigh of relief and nudged Ash. Ashlee smiled and we knew it was fine.
The wedding march played and we stood up. I personally could NOT believe how beautiful Marie looked in her dress. I then wondered if she could get a refund on it. Sometimes I wondered about how I could be so twisted.
The Rabbi started to speak and I just waited for that moment. I felt Gin move and off in the distance she tapped her foot to the beat of the Rabbi's voice. I waited like a theif in the night for that one moment we were allowed to speak.
When it didn't come in those first 10 minutes I thought it was over. My heart raced and I turned behind me. Gin was there and she ran her hands through her hair. By the end of this afternoon, Gin'll have no finger nails.
Another 10 minutes passed and Pete started to look really bored. Pete looked at Ashlee gave her a half smile and then his eyes drifted straight to the back. I saw his posture straighten and then he looked at me. I shook my head just a bit and Ashlee turned to me.
"What are you guys planning?" Ashlee demanded through clenched teeth.
"I got nothin'." I said softly.
"You do. Pete's got his 'On 3' look."
"No its not."
"You're in Church."
"Its Temple."
"Same difference."
Someone behind us cleared their throat rudely and I rolled my eyes annoyed. I was annoyed this process was talking so f'n long.

The one that got away Oh the one that got away Yeah yeah
Oh, I'm not a victim of cliches I don't believe in soul mates Happy endings or the one Oh and I met you and all that changed I had a taste and you're still sitting on the tip of my tongue You were mine Somewhere in time I'll look for you first In my next life

There's always one that gets away The one that sneaks up on you that slips away Slips away In a closed off corner of my heart yeah yeah yeah yeah I'll always see your face / The one that got away

Gin sat in her car and the song ended. Joe would be married in the next 15 ms to someone he clearly didn't love. But in the end he'd rather be "happy" than to forgive Gin.
The Rabbi finally said it. I smiled and turned my head to the back. My mouth dropped and Pete had panic in his eyes. I rested my hand on the pew and Ashlee knew what was was coming. We fought for about 30 seconds and the Rabbi asked again.
I suddenly stood up and Patrick's mouth dropped. A pleased smile graced Andy's lip and I spoke annoyed.
"Lord! If no ones going to say anything then I WILL!" I yelled standig up, "I OBJECT!"
@@@@@@@
You guys are so great! Keep the reviews coming because they make us want to update for you. ;)
Hope you like this one.
Gin&Cali
Sign up to rate and review this story