Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

just off the key of reason

by watch_the_sky 0 reviews

updaaatteee. its been far too long.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-04 - Updated: 2008-06-04 - 2044 words - Complete

0Unrated
If it weren’t for her discarded socks, lying forgotten on the floor next to his bed, Patrick would have been nearly convinced that the prior night had been nothing but a cruel dream. There was a small smile playing on his lips as he clamored out of bed that morning, because even though he had woken up alone in the empty, cold bed of his back-lounge bedroom, there were still little things in life that could make him smile for no reason; like the sight of her discarded socked, always finding their way to the floor or getting lost in the sheets of the bed after she had kicked them off during the night.

The bus was desolate in the early morning once he wiped the sleep from his eyes, gathered his necessities for the day and stumbled through the bunks to the front lounge. After little to no effort Patrick made his way through the venue and couldn’t help but feel accomplished that he needed no assistance in the matter, stumbled upon their make-shift dressing room, a converted sports locker room. Water was running heavily and steam was building near the stalls of the “bathroom” as he arranged his belongings near the corner of the room, a towel clad Pete waddling out just moments after the running water had ceased.

“Hey man” sleep was still heavy in Pete’s voice as he ruffled his dripping hair, from lack of sleep or likely, no sleep at all.

“Hey” Patrick nodded his head, clumsily dropping his shampoo on the floor while trying to balance an armful of clothing.

“Alright dude, so I’ve got to tell you something” Pete sighed with a smirk playing on his lips, followed by a light frown, “and I hope it doesn’t bum you out or anything.”

“Okay?” Patrick raised an eyebrow, tossing his clothing on a bench outside of the shower stall and grabbing his towel and fallen shampoo.

“I’m getting married” Pete was blunt and Patrick stumbled over the impact of Pete’s words, dropping his shampoo bottle back down to the floor as he searched the appropriate response.

“Oh wow” Patrick nervously scratched the back of his head as he clutched the bottle more tightly now, “Congratulations.”

“Don’t say it because you feel that you should” Pete frowned lightly, an expression Patrick immediately copied.

“I’m not, I’m happy for you.” Patrick tried to assure himself more than he was assuring his best friend, “She makes you happy, believe it or not, I still remember what that feels like.”

“Thanks dude” Pete smiled happily, brushing off the dreaded situation, “That means a lot coming from you.”

Patrick offered a forced smile before shuffling away to shower off last nights anxiety because his relationship had fallen in shambles, but Pete, his best friend, unofficial king of relationship disasters was able to hold it together long enough to commit to an eternity. It wasn’t that Patrick was upset, more or less bitter; it was suppose to be his wedding that everyone was looking forward to, his big moment of eternal love but instead he was the one who woke up alone this morning, longing for those feelings that Ana had packed into a box and since, moved out of his house.

Hours later, a shrill shriek of laughter filtered through his ears as he sat on the blue leather couch positioned lazily in the corner of their dressing room, fiddling with his Macbook and attempting to keep his mind away from his impending frustration. Moments later, the door to their dressing room flung open and Travis barged in with a laughing, shrieking Ana slung lazily over his shoulder.

“Put me down!” Protesting through a fit of giggles, her feet were dangling helplessly as she wiggled spastically against his grip. Travis obliged with a smile and with one quick swoop her feet hit the ground, a look of confusion taking place on Patrick’s features.

“What up, man?” Travis nodded happily in his direction as Ana glanced around the room quickly before wrinkling her nose in distaste.

“Ick, this is basically the boy’s bathroom.”

With a shake of her head and a heavy frown on her lips, she was back out the door they had just trampled through. Travis shrugged his shoulders and smiled again in Patrick’s direction before trailing her footsteps en route of catching up to her scrawny little self, leaving a confused and a less than amused Patrick alone once again. It took several more awkward and overly odd encountered with her that afternoon before Patrick had finally concluded that she was in fact, avoiding him for what it was worth and it wasn’t until he cornered her later that day that Ana was forced to face his assumption.

The door of the bus slammed shut, as it always did and as she reached into the refrigerator for a bottle of water she silently hoped that it was Andy climbing the steps. Without a second thought, she turned quickly on the balls of her feet and headed towards the bunk that she currently inhabited, stopping dead in her tracks as his strained voice filled the void in the air.

“Why are you avoiding me?”

With a deep, concentrated breath Ana hoped to brush it off with a lazy shrug and a simply stated, “I’m not” before continuing on her way.

“Yes you are” Patrick assured, trailing behind her, “you’re a terrible liar.”

Without another word Ana began cleaning up her things and packing the duffle bag she pulled out onto the floor, hoping that if it stayed silent long enough she could will Patrick away, or wish herself into any other situation.

“Your socks are on my bed” Patrick was standing in the hallway of bunks, leaning against what she remembered to be Andy’s bunk, but his eyes were glued to her, watching her every move as she hurried to his room to collect her belongings.

“Why are you avoiding me?” Patrick’s voice was quieter now, just above a whisper and at that moment her will to not breakdown had defied her and the volume of her voice had come out a lot stronger than she had intended.

“It’s our anniversary today, alright!” Her sudden unexpected outburst caught her off guard and her heart began racing as she stopped what she was doing, her eyes still locked on the bunk, refusing to meet Patrick’s gaze. With a hush taking over, her voice was quieter now as she elaborated on her confession, a reminder of a broken heart and a void relationship.

“It’s our one year anniversary today. We couldn’t even make it a year Patrick, what does that say about us wanting it to last forever?” There were tears building up behind her eyes, but there was no way Ana was letting them through while Patrick himself fought to keep that ever growing lump in his throat from taking over his emotions.

“What happened to us, banana?” Patrick sighed heavily, running a frustrated hand over his face.

“Maybe we just felt apart, maybe it just isn’t meant to be.”

Patrick shook his head at her falsified explanation, arguing her point with his own, “Neither you nor I believe that.”

“We can’t play this game forever Patrick” Ana sighed heavily, as she finally forced herself to face him, the sadness in her eyes matching the heartbreak in his own, “Maybe we moved too fast; we’re not ready for any of this.”

Without a voice response, Patrick pushed himself away from the bunk he had been leaning on, his feet shuffling forward several steps as her feet matched his advance, shuffling several steps back with each attempt. It wasn’t until her back hit the door to his bedroom that she gave in, knowing that when it comes to Patrick, her will power would fail her with each try.

Patrick’s hands were resting on her hip and the nape of her neck and his lips were soft against her own making it easy to fight that conscious urge to push him away. With a soft sigh escaping from her lungs she threw all logic to the wind, gripping his hips and holding him close as his thighs held her hard against the door. It was her who made the boldest move, pushing the bedroom door open and when her back hit the bed, his hands were still gripping her hips as his lips worked so desperately against the sensitive skin of her neck.

There was far too much desperation between them but the passion and desire behind each and every move was almost too much to bear, because in the end, neither believed a word that was said and neither was strong enough to resist this moment. Before she could protest, as if she actually would, his hands were removing her shirt and instinctively her index fingers linked in the belt loops of his jeans, pulling his hips as close as possible as her own hips bucked forward.

A soft sigh escaped from deep in her chest as his lips blazed burning kisses against her shoulder and collar bone, a groan rising from him now as her hand reached between his legs in rushed desperation. Swollen lips and heavy breathing was all that stood between them as his talented fingers worked on the clasp of her bra, peeling the taut fabric away from her chest as her hands between his thighs brought another deep groan from his voice box.

Moments later, the door of the bus slammed shut as his beautiful lips and highly talented mouth worked wonders over the skin of her neck and chest and he could feel her body tense in anxiety rather than pleasure as he flicked his tongue over her newly exposed nipple.

“They’ll leave” Patrick breathed out quietly, each hot gasp fluttering lightly against her skin, “just relax.”

With the best of her abilities at work, Ana momentarily obliged to his command, relaxing against the bed as her fingers began working on the buckle of his belt; a voice booming through the room and catching them off guard not but seconds later.

“Trick, you in here?” It was Joe, but Patrick was more than content with ignoring his calls and continuing to physically consume himself with the women he loved.

“He’ll leave, just give it a minute” Patrick hushed, his overworked fingers caressing her bare hips and evoking goose bumps to rise on her skin as his lips returned to that sensitive spot on her neck.

Startling the couple next, a knock on the door destroyed the mood completely as Joe’s voice boomed louder, “Trick, are you decent? We’ve got sound check in like 38 seconds; Pete is flipping shit because he can’t find you.”

“Uh, yeah” Patrick nervously stuttered a response, his head dropping in defeat and resting against her shoulder now as he silently cursed his luck, “Just give me a minute.”

“Alright man, I’ll wait for you.” Joe nodded, although he couldn’t be seen through the wooden door.

There were a few strings left inside of Ana that were currently holding her composure together in a functioning manner but the moment he pulled away, climbing awkwardly off of the bed as she clamored anxiously for her discarded shirt, all of those strings had snapped. Nervously covering her bare chest, Ana had never felt more exposed in her life as she did in that moment, watching Patrick awkwardly adjust himself inside of his pants, taking several deep breaths to calm his raging hormones. With a quick flick of his wrist, he had refastened his belt and offered Ana nothing but a weak, awkward smile before hurrying from the room.

“Hey, have you seen Ana?” Joe’s voice filled the air as she sat alone now, still awkwardly covering her exposed breasts, holding back the urge to cry.

“Uh, no” Patrick breathed out in a rushed sigh, “I haven’t.”

“Are you alright, dude?” Joe’s voice faded as the door to the bus slammed shut, the tears instantaneously falling from Ana’s eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story