Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Second Chances

Second Chances

by doyleangel 0 reviews

**This is more than a Cobra story, but since there isn't a Cobra category, i put it in FOB b/c PETE is in the story as well.It is also written from both Gabe and Kristen's point of views...PLEASE L...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [X] - Published: 2008-06-05 - Updated: 2008-06-05 - 735 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Pete, I can’t. It wouldn’t be fair to Gabe.”
Gabe Saporta stopped in his tracks. He’d just gotten home and was heading to his room when he heard his ex Kristen say his name. Their relationship hadn’t exactly had a happy ending, but she was best friends with his roommate Pete, so they had to deal with seeing each other. Hey, people had warned him about dating a friend of a friend. Well, that was two years ago and he had Michelle now and they were getting married. Kristen and him just weren’t meant to be.
“Kris, you wouldn’t be doing anything to him.”
Gabe moved closer to Pete’s room so he could hear better.
“You’d be there doing me a favor and supporting him.”
Kristen sighed. “It doesn’t really matter how you put it Peter Wentz. Gabe won’t see it that way.”
“I won’t see what what way?”
Pete and Kristen both turned toward the door and looked at Gabe.
“What are you two trying to hide from me?”


Kristen looked between Gabe and Pete, not quite knowing what to do. Things had never been the same since she and Gabe had broken up. Pete had been pissed at her when she and Gabe had started dating. He’d been worried about what would happen if they broke up. Even though she still loved Gabe, she had thought it was for the best when things ended. Now he was marrying someone else, and it was something she was going to have to accept. After all, it was her fault they had broken up in the first place.
“We aren’t trying to hide anything from you Gabe. Pete was, um, just…..he wants me to be his date to your wedding.”
Kristen watched Gabe as he shot Pete a look of question.
“To which I told him that I couldn’t do that to you,” Kristen finished.
She turned towards Pete’s desk and grabbed her keys and wallet. As she turned back, she caught the tail end of Gabe mouthing something to Pete, but she couldn’t make it out.
“Well,” she said, “I’m going. Pete, I’ll call you later.”
Kristen looked over at Gabe as she passed him. “Bye Gabe.”
He gave her a half smile. “Bye.”
Kristen ran down the stairs to her car. What was Pete thinking inviting her to Gabe’s wedding? It wouldn’t be good to have his ex-girlfriend there. Especially since Michelle didn’t like her.
Kristen sighed and started her car, and headed home.


“What are you doing?” Gabe glared at Pete.
“What?”
“Don’t what me. Why would you ask Kristen to the wedding?”
Pete layed back on his bed. “What’s the big deal? You’re over her right?
“Of course.”
“Then it shouldn’t matter.”
Gabe paced around Pete’s room. “Yeah, except for the fact that my fiancé doesn’t like her.”
Pete sat up. “I don’t get that. What reason would Michelle have to not like Kristen? Ashlee loves her.”
Gabe looked at Pete. “Are you serious? You never dated Kristen. You were never in love with her. You never had your heart broken because of her.”
Gabe could hear his voice waiver at the end of the last sentence. He closed his eyes and pinched his nose. He couldn’t believe how much it still hurt to think of Kristen and how things should have been. Yes he loved Michelle and yes, he was glad they were getting married, but every now and then, he would wonder if he should be marrying Kristen.
He sighed and looked back at Pete. “Why would you bring Kristen to the wedding anyway. What about Ashlee?”
“Well, you happened to be having your wedding while she’s on tour and she has a show that night.”
“Oh. Well, Michelle picked the date and I guess she didn’t pay much attention to the tour dates.”
Pete shook his head and laid back on his bed. Gabe turned toward the door and started to leave when Pete stopped him.
“I warned you,” he said. “I told you not to date her.”
Even though Pete couldn’t see him doing it, Gabe nodded his head. “I know. I should have listened to you.” And with that, he left for his room.
Sign up to rate and review this story