Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Second Chances

Chapter 5

by doyleangel 1 review

Gabe goes to Kristen's to have a talk.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] - Published: 2008-06-08 - Updated: 2008-06-09 - 881 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kristen fumed as she put on her clothes. Who did he think he was? He couldn’t just come into her apartment whenever he felt like it. She yanked the shirt over her head and turned to the counter to grab her brush. She groaned when she caught the reflection of her shirt in the mirror. She’d grabbed her Cobra Starship shirt that Gabe had specially made for her when they were dating. He’d told her he wanted her to have a one of a kind.
“Great,” she thought. She brushed her hair quickly and opened the door. She walked to her bedroom and stopped in the doorway. Gabe was sitting on her bed, looking at old pictures of the two of them in her photo album. He must have noticed her presence because he looked up at her, closing the album. He placed it on the bed and stood up, and glanced at her shirt. When he looked back up at her, he had a smirk on his face.
“Still wearing the shirt I see.”
Kristen crossed her arms over her chest. “I’m only wearing it b/c its laundry day and I don’t have anything else to wear.”
Gabe raised an eyebrow and stepped a little closer to her. “Then how come it’s so worn out?”
Kristen narrowed her eyes at him. “I’ve had the shirt for a really long time. It’s comfy and I can wear it around the house, like when I’m cleaning and stuff.”
Gabe laughed a little bit at that answer. “Whatever you say Hun.”
Kristen walked over to Gabe. “Listen you,” she said, poking him in the shoulder. “You’re the one who barged into my house without permission so you don’t get to make any judgments. And don’t call me Hun.”
“You use to love it when I called you that,” Gabe shot back. They were now so close that their noses were almost touching. Kristen could smell the shampoo that Gabe always used and inhaled slightly. She looked up in his eyes and saw him looking back at her. Before she knew what was happening, Gabe’s lips came crushing down on hers. She stood there for a second before melting into his kiss. Their lips moved together so skillfully, like the past two years of absence never existed. The past two years. Kristen opened her eyes and pulled away from Gabe.
“What….what was that?”
Gabe looked at her, searching for words. “I don’t….I have no idea. It just, seemed like the thing to do.”
Kristen gave a look that said are you crazy? “It seemed like the thing to do? How in the world did it seem like the thing to do? You’re ENGAGED to another woman. You don’t go around kissing your ex-girlfriend when you plan to marry someone else.”
“Yeah well you wouldn’t be my ex if things had been different.”
Kristen didn’t know what to say. She just stood there, looking at him, trying to figure something out. He beat her to it.
“Look, I didn’t come here to bring up the past. I came about Michelle actually. Um, this isn’t easy for me to say, and I’m sorry about it, but I have to think of her happiness.” Gabe stopped talking and looked down at the floor.
“Well, what is it?”
He looked back up at her, and she could see in his eyes that he wasn’t happy about what he was about to say.
“Michelle doesn’t want you at the wedding. She basically threatened to call it off if you came to it.”
Kristen’s breath caught in her throat. She was being banned from the wedding? It wasn’t like she was planning on going or anything, but to be banned? That just hurt. Of course, she wasn’t going to let Gabe know that.
“Oh, well, you don’t have to worry about anything. I wasn’t going to go anyway. I turned Pete down a couple of times, so now I have a good reason to make him stop asking me.” She laughed a little bit at the last sentence, to try to help break the tension.
“Thank you for understanding. And, um, about what happened….”
Kristen held up her hand. “Don’t worry about it. I’m not going to tell anyone.”
“Thanks,” he said. “Well, I’m gonna get going. I’ll see you around.” He walked around Kristen and left. She turned around and watched him go, and put her hand to her lips. She hadn’t felt his lips in so long, and she’d missed them.
She sat down on her bed and tried to get her emotions under control. She felt a tear trickle down her cheek. She never quite realized how much she missed Gabe until that kiss. She new that it was her fault that things were the way they were, but it still hurt. She curled up on her bed, and let the tears fall until she fell asleep.



*ok peeps, I have really gotten any reviews on this story yet, and I wanna know what you all think, so PLEASE review*
Sign up to rate and review this story