Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch 6: My World Is Warped.

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

The band is on Warped Tour... Alicia goes out and meets someone, can't say who!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-10 - Updated: 2008-06-10 - 2109 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Yawnnnnnn..." I said, sitting up and scratching my head. I opened my eyes and realized that it was really dark. I felt around me and my skin touched a ceiling right above me, a blanket-like cloth next to me, and a wall on the other side. Then I remembered one phrase: Warped Tour. We were on the Warped Tour. The blanket-y cloth next to me was the curtain separating my bunk from the hall. I yanked it open, temporarily blinded by sunlight. This so wasn't Chicago.
"Where the hell are we?" I muttered, not knowing if anyone else was up. I looked around, seeing the other bunks' curtains pushed aside, empty. I was the last one awake. I walked into the lobby-ish place on our bus finding all the guys.
"Hey, Sleeping Beauty is among us!" Brandon cheered, putting his arm around my shoulder. More than two months, meaning Shane automatically wins the bet. Britt and Keith had conviently forgotten, and so had everyone else. I lightly giggled at Britt, Keith, and Shane's silly bet.
"So where on God's freaking green earth are we? This isn't Chicago because there's no smog." I said.
"Well, #1.) Its summer, there shouldn't be smog anywhere. #2.) We're in Camden, New Jersey. Today is July 25." Shane announced.
"Today marks the 27th concert on tour." Keith said.
"Oh! You probably have been hoping we forgot but me and Brandon have been going out more than two months." I laughed.
"Oh yeah.... $60 for Shane!" Brandon cried.
"Are you sure that you guys have done it and just not have told us?" Keith whined.
"Definitely. Every night." I replied sarcastically. Keith gave me a weird look. "OF COURSE WE HAVEN'T!!! I'M A VIRGIN!" Does that boy not understand sarcasm?
"Okay, Okay." Keith muttered as he handed Shane $60.
"Thank you very much!" Shane said, taking the cash, "And save sex till marriage." He said pointing at me and Brandon. I laughed at that. Was this seriously the Shane I knew a few months ago?
"Hey, didn't you want to go to some comic book thingy here today?" Brandon asked. I absolutely love comic books and there was a convention today. I know it sounds incredibly nerdy, but its not, I promise.
"Yeah, what time is it right now?" I asked. None of the guys wanted/were going to the convention with me. I was a loner on this one.
"It's... Noon." Keith said, slightly pouting over the loss of money.
"CRAP!" I cried, "It starts at one and is going to take me half a freaking hour to get there!!"
"Well you better get ready." Shane snorted.
I was nowhere near ready. I was wearing neon hot pink short pajama shorts and a bright yellow tank top. My brown hair was a curly mess. Brilliant.
I ran into the back of the bus where my stuff was. I grabbed clothes: sky blue skinny jeans...white tank top with indigo and blue stripes on it... metal bracelet Britt gave me... all done. Now lets run to the miniscule bathroom. Whee.
Purple, indigo, and black eyeliner... mascara... foundation... blush... straighten-ing my hair... crud. That took 40 minutes. I'll be ten minutes late... oh well.
I grabbed some cash, said goodbye to the guys, kissed Brandon, and left. I waved to some of the members of the other bands as I walked through the place where our buses were. I stopped and talked to a couple of them and then picked up the pace. At this rate I'd be 15 minutes late.
So, the reason I'm into comic books? Nah, I'm no comic nerd. But I love manga and I draw my own manga pretty good. I also found a while ago that comic books have the most amazing plots and have inspired me in my writing. So, yeah, I do own comic books, not a lot though. My favorite series is Umbrella Acadamy. Of course, one of the reasons I love it is because I love My Chemical Romance, but I seriously do love the series. Er… then again, I’ve only read 5 &6. But its not my fault that the store gets rid of the all of the old editions.
I finally arrived at the convention… fifteen minutes late. Joy. I paid $5 to get in and walked inside. I looked at all the booths and couldn’t help giggling. This was my first convention and it was everything I thought it would be. Booths for different comic books and people going around looking at them... I loved it. The guys probably would’ve hated it.
I walked around and looked at different booths. Some of the comics I knew and others I didn’t. But I looked either way. Then I saw the Umbrella Acadamy booth. I all but ran to it. Holy crap, they have all 6 issues for sale. Man I’m glad I brought money. I picked up the first issue and started reading. I was almost halfway through when someone interrupted me.
“So you like Umbrella Academy?” The voice asked.
“Love it.” I replied without looking up.
“That’s good. I love it too.” The person sounded like he was trying not to laugh. Then I thought to myself… wait, I’ve heard this voice before. I looked up and tried not to yell out.
It was Gerard Way. Holy Crap, it's Gerard Way. Now I understood why he was laughing.
“Well I should hope you like it.” I said with a smile, “You wrote it.”
“True.” He shrugged. “So… I feel like I’ve seen you before, but I have no clue where.”
“Reallllyyy.” I said it more like a statement than a question. Had Gerard seriously heard of our little band?
“Yeah. Feel free to give me any clues.” He said.
“Ha. Like what?” I asked.
“Hmmm… how about a name?” he asked slightly sarcastically.
“Oh. Yeah. That would be good.” I said, “I’m Alicia.”
“AH HA!” he cried, “You’re from that band!! Ummm… what’s it called… shit… I should know this…”
“Assisted Revenge?” I offered, trying not to smirk. I found this kinda funny.
“THAT’S IT!” he laughed.
“How the hell do you even know about us?” I asked.
“I have friends you know… and there’s always magazines.”
“You read magazines?” I laughed.
“Ok, ok, mostly friends.” Gerard laughed.
“Nice.”
“So aren’t you guys on Warped Tour?”
“Yeah. We have a show tonight.”
“Oh, yeah, I was considering coming to it.”
“Considering?”
“Well now I have to come.”
“Why?”
“Well now I’m interested. Before you were just a band my friends like.”
“Well I’m flattered.”
“Hey, I had nothing against you guys. I just really…didn’t… ugh. How do I say it without being mean?”
“How’s, ‘I really couldn’t’ve cared less before, because I…’ well I don’t know your reason.”
“I never really…er…listened to the cd…”
“Well that’s good-ish. We’re almost as good live as we are on the CD… or so I’ve been told.”
“Haha. Yeah. I have no clue if I sing good live.”
“Same…. So you’re really coming tonight?”
“Yeah. Is that a problem?”
“Nope.”
“So…”
“I think I’m going to buy these.” I said picking up the first 4 issues of Umbrella Academy.
“Sweet.”
“Definitely.”
“So are you doing anything at all for the rest of the day?”
“Nope. Just sound check I think.”
“Sweet. Can I come?”
“Sure. The guys will be thrilled.”
So with that I bought the first four issues and Gerard and I left. Over the half an hour walk we talked about our bands. I asked Gerard some stuff about My Chemical Romance like the album they were allegedly working on since they were done with the Black Parade is Dead tour. Then he asked me some stuff about Assisted Revenge.
“Aren’t you guys like all orphans?”
“Yeah.”
“I bet the media had a hay-day over that.”
“Ha! Maybe if the media actually noticed us. I mean sure, we’ve had a few magazine interviews and such. I’m hoping that Warped Tour will help us a little.”
“It should.”
“Our music video for Take It Away is going to premire on TRL…er…sometime this week. That should help too.”
“Yeah. I know that helped us a bunch.”
“Yup… oh good, we’re finally entering the site. I thought my legs were going to break.”
“A few months in a tour bus weakened your legs?”
“Hardy har. No. We haven’t even been on for two months.”
“Wow. Then you must just have really weak legs or mine are really strong.”
“I vote for the second option.”
By then we reached Assisted Revenge’s tour bus.
“I hope the guys are on here or else its going to be impossible to find them.” I muttered opening the door to the bus.
I was knocked over by Keith as soon as I walked in.
“What the fuck?!” I cried.
“Sorry, I got into the song.” He replied. He was holding a plastic guitar.
“You guys are playing RockBand aren’t you?” I asked.
“Yeah.”
“Who’s playing drums if you aren’t?”
“Shane.” He said with a grin, “He’s not failing like you did.”
“Shut up.” I tried drums once and I sucked. I have no rhythm. “So guess who I ran into at the convention?”
“Not a clue because I don’t know anyone who actually likes comic books except for you.”
“Gerard Way.”
“WHAT? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?”
“Yes, yes I am.”
“You have all the fun.”
“Not true.” I moved to the side and Gerard came into Keith’s view. “He wanted to see sound check and the concert.”
Keith dropped his guitar and Shane and Brandon finally looked away from the TV screen. I giggled at their expressions. They all had some form of disbelief and shock on their face.
“Hi.” Gerard said with a little wave.
“…H-Hi.” Keith stuttered. Brandon and Shane did the same.
“This is Keith. This is Brandon. And this is Shane.” I introduced them.
“So you’re…going to listen…to our sound check?” Brandon was starting to get over the shock.
“Yeah. I have friends who tell me you guys are good so yeah.” Gerard replied.
“Cool.” Shane said fully recovered.
“So you guys are playing RockBand?” Gerard asked.
“Yeah.” Keith said. “You wanna play?”
“Sure.” Brandon handed me the mike and Keith handed Gerard the guitar.
We all played RockBand until it was time for sound check.
We played Black Mamba by The Academy Is…. It didn’t really matter what song we did just as long as we could check the sound. Gerard sat in the audience watching us. We were an odd band when it comes to sound check. We danced around like it was an actual performance. Mostly to see what the stage was like and what we could do with it. But we also did it to entertain the bands waiting to do their sound checks. After we were all done we went into the audience to watch more bands and to see what Gerard thought.
“Nice. You guys are definitely really good.” He said.
That just about made our day. The day went by pretty quickly and then we had the show. We waited backstage until our turn to play.
We went out there and performed the show of our lives. The crowd was cheering and dancing and we were having so much fun. The show went by in a whirlwind.
We went backstage afterwards and Gerard walked towards us.
“You guys were really really good!” he said.
“Thanks!” I said enthusiastically. He told us some stuff we did really good on and some stuff we needed to work on. It really helped. So… we’ve met Gerard Way… what’s next? Seriously, I have no clue. But with Warped Tour and our music video premiring on TRL this week anything can happen.
------------------

its been a long time since ive updated and i apologize. i scrapped my original idea for chapter 6 and went with this. it took up 4 pages on microsoft word. definitely my longest. also- i have never been to warped tour so if i got it wrong please let me know so i can fix it. also one more thing- BRANDONS PAST. i've decided to just give shanes past to him. so if you have an idea for shanes past (which has to be good because it made him so quiet) either put it on rate and review or email me at monkeymaniac5@aol.com. RATE AND REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story