Categories > Original > Fantasy > Guardian Angel

Chapter 2

by flying_angel 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 481 words

0Unrated
"Emily. Emily, wake up."

I awoke to a gentle hand shaking me awake.I blinked wearily, and looked around. I was in my bed. I was home. It was dark outside my window. I tried to recall what had happened, but my mind was foggy.

"Daddy, where's Mommy?"

At that question, tears welled up in his eyes, and he choked back a sob."Honey....Sweetie, Mommy's dead."

Me, being nine at the time, didn't understand about death."When can I seee her again?"

He swallowed hard."You can't see her again. She's not coming back."

I sat up in my bed and looked at him, my Daddy, who had always been so strong.

"I-I have to make some phone calls, Emily."He patted me on the head."You go back to sleep, now."

"Okay, Daddy."I watched him leave, closing the dppr behind him. But I didn't go back to sleep.I wrapped my arms around my knees and curled up. Quietly, I sobbed.

But then, there was a flash of light. I looked up. Out from the light stepped a boy. He was sixteen. I couldn't see his face; his hoodie's marron hood hung down to the bridge of his nose. He wore nothing else except jeans;his feet were bare.He stepped towards me, and the bright white light died.

"Who are you?" My young face peered curiously at him.

"My name is," he lowered his hood. Underneath was a kind smile.Eyes like melted chocolate gazed at me. Curly dark hair framed his face. "My name is Michael. Hello, Emily."

At this point, I was more intruiged than frightened(now what was wrong with that statement? A stranger appears in my room from a flash of light, and I'm merely intriuged?)."How do you know my name?"

"I know lots of things about you," he said softly. "I also know you lost your mother today."

My lower lip trembled. "It's ......it was my fault."

Michael looked quizically at me."No Emily. It's not your fault."

"Yes it is. If Mommy hadn't been wearing my ring, she wouldn't have slipped." The tears were flowing freely now."And I didn't try to save her. I just stood." My shoulders were shaking.

"Emily, Emily." He strode over to me, and sat on the edge of my bed. He hugged me close. His touch filled me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, and I snuggled into his embrace. "Don't ever say that it's your fault.Alright?"

I nodded. "Michael, why are you here?"

"I'm your Guardian Angel."

I looked up at him. "You don't have wings."

He chuckled."No, I'm a different type of angel.I'll tell you about it sometime."

"'Kay." I smiled. "Do you want to meet my Daddy?"

"Actually, it would be better if he didn't know about me. It could be our little secret, alright?"

"A secret. Okay Michael."
Sign up to rate and review this story