Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

I Only Mean Half Of What I Don't Say

by The_Used 2 reviews

Someone new moved into the neighborhood. R for language

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-03-25 - Updated: 2009-03-26 - 1728 words

0Unrated
I think it was the way up to New Jersey that made me sick.

I wasn't sure if I was going to fit in. I was terrified of being alienated. I was going to miss my place back in Arizona. I've always hated Arizona but I realised I was leaving all that I ever knew behind and it scared the living shit out of me. My mother wanted to start a new life on the East coast to get away from all the family drama on the West coast. I really needed a fresh new start after what I did but I wasn't up for this much change. I vaguely remember driving up to New Jersey with my mother.
It was that feeling of delirium that made me even number on the inside. I really wasn't too sure how much more of this I would be able to take.
I would not only have to move a zillion miles from my family and friends but I would have to figure out what I was going to do in my spare time.
I thought I already had my future planned out.
I was working for my license in Professional Body Modifications.
My apprenticeship I had been working so long for was no longer a priority anymore.
I used to spend all my time in the parlor. I would walk all the way to the parlor from school every fucking day.
Everyday was different at the shop. It would go a little something like this: I would arrive to the parlor and swing the door open letting the sterile smell brush against my face. Lucy would be blasting music usually by the band Emmure while she would stack up the H2Ocean bottles on the side of the counter. I would walk behind the counter filled body jewelry of every sort with a Buddha statue on top off it and place my bag down. I'd walk down the dark hall to the right where I would hear the buzzing sound of a tattoo machine pressing up against a customer's skin assuming it was Mike. I would walk into Mike's office where the ink magic would happen. I would see a girl lying on her stomach with her shirt up and Mike would be on her lower back tattooing some weird "tramp stamp" like a collage of butterflies while he listened to Elysia. I'd clock in and tell Mike to "suck my dick". He would look up and say something like "Fuck off baby doll! 'Bet you haven't even seen a dick" or something of that nature following with his signature giggle. Then I'd rush off to Headrick's office with a smile on my lips. Now don't get me wrong, Tattooing is amazing but Piercing is better and Headrick's office is where all the fun happened. I would push open the door and usually hear The Cover Up playing on the iPod dock while Headrick was sorting out his needles. This is when I knew it was time to get to work. Around 2:30 we'd get a grip of customers waiting to get some sort of a new modification. Thank god it was college girls wanting just a little belly button piercing because it was fast and simple. While Headrick was busy in the back piercing I'd be in the front with Lucy jamming out to the latest single by Annotations of an Autopsy. My apprenticeship wasn't just learning about how to properly pierce it was about learning how to connect with your customers during their piercing sessions. I would learn about the music scene so I would understand my customer’s perspective in music and well Lucy was showing me there was more to the scene than just mainstream. Jamming out was fun 'n' all but I usually got bored so I'd chill out with the customers while they waited for their session. We always got those hella cool customers that would invite you to their like band's show. Just thinking about all those customers we had and all the fun times I had at the parlor while working in the later hours of the night made me want to go crawling back to Arizona.
I don't think I would ever find anyone as cool in New Jersey as the people in my crew back home.
Who was I going to hang out with now? What was I going to do after school for the rest of my student career? What was I going to do with my life since I never finished my apprenticeship?

I wanted to get away from the life I lead in Arizona but I wasn’t sure if moving all the way to New Jersey was such a good idea but I was willing to do whatever it took to make my mom happy again after what I did in Arizona.

Making it to New Jersey was one thing but finding our house was another. I swear my mom could not take directions even if it was a life and death situation. I remember finding the house after so many hours of going around in circles. We pulled up in the driveway. I looked around to see a plain white house with light blue shutters on the windows. I really didn’t feel like home but I guess I had to make the best out of it until further notice. I remember my Mother and Father getting out of the vehicle smiling and hugging each other. They shared their excitement with one another while I just stood there glaring at the house with my Johnny the Homicide Maniac comic book in one hand and my iPod in the other. I felt like that stupid Zoloft bubble on those fucking television commercials. My thoughts were interrupted by a light tap on the shoulder. I swiftly turned around and pulled out my ear bud out and saw a lady a bit shorter than be with shoulder black shoulder length hair next to a taller lady with long blonde hair smiling at me.

“Uh…I’m sorry. Can I help you?” I said with a fake smile.
The shorter lady looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and opened her mouth to talk.
“Hello Honey! I’m Linda and this is Donna. We both live a couple of doors down. We just wanted to take the time to welcome you to our neighborhood!” Linda said excitedly.
“Um thank you. My name is Jessica. Uh I should go get my parents. I bet they’d like to meet you.” I said and walked off. I walked in right when my parents were in the middle of talking about what they’d like to decorate the kitchen with while holding each other. I just love interrupting these special moments of simple gestures of love.
“There are two weird ladies out there who wanted to welcome us to the neighborhood. I think you guys should go like maybe talk to them?” damn I don’t think I’ll ever be able to put a simple sentence together.
My mom looked at me with this weird look and said “uh sure honey. Go get some of the boxes from the car and start putting stuff away”
They both walked off yapping about what colour they were going to paint the walls in their bedroom.
I wasn’t even going to bother to look around the shitty ass house I would have to call my home.
Instead I walked back outside to see the two women with their husbands and 3 kids about my age.
I walked up behind my mother and listened to these grown people yap loudly about the ‘hotspots” in Newark. I rolled my eyes and looked over to a fence across the street that looked like it was going to tip over. I was interrupted by a boy with short brown hair and glasses.
“Hi, I’m Mikey.” He said with a huge grin.
I looked at him with a amused expression.
“Hey. I’m Jessica.” I said trying to sound a bit nice considering I was hella annoyed with meeting so many new people in less than a 24 hour time period.
Mikey turned around and yelled at two boys to come and introduce themselves.
“Jessica, this is Frank and Gerard.” He said while he gestured his hand to two boys. One shorter than him self with black and unnaturally red hair and a nose ring and a lip ring the other one taller than Mikey with greasy short hair. Then he spoke again “Frank, Gerard, This is Jessica.”
Gerard mumbled a high and Frank waved.
Wow…My new besties! Can you hear the sarcasm dripping from every word?
Frank decided to be the bold one to talk first. “Damn, nice metal! Did the septum hurt?” He said will touching his nose.
“Uh… Not so much. It’s just a bitch after you get it pierced. I sneezed a lot afterward.” I said while I slightly tugged the ring dangling from my nose.
“Ah that’s pretty brutal shit.” Frank said while observing my modifications.
“Yeah speaking of brutal, I have to take down all this shit from this fucking car.” I said following up with a sigh. Hey, I wasn’t trying to be a pest I just wanted to see if these neighbors of mine were actually good neighbors.
I looked at Gerard who was elbowing Mikey. Mikey suddenly looked like the light bulb in his head finally went on.
“Oh! We all help you! Right guys?” He said while looking back and forth to Frank and Gerard.
They both nodded.
I played the innocent role. “Well, you guys really don’t have to.”
“Really it’s no problem!” Mikey said excitedly. Damn what the fuck are these people taking? I definitely want some of whatever they’re taking.
I felt bad but there’s no way in hell I’m taking all this shit down.
“Well the stuff is this way.” I said as they followed me to the car.


Ehhh…It doesn’t sound so interesting now but I can guarantee you that the plot will thicken next chapter. Tell me what you think. It has been awhile since I’ve written. Tell me what I should clean up on. Thanks
x.x.X,
Me
Sign up to rate and review this story