Categories > Games > Pokemon > Pokèmon: Serene and Discord

Chapter Three - A Rough Start

by CJWorthington 0 reviews

Chapter Three of Pokémon: Serene and Discord

Category: Pokemon - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2022-02-28 - 1289 words

0Unrated
Two Pokémon, Water and Fire were locked in a battle, ignoring the calls of their new Trainers as they made ready to fire off another round of attacks.

Vexling flapped it’s wings and tried to soar into the air, but the Swindevil leapt onto it’s back before the bird could get far enough away. The furious blue Pokémon flipped over as it crashed to the ground, unleashing a flurry of Pecks. The doll-like bear smiled wide as it retaliated with slashing claws.

“That’s enough you two. Pidgeot, break this up.” Professor Acacia called, reaching into a pouch on her side and retrieving a PokeBall. A giant, silver colored Kanekan Pidgeot appeared from a flash of light and immediately got to work.

With it’s beak, it snatched up the Swindevil by the scruff of its neck, lifting it high into the air. A large crashing foot came down on Vexling, as the large bird pinned the small blue one down. The Kanekan Pidgeot growled fiercely as the creature in it’s mouth squirmed, causing it to pause when it met the eyes of the clearly powerful Mon. Vexling remained still, sensing already, that the battle was lost.

“Thank you,” The blonde Professor addressed her Flying and Grass type Pokèmon with a grateful nod. “You two will have a lot of work ahead of you, learning to control your new Partners.”

“Well, its his fault for letting that beast attack my Vexling. If it hadn’t bumped into mine, there never would have even been a battle.” Amelia snarled back, glaring at Felix.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t expect it-,” the small boy tried to apologize with embarrassed, down cast eyes.

“Didn’t expect?” Amelia snorted incredulously, interrupting the quiet reply, “Were you not listening to the RotomDex? It clearly said the Pokèmon you picked was a mischievous little troublemaker.”

“Don’t go blaming this all on my brother.” Riley flashed back, moving to stand in front of Felix protectively. “If your Vexling didn’t have such a nasty temper, the fight might not have even happened.”

“Like you were any help, standing there watching. You didn’t even try to stop it.” Amelia took an angry step forward.

“My Foliroo wasn’t involved. Why should I try to stop a fight that doesn’t even include me?”

“Oh, you mean like you’re doing right now, by taking your clearly-at-fault, brother’s side?”

“Enough,” Professor Acacia raised her voice, stepping and grabbing the shoulder of Amelia and pulling her back while her husband hauled Riley away by the arm. “You all are about to start your Pokèmon Journey and the very first thing you do is fight? I have the power to allow you to go out on this, but I also have the ability to revoke your traveling rights.”

“What? You can’t do that, mom! I’ve waited so long for this day” Riley pleaded.

“I can and I will, if I don’t see you two getting along at least a little bit. Now, we’re all going to step back and take a few moments to calm down. Return your Pokèmon to their balls and use this moment to think seriously about what just happened. I’ll take the time to decide of you guys really deserve to go”

The three teenagers silently and obediently did as they were told, then retreated to a corner in the room. Professor Acacia remained where she was, her heart still pounding in her frustration. Her Pidgeot, now released from it’s babysitting, carefully made its way over to have the orange and yellow, leafy feathers on it’s head ruffled by the tall woman.

“Athini,” her husband whispered, coming over and placing a hand on her shoulder. “Give the kids another chance, alright. It’s a rough start, yes, but everyone’s emotions are as high as a Dragonarch flying over the sea.”

“But you saw what happened, Myron. I’m worried Riley and Amelia will just keep fighting, and we can’t really expect poor Felix to try keeping the peace with two Tauros-headed people on the journey. What if they try to split up when they get out of town?”

Myron looked over at the children and sighed. “I don’t think any of them would so much as attempt that. They know the rules. Three or more Trainers, or no journey at all. They wouldn’t risk being banned from this so early on. All the kids have a lot of growing ahead of them, but I’m sure they’ll all be fine.”

“I don’t know. We’ll see how they do once we get back to it.” The Professor said with a shake of her head.

The room fell into utter silence for a time, as the teenagers stood in their own corners and the adults watched them from the center.

Felix sat, hugging his knees on the ground. Riley stood, casting a few angry glances at the girl. Amelia sat with her back leaning against the wall. For a long while, no one uttered a word.

Then, with a sigh, Amelia stood up. She muttered a couple of words under her breath, as if readying herself, then she marched determinedly across the room. Nearly every eye tracked her progress as she made her way towards Felix. From their own corner, Riley took a step forward, ready to defend their shy brother once more.

“Felix.” The dark skinned girl called, her voice soft for a change. “Look, I know it wasn’t your fault that Swindevil got into a fight with my Vexling. And having just met them, neither of us stood a chance at controlling either of our Pokèmon’s actions.” She sighed once more before continuing.

“What I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry.” She closed her eyes as she spoke, as if saying these words were somewhat upsetting her. She stood for a few seconds again. “I’m sorry that I blamed you for something out of your control. Out of all our control. And I’m sorry for getting mad about it.”

She turned to the tall teen now. “And I’m sorry to you as well. I never should have yelled at your brother and I also should not have retaliated against you when you were only trying to defend him.”

“You’re right, Amelia.” Riley said after a moments pause to calm themself down as well. “I was taking Felix’s defense, but I went about it the wrong way. I only made the situation worse by getting mad as well. Would you still be willing to travel with us, even after such a rocky start?”

“Of course I would. But I think the real person we should ask here is your brother.” Amelia turned back to the short teen, who continued to sit, his eyes trained on the ground. “Will you still travel with us? With me?”

The black and blue haired boy looked up at their sibling, as if searching for an answer, but they remained silent. Felix then turned his eyes to Amelia and responded. “Alright. I don’t want to miss this either.”

The dark skinned teen reached her hand out to the boy and smiled. “Then lets see if the Professor will let us go.”

Felix paused for a heartbeat, but then placed his own into her’s, and the girl hoisted the smaller boy to his feet. Riley walked over and placed a hand on both of their shoulders and nodded.

“Let’s go talk to her then.” They said, now beaming at the newly formed friendship.
Sign up to rate and review this story