- Username: RenValentine
- Website: DeviantART
- Member Since: 2008-07-19
- Real name: Render
- AIM: Beloved Traviata
- Bio:R.S. Valentine here. I was invited by The Wordslinger to join this site and so I have. We're pretty good friends so don't mess with 'em.
Anywho, I'm mostly a drama writer but I can also do some humour...And apparently very sad things.
A few rules, not that I ought to have to say this...But hey, here I am, in a typing mood so say it I shall.
1) I tend to write with quite a bit of detail, in the style of my literary heroes C.S. Friedman and Stephen King. If you don't like my style, don't tell me about it...That's not constructive.
2) If I spell something like a retard, do tell...I DESPISE spelling errors AAAH! Works catches many of them but things like the 'their' and 'there' SNAFU happen.
3) I write a lot of slashiness. Don't like, don't look. I DO try to warn with ratings and summaries. If it hits you out of nowhere, I apologize but again, don't tell me. I know, I wrote it.
4) I'm a cusser, not too careful about my language...If profanity bothers you, the same applies to this as in number three. I'm very sorry.
5) Violence is paramount in many a story. I don't recall if many of mine on this site have it but they're bound to eventually...Rule three also applies here.
6) This one's not so much a rule as a request. If you add one of my stories to your favorites list, please comment. Even if it's just a 'hey, nice job', that's totally good enough for me. Everyone loves a good pat on the back once in awhile. I make it a point to check the accounts of people who've commented (hencing not a word the reason I've disabled anonymous comments) and who knows? Maybe you'll get a 'long days and pleasant nights' from me.
7) Constructive criticism in my mind is defined as a helpful comment that offers advice to me to improve an error or weakness in my writing (or tell me I spelled 'necessary' wrong). It is not to say 'ew Tassadar isn't gay for Jim Raynor!' First off, yes, he is (hahah, sorry, I'm...Err yeah...) and second, that's not a weakness or flaw, it's a preference.
8) Lastly, since eight is a kickass number (or I can't think of anything else that bugs me), I'd like you not to stop at reading this gobbledigook but go on to read a story or two of mine. Once again, not a rule so much as a request...I'm on my knees here, people!! Naw, kidding. Anywho, long days and pleasant nights...
- I've always wanted a cool alter ego name. I decided on The Wordslinger, mostly (almost entirely) based on my recent fathom with The Dark Tower series by Stephen King (my hero). But really, th...
Have you ever realized that all you know about Hermione is what she said about herself and what she ...
In: Harry Potter
- Authors: 634150
- Stories: 40450
In: Angel Sanctuary
Brendon/O.C. Brendon and Amy cross paths out of sheer luck, will Amy fall hard for the panic! singer...
Eighth one in my series, "Ghost Doll." Three cases in one: missing and moving corpses, Hotaru's frie...
In: Yami no Matsuei
"How can anybody know who they are if they don't know where they came from?" - A Jensen Ackles fanfi...