Home > The Melting Pot > any high school marching band members?

AuthorMessage
Tian87
any high school marching band members?
anybody up for a little marching band talk now that the season is over?
Annej Yes!! I'm in a marching band, I love it. My band got silver this year, not bad considering we only have 14 wind players on the field
Tian87 really, i don't know how many we have but we dont have alot either, what do u play?
Annej bari sax, even though I'm just over 5 feet tall. it's a little sad seeing this girl running around on the field with the bottom of the sax hitting the ground during jazz running. The MBDA (maine band directors association) thinks I'm crazy.

what might you play, oh fellow band person?
Tian87 in marching band i have to play regualr clarinet, but in concert i play bass clasrinet and i play louder than every one else. its sad
Annej That's funny. I play clarinet in concert band and a giant sax in marching band :-p power to the low instruments!
YourFavoriteLoveSong Will you hurt me if I say I play the flute, a high instrument? x3 I used to play in band, but now I just take private lessons.
Annej No hurting administered! Band peoples are good peoples.

high instruments are fun, except 16th note runs at high speeds... shudders
Tian87 u people is funny, this guy who marches the tenor(sp?) in percussion used to play flute, and hes this big guy so thinking of him playing flute is funny, just thoought i might say that since we have a flute player with us!
Syramoon @YourFavoriteLoveSong: Cool- another Flute player lol. I play piccolo too though for Marching Band and a little in Symphonic.

And I hate those 16th note runs.... yuck.....

Is anyone willing to say what their show was for this year? My band's was based around 1001 Arabian Nights, it was pretty cool to play tho. We didn't move around as much on the field as we had the previous years- in fact, last year we were basically running across the field for half the show XD

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

• Devotion
    by DK_ (R)

Would you? Could you? Squall/Rinoa, the Timber Civil War, and things best left unspoken.

In: Final Fantasy 8

Site Stats

• Authors: 482360
  • Stories: 40155

Recent Stories