Home > Site Issues > A little question

AuthorMessage
DarkRealm
A little question
I use Microsoft Word XP thingy... oki... so why won't it let me just upload it? everytime i try, it gives me an error message so yeah... just wondering
Ithilwen I hate Windows XP...

Let me see. Ah. I get it. Save your word file (.doc) as a text file (.txt) or webpage (.html) before you try to upload it.
sparky_lurkdragon Or, alternately, insert HTML tags in the appropriate places (italics, etc.) and copy/paste into the text field.
Forge Oh, God. Try Ith's method. Manually inserting tags is an absolute pain in the derriere.
sparky_lurkdragon Maybe I'm just used to it because I also post to LiveJournal.
Ithilwen Actually, Forge, I do type in my own tags. I have to anyway to post chapters on my bulletin board, so I just CTRL-F and switch [ to < and copypaste them here.

And if possible, please don't use the expressions "manually insert" and "derriere" in the same sentence.
Forge Ficwad has made manually inserting tags into my stories obsolete. I just save a Word as an HTML, upload it to Ficwad, copy/paste to Word again, and change to [] or whatnot. Ah, such a beautiful thing.

Manually inserting HTML tags is no longer a pain in the buttocks.
Ithilwen Your italics formatting is still there, Forge, but your paragraphs on S^3 run together with no tabs.
Forge That's a problem I need to fix. Is there a setting to double-space between paragraphs?
Ithilwen In my experience, there is not. You must either save in a format that won't eat your tabs or manually add an extra paragraph break. Like I said, I have to do the latter anyway to post on other websites, so it's no big deal for me.

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 638083
  • Stories: 40444

Recent Stories