Home > The Melting Pot > Playstation 3 Vs The Xbox 360

AuthorMessage
syphonycometh
Playstation 3 Vs The Xbox 360
I weighed, I balanced, PS3 slaughters!
JesusKetchum31
Meh.
Right now the only system I'm seriously thinking about is the X-Box 360. The sheer hubris of Sony, to market their system at 699 dollars, sort of angers me, and besides... Halo! You can't forget Halo!

What I'm wondering is, why isn't the Wii mentioned in this thread? It sounds like it's going to be cheap and innovative, although I'm having doubts about it. I'm a loyal Nintendo/Sega fan, and I have been since I was a kid but... Well, if we have to use the wiimote control to play games, that's just wiidiculous. Still, I heard Gamecube controllers will be useable, and if that applies to most games, I may wiiconsider.
syphonycometh Wii isn't on here due to the fact that it doesn't have a Halo or a Final Fantasy or a Devil May Cry or a Dead or Alive. As for Halo...I usually don't consider two to four games saving a system everytime. And Halo does that. And Xbox stole Dead or alive from Dreamcast and Playstation! What the fuzz?! I do agree however on seven hundred dollors for one system. It isn't fair to us common folk!
JesusKetchum31 I didn't get a Gamecube until Christmas 2004, if that says anything about my buying habits. Any system that's going to sell for $699 is never going to come into my price range. Becuase of that, and my terrible fangirling of Pokemon, the Wii is a reasonable option for me. Sadly, though, the deciding factor for me will probably be the different plots of the two Sonic games that are in the works. If the one for the PS2/360 is too Trunks or doesn't have enough angst, I may go for a Wii and get Wildfire, which is apparently devoid of angst but has an interesting premise.

Of course, I probably won't get any of the new systems until I graduate from college. -_-
Agent_Topaz WEll, can someone help me with contacts? How to i disable the contact feature?
Squallfan I've always been a Playstation girl myself. So, PS3 definately.
syphonycometh Is it anything to do with Squall Lionheart?
SilverArmada I kinda like all three myself. I got a 360 at launch and will get a Wii at launch, I'll just have to wait on the PS3 because of the insane price tag. I think each system offers something different and I like to play good games no matter the platform.
sparky_lurkdragon Wii for the win, because Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3. Heck, maybe even because Pokemon Battle Revolution. Besides, it's the cheapest of the three, and the Virtual Console sounds awesome (finally getting to play old Metroid games, woo).

I wish I could get all the consoles, really, but sadly I cannot. Stupid money. So, I'm just gonna stick with what's worked for me before.

...Plus, responding to fanboy/fangirlism with fangirlism is fun. :p

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 667923
  • Stories: 39962

Recent Stories