Home > Site Issues > Constant server errors

AuthorMessage
bunies
Constant server errors
Have been getting constant error messages for the last few days. It is very frustrating and I have frequently had to just give up on the site and go elsewhere to read fanfic.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ficwad.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
locust I've been getting a lot of those, too. I think the server is overloaded with traffic.
Rous Mine just says try again. And again. And again. And again.
Lourdes ...and again, and again... yeah, I know that one well, Rous.

There are some days when hours go by before I can get on, if I manage to get on at all. Or I CAN get on, but I can only go as far as my account page. As Ficwad is still in the testing phase I'm hoping this will clear up soon.
Rous That has happened to me, also. I can access the main page, and maybe my account, but no forums and no further in search than that page.

I am not sure it is a site issue as much as a usage issue. I know my SO complains when the kids are out of school because everything is so slow. That may not happen with high-speed, but those of use who are destined to use dial-up just have to wait.

Or, it may be a combination of both.
Lourdes I don't think it's your connection. I have a high speed cable modem and it'll still make me wait 5 minutes before the server finally times me out.

:( I just want to read my reviews!
spt1224 I doubt that it's anything that FicWad can resolve without moving to a different hosting provider. DreamHost, it seems, must be a notorious overseller.
fruit_addict This happens to me often enough. I often find it helps to click 'Refresh'. Someitmes it doesn't work but usually it does. For me at least.
CenturionRyan Yeah, this has been happening to me recently as well.

As of today, it's died down a bit.
Chaossama I use Firefox and while I haven't been getting this exact message, I've been getting the constant message of: Slight problem here

Our host seems to be having some unanticipated downtime

Please forgive the inconvenience as we get this fixed...

--Your friendly admins

While I could accept that this may be just a one-time thing, this is the second time that this happened. Is this normal for this site? I ask this because when I opened it in IE, I got the error mentioned above and was wondering if they were connected.

Register Lost password

Filter

You won't see stories with a lower score when you browse or search. Log in to adjust filter.

Featured Story

Site Stats

• Authors: 490618
  • Stories: 40148

Recent Stories