Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Forever Feels Like Home

Chapter 15

by LOVELA

All you need is love.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-01-21 - Updated: 2009-01-22 - 1484 words - Complete

?Blocked
"I want to marry you," Pete said suddenly causing me to spit out my water across the table.

"Well, that wasn't necessarily the reaction that I was going for," he smiled at the look of pure shock on my face.

"Married? I'm only seventeen and still in high school!?" I said shocked.

"I didn't say that I wanted to marry you right now," he laughed slightly.

"Good God, Pete. That's not just something that you blurt out," I put my hand up to my heart.

"Apparently not. Especially when the other party is drinking," he started to wipe up the spray of water that came out of my mouth.

"Well, what did you expect?" I asked still very shocked by this conversation. Pete and I had only been boyfriend/girlfriend status for nine months. This was something that was supposed to come out three or four years down the line.

"I just wanted to let you know," he said shrugging still amused by my reaction.

"How do you know you want to marry me?" I asked with caution.

"You're my best friend and my companion. Isn't that was married couples are?" he stated as though there was no question.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He was right. We were best friends and companions. I just shut my mouth and smiled.

"Why don't we wait until we graduate to talk about this," I said grabbing his hand.

Pete smiled and shrugged at me. How did I get so lucky as to have such a perfect boy?


I awoke with a jolt and looked around at my unfamiliar surroundings. Reality finally hit me as to where I was. It was then saddness that consumed my body because he wasn't there with me.

I looked over at the clock and it was only 9:00 at night. I stretched my body to the best of my ability and slowly stood up grabbing at the crutches by my side. I hobbled out of the bedroom and listened. It was silent, which I thought was quite odd. I saw a light glowing down the hallway, so I followed it to see where the source of the light was illuminating from.

I turned the corner and couldn't help but smile at the sight before me. Patrick sat on the couch with his head tilted back and his mouth hanging wide open. He had fallen asleep with his laptop on his lap and his headphones on. The tv was giving off a silent light. I leaned against the doorway and sighed to myself. Life would be so much easier if he was the one I was in love with.

I looked around at my surroundings taking in everything. I was on heightened alert after my late afternoon nap. My attention got pulled to a bedroom door that was slightly ajar. I slowly got to the door and peaked inside. It was too dark to tell, but his scent filled my nostrils in a heartbeat. I silently searched the room for a light and found a lamp on the desk that gave off just enough light for me to snoop.

I knew better than to do so, but I didn't care. He was off getting married.

After my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I looked around at all of his belongings. He was always a slob. He had books laying all over the place. There were notebooks with scribbles on them and sheets of paper hang out of them. He had hoodies and shoes scattered all about. Every now and then I would come across some stupid little toy or trinket that I was sure held some significance to him.

My eyes landed on his bed and I just stood there staring. I instantly thought about that night in Chicago. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream out. I wanted so much. My attention suddenly got pulled to an object under the bed which cause me to be pulled over there. I sat down on the floor and pulled out the box. I was in so much shock that there was no way I could have hidden the gasp that escaped my lips.

I looked into the box that could have fit two pairs of shoes in it to find that it was full of memories of me. I instantly felt the tears slip down my cheeks. He kept everything. There were little notes from me in high school, a couple of presents that I had randomly given him, pictures everywhere, and home videos. I looked at them with shock because there had to of been at least twenty videos in the box. He always had that damn video camera with him.

My eyes scanned his room for a tv and found the video camera already hooked into the tv for viewing. I struggled over to the tv and opened the camera to watch one of the videos when I noticed there was already a tape in there. Curiosity hadn't let me down all day, so I pushed play to see what he had been watching before.

I gasped out again when I saw my face on the screen.

"Pete, get that thing out of my face." I heard myself say.

I walked backwards slowly and sat down on the bed and watched the memory that haunted my dreams play out before me.

No, we just made love, and I have a question for you and I want to get your honest feed back while the euphoria is still embedded in your head. I heard Pete say back.

I couldn't believe that he was watching this movie. It made me hate him even more.

-----

I wasn't sure at what point in the watching the movies that I had fallen back asleep, but I was slowly waking up when I more than positive that I wasn't alone in the room that I was in.

I opened my eyes and noticed that the tv screen had turned to blue showing me that the video had come to an end. I was about to close my eyes again when I heard someone walk around quietly. I sat up quickly.

"Relax," he whispered and walked towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"This is my room. I should be asking you that," he said sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I...well...I was just..." he got me there. I had no idea what to say to him.

"You were just watching my movies," he pointed to the box on the floor that I carelessly left out.

"Well, I'm in those movies too, so technically they are half mine," I said matter-o-factly.

Pete just rolled his eyes and walked over to his desk.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"Izzy. This is my room. Why do you keep asking me that?" he asked taking off his shirt.

I looked down into my hands at seeing his flesh.

"Well, I ask that because usually when people get married they spend their first night as a married couple together," I spat out.

"Married!? What the hell are you talking about?" Pete asked probably more louder than he anticipated.

"Do you talk to your band members? They thought you were in Vegas getting married!" I said probabaly more louder than I anticipated.

Pete walked over to the door and shut it tight.

"For Christ's sake," Pete mumbled and took off his pants.

I looked around the room nervously.

"I didn't get married," Pete shrugged his arms with exhaustion.

"Where would they have gotten such an idea like that?" I asked knowing that Patrick was definitely not the type of person to spread such a rumor.

"Because I'm an asshole," Pete said pulling the covers down from his bed. I looked up at him. He just nodded for be to get under them. I did as he instructed.

"I'm not protesting that point," I said moving slowly.

I heard Pete sigh as he laid down next to me.

"I just left a quick note to Patrick that said I had to go to Vegas for Kelly. It was worded badly," Pete said laying his head next to mine.

"Why did you go do Vegas?" I asked.

"I had to tell her," Pete said putting his hand on my arm and I got goosebumps instantly from his touch.

"Tell her?" I played dumb. I wanted to hear him say what he was about to say. I needed to hear him say it.

"I had to tell her it was over," he almost whispered.

"Over," I whispered back.

"Over because I'm in love with someone else," he said pulling me closer to him.

I had to fight the tears from falling.

"Someone else?" I inquired.

"I'm in love with you," he said kissing my lips with fierce passion.
Sign up to rate and review this story