Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Somebody to love

Alex in Wonderland

by PatbtrthnPete

Patrick is forced to be a bit more social

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-02-28 - Updated: 2010-03-01 - 743 words

?Blocked
At lunch I look for an empty table. No such luck. I only see a few vacant seats, which are surrounded by people. If I attempt to sit in one however, I will either receive a threat, or the people will quickly disappear. I only know, of course, because I’ve been in this situation before. I have to pray that there will be an empty table. If not I have to pray that I don’t get hot Spaghetti dumped on my head… again. I sigh and scan the cafeteria again, hoping desperately that I’ve looked over a table. Of course, I haven’t. I sigh and decide I’d be safer to dump my tray and just go outside. Or maybe to the library. On my way to the trash can, however, I see something in motion out of the corner of my eye. I look over and see that Andy kid, waving me over. Though I don’t want to carry on any conversations, I decide to go, because in truth I’m starving. I also notice, as I near the table in the corner of the cafeteria, that Pete is sitting beside the only empty seat. Tell me he didn’t set this up. I walk over and sit on Pete’s left. He smiles at me politely.

“We meet again.” He grins.

I just nod shyly.

Andy smiles at me “How’s your day been so far?”

I just shrug “Not any worse than usual.”

I look down at my plate a suddenly find the chicken nuggets less and less appetizing. My stomach roars loudly with hunger. A boy with a short curly afro, sitting beside Andy, raises an eyebrow at me. I take a small nibble of one of the nuggets.

“Oh, excuse my rudeness.” Andy grins “Patrick, this is Joe.” He gestures to the boy with the curly fro.
He smiles at me nicely “Hey.”

I nod and give a small wave “You’re in my Bio class right?”

He nods “Yeah Michaels is an ass!”

I smile and nod.

After halfway finishing the food on my tray, I go and dump it.



In Drama, Pete walks in and sits beside me. Andy is seated in front of me. Mrs. Raines begins discussing the play.

“Alright, I was thinking that we could do Alex in Wonderland. Now we need characters like the Cheshire cat, the Mad Hatter, The King and Queen of hearts…” she continues as I zone out.
I would love the part of the Mad Hatter, except I’d rather die than be on a stage. I sigh and decide I may as well sign up for the stage crew. Pete drags me out of my trance.

“So who do you want to be?” he smiles.

“I’ll probably just do stage stuff…”

“Oh, well we’re all doing that! But we have enough Characters for everyone to have a part! Weren’t you listening?”

“Oh… I…” Panic swells up in my throat.

“So everyone sign up for the part you want and we’ll do tryouts later in the week.” Mrs. Raines smiles.

I sigh. Might as well just sign up for it…

Pete, I notice, signed up for Alex.


After class is over, Andy offers me a ride.

“I can ride the bus…” I murmur.

Andy smiles “It’s no problem.”

I shrug “Ok.” Why not?

Andy, Pete, Joe and I sit in the car. Pete and I are in the backseat.

“So Patrick, who’d you sign up for?” Pete asks, again.

“The Mad Hatter.”

He chuckles “You do have a bit of a hat thing, huh?”

I nod.

“So, you wanna hang out later tonight?” Pete asks.

“M-me?”

He nods “Yeah.”

“S-sure…”

“Cool I’ll come get you around 6:30…”

I smile, unable to hide it “Ok…”

Pete is dropped off first, then Joe. Andy politely informs me that I can sit beside him. I move to the passenger seat and out on the seatbelt.

“So… You and Pete have a… ah, date?”

“No, it’s not a date… we’re just hanging out…” I say with an icy tone.

“No reason to get all defensive…”

“I’m not!”

“Ok, calm down!” he pulls into my driveway “I’ll see you later.” He smiles.

“Bye thanks for the ride…”

I walk in and the first thing I see is Kevin, going through my notebook. I ball my fists in anger
Sign up to rate and review this story