Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Only a Doctor

Week One: Interviews.

by chem_x

Dr. J. Leto is a therapist, his duty is to cure the sick. Leonie Duke, 27, is the patient that needs all the help she can get.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2010-09-18 - Updated: 2010-09-18 - 1319 words

?Blocked
Week One: The Interviews.
Rule #2- In a well covered project you must learn, firstly, everything about the subject you are assessing.

Her Mother:
“And how do you feel when you are left alone in a room with her?”
“Sometimes I feel just fine, sometimes she’s perfect, happy, caring, funny, perfect… Though other days I feel scared, isolated; frightened; nervous. She has some very bad days sometimes, she doesn’t even seem to know you.

“Has this been going on long?”
“We thought it was just a teenage phase, but I think it was before that, always there. She always had a look in her eyes, something almost deadly and sinister.”

“Why didn’t you call for help before?”
“We did once, we called in a priest but it was on a good day that he arrived. All that happened was a few cups of tea and a deep talk about the parish… My darling was always an atheist, knew nothing about Christianity, and didn’t care. That day it was like she had written the bible. We decided that we wouldn’t bother after this.”

“How was she growing up?”
“Quiet, awkward, unsocial; she stayed in her room a lot, spoke to hardly anyone. Never got into trouble mind you, a good girl.

“And in school?”
“Her teachers hardly knew she was there, as far as I knew, no friends, no enemies, it was like she didn’t exist to them, her grades were reasonably, always got marked down on speech of course. A good grade in art sometimes.”

Her Father:
“Was she into sports?”
“Nah, she was a scrawny thing, never ate up and grew, never saw ‘er run in ‘er life. Bad threw too, made ‘er play with other kids in the ol’ playground once and she couldn’t throw for ‘er life neither, unfit, not like her big brothers.”

“What do you think is her problem?”
“Bad teaching, kids these days should be punished for the bad things, that girl never got ‘er teachings.”

“Do you ever hit your daughter?”
“Nah, Mags wouldn’t let me teach her, though’ the girl didn’t need to be taught no lessons. ‘Er brothers now, good boys, they took their teachings.”

“You speak a lot about your boys; did you ever favour them in Leonie’s youth?”
“Course, they were good boys, nice, well teached. They made me proud. Look at the mess she’s gotten into now. She never got that from me. My boys did me proud. Look at Marcus- a doctor.”

“Did the boys get along with Leonie?”
“They were like lads, pulled her ‘air sometime. Nothing else, didn’t even look at ‘er sometime. Good lads. They didn’t do no bad to her.”

Marcus: Her Older Brother:
“Was Leonie always slightly different?”
“Ah yes, she was always a shy child, an artist in hiding you could call, her I believe it was when she was five that she drew a most excellent drawing of our cat- mind she drew it being killed but nonetheless, a very good drawing for a young girl, I was, I believe only fourteen at the time.”

“You and Nathan were never mean to her?”
“Never, we got along exceptionally well as a family, we looked out for each other.”

“You’re aware that Nathan went to jail for assaulting her?”
“It was made up by her of course, a childish lie that Nathan paid for, an awful thing to do to someone who cared so much for her.”

“Considering that Leonie is now being counselled, I don’t believe it was a childish lie.”
“Simply an attention seeker.”

Nathan: Her Eldest Brother:
“Was there every any bad air between you and Leonie?”
“No.”

“Were you two close?”
“No.”

“How long has it been since you’ve seen your sister?”
“A while.”

“Would you not go see her?”
“No.”

“Why is that?”
“We didn’t see eye to eye.”

“Could you explain that?”
“She had me sent to prison once.”

“I have the file here explaining… Your parents never mentioned it of course… Abuse it says here?”
“They didn’t know that I fucked her.”

“You’ve done time?”
“Twelve Years, told the parents it was college in America.”

“Do you think this could have caused her problem?”
“She was weird before me, she wanted me to do it anyways, wasn’t my fault she ratted me to the police.”

“You disgust me Nathan.”
“She’s the one under question here. Not me.”

Samantha Dawson: Her Best Friend:
“You’ve known Leonie a long time correct?”
“We grew up together, everyone thought she had no friends but I was there for her. I met her when I was two, when I moved in beside them; we were in school together; she didn’t speak to anyone much there. My parents were like her parents, we all knew she was being hurt, one time my Mum knit her a jumper and her Dad smacked her round for stealing!”

“How would you have described her, then and now?”
“Then? Hm, quiet, polite, nice, shy, she was funny too, I think I was the only one who got to see that though. Now? She’s different everyday. Some days she’s the same girl, some days she’s loud and outgoing, a fabulous person, some days thoughtful, but also, some days she’s dangerous.”

“Why would you say dangerous?”
“It’s like being in a room with a tiger, they don’t care what you are, they just have instincts, it’s hard having her as a best friend Doc, but I’d do anything for her. I know she’d do it for me Doc, I know it.”

“What do you think is wrong with her?”
“There’s something about her that says she’s finding it hard to live. I don’t know really, d’you think she’s suicidal? Maybe depressed, I don’t know Doc, you tell me. You know she was raped and hit? Her Mum looks like the only sane one but I promise Doc, she was as bad as the others, she’s sneaky.”

“She told you about the assault by Nathan?”
“Nathan? It wasn’t just him Doc, Marcus and her Dad too, maybe her Mum got the same abuse like…I was the one you told the police and helped get her an abortion… Do you think that’s why she’s…? Changed?”

“Maybe, finally, you were the one who called me up, could you explain the story behind this?”
“I heard you were the best, she needs someone who can handle her condition. She changes everyday into someone else, it’s beyond borderline personality Doc, it started getting weird last week. Usually she’d know who you are because ‘her friend told her.’ You gotta re-introduce yourself everyday! I’ve been doing it for twenty-five years Doc, everyday! But two days ago, she didn’t know me, I walked into her like I always do and introduced myself but she covered in blood, knife in her hand… Almost… Almost killed m- Almost killed me Doc! My best friend! She needs your help! Oh please make her better Doc. Make her better!”

Conclusion:
Project begins Monday the 28th of June; Patient may be suffering past trauma and serious distress, a face to face confrontation will be needed for treatment and the return of mental health.
No asylum will be contacted, this project will consume minimum of seven weeks operation.
Dr. J. Leto.

Note:: I had a crazy idea for a story and it evolved into this, it'll only be around 8 chapters long but I hope you enjoy it, please Rate and Review, its rated N-17 because of the language, discussion of abuse and other things that younger people don't need to hear. Will be Updated with "Week Two: Introductions." soon. :) ~chem_x
Sign up to rate and review this story