Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stockholm Syndrome

Twelve

by whoah-that

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-09-28 - Updated: 2010-09-29 - 941 words - Complete

?Blocked
By the time Gerard had finished with Paulina’s makeup, she was dreading looking in the mirror. It had taken a good amount of time to apply, and Paulina was afraid that she’d peer into her reflection and see a painted-up doll. She took a deep breath with her eyes closed when Gerard held up the mirror, and let it out in a low whistle when she opened them.

Her eyes were rimmed in black, her lips were dark red, and not much else was noticeable. Her nerves ebbed, a little. She looked so strange. She had never worn make up before.

“There. Not so bad, dear.” Gerard snapped the compact shut, grabbing Paulina’s hand and pulling her up. “Come along. We have places to be.” Paulina began to walk out of the room ahead of him, but was stopped. “Ah-ah-ah,” Gerard cooed, keeping firm hold on the girl’s wrist. He produced from his pocket a deep, blood-red scarf, which he tied around Paulina’s face, before guiding her down the stairs and out the front door.

“Now,” Gerard said, once he had gotten in the car. He revved the engine, making it pace and shoot, surprising Paulina. “It’s going to be a long car-ride, dear, so hold on, and get comfortable.” Paulina held back the urge to snort. Getting comfortable was not an option, certainly not with Gerard so close.

As if to illustrate what was going on in the girl’s mind, Gerard placed his hand lightly on her leg. Paulina jumped, knees crashing underneath the dashboard, a tiny scream issuing from her throat. It had surprised her. She grabbed his hand and pushed it roughly away, biting her lower lip. Gerard persisted, sliding his hand up her exposed thigh, making the girl wince and twitch her leg, begging him in her mind to stop. Finally, he let his hand rest at the edge of her knee, his thumb falling down to graze the top of her shin.

“That’s your problem, Paulina,” he said, as though carrying on a conversation they’d been having. “You’re too skittish.”

“That’s my problem?” Paulina muttered, not loudly enough for Gerard to hear.

“Tell me something, Paulina,” Gerard said after a long while. She thought he was going to continue and tell her what to tell him, but he didn’t.

“Tell me what you want to know.”

“Anything.”

“My name is Paulina James.”

“I know.”

“I’m an only child.”

“I know.”

“I don’t have any friends.”

“I know.”

“I play piano.”

“I know.”

“Well, what don’t you know?” Paulina asked, leaning back against the seat. Her rest was short-lived, however, when Gerard’s hand hooked behind her neck and slammed her head forward, Paulina’s nose and jaw smashing into the dashboard in front of her.

“I’m asking the questions, here, Paulina.” Gerard replaced his hand back on the girl’s leg, this time a little further up on her thigh. The girl lifted a hand to her face, feeling no blood, but a sting in her nose and an ache in her jaw. This was something she just couldn’t seem to get used to. “Did you ever have any friends?”

Paulina was quiet for a moment, biting her lip. There was no point in lying… “Yes,” she said quietly. “Her name was Laura.”

“What happened to Laura?”

“She left me.”

“For what?”

“…The novelty of popularity, I suppose.”

The car suddenly stopped, and Paulina heard Gerard shift in his seat. “Nous sommes ici, mon cher,” Gerard cooed. Paulina didn’t know what that was supposed to mean.

“I don’t speak French.”

“I know. But you will…in time.” What did that mean? Paulina’s head reeled with the effort of trying (and failing) to decode Gerard’s cryptic messages. Paulina sat back in her seat, sighing. “By the way,” Gerard continued, his voice calm and flowing, but not soothing by any means. “I want to make one thing clear to you: if you should utter a word, a single word, Paulina, about what’s going on,” he said, suddenly lowering his voice to barely above a whisper. Paulina strained to listen. “I will grab you by your beautiful black hair, drag you out to a back-alley, and personally carve a new fuck-hole into your chest. Understand?” Paulina gulped audibly, nodding her compliance. “Say it,” Gerard growled, his voice suddenly husky and demanding.

“I understand.” It was more like a whimper than anything, a small puff of breath that formed the words.

“Good,” the man cooed, the silk back in his voice. Unexpectedly, Paulina felt a hand on the back of her neck, and a pair of lips on hers that felt cold and vindictive. The young girl’s stomach twisted in knots at the knowledge of the intimacy that she was sharing with Gerard, and the thought made her wretch. Finally, he pulled away, getting out of the car and crossing around to open the door for his date.


You guys, I am so sorry it's taken so long to update this. I've just been so busy, and I know that's a crappy excuse, but it's true. I've been writing in little bits and pieces here and there over the past three weeks, and it's only just now amounted to anything resembling a chapter in length and content. I know this is too short for the amount of time it took, but hey, at least it's a chapter, right? Okay. Well, go comment, rate, and subscribe, tell me what you think, your fears, your ideas, anything. Thanks. OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story