Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stockholm Syndrome

Thirty

by whoah-that

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-20 - Updated: 2011-05-21 - 2810 words - Complete

?Blocked
“Hey, let me have a bite of your pizza,” Paulina said to Frank, leaning over and setting her chin on his shoulder.

“No, you had yours!” Frank said, trying to keep his food out of her reach. He took another bite quickly and resumed holding the pizza away from Paulina.

“I had one piece!” Paulina laughed, reaching out and trying to get it. He chuckled and kept swinging it out of her reaching zone.

“Is it my fault that in the time it takes you to eat one slice of pizza, I can finish six?” He relented, holding it up to her mouth. Paulina took a big bite and grinned at Frank.

“Yeah, kind of is,” Paulina told him, taking another bite.

“Hey, I am a growing boy. I need nutrition. My metabolism and all that.” He patted his stomach, taking another bite of pizza.

Paulina laughed. “Oh, please. You’re an adult, Frank. You’re done growing.” She scooted closer and tipped her head to the side, letting it rest on Frank’s shoulder tentatively, wondering what he’d do. He shifted. Paulina held her breath. Instead of pushing her away, he slipped his arm around her shoulder and let his hand slide up and down her arm absently.

“How do you know?” he asked, not even taking notice of the fact that they were in a very intimate position. “I might be twelve, for all you know.”

“Hardly,” Paulina said, relaxing and rolling her eyes. “People who know you believe that you have a steady relationship with me; you’re obviously an adult.”

“You’ve got me there, my dear,” Frank answered. The carbs were obviously helping him sober up, and he was almost back to normal, if not still a bit more loosely-laced than his typical self. He continued stroking her arm while they watched the cartoons on the screen.

“Frank…” Paulina said quietly, her stomach twisting in knots. She had reservations, but…she felt like she had to.

“Yes?” He turned his head and offered a small, content smile. Paulina bit her lower lip for a moment before leaning up and pressing her mouth into Frank’s. At first, he was unresponsive, and Paulina’s stomach fell. She wondered if this wasn’t the stupidest thing she’d ever done.

After a moment, though, Frank wrapped his arms around Paulina’s waist tightly, opening his mouth and freeing both their tongues to explore. He slid his hands down, down, down, until he hit the hem of the shirt that hung on Paulina’s tiny frame. He slid his palms beneath the shirt, running them up and down her thighs and curves.

“We shouldn’t do this here,” Frank murmured, pulling away while Paulina laid tiny kisses on his jaw.

“Why not?” she asked, freezing. This was rejection all over again. First all the kids, then Laura, now Frank…Paulina just couldn’t find anyone to--

“Because there’s a bed in the other room,” he chuckled, picking up and carrying her to the bedroom he spoke of. Paulina smiled into his shoulder and wrapped her legs around his lower torso. Frank lay her gently on the bed before joining her.

It was elation as Paulina felt Frank kissing her, his hands on her body, his heart racing through his chest. This was a new feeling. Strange, foreign…almost unreal. This seemed like something she wasn’t supposed to do, but it felt so perfect. The dark twist almost made it better. After a few minutes like this, Frank placed a last kiss on her lips and pulled away, dragging a finger down her cheek.

“Let me just look at you,” he said softly, a smile tickling his lips. Paulina tried to bite back a smirk, but couldn’t. She reached up and pushed Frank’s hair out of his eyes so she could see the green flecks in the light hazel color. He sighed and pressed his lips to her forehead. “I love--” He stopped and looked at Paulina, his gaze less elated, more sobered up. He sat back and ran his own fingers through his hair, as though trying to push away the lingering touch of Paulina’s hand.

“What?” Paulina sat up as well, drawing her knees instinctively into her chest and wrapping her arms around her shins.

“This--this is not how this is supposed to happen,” Frank said, biting his lip. His tongue wandered to the empty pierced-hole, still vacant from Paulina removing the hoop earlier.

“How what’s supposed to happen? Frank, I don’t understand.”

“Paulina, this isn’t real. You’re only feeling this way because I told you that you’re supposed to.” Frank shook his head and stared down at his lap, which was now only clad in boxers and the hem of his wife-beater.

“Feeling what way?” Paulina tried to run her hand through her hair, but only managed to brush over her short-cropped cut, frustrating her even further.

“Feeling like you love me. It’s the power of suggestion. I tell you what’s supposed to happen, and now all of a sudden, it’s happening.” Frank looked at her like she was an idiot, and it made Paulina feel angry and guilty simultaneously. And who had even said anything about love, anyway? Truthfully, she’d forgotten about what Frank had told her on the plane about the experiment. Now that she remembered, however, she felt foolish, like she’d fallen for some cleverly-woven ruse. She drew even further away from the man on the bed with her.

“I don’t do anything I don’t want to,” Paulina told him, narrowing her eyes sourly. Frank barked out a bitter laugh.

“You’re joking, right? You’ve been doing everything you don’t want to do for six months, Paulina. Who are you trying to kid? You’re like putty in my hands: I tell you how you’re supposed to feel, and you jump at it.”

“Oh, go to Hell, Frank.” Paulina crossed her arms and shook her head disbelievingly. “You did not tell me anything. You explained to me what your stupid little game was, that’s all. To be honest, I’d forgotten about that completely.” Now that she remembered it, however, Paulina felt a bit ill. Why did she all of a sudden have feelings for Frank? Had she felt it all along, and his explanation of the experiment had just given her permission to act on those feelings? Or was Frank right, and she was just obeying another order from one of her captors? Or, simpler yet, maybe she was just a masochist.

“You don’t just forget something like that, Paulina.” Frank rolled his eyes.

“Don’t even, Frank. God, I don’t know what I was thinking. I like you better when you’re drunk off your ass.” She stood and walked to the door, stopping and turning to glare at Frank again.

“Don’t go there, Paulina,” Frank muttered, his voice dropping to a dangerously low volume.

“Maybe you should just become an alcoholic like your mother,” she said.

“Paulina, I’m warning you,” Frank stood, fists clenched, and began to advance on the smaller girl. She, however, stood her ground and gritted her teeth, wondering if she’d regret this. She waltzed out the door and into the living room, swaying exaggeratedly and waving her hand in the air, holding an invisible wine glass.

“’Honey, it’s always cocktail hour somewhere!’” Paulina mocked. Frank had followed her out, and she could hear him trying to steady his breathing and keep his temper. Good. She hoped he was fuming.

“Paulina, I’ll give you one last chance to--” Frank’s teeth we clenched painfully tight, and a vein was pulsing in his neck.

“Or maybe someday, you’ll emotionally abuse your children, and you can be just like Daddy!” Paulina spun around to face Frank, willing him to hit her, to attack her, to do anything. He stalked up to her, grabbing her shoulders painfully tightly, squeezing her flesh between his palms.

“You shut your God damn mouth, you hear me?” he hissed. He shook her when she refused to answer. “You know fucking nothing. You are a possession. A plaything.”

“A plaything that you love!” Paulina spat, her eyes narrow slits in her face. She willed the tears that she felt welling up out of anger and hurt not to fall and show weakness.

“I don’t love you! You’re a fool if you mistake lust for love”

“Is that a fact?” The question earned Paulina a smack in the face. Her cheek burned, but still, she did not cry. “I remember you coming very close to saying you loved me, Frank. You said it soft, and sweet, and sincere. I know you were telling the truth, Frank. You love me, and I don’t love you.”

“I don’t need to love you, slut! I own you. You belong to me. I don’t need to love you to have my way with you. If I so desired, I could throw you on this couch right now and fuck you, and there wouldn’t be a fucking thing you could do about it.”

“Oh, please. If that were true, you would have done that in the first place.”

“You’re revolting. I wouldn’t touch you with a ten-foot pole.”

“Certainly not ten feet, but I felt some kind of pole when you were feeling me up in that bedroom just now!” Paulina wanted to spit. She wanted to step on his foot, and slap him, and push him, and kiss him. Yes, she still wanted to kiss him. At the same time, she wanted to hurt him.

She shoved Frank to the floor with all her might, and he fell, but he was too quick for her next move. He caught her arms and rolled, pinning the small girl beneath him. Her wrists were clenched tightly in his hands and he pushed them down into her chest to restrain her.

“Ah, ah, ah, not so fast, sweetheart,” he hissed, emphasizing the last word venomously. “Naughty little tiger. Play nicely.” Paulina spat at him, raising her knee and thrusting it into Frank’s thigh. It caught him by surprise enough that Paulina was able to roll out from under him and make a crawling dash for the coffee table, where the heavy remote sat. Her fingers scrambled for it, and she chucked it at her assailant. It caught him in the cheek, giving Paulina time to stand and run to the kitchen. “Bitch!” Frank yelled, his footsteps approaching quickly behind her.

Paulina searched through the cabinets, throwing open doors so hard they nearly snapped off their hinges. She found a bottle of wine, holding it by the neck and smashing the bottom half on the side of the counter, creating jagged spears of glass. She spun and brandished the makeshift weapon. Frank was already in the kitchen, frozen, hesitant, but…amused?

“Come on now, baby,” he said patronizingly. He took tentative steps through the spilt wine that had puddled on the floor. He advanced slowly, determined. “Put down the bottle. I won’t hurt you.”

“Yes. You fucking will. You have. Get away from me!” Paulina screamed, stumbling behind until her back hit the counter. Frank chuckled.

“Baby, don’t do this. You know I love you.” His voice was smooth as silk. He didn’t speak; he purred. Every aspect of him was enticing, inviting, calming. Paulina’s hand was shaking, but she didn’t loosen her grip on the bottle.

“Stay back,” she murmured, making another swipe from her spot by the sink. Frank took another small step forward, small, calming smile floating on his face.

“But honey,” he cooed. “I need you. You know I need you. I just want to hold you. Your lips are so soft, Paulina. Baby, sweetie, my honey.” Paulina didn’t even notice that her arm had lowered, her grip on the bottle neck falling to her side, but not letting go.

Frank took another step, and another, until he stood directly in front of Paulina. He took one hand and slid it beneath her jaw, tipping her head up so that he could catch her lips with his in a kiss. His palm rested warmly on her face, cradling it gently. His other hand fell on her shoulder, sliding up and down her arm smoothly. Paulina wrapped one arm around Frank’s waist, letting her free hand rest on the small of his back, the other still hanging limply by her side. Frank’s hand dipped down to Paulina’s wrist, his thumb resting on the vein, where Paulina could feel her pulse beating gently against Frank’s finger. Swiftly and suddenly, Frank grabbed the bottle-top and chucked it in the sink. Before Paulina could register what had happened, he picked her up and slung her over his shoulder like a rag doll, carrying her out of the kitchen.

“Frank!” Paulina gasped, slapping his back. “You fuck! You bastard! You tricked me!”

“You allowed yourself to be tricked,” he answered happily. “You’re so easily-manipulated, Paulina.”

“You know, Frank, you’re a real asshole when you’re sober.” Paulina was carried back into the bedroom and thrown down on the bed.

“Tsk, tsk,” he clucked, examining her figure on the bed. He grabbed the front of his shirt and yanked it off Paulina, tossing it on the floor. “Such harsh words from such a delicate little thing. You might want to be careful whom you use that tone with. Delicate dolls get broken easily.” He traced a finger down her bare stomach. Paulina quivered beneath his touch.

“Don’t,” she muttered, trying to squirm away.

“Maybe I’ll still give you what you wanted, Paulina,” Frank said softly, looking down at the girl, a thoughtful look on his face. “I didn’t lie when I told you how beautiful you are…” Paulina continued to flinch at his touch, but said nothing, and made no attempt to push him away. Tears rolled down her cheeks, as she had been unable to suppress them any longer. Frank’s face softened and he withdrew his own hand. “My God,” he said quietly. “I’m so…” He used the pad of his thumb to wipe away a new tear on Paulina’s cheek.

“Frank, please,” she said, grabbing his wrist with one hand and intertwining the fingers of the other with Frank’s. She didn’t quite know what she was asking for, but whatever it was, she wanted it very badly.

“Oh, Paulina,” he said. His slid his palm along the side of her face for just a moment before pulling away and backing towards the door. “I’m so sorry.” With that, he walked out, shutting and locking the bedroom door behind him.

“Frank,” Paulina said, beginning to panic. It was dark. The door was locked. Where was he going? What was he doing? “Frank!” She needed him to come back. If for nothing else, than just to hold her tightly, so she knew that nothing would hurt her while she slept. She needed his safety. “Frank!” She got up and tugged at the door, but the lock was secure, and her attempts proved futile. “Please!” She begged. She pleaded. She collapsed at the base of the door, tears beginning to stream down her face once more. “Please!”

After a few minutes, Paulina got up from the floor and returned to the bed, curling up in the middle and pulling the covers tightly around herself. Just before drifting into a fitful sleep, she could have sworn she’d heard a soft, “I have to,” from the other side of the door.



Wow. Another super-long chapter. I guess I'm getting pretty fond of those now, but you guys said you like long chapters, so no complaining. Anyway, this got done relatively quickly. Considering the length, and the fact that it usually takes me about a month to update, I'd say this was super-speedy. So...what do you think? Pretty much the entire last half of the chapter was really emotional for me to write, but I don't know if I conveyed the powerful emotions in my mind effectively through my writing, so I'm kind of worried about that. OH, by the way, I just saw MyChem live on Tuesday. It was both awesome and awful. It's too much to go into here, but if you want to read about my exciting escapades, you can read my Tumblr post about it "here":http://insertsarcasticremarkhere.tumblr.com/post/5625518008/my-chemical-romance-at-revolution-in-ft-lauderdale-fl. Anyway...yeah. That's all for now. Stay tuned for another update, probably soon. 'Til then, OverAndOutxx

PS: Obviously, go rate/review/subscribe.
Sign up to rate and review this story