Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Things Happen Sometimes

Things Happen Sometimes

by KeepItUgly34

*SEQUAL TO "WHAT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN* It has been 7 years since Edith Lynn moved to Canada. It has been a harsh journey trying to forget her past love, Gerard Way. She's confused of how she f...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 2740 words

?Blocked
Chapter 1. Seven Years

I awoke to a smell of rich coffee brewing at seven o' clock in the morning. It was a rich smell of vanilla with cinnamon. It was so strong I could almost taste it. I can honestly say that's what dragged me out of bed this morning or else I would have slept till noon and miss my morning routine: go eat breakfast somewhere in town with Carlos and then head to the studio. "So busy" I think mockingly. 
"good morning." I say as I pass Carlos, who was mixing his coffee with sugar. 
"morning." he said so coldly. 
I slumped down on the couch and almost went back to sleep if it wasn't for Carlos' ass on my stomach. 
"ow! Watch where you sit fat ass."
"don't hate just cause you ain't got none."
"please, I got plenty." I say getting up and making my way to the shower. 
---
"Eddie, you've been in there for 10,000 years. Get out already!"
"I'm not you Carlos. I'm almost out." I closed the faucet and stepped out to a cold restroom getting a glimpse of my naked body. 
"if you were to see me now mom, You'd think I've been starving and never have let me come to Canada." I say out loud to myself. My body has changed a lot over the past few years. You can say my body has gotten thinner. Not to the point where I look anorexic but compared to when I was 16, I'm smaller. I have a thinner waist and smaller thighs and chest. All this non stop ballet has given me an actual ballet body. Just not so skinny looking like others. I'm glad I still have my curves. 
My "Lynn" greek tattoo isn't the only artwork I have now. I have a ballerina dancing with flowers on my right hip. A peacock feather glimming with sparkles behind my right ear and a lace on my right thigh. 
And the most special one so far is on the inside of my wrists. I got it done about 6 months after I moved her. 
you'll always have on my left wrist
a place in my heart on my right wrist with the initials G.W
How can I possibly forget that phrase?
I can't have too much or a big tattoo(which I want) because I'm a ballerina and it's "indecent" for ballerina's according to Mr. Turner. 
My hair is a lot shorter too. My long hair grew old so I decided to cut it into a pixie haircut about 7 months ago and dyed it dark brown. Now it has grown to just right above my shoulders and I dyed it back to a blue black. My bangs are no longer scene. I have also grown old of them. They are long side swept bangs. 
"c'mon Edith."
"okay okay, I'm going."
---
"where do you want to eat today?" Carlos asks as we walk down one of the busy sidewalks of the city I've been living in since I was 19. When I moved out of my dad's house. It's a busy city every Saturday morning. 
"I feel like eating French toast. You?"
"sounds good to me. Want to go down to IHop?" 
"sure. It's always great to go to IHop for French toast."

We walked down just a few blocks and went to our nearest IHop. We got attended, escorted to our seats, and plopped down and ordered a fresh meal of French toast with berries and whip cream, orange juice on the side and french fries early in the morning. My idea. 
Boy, I remember the bad habit of eating junk every morning that stuck to me because of Frank. I miss that midget with all my gut. 
"so Carlos, I have something to tell you." I say sipping some orange juice. 
"what is it?" 
"so you know how I've gotten obsessed with contemporary dance ever since our performance when we were 17 right?"
"of course I know that, you've been volunteering in any workshop that has to do with contemporary dance ever since. No matter if it's on the other side of town."
I giggle a little, "true. Well, Mr. Turner mentioned to me about their contemporary company in New York."
Carlos dropped his fork and looked up at me with wide eyes. 
"are you seriously going to leave me here and go back there?"
"well..."
"Edith, I thought we were going to grow old together as best friends and feed each other when we're old! Remember? Forever alone pact?" 
Carlos hasn't been "forever alone" but he thinks he'll eventually end up alone for some weird reason. He says he hasn't found his true love. Which is true, he keeps having one-night stands. Oh Carlos...
I in the other hand, haven't really liked anyone. Ever since.. Well.. You know.. 
I've had a couple dates here and there but none compare...
"Carlos, you'll end up married. Don't worry."
"but no one seems to love me."
"well, you don't settle with a girl very often. Your longest relationship has been 6 months with Stacy and what happened with her?"
"I don't want to talk about it.."
"exactly. But, just be careful okay Carlos? Please support my decision. And besides, I'm not actually sure if I'm leaving."
"well I just hope you don't."
"thanks for your support my friend." I say sarcastically picking up my fork and continue to eat again. 

Today in the studio, since we are no longer working on a piece, we are having a variety of master classes. The last piece we did was Sleeping Beauty and it was an amazing show. I wasn't sleeping beauty though, I was the evil witch. Which was still an amazing part. 
"okay, you guys can choose from the different master classes you will have today. In studio 1-A, there is a pointe master class with the famous pointe ballerina Katherine Levantí. Studio 1-C, contemporary styles with artistic director Harold Carson of our company coming from New York, American Vision Contemporary Dance!" she paused for a second as the dancers applauded- I applauded. 
"Modern with Mao Chang in studio 1-D. He came all the way from China so I'm pretty sure he's got good things in store for you. And lastly, Jazz lyrical movement with Californian dancer Sandy Burnlock. So have fun you guys!" Mrs. Hunter, our co-artistic director announced. As soon as she was done, she left the room as well as us the dancers and we went to our chosen master class.  
"don't tell me, you're going to the contemporary class." Carlos said shoving me lightly. 
"what do you expect, for me to go to the pointe one?"
"well that is what you do in this company. You dance on pointe."
"I've been doing that since I was 16. It's been what, six, seven years? It's time for a change." 
"oh whatever."
"you're following me anyway."
"yeah." he chuckles

We walked in and found this guy in about his early 30's stretching. He was quite handsome. He has short blonde hair that was long enough for you to pass your fingers through. He's pretty slim and muscular you can say. Has blue eyes and what caught my attention--other than his great looks--was his perfectly formed jaw line.
"hello everybody, some of you might know me, maybe not but I am the artistic directed of the American Vision Contemporary Dance Co. Wow, what a mouthful, he chuckled, "my name is Harold but you can call me Harry, hair, whatever."
"hello Harry." the dancers say--including I. 
"good morning. So let's get started by rolling the head to the right.."
---
So class ended about two hours later and let me tell you, I'm sweating a river as I walk towards Harry to greet him. 
"thank you so much Harry, it was a pleasure having this class."
"pleasure is mine. May I ask what's your name?"
"oh, I'm Edith Lynn, I work for this company and have come out in a lot of pieces."
"ahh, did you come out in their last performance, Sleeping Beauty?"
"yeah I did, I was the evil witch."
"right. I remember you. You have amazing technique by the way."
"thank you. So I was wondering.. is AV contemporary hosting any open auditions anytime soon?"
"um, yeah actually. I'm glad you asked. It's in two weeks from now."
"two weeks?"
"yeah is there something wrong?"
"it's just that.. Well, I wanted to audition but.. I can't settle everything in two weeks and fly over to New York. I'm sorry but maybe next time. It was great having you by the way."
I started to walk away but he called me back in. 
"wait, wait, hold on. Well, I watched you today and have seen your performances and I think we can reach an agreement since you can't make it."
"what do you mean?"
"well, I think you have amazing technique, you're an amazing dancer, you're beautiful and, you work for this company. So tell you what, you can have a place in my company if you go on a date with me."
did he just ask me this..
"excuse me?" he starts to chuckle before answering. 
"I'm just kidding. But I think your beautiful. You can have a place in my company. We just need to have arrangements with Mr. Turner but, I'd also like to have a date with you."
Well aren't I flattered. 
"um, well.. I'm not sure what to say.."
"you can say yes." he starts to laugh again. 
"you're a funny guy" I add also giggling. 
"so what do you say?" 
"um, I'm still not sure. Can I let you know another time?" 
"sure. I'll be here all week."
"Kay, thanks for the class once again."
"my pleasure." I start to make my way out of the room. Before I walk out, I turn around to smile at him goodbye. He smiled too and added a wink. 

Outside I found Carlos, once again, flirting with some other chick. 
"hey, I have to go but nice talking to you Emily."
"bye Carlos." she had a flirty smile on as he waved her goodbye. 
"and then you say you'll be forever alone." I add. 
"I will."
"pfft." we walk down the hall into the showers and then after we're both finished, we meet up in the parking lot. 

"what were you talking about with Harry that took you so long?" Carlos asked as he started the car. 
I have known Carlos for so long that I am comfortable telling him anything. We moved in together when we were 19. People confuse us to be a couple at times but once they find out we're just really good friends, they suggest or "predict" we will soon get together. I don't think so. 
"can you believe he asked me to go on a date with him?"
Carlos stopped harshly at a red light. 
"what?!"
"crazy right?"
"how?"
"well I went up to him and greeted him and said thank you. Then I also asked if his company will have any auditions anytime soon. He answered yes and they were going to be in two weeks. I told him I didn't have enough time to arrange stuff here in two weeks so I told him next time. Then he complimented my work and called me beautiful and said he's watched me dance before so I wouldn't need an audition. We'd just have to talk about it with Mr. Turner than he asked me out on a date."
"just like that?"
"just like that."
"and what did you say?"
"I told him I'd tell him another time and he said he was going to be here all week."
"c'mon Edith! You should have said yes!"
"what! Why?! I barely know the guy."
"but c'mon, it's about time you've had a date. Forget that low-life Gerard! He's the past! He wasn't good enough anyway!"
His name struct me like lightning. As much as I love Carlos and vice versa, he's taken it too far and I just want to slap him in the face. I just look at him and unlock my door and step out. 
"Edith I'm sorry! I didn't mean that!" he yelled as I walked away. He'll never fully understand that that wound can still easily open with a light touch. 
I walk down the street and stop by a Starbucks to get tea and then a taxi. As I stood in line to order, someone tapped my shoulder
"what a pleasant surprise." I hear this person say behind me. It was Harry. 
"oh hey, what a coincidence." 
"want to sit down with me?"
"sure. Let me just order." 
 
We sit down at a far table near the window and start to have small talk. 
"what are you doing here?" he asked me. 
"well, I kinda got mad at my friend and walked out on him and made my way to Starbucks. You?"
"just grabbed a cup of coffee before heading to my hotel. Tell me Edith, how old are you?"
"22. You?"
"29." he says hesitantly observing my face expression.
"you're quite young for an artistic director."
"I am. Glad to have this job though. It's so much fun."
"I can tell." 
Without his dancing cloths, he does look younger. He's wearing a white tee with denim skinny jeans and combat boots. Pretty awkward if you ask me. I dont know why it's awkward though. Maybe cause I didn't expect this. 

For about half hour, I laughed at Harry's jokes. He's pretty funny. He has a cute smile as well. His eyes pierce into yours when he looks at you. They are a deep blue. I have not laid eyes on any guy for the past years. No one that keeps me interested like him. 
"want a ride home Edith?" he asks as we walk out of Starbucks. 
"yeah. That'd be nice." it actually would be because first, I like spending time with him and secondly, I don't have to pay a taxi to get home. 

"it was nice spending time with you Edith."
"pleasure is mine." I stepped one foot out of the car when he grabbed my arm. 
"have you thought about the date?"
"I thought this was the date.."
"oh c'mon... Really?"
"gotcha!" I giggled. 
"I'll have to get you back on that one. So what do you say?"
"Monday. Be here by 7pm." 
"alright. I'll be here." he smiled genuinely. 
"I'll be waiting." I smiled before stepping out as he winked at me once more. I shut the door and waved goodbye as he turned the corner. 
When I stepped inside my apartment, I found Carlos sitting on the couch, face in palms with a glass of wine on the coffee table. 
I walked right by him without saying something. I walk in my room, closing the door behind me and lay on my bed face up.
Moments later, I heard my door open. Carlos came in and sat at the end of the bed. 
"look, I should have watched what I said. I didn't think it would have hurt you that much since its been so long. I promise you nothing like this will happen again." I finally look up at him and find him sitting looking at the ground. I got off my bed and stood in front of him embracing him.
"it's okay. I forgive you but just know that, it's still a fresh wound. I know it's been so long but, I can't stop thinking about what happened. He left me like nothing." I start to sob. He gets up and holds me in his arms as I cry in his chest. 
It has been so long. Seven years. I would think I would have been maybe over it by now but I just can't. Specially since I still talk to his brother, Mikey. I just saw him for Christmas. He's a full grown man still with the dorky glasses. We had such a good time but, he looks a lot like.. HIM which was hard not to picture him. It just kind of punctured the wound more. 
Seven years and I can't seem to forget Gerard Way. 


So.. What'd you think? I hope you like it because I know I did. Please, porfavor, Rate & Review .. It'll make me the happiest person alive!!! 
Anyway, I will be updating every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so stay tuned!! Thank you!! XoxoxGee
Sign up to rate and review this story