Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Death

1- Dangerous Desires

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX

“When you have no reason to live, what are you supposed to live for?" (I was asked for a Ryan Ross fic. Here it is. It's a sad one folks.)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-23 - Updated: 2012-08-28 - 486 words

?Blocked
Death.

It’s cold; unnerving. It digs deep down, below our bones. It cracks our skin, pouring poison in to our veins and it travels quickly to our heart. It takes and it takes but it does not give.

Solace? What a word. It is nothing other than a word. We throw the word in to the faces of those that are grieving. Then we search. We search for solace in alcohol, in pain- in anything that can make the pain of grief seem just a little smaller than it really is. We seek to overpower what has overpowered us, draining us so indefinitely that we feel we’ll never truly live again.

Words. They are all just words. What is pain without the meaning? What is death without the tears? What is blood without the sight?

They are just words and they cut so deeply.

It doesn’t matter if it’s heart failure or suicide. It could hold a reason but what reason really holds its weight against death? The truth of the matter is death is everywhere. It’s the future we all set up for ourselves as we take our first breath. It’s our tragic ending; the one we all hope to escape but never will.

Death holds power that living could never compare to. Death holds a finality that life has never given us. It’s the last; where in life we always celebrate our firsts.



The cold night air tore through my lungs, leaving me gasping- the only word cutting through the silence in my mind was /death/. It was what brought me here. There is no strength in death, it all lies in living. I’d been told a million times that things would be okay. I was tired of listening to the same old lines.

Life is for the living.

What’s meant to be will be.

It was her time.

A strangled sob broke through the silence, stretching over the lake in front of me, the fog rising from the cold, calm water.

My favorite line?

She’s in a better place now.

If it’s such a wonderful place then why couldn’t I go too? Why did people tell me I had to continue living? If it was such a damn good place then why didn’t everyone else want to be there?

Because they didn’t know.

You can’t know something about a place you’ve never been.

You can speculate.

So I would shove away their speculation and apologies.

They all just wanted to save me.

They were worried.

I understood that but…

You couldn’t save someone who was already dead.



The needle dropped from my hand, landing on the ground with a final thud that echoed through my mind.

Wet eyelashes fluttered as the sun washed over the surrounding area.

I was dead.

I just hadn’t died yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story