Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Eroninja

Return to Wave: Haku

by TheLemonSage

Naruto is given a scroll containing the secrets of making women fall for him, a scroll he uses at first on the women around him but soon on the shinobi world as a whole, giving birth to the Ero-ninja

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Kurenai - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2013-02-28 - 26081 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine and thus I'm not making any money off of it. Also this story is a lemon fiction therefore is intended for people of a legal age from wherever they come from

Chapter 21: Return to Wave: Haku

She was alone, bathed in darkness while confined in a coffin and had been like that for what to her had been an untold period of time. It had been horrible at first, and if she was truly conscious of it still she would likely have gone mad. However, the mind is truly an amazing thing and to prevent her descent into madness it had shut down her awareness and like a tape stuck in an endless loop it simply replayed the memories leading up to her current state of being over and over again. Currently in her perpetual dream she was reliving the part where the man she had trusted with her life had discarded her as an unnecessary tool to be locked away until such a time where he may have use for her again.

The past nearly four years ago:

Frightened beyond belief, she had just experienced a sensation that had made her feel as if her very soul was being taken over. She didn’t remember how she ended up in the small box she was in since the last thing she remembered was being defeated by the lazy looking shadow user. Furthermore it felt as if her body was surrounded by dirt, almost like she was at the center of a clay doll of some sort since it didn’t seem to be loose but packed around her.

Trying to remain calm she began to go over what she could puzzle out of the past few moments. She had awoken to the feeling as if the box she was in was moving. It had felt almost like riding an elevator as it seemed to slowly rise up. It was also accompanied by the sensation that it was in the process of teleporting since wherever it had been at first had been deathly silent but as it began to move it had sound like she had suddenly appeared somewhere where a great battle was taking place. Since her village had been preparing to invade Konohagakure, she assumed that she had been asleep since her loss in the preliminary match of the Chunin Exam. Wondering if she was being summoned as some sort of surprise reinforcement, she wondered what Orochimaru had hoped to gain by making it a surprise to even her. However that was when the feeling as if her soul was being subsumed by some other person began to overwhelm her. Luckily though it ended as the sensation of her box going upwards was replaced with that of it descending as if someone was suppressing the summons. The sounds of battle suddenly cutoff, making her believe that whatever portal she had passed through had shut leaving her back at where she had been summoned from.

She was left alone with nothing for company but the darkness and silence until a pained yell of, “Ahh, goddamn him. My arms, he’s taken my jutsu from me.” She recognized the voice instantly since it belonged to the man she had sworn to give her life for.

“So it would seem,” the calm voice of Kabuto said, and although loyal he still sounded smug even when addressing his master’s defeat. “To think the Third was still able to fight at such a level despite his advanced years. And that he would even manage to find a way to defeat the Edo Tensei”

“Damn him,” Orochimaru hissed his words sounding like they were coming from gritted teeth.

Hearing footsteps approaching the box she was in, she prayed it was to let her out. However, even though the lid was pulled away no sunlight reached her as the dirt that coated her completely, “It’s a shame he managed to suppress you summoning this one. I don’t think he would have done as well fighting his beloved wife as he did the Hokage”

“Ahhh,” Orochimaru yelled the pain in his dead arms flaring before saying, “Who knows. But if the Fourth used that jutsu against the Kyuubi then we probably now know why we couldn’t resurrect him using Edo Tensei.”

The lid to her box was put back into place as Kabuto moved to aid his master but she could still hear him say, “So what should we do with the coffin? I doubt Biwako Sarutobi will be of much use in the future.”

“Have one of the Sound Four carry it off to a nearby base. We can always use the sacrifice inside to resurrect someone else. The jutsu should keep her in a state of suspended animation. It’ll be interesting to see if she’s still alive in a few years.”

“Indeed,” Kabuto said leading Orochimaru away, “I suppose we’ll need to transfer your soul into a new vessel.”

“Yes, but I’ll be counting on you to help me push it off for as long as possible if it’s unavoidable. But we may be able to regain the use of my arms without taking such drastic steps yet.”

“Really how?”

“We’ll be looking up an old friend of mine Kabuto. I’m sure she’ll jump at the chance to be reunited with her loved ones.”

The Present

She didn’t know how long it had been anymore days, months, years, or even decades. As that was where her dream ended to begin all over again with her receiving word from Orochimaru himself that he had a special task for her and her team. One he considered to be of paramount importance. She didn’t know why the founder of the Sound Village would consider the death of Sasuke Uchiha to be such an earth shaking event. But there had been nothing she wouldn’t have done for Orochimaru and supposed her current hell was probably something she deserved as a result.

*****************************

“How do I look?” Koyuki Kazahana asked her bodyguard and fellow Harem member Fubuki Kakuyoku as she approached the meeting room where the delegates of several countries were waiting on her. She was decked out in the pink robes and wide brimmed hat that she often needed to wear during the official functions of her station in life.

“Stunning,” Fubuki replied before adding, “Although with all the clothes you’re wearing it’s difficult to say.”

“It was the clothes I was talking about,” Koyuki said gracing her companion with an amused smile.

“I don’t know if I should say,” Fubuki said looking away trying to hide her own smile, “It might encourage you to wear them more often. But if you must know they suit you perfectly.”

“Thank you,” Koyuki said her blush being hidden by the make-up she wore. Entering a part of the hall where palace guards were stationed, Fubuki made a subtle shift to begin following behind her so as to present the air of a subordinate and not a woman that shared her lover as well as her bed when he was preoccupied. Truthfully, Koyuki didn’t know how his other lovers got by without pairing off as Fubuki and she had done. Granted, Koyuki had been bisexual to begin with, but she supposed it was also due to the others having greater access to Naruto as well. Sadly, having the busy schedule of a head of state as well as one of the most popular actresses in all the Elemental countries tended to cut into her opportunities with the popular blond. She had a plan to rectify that situation but disappointedly it had suffered a slight setback when she had rejected the latest script for her next Princess Gale movie. But she wasn’t going to sign on to a movie that was obviously being rushed to capitalize on the popularity of the last. No when she performed in front of the camera next as Princess Gale it would only be if it lived up to the high standards she had for it.

She didn’t doubt they would be met though not with Tayuya as her manager. The former Sound kunoichi was currently scouting out shooting locations for the film. Koyuki was impressed with some of the pictures that the red-head had sent to her and the Spring Country ruler knew that the studio had been as well. But Koyuki also was aware there were ulterior motives to the woman’s actions since most of the sites were in countries along The Land of Earth’s western border. Tayuya figured it would be the best way to sneak into the country since the border had changed recently as Earth Country had annexed several of its neighbors along that border. Iwa hadn’t invaded per se but it was believed that its shinobi had been behind the recent unrest and bad luck that had led to the toppling of several Daimyo as well as the quick acceptance of the new status quo by others so they could cling to power as regional governors. It was a practice Earth Country had begun several years previous with one of the first countries to succumb to its larger neighbor being the Land of Noodles. But Tayuya figured that due to Earth Country’s relatively new western border that Iwa wouldn’t know how best to defend it just yet. Koyuki figured she’s probably make her attempt sometime after she finished scouting her current location.

Reaching the door behind which delegates eagerly awaited her decision on who Spring would trade with and in what amounts, she took a steadying breath before nodding to one of the guards standing at attention near it. The man pulled it open as another announced her presence to the room. Stepping in she smiled politely before heading to her dais where she knelt on satin pillows as the delegates mirrored her actions on the floor in front of her. Sensing Fubuki taking up a guard position behind her, Koyuki appreciated the gesture but as her gaze passed over two of the delegates she doubted her bodyguard would be able to protect her if they wanted to cause trouble.

The first was an elder councilor of Suna named Joseki. In truth she had been surprised when the man had taken over the negations for the minor bureaucrat that had been assigned to them. Mainly since one thing Suna did possess in abundance was oil. Why a man of his stature would so fiercely bid for Suna to take most if not all of the excess supply Spring produced when it had so much of its own she hadn’t understood at first. But now she believed that he was simply hoping to deny the other countries from gaining access to it. On one hand, she could understand his concern considering they shared a border as well as a bloody history with Iwa, who appeared to be expanding and also were desperate for the resources of Spring. But on the other he seemed just as willing to deny Konoha as well which she found distasteful considering his village and Naruto’s were allies.

Letting her gaze travel past the councilor on its way to the second person she knew to be skilled and dangerous she paused on the diplomat from Iwa for a moment. Although the man was a shinobi by definition, he was nowhere near as skilled as many of the ones present having entered into the diplomatic arm of Iwa’s shinobi program. Much as she would suspect from the diplomatic wing of such a militant village he wasn’t very skilled at being an ambassador either, having insulted her as well as several of the other guests present over the past few days. If Iwagakure wasn’t already on such lousy terms with its fellow villages, she suspected the fool they had sent would have caused considerable damage.

But Iwa did do itself one service by sending him in that Koyuki no longer believed that Iwa had been behind Nadare’s being healed and subsequent plot against her. She had of course been informed that the one that had done the actual healing had been a Konoha kunoichi named Rin. But the kunoichi had gone missing and was presumed dead after a disastrous mission that had involved a group of shinobi from the Land of Woods called the Prajñâ. They had once been that country’s elite Anbu group, but when it had shut down its shinobi village they had gone mercenary. That wasn’t to say they were without skill or were completely immoral as they were a very tight knit group loyal to one another. But they tended to work for anyone with the cash to pay them. However, shortly after Rin’s supposed death the Prajñâ had in turn been wiped out, although from time to time whispers of a small band of them still being active have been heard.

The theory that Tsunade had put forth and Koyuki had supported was that Iwa had hired them. Whether to specifically target Rin or had simply been hired to interfere with the mission she and Kakashi had been assigned only to end up capturing her, Tsunade hadn’t been sure. But at some point the kunoichi may have been turned to work as an agent for Iwa. The reason for the Hokage’s belief that they were behind the plot in Spring though was that it was a tactic that Iwa had been using of late to destabilize a country in order to take it over with a minimal of fuss. While Spring didn’t share a border with Iwa, that didn’t mean they weren’t interested in its resources. Koyuki knew they were too, but due to Spring’s close ties with Konoha, it must have known they stood little chance. Therefore they had sent such an unskilled diplomat not wanting to waste one of their few good ones on a lost endeavor. To Koyuki that also meant they weren’t responsible for trying to depose her. She was aware that it could be that Iwa was simply cutting its losses since its scheme had failed. But to Koyuki that just didn’t seem likely especially since the man had tried so hard to secure a small percentage of Spring’s exports if in a rather clumsily way.

Moving on to probably the most dangerous of the people gathered her gaze settled on Danzou and she resisted the desire to shiver as the man knelt before her dais by himself except for the two Anbu standing behind him. Although the fact that he brought Anbu into the meeting was an insult to her as the host since it inferred he doubted her ability to secure her home. She knew it was also a subtle message to the other diplomats of Konoha’s military might. Danzou no doubt was measuring the chances of her being insulted against the fact that if not for Konoha she wouldn’t even have a throne. Truthfully, Koyuki was surprised the elder even made an appearance since the diplomat he was taking over for had believed considering her history with the Leaf Village the resources her country were going to begin exporting were already as good as theirs. It made her believe the man had ulterior motives for coming, but she knew that his leaving the village had also allowed Kyuubi to put her plan into motion since with him so far away Akame would be operating on his own and much more likely to act as the Bijuu expected.

Smiling at the assembled delegates she said, “Thank you all for coming as well as your patience with waiting for our investigation into the rebellion to be over before we resumed discussing with whom Spring would open new trade relations with. While the investigation sadly bore no conclusive conclusions, I’ve decided to move forward regardless. To that end I’ve decided that Spring will take a rather open approach to our trade relations from now on. That meaning we’ll be open to trading with all countries that are willing too.”

Naturally those present were stunned especially the Iwa ambassador who could now report to his superiors his success. She was careful to gage both Danzou and Joseki’s responses and was surprised that neither seemed terribly upset. Still Danzou made an effort to need some clarification on her decision saying, “That seems a rather strange choice considering what your country has just endured, your majesty.”

“To some it may seem that way,” Koyuki replied, “However due to Spring’s distance from the other Elemental Countries we have no enemies.”

“That you are aware of,” Danzou replied calmly, “Still I doubt Nadare was acting alone. His healing would seem to suggest he had outside help. Perhaps if you would be willing to hand over the body Konoha could help in your investigation.”

“I appreciate the offer. But I fear that avenue has already been closed since his body has been destroyed. Truthfully I wish to consider the matter closed and if he did have help from one of the countries present here today that they realize that it wasn’t their scheming that got them what they wanted. But, Spring’s desire to continue to get along with its fellow countries and that it will hopefully set a standard others will choose to follow.”

Standing Danzou said, “A rather naïve stance to take if you ask me. Especially when you consider that by supplying some here with your countries resources it will embolden them to continue their aggressive expansion.”

Koyuki frowned but nodded in recognition to his point. That Iwa would probably continue its growth now did weigh on her conscious. But she also knew that by excluding Earth Country it would foster hostility between her country and it. Not to mention if Naruto’s dream was going to come about it would need people with connections to Iwa, something her trading with them would give her. Regardless she knew the bet had been made now and all that remained to be seen was if there was a payoff sometime down the road.



Nibi continued running as she avoided a senbon that impacted a tree she had just ducked behind as she kept ahead of the Anbu chasing her. “Dammit you don’t need to lead them on such a long chase,” Nanabi said angrily in part to Nibi’s enjoying herself as well as to the Bijuu’s current situation of being sealed inside her. Taking a moment to recall how she had become a temporary jinchuriki the human Bijuu took to the trees since it would make those chasing her less likely to throw weapons since they wanted her alive.

She then remembered as Kyuubi said talking to the two Bijuu present in Fu’s seal as her recollection of the event began, “Basically my goal is to get a person on the inside of the prison. For that I need the two of you.”

“Why?” Nibi had asked confused, “If you are aware this prison poses a risk, why not simply level it?”

“Because doing so will alert this Danzou to the fact that Konoha is on to him and Root,” Yugito had explained to her Bijuu.

“Exactly,” Naruto had said, “Danzou’s been at this for years. The goal here is to tie him to this scheme and for that we need to gather evidence. If we just level the prison we handle the immediate problem but leave the larger one intact.”

“Forget their reasons,” Nanabi had growled, “How is it you intend to free us from these accursed seals.”

“I’ve studied your seal, Nanabi,” Kyuubi had answered, “I’ll be able to open it, but in order to leave Fu unharmed you need to leave your original form behind.”

“What! Don’t be absurd,” The insect Bijuu had replied, “Why would I do that? If I do that then this human’s…”

“Power would in time match yours. Yes I know. However the only way you gain your freedom is if she remains unharmed. Do not worry; your own power will grow back as well. When Naruto freed me he allowed me four of my tails currently my strength has increased to six. Not to mention the added bonus.”

“Added bonus,” Nibi asked tilting her head showing her inquisitiveness about the matter.

“Yes,” Kyuubi replied holding her hand out and a small fire had appeared in it, “As you know we Bijuu have never had an elemental nature to our chakra before. When I took possession of this body I was surprised to learn it had an affinity to fire as well as having picked up one to Wind due to my time in Naruto. With those two combined I suppose Hellfire is an adequate way to describe the element born from those two combined”

Kyuubi let the fire die down leaving Nibi a little excited at the prospect since she had long been fascinated by human’s ability to use certain elements especially after being sealed in Yugito who had such a strong affinity to fire that when she’d let Nibi take over it would be as a fiery cat.

As Nibi had pondered what it would be like Nanabi asked, “Say I agree, what is to keep me from simply taking off once I have my new form.”

Kyuubi smiled as if expecting the question saying, “Simple, even after your Will is implanted within the new body it will be with certain conditions.”

“Conditions,” Nibi said not liking the sound of that since she didn’t want to become a slave to her fellow Bijuu’s will.

However the cat Bijuu was surprised as Kyuubi said, “Don’t worry Nibi you won’t be saddled with them.”

“What!!!” Nanabi roared from behind its seal causing the humans to step back as it appeared as if the Bijuu would charge the plastic case its seal took the form of. “What makes her so special?”

“She has already agreed to help her host and by extension Naruto and I’m positive she’ll go along with what I have planned. You on the other hand are simply in this for yourself. While I can understand that that you would even ask how I would make you go through with my plan proves I need certain safeguards in place.”

Nanabi sighed calming before saying, “And those would be?”

“You’ll be implanted into a new body but your Bijuu chakra will be sealed unless you end up in a situation where you need it to defend yourself. Plus should you bail on my plan, I’ll activate a safeguard which will cause your Will to be removed from the body.”

“You can do that?” Kushina asked shocked, “I thought your transference was permanent?”

“It is,” Kyuubi replied, “But Nanbi’s will not be at least until it completes its mission.” Turning her attention to the Bijuu she added, “At that point I’ll remove the final barrier and you will be completely merged with your new form.” Nanabi nodded its head. It looked like it was about to agree but Kyuubi added, “There is something else both of you should know before you agree though.”

“What’s now,” Nanabi said annoyed considering it had just about to agree despite the conditions.

“Both the First Hokage and Madara were able to control us due to the unstable energies we possessed as a result of how we came into being. But that instability was also why after the death of our hosts we could reform. If you make this change and become like me should you die that’s it.”

“You mean…”

“Yes, you will no longer reform after several years since you will no longer be composed of chakra anymore. Now a tradeoff is you will never be sealed away again either, but it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth the risk.”

Nibi didn’t need time to think since to experience life outside the seal again was a dream come true for the Bijuu so she quickly agreed. A few moments later Nanabi agreed as well. With her fellow Bijuu agreeing to help Kyuubi had then explained how they would need to leave their original forms behind as well as splitting off several of their tails. Naturally for Nibi the process had been easy with Yugito and her taking one each. For Nanabi the process was many times more difficult since at first the Bijuu had demanded six of its tails be transferred to the new body. Even though Fu would eventually enjoy the benefits of the full seven tails, Kyuubi felt leaving her with only one would be a poor choice considering when Akatsuki did make a move against Konoha it would be with close to all its might. Therefore what followed was a long negotiation between Kyuubi and Nanabi. Although Nanabi did eventually agree to take three for the transfer, Nibi suspected it was due in part to Naruto. When the male jinchuriki had needed to get back to his teammates who were heading to Wave with him, the boy had graced each of the women present save his mother and her with a kiss often shared between lovers. After he had disappeared from the seal taking Kushina with him, Nanabi had finally agreed to a similar split to what Kyuubi had. It left Nibi with the impression that Nanabi hadn’t been as unaffected by the feelings Naruto had bathed Fu with as it had let on.

Nanabi had then attempted to create a human form, but it had ended in failure since it was generally agreed that a pincher mouth and compound eyes weren’t sexy in the least. Before it could try again Kyuubi directed Nanabi to instead create a smaller form about the size of a real rhinoceros beetle. Nibi still remembered fighting back laughing when the smaller Nanabi with three wings that represented its tails had emerged from the larger one’s mouth and asked, “Now what,” in a high squeaky voice that had sounded like it had been mixed with helium.

Kyuubi managed to maintain her composure although Nibi had detected a small smile threaten to appear. However knowing it would no doubt delay the procedure further should Nanabi become aware of their amusement kept her focus on the matter at hand. Holding her hands out a small bug case appeared between them. Kyuubi was prepared as Nanabi recoiled at the sight of it so putting it on the ground and opening it said, “You can inspect the seal I’ll use before committing to entering it.” Stepping back the seal appeared on the front of the cage so Nanabi skittered closer and began reading it through the plastic of its original seal.

While Nanabi was occupied Kyuubi approached Nibi and the other saying, “Fu, once Nanabi has vacated you, I’ll break the seal. It’ll probably be best to do that at the Training Field behind the privacy barrier. I’ll do the same for you Yugito once you have a private moment in Kumo.”

“Why, is it dangerous?” Yugito asked.

“No, but I’m not sure what we can expect and you two did enough damage to my home already,” Kyuubi replied making both women blush due to their embarrassment.

“Alright, I agree,” Nanabi said directing everyone’s attention to it. Kyuubi nodded and reaching into the sleeve of her kimono pulled out a scroll. Open her pulling it open Nibi could see the outline of two hands as well as a blank spot in the center around which the seal formula was written. Kyuubi wrote down the number three and handing it to Fu informed the jinchuriki to place it over the seal Nanabi was behind. Fu did as instructed and then put her hands in the outlines. A moment later a black void appeared behind the shrunken Bijuu which sucked it up as a smaller one appeared in the case Kyuubi had created to deposit it.

“Excellent,” Kyuubi said picking the case up, “Now I’ll store you inside myself for a moment.” As she said that she pushed the cage into her stomach and it turned into chakra and was absorbed by the Bijuu. “Okay now let’s return to the real world and get started.”

Nibi wasn’t sure what happened after that but imagined, Fu, Kyuubi, and Yugito had awoken in bed to find Naruto had somehow maneuvered himself from between the three of them without disturbing their conference. By then she had returned to her own seal and followed Kyuubi’s instruction absorbing one of the tails of her original form while awaiting Yugito. The woman appeared several moments holding a scroll similar to the one Fu had used. Yugito smiled at her saying, “It won’t be the same without you.”

“I feel the same,” Nibi said, “But thank you for this.”

Unrolling the scroll Yugito placed it over the stone carving behind which Nibi had been sealed for so long as the blonde said, “No problem. I know we made things nice for you, but a cage is still a cage. By the way, Kyuubi said you had a true name as well. Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

Nibi shrugged before saying, “It didn’t really seem to matter. You knew me as Nibi and that was good enough. I didn’t consider it some secret as Nanabi does, but it was something that bothered me before you became my host since none of my previous ones had ever bothered to consider the possibility.”

“I didn’t really either,” Yugito said ashamed.

“I know, but you did get to know me as something other than a source of power. After that, names didn’t seem to matter” Nibi said with a smile.

“Would you mind telling me?”

Nibi shook her head as Yugito pressed her hands into the outlines of the scroll. As the singularity appeared behind her the two-tailed cat said just before disappearing, “It’s Yoruichi.” Nibi awoke to find herself laying on the large table of Kyuubi’s dining room. “What a rush,” she said as she sat up. Looking down at her hands she saw that they were white and directing her attention to a window could see the reflection of the assassin Kyuubi had described. Having grown attached to the form she created she began to make her body change to resemble it.

However as her skin began to darken she felt a hand slap her upside the back of the head as Kyuubi said, “Enough of that.”

As Nibi’s color paled again, she said, “Ouch, what’s the big idea?”

“I need you to continue looking like that until after your part in my plan is over.”

Nibi scowled but nodded and turning on the table noticed Yugito lying unconscious on the opposite end. “Yugito!”

“Is fine,” Kyuubi said waving Nibi to follow her. “She is simply a little worn out from the transfer. It was easier on Fu since it was done inside the seal. Speaking of which, Fu will you be as kind as to take her to a room to rest?”

Fu nodded so following after Kyuubi, Nibi asked, “So what exactly is my part in this plan of yours?”

“First, you’re going to get captured,” Kyuubi replied as she led the woman towards the assassins gear that she had removed after preparing the body.

“And then?”

“You’re going to die.”

Nibi was forced from the trees by an exploding kunai landing in front of her putting her recollection on hold. Landing on the ground an Anbu appeared behind her forcing her to duck beneath his kick as she spun lashing out with one of her own. Sweeping his leg from beneath him, she rolled away back to her feet. She caught another Anbu’s punch and wrenched his shoulder free of its socket. The man yelled in pain as she kicked him away. Nibi knew one of the Anbu chasing her were loyal to Naruto but of the group of four she had run into two had been males and two female.

“Stay back,” one of the women said as she pulled her sword, “see to Lizard.”

The two nodded moving towards their teammate to help him to his feet. The cat masked Anbu charged so Nibi pulled the kama her body had used in life and parried the sword swipe. Locking weapons against each other, Nibi figured this was the woman Kyuubi had meant was supposed to deliver her to the prison. Nibi could also tell the woman was upset at Nibi’s injuring one of her men. As the two faced off against each other, Nibi was surprised at just how hard she needed to work to prevent Yuugao from scoring any debilitating blows. Although she chalked some of it up to her just becoming human she knew that unless she resorted to her Bijuu chakra the match would most likely go to Yuugao. While that was part of the plan Nibi did have her pride and didn’t want to go down easily. So intent on preventing that as she was that she was caught off guard by Yuugao suddenly pulling back after scoring a kick to her midsection as the Anbu shouted, “Now!”

A moment later two senbon impacted against her neck causing Nibi to almost instantly lose consciousness. But as she collapsed to the ground she still was able to hear Nanabi as the Bijuu sealed inside her said, “You deserved that you know.”

*****************************

“Can you two stop acting all lovey-dovey?” Tenten said annoyed from behind Sakura and Naruto. Sakura who had been walking with her arm wrapped around Naruto’s turned to look at the young woman and was about to retort. But with a sigh let go and began walking side by side with her lover.

Sakura wondered what had gone wrong as Tenten who had slept the whole night through to morning after her time with Naruto had awoken surprised to see a smiling Sakura lying next to her in bed. Naruto had been taking a shower to prepare for the day. As Sakura had expected she had been more than a little confused and fearful that Sakura would be angry since Tenten had known of her feelings. But, after assuring her that she wasn’t and explaining they should wait for Naruto the two had settled into silence with Tenten sitting naked beneath the covers. From there things had gone decidedly badly as Tenten had been furious upon hearing Naruto’s explanation of how she was bound to him now. As she put it, “I might have been up for a little fun. But did you really think I’d be cool with ending up as part of fucking Harem.” When Naruto had explained his belief that she had upon agreeing to, “being his,” she had shot back saying, “I just thought that was pillow talk. I mean who really thinks when a guy says be mine like that he means it’s a lifetime contract?” Standing while using the blanket as a barrier to shield her nakedness, she had grabbed up the shorts and shirt they had removed as she slept and seeing the hole Naruto had cut the night before was no longer as accepting as she had been in the throes of her lust said, “I’m going to take a shower. Bring me some clothes from my room and I want to be covered from head to toe around you so they better be conservative.” She had marched into the bathroom of Naruto’s room while Sakura had gone to get Tenten’s clothes figuring she didn’t want him rifling through her bag with her undergarments. Sakura had placed them outside the bathroom door and when Tenten had opened it had only done so enough to stick her arm through to grab them. After dressing she had told them she considered going back to the village but would see the mission through. As the three had traveled Tenten seemed to drag her feet hoping to annoy them, but it seemed she in turn had been the one annoyed by their indifference and openly showing affection to each other now that their relationship had been revealed to her.

Therefore as Naruto and Sakura passed up a dumpling stand Tenten stopped saying abruptly, “I want some dumplings.” She then turned on her heel walking to one of the benches outside before sitting down. Sighing, Sakura followed as did Naruto and after placing and receiving their orders proceeded to eat in silence. Tenten surprised them by suddenly saying to the jinchuriki, “Let me ask you something.” When Naruto nodded she asked, “I know I’m bound to you and you plan to take more lovers to expand your influence. But what if I want to fool around with someone? Hmmm, let’s say Sasuke…”

“Tenten,” Sakura interrupted angrily.

“What?” she replied her voice just as heated, “It’s only fair, right? I mean last night was…,” blushing in a mixture of anger and embarrassment as she realized she was about to compliment the blond she focused on the anger continuing, “It doesn’t matter what last night was. I want to know if I’m allowed to fool around as I please. You were very clear you could make me do anything you wanted so you can probably just make me love you if that’s a problem.”

“I wouldn’t do that,” Naruto replied, “To answer your question if that’s what you want then it’s fine.”

Arching an eyebrow, Tenten said a little surprise bleeding into her voice, “Really? You’d be okay with that?”

“I wouldn’t exactly say okay,” Naruto replied honestly, “Maybe it’s something ingrained in a man’s DNA and I know it’s hypocritical, but I can’t say the thought exactly makes me happy. However, you are right and if it makes you happy I’ll deal with it. The same goes for you S…”

“I don’t need that Naruto,” Sakura said quickly and placed her hand over his, “I’m yours and only yours.” Tenten scowled at that and was about to say something but the pink-haired kunoichi said, “Naruto would you mind getting me some more dumplings?”

“Sure.”

Sakura waited until she and Tenten were alone as Naruto moved to fulfill her request before rounding on her fellow kunoichi saying, “What the hell was that?”

“A fair question,” Tenten responded calmly a little pleased she had managed to get a rise out of one of the two, “Why should we all fall into line as he goes about sleeping with whoever he chooses? You might want to be some submissive woman but I don’t.”

“Fine,” Sakura replied struggling to keep from yelling but heatedly whispered, “But you didn’t need to mention Sasuke just to hurt him. That was cruel.” Tenten’s face softened a little but it hardened as Sakura added, “Besides the person you should be pissed at, is you.”

“Me? What makes you say that? I didn’t set out to seduce anyone.”

“Perhaps not, but you did end up trying to seduce Naruto now didn’t you. Or did you just wear those clothes for their fashion sense.”

“I-I…”

“Plus let’s not forget you chose to sleep with a man you knew that at the very least I was interested in.”

“You didn’t announce you had a claim on him,” Tenten retorted, “Besides what do you care you’ve shared him with half the village probably. I know at the very least it’s been all the girls he’s dated recently.”

“You can’t use information you are now privy to in order to defend your choice,” Sakura said calming, “You didn’t know that so chose to sleep with him despite knowing of my feelings. So maybe it was personal hmm? Maybe your problem is with me then?”

Tenten looked away before saying, “Look let’s just drop it okay. We’ll sort this out later… but maybe a little part of the reason I’m so upset is because I did like the idea that he found me attractive seemed to elevate me over you.”

“Why?”

Sighing Tenten said, “I guess because whenever people talk about you now they say you’re Tsunade’s successor. It’s always been my dream to be thought of as a kunoichi in the same regards as her and truthfully it rubs me the wrong way you seemed to have achieved it considering when I first met you it seemed that all you appeared interested in doing was popping out baby Uchiha.” Sakura didn’t take offense since she knew it was a fair assessment of her dreams as a genin. Now that Tenten had admitted it out loud she seemed to calm adding, “I guess it’s also because once again I failed to live up to Tsunade’s image since she’d never be seduced so easily. You know you’ll have to wait until she steps down as Hokage to move forward with your goal. Naruto will never succeed in seducing her.”

Sakura remained silent deciding to keep the information that he already had to herself. She didn’t know if Tenten would come around or not, but felt not revealing anymore about his network of lovers was probably for the best. However she did say, “Never say never, it isn’t common knowledge but the only reason Tsunade returned to the village to become Hokage was because of him.”

“What…really?”

Nodding Sakura said, “Yeah, she told me the story during training one day.” Looking over her shoulder to see Naruto coming with a plate of dumplings Sakura quickly said, “Promise me you’ll take it easy on him and I’ll tell you it.”

“Fine, but I’m not sleeping with him again.”

“That’s alright, it just leaves more loving for me,” Sakura replied before turning to her lover and sweetly saying, “Thank you, Naruto.” Naruto smiled and sitting seemed a little surprised that Tenten didn’t seemed inclined to pick up their conversation from where it had ended.

Tenten was fine with that since she didn’t know if she could keep her promise if pushed right now so begrudgingly took some of the dumplings Sakura offered her. Turning away from the couple as Sakura began to feed them to their lover, she let her mind wander to just what it was Naruto had done for her idol and why Tsunade had needed convincing to return in the first place.

****************************

Komachi stood at attention behind Danzou in one of the many parks that dotted Spring’s capital. Although she was focused on her surroundings, she was also wondering what Danzou was waiting for as he sat at an outdoor Shogi board this park featured and was where many elderly people and those interested in the game gathered to enjoy Spring’s current temperate climate. The Konoha elder had sent her partner Towa out that morning with a message, but when he had reported his success he had given no indication of whom he had been sent to deliver it too. Danzou had then informed the male Anbu to set about making preparations for their return to the village before ordering her to follow as they left their expensive hotel room. Komachi knew better than to question her master not because he would reprimand her but because she was a tool in his ambitions nothing more. She was of no more value than the pawns on the board Danzou had set up while waiting for whomever he had invited out to meet him.

It was a philosophy that had been ingrained in her since she had been adopted from the orphanage by what she had thought would be loving Anbu parents, but instead had turned out to be Root members who had promptly turned her over to Project: Seed. Project: Seed was what all the children in Root went through before becoming full members upon passing the final test. There they were paired off with another child and were taught survival depended on working together. Naturally, being put in such strenuous life or death situations tended to form bonds between those paired together despite the seemingly contradicting instructions they received that emotions were to be abandoned. As she grew older being fed these two different philosophies she eventually came to view her nameless female partner as a sister a sentiment that had been shared. That was until the final test where she had been forced to decide between Root and the bond with her partner. As one would suspect there had never truly been a choice as at the heart of both philosophies she had been taught was that everything was to be sacrificed for the benefit of Root and if Danzou demanded a life or death struggle with the one person that she had come to cherish then so be it. As a result Komachi had felt whatever vestiges of emotion she had die as she knelt before Danzou to receive her mask while still drenched in her partner’s blood. From there she had enrolled in the academy with the people who had adopted her pretending to be loving parents as she pretended to be a loving daughter. She had passed near the top of her class needing to hold back a great deal and after a few years in the normal shinobi program had applied and been accepted into Anbu. She knew it was a story similar to most of those who were Root members. There were a few whose differed mainly those who belonged to some of the clan families of the village since they had to be approached differently as Clans tended to take care of their own. As a result, some of those Root members were incline to come from fairly prominent families within the clans such as Fu Yamanaka and his partner Torune Aburame.

Still alert despite her reminiscing over the past, she noticed Joseki entering the park and knew he wasn’t there by coincidence considering the long running and bitter feud between Danzou and him. Although rumors weren’t common place in Root, she had heard that Danzou had been the one that had killed Joseki’s wife in an attempt to assassinate the then general of Suna’s forces. It had in turn been Joseki who had damaged Danzou’s eye during a counter assassination attempt the man had ordered in retaliation. Then years later had claimed the arm in another.

Despite having a feeling the Suna councilor was who Danzou was waiting for she still went on guard but forced herself to relax as Danzou wordlessly ordered her to by raising his hand up. Joseki scowled at the man as he approached them and said, “Still afraid to travel without your attack dogs I see.”

Instead of letting his ire rise at the barb Danzou held his hand towards the empty seat saying, “There is no need for insults. Our history is long and bitter, and we’ve both taken something of value from one another.”

“You took my wife,” Joseki snapped angrily.

“And in turn you took my shinobi career for the most part;” Danzou replied calmly, “Still your wife’s death was tragic only in the fact that it prevented you from dying. She did her duty as your wife as I was as a Konoha-nin. My actions against you were from my respect of your abilities. Although to be honest your rage at me is ultimately what allowed Root to defeat you at the battle of Hell’s Canyon. You did outnumber us two to one, so you could say my attempt did neutralize you in a sense. Just not in the way I expected. In any case I’ve long wished to play a game of Shogi against you. Therefore would you mind indulging me?”

Joseki took the offered seat and going first moved a piece on the board. As Danzou countered the move the Suna councilor said, “I doubt you invited me out here merely to play shogi.”

“That is accurate. In truth, I invited you here to make a proposition of alliance between us.”

Joseki paused in moving his piece glaring at the man across from him saying, “You can’t be serious.”

“I am,” Danzou said then changing the subject asked, “Do you know why I’ve always enjoyed shogi?”

“It sharpens your skill as a tactician,” Joseki replied with a shrug.

“It does, but it’s when playing against an opponent that I find it is most useful. Tell me, what does the king represent to you?”

“I’m not sure I understand what you mean. It’s the piece that must be defended less the game ends.”

“True, but what does it represent. I’ve played against the Third Hokage numerous times and can tell you what he believed it to be.”

Nodding in respect at the move Danzou made which had countered the threat of one of his knights Joseki asked, “And what would that be?”

“The unborn and future generations of the village. He saw the village as something to protect in order to provide a stable environment for them to grow. On the surface a rather noble belief but I believe I don’t need to go into too much detail with you as to why his philosophy was flawed.”

Abandoning his current strategy since it appeared Danzou was also using a similar one, Joseki said, “Indulge me.”

“Very well,” Danzou replied with a tight smile seeing Joseki was changing his game plan and followed suit. “We both know that peace is merely the time villages use to prepare for war. Kumo has been rather up front about this as has Iwa, despite their underhanded methods. Still even when Konoha has been the target of such plots by these two and sometimes by those it calls allies. It swallows its pride in order to ensure peace. This was no better shown then when Sarutobi instead of leading us in all-out war against Kumo for its plot against the Hyuuga, instead agreed to that foolish plan to replace Hiashi with his brother. It was a way of thinking Tsunade also showed when she didn’t strike back against Iwa when they sent that jounin against us with a battalion of genin after your and Orochimaru’s invasion. On the surface it appears that we are taking the high moral ground, but instead we are only prolonging the inevitable while sacrificing our pieces all to ensure that the peace lasts just a little longer.”

“What’s your point,” joseki said with a scowl as he was once again forced to change his game in order to counter Danzou’s changing his.

“My point is that you and I see the king as the same thing. That being it represents the village with the other pieces being the shinobi. These pieces ultimate goal is to overwhelm and eventually crush the other villages until only one remains. Despite the friendly terms our villages are currently on, we both know that can change overnight. It all depends on who is currently in control of the king.”

“I believe I’m beginning to understand. You haven’t abandoned your goal of being the Hokage then.”

“Only with me as the Hokage will Konoha finally reach its destiny as the last shinobi village left standing when the game finally does end.”

“It sounds to me like you expect me to help you achieve this dream of yours. But I see no profit in doing that.”

“Really, even if it will give you what it is you dream of most.”

“Don’t think you know me just from playing a silly game.”

“I know you from years of playing the game against you over the course of decades. We just used people then instead of wooden pieces,” Danzou replied with a smug smile. “At times I’ve won and there are others when you have. For example, who do you think it was that eliminated the Prajñâ group just as you secured their services exclusively? I believe you used the kunoichi they provided you with quite effectively over the years. I even believe you used her to heal Nadare.”

“How…?”

“The leader of the Prajñâ was quite talkative before he died,” Danzou informed the stunned elder. “As to how I learned it was you behind Nadare’s sudden resurgence well as I said you and I think the same way. It was a rather clever strategy to attempt to install Nadare as the ruler of this country. By using an approach similar to what Iwa has been using lately nobody would think twice when he began supplying them with this country’s resources. Bolstered with its new found wealth, Iwa would eventually strike at one of the two villages it has the most enmity with that being Konoha or your own village of Suna.”

“You make it sound like I wanted my home to be attacked.”

Danzou moved a piece on the board saying, “We are both old men and find our time to settle matters left on this earth are growing shorter. You wish Iwa to pay for the death of your son and because you know someday they will attack you rather it is on your terms not theirs. This is how we believe it is best to defend our villages not by pushing a false peace but by destroying all who oppose us. One day in the future that philosophy will have you and me at each other’s throats again. Better we bring about the day when we can settle things our way then to let this peace continue and allow another generation to do it for us.

Seeing the game was destined to end in a draw Joseki stood saying, “You’ve given me much to think on. Perhaps we can enjoy another game in the future.”

Hearing the double meaning in the Suna elder’s words Danzou said, “I’d like that.”





*****************************

“Stay here. I’ll take the prisoner inside,” Yuugao said to her fellow Anbu as the drawbridge of the prison began to lower. Once it settled into place she gave Nibi whose hands were tied behind her back a rough push saying, “Get moving.”

Once they were out of earshot, Nibi said, “You don’t need to be so rough.”

“You have no idea how rough I can be,” Yuugao snapped annoyed, “You dislocated one of my men’s shoulder.”

“Well yeah,” Nibi said calmly, “I’m supposed to be an assassin trying to escape from a group of Anbu. You seriously can’t expect me to pass up a chance to injure one of your men when he presents me with such an easy opportunity too. Besides now you have all the more reason to leave me here while you return to Konoha.”

Yuugao scowled behind her mask since the Bijuu did have a point and truthfully some of her men had been hurt worse during training but still she was protective of them. It was a reason why knowing that some of them were loyal to Danzou left a rather deep wound. Focusing on the matter at hand though she said, “Are you sure you’ll be alright? I can’t imagine that it’ll be long after we leave that he’ll strike at you.”

“I should be fine,” Nibi replied, “I can heal most any wound my body sustains. I imagine it would take my head being cut off for it to truly kill me which is why Nanabi and I are best suited for this.”

Yuugao didn’t do anything as overt as nod, but she gave the arm she was holding a reassuring squeeze. She also resisted the urge to shake her head in wonder at the fact that she was talking to a Bijuu who was going to infiltrate a prison all for the sake of a man she was currently involved with and who would likely become involved with him as well.

As they reached the end of the bridge the massive doors to the prison began to open allowing them to enter the prison courtyard. Standing just inside of it waiting for them was Iwana Akame, the head warden and suspected Danzou lapdog. Dressed in the standard dress of a chunin despite being promoted to jounin upon being made warden he gave off the air of a man who still viewed himself as a soldier despite his civilian posting. In his mid-thirties, his left eye was covered by an eyepatch which covered an injury sustained from a small brush-up in hostilities between Konoha and Rain years before Naruto had even entered the academy. His demeanor appearing grim as well as annoyed with the surprise arrival of Konoha’s head Anbu captain the man asked, “What brings you here today Captain? I wasn’t aware of any prisoner transfers.”

“I know,” Yuugao replied briskly not liking that the man obviously was expecting her to explain herself to him. However knowing it was important that Akame knew who it was she was dropping off she said, “This I believe is a suspected assassin that is believed to have attacked a prominent civilian of the village. I’d take her back to Konoha, but she injured one of my men and due to how close we were I figured it would be easier to store her here then to carry her back to the village. I’m sure Ibiki will be extremely eager to learn how she entered the village.”

“I can only imagine,” the warden replied calmly despite the sudden glee Yuugao imagined he was feeling at his good fortune. Turning to one of his subordinates a slightly older man of stocky build and spikey brown hair he ordered, “Take the prisoner inside to one of the prison cells Bekko.” As the man began to lead Nibi away he turned to Yuugao saying, “I’m afraid we’re rather overcrowded at the moment, she’ll have to share a cell until you collect her.”

“Can’t you make some sort of special arrangement for her? I’d rather she be left alone.”

“I could, but you know that might draw more attention to her then you wish. Better she is treated as a normal prisoner until your return.”

“Very well,” Yuugao said although her tone made it clear she wasn’t pleased. Guessing that the attack would likely come from the person Nibi was going to share a cell with. Yuugao then turned to leave knowing that arguing further may put Akame on guard since she should have no reason to suspect the warden was plotting something if she had simply decided to drop in out of the blue. Stepping out of the courtyard to return to her men she wished the Bijuu luck as the heavy doors shut behind her.

*****************************

Nibi was surprised at just how vulnerable she felt to be lead through the prison to what she knew was supposed to be her death. The guard had taken her to a holding area where two female chunin had stripped her of her clothes before delousing her and sticking her under a shower. The two women had then performed a very thorough search of her for weapons and seals that could contain them. One of the women had given the beetle tattoo on her back a thorough going over before turning her over to Bekko after it failed to respond to her tests. Guessing the women had never encountered a seal as complicated as the beetle designed one that was storing Nanbi’s Will she wasn’t surprised that they also missed the invisible one that Kyuubi had planted on the inside of her thigh. Nibi still felt tingles since it had been placed after enjoying a kiss from her fellow Bijuu which had featured lots of tongue as well as had passed Nanabi’s will between them. She had been disappointed that things had ended there but she knew Kyuubi expected Naruto to be her first true experience with pleasure.

Still she felt defenseless with the prison seal on her which was denying her access to her chakra. That disappeared though as Kyuubi’s seal suddenly flared into life rendering it useless and allowed her chakra to become usable again. The guard holding her felt her stiffen and reading it wrongly said, “Getting a sense of what awaits you. Sorry but this is the end of the line for you.”

Opening a cell door he pushed her in roughly after freeing her hands and saying, “You two play nice now you hear,” slammed the heavy door shut behind her

“How many times do I have to tell you Konoha bastards not to fucking tell me what to do?”

Turning to face her cellmate Nibi found herself face to face with a beautiful brown-haired woman who also had matching brown eyes. She was dressed in the same light blue prison uniform as her with “Ik-876,” written across the shirt over her right breast. She smiled at Nibi rather friendly although her smile didn’t mask the cruelty in her eyes, “Hey those bastards give you a rough time,” she paused as she looked at the number written on Nibi’s shirt before saying what was written there, “MN-473. I see so you‘re a missing-nin and you haven’t talked or they haven’t learned your home of origin yet. I didn’t talk either but they knew I was an Iwa Kunoichi since I led some genin against them right after the Sound-Sand Invasion. But I had the shitty luck of running into a team of scouts. I got beat by a shitty old man who claimed to be a genin and a punk blond haired kid.” Standing she held out her hand saying, “Anyway my name is,” when Nibi grabbed it her friendly demeanor changed to cruel as a shiv appeared in her other hand and pulling her towards her she jammed it into Nibi’s stomach finishing her sentence as she did it, “none of your fucking business.”

The pain Nibi felt was unimaginable since such things were foreign to her as even being hit by a jutsu from a Kage tended to barely faze her in her original body. Needless to say the fire spreading from her wound through her body caught her by surprise. “Why?” she asked through gritted teeth.

“Because I’ve told those fucking Leaf bastards this cell is mine and I refuse to share it. I don’t know why they decide to test my resolve on that matter from time to time. You’d figure they’d learn after the first time I’ve gutted some bitch.”

Nibi understood then that the kunoichi wasn’t a part of whatever scheme was being developed inside the prison. Instead they were using the woman’s own cruel nature to their advantage and could easily turn her over with Konoha none the wiser. Figuring this was as good as she could expect she grabbed the woman while using her chakra to stem the blood leaking from her wound and sealed her lips to her attacker’s. She felt the Seal that contained Nanabi’s spirit grow hot as it glowed and turned into chakra which passed into the woman she was kissing. She grunted in pain as the Iwa kunoichi pushed her away pulling the shiv free as she wiped at her mouth saying, “I’ve met some kinky dyke bitches in this joint but none who’ve tried to make out with a woman in the middle of stabbing them.”

The Iwa kunoichi was closing with her to finish Nibi off when suddenly a red glow appeared illuminating the inside of her shirt. Pulling it open, and exposing her breasts the woman looked at her stomach in confusion due to the beetle tattoo that was now there. It began to pulse and suddenly the woman grabbed her head in pain as her mind was taken over by the Will of the Bijuu that now resided inside of her. Falling back onto the bed she rolled around screaming before settling down once her mind was completely taken over.

Standing calmly, Nanabi moved towards a mirror and inspecting her face paying no attention to the fact her breasts were exposed asked, “Would you consider this face and form attractive?”

Holding her wound and having sunk to the floor as Nanabi took over, Nibi said, “I probably would have a higher opinion of it if the bitch it belonged to hadn’t just stabbed me.” Nibi noticed that the beetle seal had disappeared, but much like how Naruto’s seal would appear and disappear depending on how much chakra flowed through him, she suggested, “You might want to cover up. They will come to check on us eventually and we don’t want them noticing any new additions to your body.”

Nanabi nodded and buttoned up her shirt as best she could considering what few buttons remained due to how it was violently opened. It covered her stomach for the most part and picking the shiv back up knelt in front of Nibi saying, “I’m going to enjoy this far more than you I imagine.”

“I’m going to have to agree with you,” Nibi said her wound no longer hurting as she dulled the pain but left the wound unhealed for the most part simply stopping the blood from escaping it by using chakra. Nanabi smiled and then jammed the blade into Nibi’s heart.

It would be an hour later when Bekko returned to look in on the new inmate only to find her slumped over in a corner. Despite Nanabi’s new form having acted as expected, he put on a show of calling for guards who roughed her up while making a similar show of his effort to save Nibi before pronouncing her dead. They carried her out of the cell at the same time as they did Nibi taking her ‘corpse’ to the morgue while taking Nanabi the opposite direction. After descending several floors to a room that was hotter due to the lava surrounding the prison they pushed her roughly into the floor of a dark cell. Picking herself up Nanabi guessed she was in solitary confinement but shrugged as she moved to a corner to wait to see what happened next. After all, most of her time as the Bijuu of a jinchuriki could have been considered solitary so doubted this would bother her much, not when measure against all she stood to gain once Kyuubi made her stay in the body permanent.

****************************

Naruto was shocked as he came to stop in front of the bridge that bore his name. Although he knew the Wave had appreciated his efforts, he never thought they would name the bridge after him. He smiled to himself as Tenten muttered to herself, “As if he needs anymore reasons to believe he’s kami’s gift to people.”

He noticed Sakura frown at the Team Gai kunoichi but truthfully Naruto hadn’t minded Tenten’s anger. In truth it actually made him feel good in a bizarre way considering his recent fear the jutsu was responsible for the turnaround in his life and not him. Although she wasn’t the first to be upset at learning what sleeping with him meant. She did seem like she was going to be the longest. After all Yuugao had gotten over her initial anger by the next day, and Koharu as well hadn’t remained angry much longer than that. He had begun to feel some of his concern returning as Tenten had been pretty much civil during most of the remaining journey and since he hadn’t really done anything to make her such he feared the jutsu was just changing her attitude.

With that appearing not to be the case, he began crossing the bridge while trying to think of a way to make things right with the girl. Reaching the middle Naruto felt a wave of nostalgia wash over him and looking at Sakura could see it was the same for her. They smiled sadly at each other remembering all that had been gained and lost but decided to leave talking about it till later. As they finished their journey over the bridge the sun was setting since Tenten had still insisted on taking it easy and to appease her they had allowed her to stop whenever she wanted.

Walking through the village, both Sakura and Naruto were surprised at just how different it was as the lights of the various shops began to switch on. Although parts of the town still appeared rundown it seemed that it was due more to investors not sure what to do with certain properties than from the hardships it had suffered under Gato. “Wow, it just seems so different now,” Sakura said as they passed a teahouse filled with customers.

“Yeah tell me about it,” Naruto replied grabbing her hand as he said, “Let’s go see how much Inari and the others have changed.” With Sakura laughing as they took off through the crowd and ignoring Tenten who called for them to stop but eventually took off as well so as to not be left behind, Naruto wondered just what it was that had caused Tsunami to contact Konoha since from the looks of things Wave was back in a big way.

****************************

As the three Konoha-nin disappeared into the crowd a hooded figure stood leaving behind enough money to pay his tab. As he too entered the crowd walking in the opposite direction he wondered if Naruto’s showing up in Wave was a fortuitous event or not. Deciding that it was, since it would allow him to practice the technique that had caused him to come to Wave in order to collect more of the precious DNA he needed to add to his growing list of undead warriors he would eventually need if he was going to position himself close to the man claiming to be Madara Uchiha. Wondering about who he would use to challenge the boy, he decided on the companion that had traveled with Zabuza. While he doubted she would be a match for the blond it would give him a chance to gauge Naruto’s growth as a jinchuriki not to mention his own as the spiritual successor of Orochimaru. Heading back to the cave he had used to practice creating his Edo Tensei warriors having used an old sacrifice Orochimaru had stored away after the Crush the Leaf Operation, Kabuto decided to wait for an opportune moment to arrange the reunion between the Naruto and Haku.

*****************************

Tsunami went to answer the door wondering who it was. With the growth of the town many of the people who now lived there tended to be new as the older citizens moved away due to the wealth they had made with the influx of new money. Though happy for her old neighbors, she tended to keep to herself since most of the new people didn’t seem to appreciate the hardships that the original people of Wave had endured under Gato. While she knew Konoha might respond to her message she was still surprised to find three shinobi at her door. More so upon recognizing two of them despite how much they had grown, “Welcome,” she said excitedly ushering them into her home, “Sakura, Naruto you two have grown so much.”

“Thanks,” Naruto had replied a little embarrassed along with Sakura.

Tsunami directed her attention to the third shinobi wondering where Sasuke or Kakashi were. Naruto got the hint saying, “Tsunami this is Tenten. Kakashi-sensei had other matters he needed to attend to since we weren’t sure what it was that you needed we asked her to come along.”

Tsunami shook the girl’s hand saying, “A pleasure.” Turning to the two she knew she asked, “What happened to Sasuke?” Upon noticing the sad look that passed between the two Team Seven members she quickly said, “I’m sorry, forget I asked.”

They gladly did so before Naruto asked, “Where’s Inari and the drunken old man?”

“Naruto,” Sakura said quickly elbowing him in the ribs although playfully.

Tsunami laughed saying, “They’re away on business. My father has become rather sought after due to stories of his bridge and Inari has decided to follow in his footsteps. They’ll both be sorry they missed you.”

“Aw, I was looking forward to seeing them,” Naruto said before asking, “So why did you contact us?”

Looking outside at the darkness that coated the growing town Tsunami said, “Perhaps that can wait till morning. I’ll show you then. I doubt you’ll be able to do much since its dark outside.”

“Okay,” Naruto said to which Sakura and Tenten agreed.

“Let me show you your room.” Leading the trio upstairs, she showed them a guest room with a large bed saying, “I’m afraid that much like last time this is all I have to offer you. I’d let you stay in my father or Inari’s room Naruto, but my father is most insistent his stuff be left alone and Inari is at the age where he doesn’t want anyone intruding on his privacy.”

“So you’re saying they take after each other in more ways than one,” Naruto joked as Tenten moved to the bed. “Don’t worry I’m sure we’ll work something o…”

Before he could finish his sentence he was hit in the face with a pillow as Tenten said, “You sleep downstairs on the couch.”

Tsunami was surprised since Tenten had used a tone she tended to have used when her husband had upset her. It confused her since Sakura seemed less than pleased by that arrangement giving Tsunami the feeling she would have preferred that if someone needed to leave it was the brown-haired girl. Naruto simply took it in stride smiling at Tsunami saying, “See I told you we’d come up with something.”

“I’ll go get some blankets for you,” she said moving to put her words into action. “But maybe I should just let you stay in Inari’s room. I’m sure he’ll make an exception for you.”

“That’s okay,” Naruto said following behind her, “No need to go upsetting him since I’m sure the last thing he wants to come home too is to find out his inner sanctum had been breached.”

“You boys do like your secrets don’t you,” she replied smiling.

Thinking of the many in his life now, Naruto replied, “You have no idea.”

***************************

Tenten kept her disappointment about the disappearance of the Kubikiribôchô to herself. She knew Naruto and Sakura had tolerated her attitude mainly out of respect for her feelings. But looking at the two as they stared at the disturbed graves of Zabuza and Haku, she knew now wasn’t the time to push them. It surprised her since from what she understood of what had happened in Wave almost four years ago they had been enemies with the pair. Granted they had ended up fighting together against Gato but the emotions she saw in Naruto and to a lesser extent Sakura made her wonder just why they would mourn them so.

“I don’t get it,” Naruto said his anger barely being contained, “If they wanted the sword why bother digging up the graves.”

“Actually the sword went missing almost a month before this,” Tsunami said holding her hand to the obviously dug up graves that had been carelessly filled in. “I’ve heard rumors it was taken by a bandit group on the mainland. But since truthfully I thought that it was a rather reckless thing to leave behind didn’t bother reporting it.”

Naruto nodded keeping his cool since he could understand the mother’s point since these woods might have been used by children who might have stumbled upon the graves only to hurt themselves playing around with the sword. Turning to Sakura he asked, “Who do you think did this?”

“I don’t know,” she answered after a moment, “I think we’ll need to dig them up before I can answer that. If the graves are empty its likely Hunter-nin found them and decided to destroy the bodies to erase any secrets they contained. Other than that I have no idea as to why people would bother digging them up.”

“Alright,” Naruto said, “I’ll go get us some…” The sound of Tenten unsealing something from one of her scrolls attracted his attention as two shovels appeared.

Tenten could see that he guessed one was for him and the other was for Sakura but both of them were surprised when the pink haired girl moved in front of him stopping him from picking them up as she said, “Why don’t you and Tenten go look into the missing sword. I’ll take care of things here.”

Tenten could tell as could Naruto that the medic was trying to spare him the pain of seeing the decomposing corpses of the two buried there. Naruto was about to protest when she turned him around saying, “Go on, I’m a medic so deal with this kind of thing all the time. Now you go do what you do best and go beat up some bandits.”

Although tempted to do just as the medic suggested in truth she wasn’t sure if she was ready to be alone with the boy just yet so said, “Actually I’ll stay and help too.”

“Sakura I can make some clones to handle all the…”

“And have them trample over any evidence I might find,” she replied lightly trying to get him to go. “We’ll be fine, I’m sure Zabuza can’t rest knowing his blade is being used by some low rent punks. Go bring back what’s his.”

“I’ll bring you girls something to drink,” Tsunami said aiding Sakura by adding, “Would you escort me back to the village before beginning your search Naruto?”

Tenten could see gratitude towards Sakura welling up in Naruto’s eyes before he nodded and began to lead the older woman back to her home. After he disappeared down the trail that had led them to the graves overlooking the sea and bridge, Sakura wordlessly picked up one of the shovels and began digging. Tenten figured Sakura knew she wasn’t really interested in helping but had simply wanted an excuse not to be around the jinchuriki. Sighing, she picked up the other shovel and began to help surprising her fellow kunoichi. Tenten ignored the medic’s questioning gaze as she fought against giving into her curiosity and asking just why Naruto cared so much about people he should have hated.

****************************

After seeing Tsunami home, Naruto had begun to ask around the village about the Kubikiribôchô. Although it could be considered a downside one thing that helped him out was that due to the village’s rapid growth, crime had grown as well and as a result he soon heard that a politician and crime boss named Tenzen Daikoku had pillaged the blade as a form of retribution against the man that had wielded it. There were a few other rumors that Tenzen was dead having been killed in his home after it collapsed mysteriously. But Naruto figured it wouldn’t hurt to check it out.

Heading back to the mainland, Naruto stepped onto the bridge that bore his name lost in thought. He just didn’t understand what it was someone gained from disturbing Zabuza and Haku’s resting place. But then again it proved he had a lot to learn when it came to the hatreds that ran deep within the shinobi world. After all, if someone had hated Zabuza enough to seek him out to steal his sword even though he was already dead, what was to say someone couldn’t have also done something similar just to desecrate his grave? Wondering how one combatted such irrational hatred, Naruto failed to notice a fog rolling in. But upon noticing he was surrounded in the dense mist, he was filled with a sense of Déjà vu. It only grew more pronounced as he noticed a figure standing in the center of the road as if waiting for him.

Closing the distance he felt his heart skip a beat as the fog parted enough to reveal the familiar face of Haku who was wearing the Hunter garb that Naruto remembered from their last meeting on the bridge. “I-it can’t be,” he said stumbling over the words in his shock, “Y-you’re dead.”

“It’s been a long time for you I suppose,” Haku said recognizing the whisker marks of Naruto if nothing else despite it seeming like only yesterday since last gazing on him.

“Haku…what’s going on? Are you real?”

Haku shrugged replying, “I don’t know how to reply to that. The last thing I remember was intercepting a blow meant for Zabuza. This seems as unreal to me as it must for you.” Naruto wanted to move to touch his first real challenge and perhaps greatest influence in the forming of his nindo. But as he took a shaky step forward, Haku suddenly threw a senbon causing Naruto to roll away from it.

“Haku, we don’t need to fight that was all almost four years ago,” Naruto said as he pulled a kunai to defend himself.

“Has it been that long? What happened to Zabuza?”

Naruto looked away giving Haku the answer to the question. “I see so I failed to be a useful tool. Naruto, I don’t seem to be able to control myself… please stop me.”

“How?” However there was no reply as he noticed Haku’s eyes which had been dark grew even darker as the boy he remembered emotion’s seemed to slip away. Haku began throwing senbon which Naruto easily battered away. Charging forward he attempted to end things quickly forming a weak Rasengan in his hand. Despite remembering Haku to be so much faster Naruto supposed that it was simply that Haku seemed to be the same sixteen year old boy he remembered while Naruto had changed and grown as a shinobi. Slamming the jutsu into Haku’s stomach he was surprised when the missing-nin burst into water. Haku appeared behind him a second later but Naruto managed to spin around quick enough to parry the senbon Haku attempted to plunge into his back. The two fought for a moment matching strength against strength as they pushed against each other with their weapons. Haku first swept a foot through the water they had been standing in then made a one handed sign and Naruto cursed as he needed to dodge the water that had made up the clone he had destroyed that suddenly turned into sharp ice senbons that attempted to bury themselves in him as if thrown by invisible hands.

Trying to formulate a plan that wouldn’t hurt Haku, he was surprised as his mother’s voice suddenly said, “Don’t bother.”

Realizing his mother could talk to him due to the seal calling for more chakra he replied, “What do you mean?”

“You don’t need to hold back Naruto,” Kushina replied and a little confused at the person if front of her son gender she paused asking, “Um, is that a boy or a girl?”

“I know right,” Naruto said amused at his mom’s question, “I totally though he was a girl when we first met but he said he’s a boy.”

Kushina didn’t seemed convinced but said, “Anyway, he’s been resurrected using a jutsu called Edo Tensei. Nothing you can do will permanently hurt him so there’s no need to hold back.”

“That might be easier said than done,” Naruto replied, “I don’t think I can bring myself to hurt him even knowing that. Haku showed me that true strength comes from protecting those precious to you. We might have been enemies but even then… I just couldn’t stop from really respecting him. I truly wish we had met under different circumstances.”

Hearing her sons feeling an idea occurred to Kushina since the control of those resurrected by Edo Tensei was brought about due to the castor providing the body and chakra for the returned soul. Therefore she reasoned that to counter that she needed to separate the soul from the sacrifice used to power the jutsu. Kushina figuring she could handle the situation better than Naruto due to his emotional connection to the resurrected missing-nin so asked, “Naruto do you trust me?”

“You know I do.”

“Then step into the seal,” Kushina replied.

A moment later Naruto appeared in front of the cage the seal represented and stepped between the bars. “Now what?” he asked and was surprised as his mother wrapped him in a hug from behind.

Holding her son tightly she said, “Now you let me take over and handle this for you. This may hurt though so brace yourself.” Channeling her chakra into her son in the real world he began to become surrounded by the thick red chakra of the Bijuu. But instead of looking like a fox the chakra took the form of Kushina although made up of chakra as it was it lacked any real defining traits except her long hair.

Haku didn’t remain idle throwing several senbon, however the chakra was so dense that they harmlessly bounced off. The white eyes by which the woman Bijuu saw narrowed and she charged. Haku managed to avoid much of the swipe from her hand which had long talon like fingers. But a good portion still connected cutting deeply into the missing-nin’s side. But almost immediately the damage began to heal as ash and dirt appeared to join with the body. Kushina avoided the next wave of senbon as Haku began targeting the white orbs of her eyes. Although she felt the chakra there was as dense as that covering the rest of Naruto’s body she didn’t feel it necessary to test it out.

As she began dodging backwards across the bridge she began to analyze what she had seen. One thing she didn’t understand about Edo Tensei was the invulnerability of the resurrected since while the person brought back might have been dead. The sacrifice the jutsu required was not. Therefore how could even the undead warrior in front of her sustain such grievous injuries but the human at the center of the jutsu not be affected? From her attack just now Kushina believed that the answer to that question was because the body wasn’t there any longer. With that piece of the puzzle, she realized that Edo Tensei was just an extremely advanced summoning jutsu. In affect it was a summoning contract with the afterlife so to speak. Beginning to break it down, she now understood the reason the graves of Zabuza and Haku had been disturbed was for the DNA to tell the afterlife who to send back. The sacrifice’s soul that the jutsu needed wasn’t to power it, but instead to act as a place holder in the afterlife for the spirit being brought back. And finally the reason those resurrected were impervious to injury despite there being a normal human body involved was because the sacrifice’s body was being held in a state of flux between the world of the living and the dead. As a result no damage could be done to the sacrifice’s body and therefore any damage done to those resurrected by the jutsu was temporary.

Since the sacrifice’s physical form was intangible as it was literally stuck between the afterlife and living world she figured the way to combat the jutsu was to give the spirit something else to occupy. She could use the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, but since that option would probably kill everyone possibly including Naruto she knew that was a no go. But other than that she didn’t know any way to truly stop the jutsu. She could probably seal Haku if she managed to restrain him but then she didn’t know what to do with him afterwards. If the jutsu never ended then Haku would be bound for all eternity unless the castor ended it, but anyone as cruel as to use Edo Tensei so easily probably would have no problem letting the young man suffer.

Kushina theorized then that the returned spirit’s grip on this world and the body of the sacrifice was tenuous at best. If a form that could house the spirit could somehow be presented to it. Then it would most likely need to occupy it since the sacrifice’s soul’s hold on it body should be stronger. In effect the new form would pull the returned spirit into it who in turn would allow the sacrifice’s soul to occupy its body and thereby shutting down the jutsu as the link to the afterlife was closed due to the summoning contract being broken. She had no idea if it would work but the only alternative was tracking down the castor of the jutsu and beating him up until he ended jutsu. But since he could be anywhere she decided to try her plan.

Haku didn’t make it easy though as Kushina switched from avoiding the senbon coming at her to attacking. The Ice user began leaping backwards over the bridge as she tried to grab the missing-nin with a chakra claw. Giving pursuit, Kushina tried several times but Haku nimbly leapt above or ducked beneath her chakra arms each time they came close. In order to put Kushina on the defensive Haku summoned numerous water clones from the ocean below. She smashed many of them easily, but plunging an arm into the chest of one that exploded covering her in water she cursed, “Shit,” as she realized too late what the point of all the clones was as the water froze solid trapping her in a block of ice. More clones piled on until the section of the bridge was almost completely bathed in it.

*****************************

Sakura and Tenten were about half-way down to their goal when the chunin weapon user finally asked, “Why is Naruto so worried about the graves of a couple of missing-nin? I can’t imagine he had too much time with them to make friends considering you and your team were enemies.”

Sakura stopped digging to look at Tenten and said, “I don’t know to tell you the truth. I just know seeing them get buried together was very important to him.” Looking away she added sadly, “The fact of the matter was that I was more concerned with Sasuke’s injuries than much of what else was going on. I just know that when all was said and done, Naruto seemed to have gained something important from his time here and he attributes it to Zabuza and Haku.”

Tenten still didn’t understand but figured the only person that truly did would be Naruto. Returning to digging, she wondered just what to make of what she had learned about the blond jinchuriki. She knew they had kept her in the dark about quite a few things due to her anger, but was aware that it was to protect his other lovers. From what, she didn’t know since he had explained that if necessary he could ensure that she didn’t talk about it. She supposed that maybe it was to protect their image or something along those lines. To tell the truth Tenten didn’t understand why she was so upset. It hadn’t been like she was involved with anyone and Naruto seemed to have a, ‘you get what you put into it type of policy,’ as far as the romance went. Looking at Sakura, she still had a hard time understanding why she was so okay with sharing Naruto considering how hard she had fought against Ino over Sasuke. But after seeing the two together she supposed it was because Naruto just seemed so sincere in his affections.

In the end, she figured that what upset her was that she felt like a notch in Naruto’s belt. That the sole reason he had probably put Sakura up to inviting her along was to complete his collection of the kunoichi in his age group he tended to work with. Figuring Sakura may know she asked, “Do you know why Naruto asked you to invite me?”

“He didn’t,” Sakura replied stopping her digging. “I did that on my own initiative.”

Surprised, Tenten said, “Y-you did? Why?”

Sakura shrugged laying her shovel against the side of the hole they dug and took a drink from her canteen. Holding it out to her fellow kunoichi who took it she said, “From our talk you just seemed like you’d be all for what Naruto had to offer. You could have a relationship or just be fuck-buddies if your heart desired it. You were already experimenting with sex with people you barely knew so I guess I believed you’d find everything you wanted from Naruto, and still be able to concentrate on your shinobi training.”

“But what about the whole being bound to him clause?”

Sakura sighed admitting, “I guess I didn’t really think it would matter.”

“Of course it would matter,” Tenten said immediately, “What if I eventually meet mister right. I’d have this thing hanging over my head.”

“Not really,” Sakura replied, “After all you’re free to pursue whoever you want, right?”

“Yeah, but what about you, are you really alright just being one of his many lovers?”

“I’m not just one of many though. He sees me for me, just as he sees his other lovers as individuals. You should know, didn’t he make you feel as if you were the only thing that mattered when you were with him. That’s what it’s like all the time. He knows what it is that makes us happy, our likes and dislikes and everything in between. I can understand why you are leery of what you find yourself a part of now. I mean the only things you have to judge him on are a few missions together and an incredible night of passion. But trust me for Naruto it’s not just about the sex, now that you’ve entered his orbit he’ll do everything he can to make sure you are happy.”

Tenten handed Sakura her canteen back and remembered Naruto’s words before she had given into her lusts with him, “Become mine Tenten and you’ll never regret it. I’ll satisfy this amazing body and you will become the kunoichi you dream of.” Shivering at the memory of what had followed she thought, “He certainly satisfied my body.” But while she might have not been interested in the emotional aspect of a relationship right now that didn’t mean she never wanted that sort of connection and wondered if she could enjoy it with someone who already had numerous lovers.

Guessing she wouldn’t figure it out while standing in a grave she was about to start digging again when the sound of Sakura’s canteen hitting the ground caught her attention. Looking at the kunoichi, she saw that the pink-haired girl’s focus was on the bridge which she stared at in shock. “It can’t be,” she said before leaping from the hole and began racing down the cliff-side heading towards the bridge.

Tenten refocused on the bridge and although knew something strange was going on since it was covered in ice wondered why it looked like Sakura had seen a ghost.

*****************************

Kyuubi was waiting in the woods several miles from the prison having used her variant of the Hiraishin to teleport to a marker Nibi had left before running into the Anbu patrol led by Yuugao. She had considered Hiraishining directly into the prison but considering they didn’t exactly know the security layout of the prison both she and Nibi considered it too great a risk. Instead the two-tailed cat believed she could extract herself with a minimal of fuss. Still if her fellow Bijuu didn’t show in the next several minutes Kyuubi would be forced to return to the village since Ino and a rare appearance by Shiho the two currently assigned to observing her would be relieved and replaced by two not aligned with Naruto. She’d reappear the next day at a different time to see if Nibi was waiting for her.

It proved unnecessary though when with a rustle of leaves a naked and dirty Nibi, still looking like the assassin whose body she now possessed, dropped down in front of her. “My, what interesting attire you choose to make your exit in.”

“Oh shut up,” Nibi replied unamused by the smirk on Kyuubi’s face. “I had to wait in a freezer while keeping my body functioning at the same time as I needed to keep it in a death like state. Do you know how hard it is to do all that?”

“I’d imagine it would be rather difficult.”

“That’s putting it mildly,” Nibi said, “Luckily this Akame character didn’t want my body lying around when Ibiki showed up, so the guards that took me down to the morgue slipped another body’s toetag that was scheduled to be cremated on to me.”

“I can’t imagine he’ll be too thrilled with that. I mean his best lead as to how the assassins got into the village ends up dead and then any evidence on where they came from goes up with the body due to a paperwork error. They’re just asking for an investigation of the prison. Something I’m sure they’d be hoping to avoid.”

Nibi just shrugged saying, “They’re probably planning to pin the screw-up with the bodies on the attendant in the morgue. He’s a civilian and a creep.” Kyuubi raised an eyebrow in a questioning manner to which Nibi responded, “The bastard groped me before sticking me in the oven. What kind of sick fuck feels up a corpse?”

“Someone who has probably spent too much time with them, and will probably make an excellent sap to pin the screw up on.”

Nibi nodded before saying, “Well in any case, I think it’s time I say good bye to this form.”

“You might want to take it slow,” Kyuubi attempted to say but before she got past ‘you’ Nibi doubled over in pain as her features began to bubble and shift about. As her face began taking on that of the woman she had looked like in the seal, her skin also darkened to match. Falling to her knees, her hair grew out and began to turn purple which spilled out over her back. Sighing at Nibi’s impetuousness since she knew what she’d be expecting next, Kyuubi finished her sentence and waited for the changes to finish.

Nibi stood up with a grunt of pain saying, “You could have warned me how much that would hurt.”

“I tried,” Kyuubi replied and handed her a package, “In any case here.” Nibi pulled the string that was tied around the brown paper. Pulling the paper away she saw replicas of the clothes that she had worn inside the seal. Kyuubi could see that Nibi was pleased so said, “I thought you’d like something akin to what you wore while training in your seal.”

“These look exactly like them,” Nibi said holding open the jacket.

“I have a good eye for detail. Use the scarf to cover your head when entering the village since I didn’t know what you’d look like I said I never saw you unmasked. Also tucked inside with the rest of your clothes are forged documents from the Land of Lightning. Although they’re the official documents, all the information is fake. I need to get back less my absence is noticed.”

Nibi nodded saying, “I’ll see you inside the village then, and be sure Naruto is waiting because I can’t wait to test out this body.”

Kyuubi grimaced having expected something like that so said bluntly, “I’m afraid for you, me, and one other our Naruto time is going to be nonexistent for the foreseeable future.”

“What why?”

“Because if I’m guessing right once you return to the village we’re all going to be watched like hawks.”

“T-that’s not fair,” Nibi whined childishly.

“What part of our lives up to now has been fair,” Kyuubi said with a small shrug. About to teleport away she remembered something she had wanted to point out to Nibi so said, “Oh by the way, I think you’ll enjoy Yugito’s contribution to the documents she procured for you.”

As Kyuubi disappeared in fire and light, Nibi searched the pile of cloths for the paperwork she’d need to establish an identity in Konoha. Pulling it out she wondered what Kyuubi had meant until she read the name that had been entered into the form, “Yoruichi Shihôin.” Smiling gently Nibi decided to quickly dress and return to the Leaf village. She’d study the other papers to learn more about the backstory she’d need to give to those in charge of village security, and hoped they’d quickly come to believe she wasn’t a threat since she wanted to experience all that being a human had to offer.

*****************************

Despite the number of water clones that kept throwing themselves against the ice encasing her and in turn freezing to make it thicker, Kushina was easily able to bust free sending ice shrapnel everywhere. Most of the remaining clones were destroyed under the barrage, and the few that remained didn’t last much longer as her hair took on the form of several tails and spreading all around her impaled those that remained. As the clones turned back into water, Kushina searched about looking for the real Haku, but could find no sign of the missing-nin. That was until appearing from a puddle of ice behind her, Haku attacked delivering a kick to the side of the Kushina possessed Naruto’s head. Kushina reacted immediately swinging around behind her as she turned to face the threat, but Haku ducked beneath the blow and struck Kushina in the face with a palm strike.

Kushina’s head rocked back, but a chakra claw appeared from her chest and buried itself in Haku’s. The long nails appeared from Haku’s back clamping down to hold the missing-nin in place. Channeling her energy into Haku, she began to construct a new body by converting the matter of the ash surrounding the sacrifice as well as the cement beneath their feet. For the first time since the fight began Haku screamed in pain, but it was soon joined by a second voice as the sacrifice began to appear from out of Haku’s back as if pushed out as the Ice User became more rooted in the living world. Kushina could see that the sacrifice had been a young woman about Naruto’s age who was wearing a headband from a village whose symbol she didn’t recognize. Once the kunoichi appeared fully she collapsed to the ground appearing physically unharmed confirming to Kushina the body had been held in flux in some pocket dimension between the two worlds. Once fully free of Haku the sound kunoichi hit the ground hard as she hadn’t even tried to brace her fall still unconscious or even dead. Kushina watched the girl out of the corner of her eye for a moment to see which it was and seeing her chest moving kept her guard up in case she proved to be a threat.

Kushina began to tire which surprised her considering she had the power of the nine-tails at her disposal but figured that actually creating a body by converting the matter of the environment was a difficult thing even for a Bijuu. Digging deep into her reserves, Haku’s body began to slide off her claws as it became more and more solid almost like how a kunai would be pushed out as a wound quickly healed from the inside out. Guessing that meant it was nearly over she channeled more chakra into the girl in a final push. Haku slipped free collapsing next to the kunoichi who had been the sacrifice used to bring her back to the impure world.

With her task complete her focus returned to the seal where she let go of her son stepping back and tried to remain standing. Her son shook his head waking from the unconscious state he had entered as Kushina’s will took over for him. “What happened?” he asked, spinning to look at his mother.

“I-I think I used up a tad too much energy,” Kushina said swaying before sinking to her knees.

“Mom,” Naruto said worriedly, but as he took a step towards her began to fade from the seal. “What’s going on?” he asked looking at his hand as he turned transparent.

“T-the seal’s reacting to my taking over,” Kushina answered trying to stand and exit the cage of the seal to her apartment recreation and her bed. “The seal will probably temporarily reassert a stricter control on my chakra. It’s most likely a defense against the K…me from taking control despite how much Jiraiya has weakened it. It should return to normal soon. Naruto, there’s something you should know about Haku. He’s a…” Before Kushina could finish her sentence the seal fully expelled Naruto from it. Sighing, since she could just picture the scenario her son believing Haku was a boy would lead to. She knew there was nothing to be done about it since the seal was even preventing her from talking to him mentally at the moment so she dragged herself to her feet and after what felt like an eternity finally collapsed into her bed and channeled what little energy she felt she possessed into healing Naruto’s body from her take over.

*****************************

Naruto sank to his knees as he took control of his body once more. “Ow, ow, ow, ow,” he said over and over again. He stopped as he noticed his hands were dark red and looked like a layer of skin had been peeled away leaving fresh but delicate skin behind. However even as he looked at it he noticed the skin turning white so figured his mother must be healing him. “Let’s not do that again anytime soon mom,” he thought towards her. But receiving no reply he guessed that since the danger had passed it seemed, so too had his ability to communicate with her.

“My, what an interesting ability you have developed,” came an oily voice from behind him. Although it seemed slightly different from when he had last heard it, Naruto easily recognized Kabuto. Spinning in his kneeling position temporarily forgetting the pain he was in he reached for his pouch but found it missing. Noticing for the first time the ruined state of his clothes as well he cursed before growling, “Bastard, so it was you were behind this as well as behind defiling Zabuza and Haku’s graves.”

“Was that the name of Zabuza’s companion?” Kabuto replied amused at Naruto’s attempt to intimidate him. Kabuto was sure to keep the hood of his robe in place and held his hands down so that the sleeves kept them covered as he took a step towards Naruto and the two unconscious kunoichi behind him. He smirked although the blond didn’t see it when Naruto stood weakly and stood in-between him and the girls. “Always playing the hero aren’t you?” Giving a small shrug when Naruto didn’t rise to the bait, he said, “Any way, yes it was me obviously. I had come to Wave to complete my collection and was surprised you showed up, but considering the name this bridge carries shouldn’t have been I suppose. I did leave a mess of their graves after all. I thought I’d have a little fun with you and test my control, but as is often the case you’ve seem to have created a problem for me. Perhaps you’ll be so kind as to tell me how you’ve managed to disrupt my control of Edo Tensei?” Seeing Naruto narrow his eyes at him Kabuto said, “No, I suppose not.”

Naruto was formulating battle plans but no matter how he looked at it he knew he was in trouble. He could Hiraishin, he supposed, to any of his girls, but that would leave Haku and the other girl to Kabuto something he’d never do. Or summon Kyuubi, who would in turn bring back-up, to him by using the fox mark, however that could backfire big time as the cat would be out of the bag if Kabuto got away. But much to his surprise instead of attacking Kabuto tossed something at his feet. Keeping one eye on the robed man he looked to see what it was and saw a leather-bound book. “What’s this?”

“You haven’t just been a nuisance in my side,” Kabuto replied. “Since it appears I’m going to need to reassess my plans to accommodate for this new wrinkle. I figure you can put the information in that book to good use in order to further delay Akatsuki as well.” Kabuto pulled the hood of his robe down enjoying the shock he saw on the jinchuriki’s face as he revealed his new look as Orochimaru’s cells tried to take over, “I should take my leave before your two friends arrive. But we’ll be seeing each other again Naruto, probably sooner than you think.”

Kabuto began to sink into the ground as he took his leave of the blond. Naruto let him go but knew that was the best he could have hoped for considering his weakened state. Naruto moved towards Haku and felt for a pulse. He was surprised to feel one and quickly checked the Sound kunoichi as well. Struck by a sense that he should know the girl from Sound he tried to think of from where but gave up as he heard Sakura shout, “Naruto.”

Turning to his lover, he saw her face twist from worry to straight up concern so figured he must look as bad as he felt. She quickly closed the distance between them saying, “Lie down let me heal you.”

“Don’t worry I’m fine,” Naruto said although he had to fight down a hiss of pain from the hand she placed on his chest, “I probably look worse than I feel. Plus my mom will heal me up as good as new.”

“Your mom?” Tenten said confused but was ignored for the most part due to how softly she had spoken

“Liar,” Sakura said but knew Naruto was probably more concerned with the two unconscious shinobi. Looking at Haku, Sakura knew the theory she had come up with when she had seen the ice was true so said, “I thought as much. The reason the graves were disturbed was so someone could use Zabuza and Haku to perform…”

“Edo Tensei,” Naruto said surprising her, “Yeah it was Kabuto. He also seems to have done something strange to himself as his skin was turning white like Orochimaru and it looked like he was growing scales.”

Sakura looked worried but before she could ask about it further Tenten tired of being ignored said, “Look not that I don’t mind not being in the know…but what the hell is going on?”

Naruto grunted in pain as he picked up Haku as well as the book Kabuto had left and not for the first time really questioned whether or not the ice bloodline limit user was a guy said, “I’ll explain on the way back to Tsunami’s but the short version is, Kabuto dug up the graves to resurrect Zabuza using this Edo Tensei jutsu. Apparently whatever my mom did while she was controlling me has prubably fucked with what he has planned since it appears she really managed to bring Haku back to life.”

“Um, when you say your mom are you talking about the Kyuubi?” Tenten asked now more confused than ever.

Naruto sighed since he was really hurting and just wanted to get going. Sakura sensing that picked up the Sound kunoichi she recognized from the chunin exams saying, “Let’s save the long version for later okay? I want to check out these two since from my research this shouldn’t be possible. Plus once we reach Tsunami’s you are going to sit still and let me heal you. Is that clear Naruto?”

Naruto smiled hearing Sakura use her stern tone of voice with him feeling it showed things had truly healed between them. “Yes ma’am,” he replied beginning to walk back to Wave with Haku in his arms. He tried to rejoice in the miracle his mother had performed but couldn’t completely in part to his concern about Kabuto. Another reason though was also due to his fear of how Haku would react to being alive once more in a world where Zabuza was not.

*****************************

Haku could feel the strong arms cradling her, but wasn’t truly aware of much else. She could hear snippets of conversation here and there as it sounded like two people were explaining something to a third, but it sounded like it was reaching her through a fog. Her awareness began to sharpen though as she noticed a shift in temperature like she had entered a warm home. As a result she could make out a fourth voice as it said, “You can take that one up to Inari’s room, I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“Thanks,” a familiar sounding female responded. It took on a questioning tone as it asked, “Naruto, are you sure you should be the one to check… um him?”

She could almost feel the nod the boy gave in reply as he answered, “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking but I’m sure he’d be more comfortable knowing a guy undressed him before you checked him over.”

Haku could sense the look that probably passed between the three women present before an unfamiliar voice said, “Uh… I really don’t think that’s a guy.”

“Why would he lie?” Naruto asked walking up some stairs. Haku although on some level aware they were talking about her was still much too tired to do anything as she was laid on a large bed. She heard a bowl filled with water being sent on a nightstand next to her as well as a body sitting next to her on the bed.

“Thanks,” Naruto replied to the woman that had left the bowl.

“You’re welcome,” Tsunami replied, “I’ll let you get to it then.”

A rag that had been dipped in warm water ran over her face as Naruto cleaned it from the grim and sweat accumulated during a fight. The feeling was enough to nearly put her back to sleep but then after he soaked and wrung out the rag again he again began cleaning her face and began working his way down. Something in the back of her mind began to panic which grew more pronounced as the robe of her hunter-nin costume was parted. Naruto sat her up to then to pull her turtle neck sweater off.

Once free of her sweater she began to force her eyes open since all that remained covering her chest was the tightly wrapped band of bandages she wore to hide her bust.

“Weird,” Naruto said upon seeing the bandages that looked like they were wrapped around Haku’s chest painfully tight.

Not thinking twice about it, he pulled free the clip holding them in place but immediately regretted it as Haku’s chest suddenly expanded in a way he had seen happen numerous times when freeing his lovers’ breasts from the various ways they contained them. His regret also stemmed from the sudden girlie shriek of, “Eeeeekkkkkkk,” that was coupled with the ungirlie punch to the side of his jaw.

Sent flying from the bed, he crashed into the wall next to the door, and sat on the floor stunned not so much from the punch but from the fact that sitting on the bed with one arm covering her breasts was Haku and she was definitely not a boy. Wondering if his mom had somehow screwed up, he pointed at the kunoichi about to ask her if she had always been a girl but unfortunately he found himself on the wrong side of the door as it swung open as Sakura and Tenten rushed into the room from checking on the Sound kunoichi that between them had remembered was named Kin.

He grunted in pain causing Sakura to peer around the door saying, “Naruto! I’m sorry we just heard a shriek…”

She helped him back to his feet as Tenten simply said, “I told you that wasn’t a guy.”

Having grabbed up her robe and wrapped it around her revealing quite a bit of cleavage Haku said, “I’m sorry. I-I couldn’t stop myself.”

Naruto waved off the apology saying, “Happens all the time. But why’d you tell me you were a boy?”

Haku shrugged before saying, “As a missing-nin I found myself surrounded by unscrupulous people. Many of who wouldn’t hesitate to take advantage of a young girl. Zabuza thought it best that I pretend to be a boy to protect myself, although there were quite a few who would also take advantage of boys.”

Naruto chuckled to himself as Sakura set him on the bed taking the opportunity to scan him despite his earlier insistence that he was fine due to his mother healing him. “Maybe it doesn’t help going around wearing such girlie looking clothes.”

Haku smiled prettily remembering what she wore upon first meeting the amused blond. “I didn’t think I’d run into anyone in the woods that day.” Haku’s smile melted into sadness saying, “Has it truly been four years?”

“Almost four years give or take a few months,” Naruto replied, “Can you remember anything of what happened after your…”

“Death,” Haku finished for the jinchuriki before shaking her head, “I remember the pain of your sensei’s attack piercing my chest and grabbing his arm to give Zabuza the chance he needed to defeat him but after that nothing. It seemed like no time had passed at all when I found myself on the bridge.”

Happy with what her scan of Naruto revealed to her, Sakura was tempted to kiss him lightly but resisted instead saying, “I believe that’s due to those resurrected by Edo Tensei retain no memories of the afterlife.”

“Why?” Tenten asked.

“I’m not sure,” Sakura admitted, “My research didn’t say, but maybe because a soul pulled from heaven would be too traumatized by the loss of paradise to be of much use while one from hell would by the torments it suffered.”

“You sure do know a lot about this jutsu Sakura,” Naruto said brightly and wondered why Sakura frowned at his compliment.

He received his answer when she said, “R-right after you left the village on your training trip…and before I realized just how important you had become to me…”

Seeing Sakura struggling he figured it was because she feared broaching the subject of her old feelings for Sasuke. Grabbing her hand gently he said, “I understand, you knew we’d be forced to go up against Orochimaru when we saved Sasuke from him so wanted to know what we could expect to face from the snake bastard.”

Sakura smiled at him giving his hand a squeeze and wished she could be a lot more affectionate. But such thoughts were put on hold as Haku asked, “I remember the fight with Naruto just now though so know I wasn’t truly alive. How am I now so?”

Sakura let go of Naruto’s hand to focus on the kunoichi to explain, “Well as near as can tell…” she paused to look at Naruto who nodded his head so she continued saying, “Naruto’s Bijuu used it’s chakra to give you a new body. There was a large amount of concrete missing from the bridge near where you were laying. I believe she used her chakra to transform the matter of the bridge into a flesh and blood body for you. It would also explain why Kin survived as well since Edo Tensei requires a living sacrifice, who joins the soul in death upon the completion of the jutsu.”

“Kin?” Naruto said confused, “Who’s that?”

“The girl that was on the bridge with you and Haku,” Tenten answered. “Don’t you remember her from the Chunin Exams?”

Naruto shook his head saying, “Not really, although she did seem familiar.” Despite his words with the mention of the Chunin Exams he suddenly recalled, “She was the one Shikamaru beat, right?”

“Yes,” Sakura answered, “She disappeared after the exams but it appears she was used as a sacrifice to power the Edo Tensei.”

“Wait, are you suggesting she’s been a sacrifice all these years.”

Sakura shrugged unsure but said, “It seems likely I’m afraid. I can’t find anything physically wrong with her but she’s unresponsive which makes me believe it’s mental. Since my research showed that her Teammate Zaku’s body was used to revive one of the Hokage who battled the Third during the Invasion it seems likely. One of the Anbu watching the battle reported that Orochimaru summoned three caskets but one of the summonings was suppressed. It’s likely that third casket contained her and I doubt Orochimaru would just release her afterwards so he probably stored her somewhere till Kabuto used her to summon Haku.”

“That poor girl,” Haku said having difficulty imagining being trapped in darkness for four years, “It’s little wonder her mind would shut down.”

Sakura nodded before saying, “Anyway we’ll take her to the Leaf with us and I’ll have Ino look at her.”

“What about Kabuto?” Tenten asked rather glad for the situation since it took her mind off of her being bound to Naruto.

“We’ll search the surrounding area for whatever rock he’s hiding under. I don’t want to leave until I’m sure he’s not hanging around anymore.” He added, “Plus it’ll give me time to come up with something to report about what happened.”

“You mean to the Hokage,” Tenten said, her voice making it clear she didn’t like the idea of Naruto lying to her idol.

Although his Hokage lover would be told everything Naruto didn’t want to tarnish Tsunade’s image in Tenten’s eyes by admitting she was one of his lovers so said, “Don’t worry, I’ll tell her everything. I just don’t want that it appears I can bring those resurrected by Edo Tensei back to life to become common knowledge.”

Tenten seemed to accept his explanation so Naruto stood saying, “I’ll let Sakura take over checking you out Haku. We’ll talk more after she’s done.” Haku nodded giving him a weak smile, but behind her eyes Naruto could see an emptiness that made him fear the young woman was berating herself as a tool that had failed its wielder and didn’t deserve her second chance at life.

*****************************

Haku awoke to the feeling of a warmth beginning to spread through her that was followed by a desperate need for relief. Opening her eyes she saw Naruto snoring contently in the bed as he laid next to her and felt the warmth and need coursing through her spike. Fighting it down as she had most of the afternoon of her rebirth, as it was, she tried to concentrate on something else. Unfortunately the topic her mind chose was how she ended up sharing a bed with the attractive man.

After Sakura had finished her scan, Haku had asked to take a shower to clean up. She had quickly showered and found Tsunami had left her an oversized shirt and some sweats that were too big but could be tied to fit. She had joined the others downstairs afterwards, and had smiled as Tenten said, “I can’t believe you actually though she was a boy.” Haku had wondered why there seemed to be hint of an accusation in the tone of the brunette’s voice.

She didn’t give it much thought though as Sakura said, “Trust me I can. Naruto tended not to question what he was told back then. Besides Haku admits she was the one that told him that so drop it.” Haku did wonder though if Sakura and Naruto were involved due to her stern response to Tenten something she could see was mirrored in Tsunami’s face. Trying to figure out the dynamics between the three was proving confusing since Tenten seemed upset at the other two, who in turn seemed somewhat apologetic but with Sakura willing to push back when she felt the other kunoichi was just trying to start something.

Tenten let the matter drop probably due to it appearing that she might have been a little catty to the other two women present. Crossing her arms though she sat on an arm of the living room couch where it appeared someone had slept the night before. What followed was a planning session about possible places Kabuto may have holed up during his time in Wave. Haku tried to follow along and had managed to suggest the old treehouse hideout that she and Zabuza had used while working for Gato, but after that had needed to concentrate on suppressing the burning need her body began to feel. It had been an omnipresent feeling since awakening and probably since her rebirth, but it had suddenly spiked in intensity. Haku had been tempted to tell Sakura about it when the kunoichi had asked her about any strange feelings, but had been too embarrassed to bring up the fact that if felt like she really needed to give her body some relief.

She wasn’t sure how long the meeting had gone on with Tsunami suggesting some places she had found during her many years in Wave, but from looking outside saw that the sun had set. Luckily the feelings welling up inside her had died down as Naruto said, “You two don’t mind sharing with Haku right? I know we stashed Kin in Inari’s room but I doubt Tsunami wants to listen to her old man complain about us using his room too. Plus I don’t think Haku wants to be alone right now.”

“Actually would you mind staying with me, Naruto?” Most of those present were surprised except for perhaps Sakura, but certainly no one more so than herself as she didn’t know why she had asked the blond that.

Sakura quickly took charge saying, “You should do as she asks Naruto. We’ll stay down here for the night.”

Tenten looked less than pleased, but kept her displeasure to herself. “Okay,” Naruto replied before moving towards the stairs with Haku falling into step behind him. After she pulled back the covers and climbed into the bed, Naruto waited until she pulled them over herself to take off his jacket revealing his black shirt and then climbed into the bed.

“Aren’t you going to be cold?” she asked worried for his health since it was approaching fall so the weather tended to get cold at night.

“Nah, I’ll be fine,” Naruto answered, “I tend to run hot anyway.”

Haku nodded although she wasn’t sure if he was just uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as a girl or not. In truth she was surprised she wasn’t more uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a bed with him, but figured it may be due to his sleeping above the covers meant he was doing it for her comfort as opposed to hoping something might happen. “Thank you,” she said before turning over to get some sleep. Naruto followed suit and was asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Now though with her body heating up Haku found herself wishing he was sleeping under the covers as well as pressed up against her. Perhaps due to the close proximity of the jinchuriki or even a lingering attraction she felt for him since the day on the bridge four years ago, her body wouldn’t quiet down. No longer able to resist the call of her body she discreetly began to rub between her legs as she was curled up in a fetal position. Hoping that Naruto was as sound a sleeper as he had been in the forest when they first met she turned her face into her pillow to muffle the moan that nearly escaped. Stopping in her self pleasure long enough to untie the knot that had held the sweatpants up, as soon as it was free she plunged her hand into the pants past her shaved mound and began running her finger over her slit directly. Wanting to stare at the boy driving her wild at the moment she brought her other hand up to her mouth to bit on her knuckle to keep from moaning too loudly. As her folds grew slick with her excitement, she buried a finger inside her which in turn caused her too temporarily to release her finger allowing her to moan out loudly. Quickly biting down again, she slowed her pace but didn’t stop while hoping he remained asleep. Luckily he did so only adjusting his position slightly so Haku soon found herself working her pussy back into a frenzy. Feeling her relief approaching she rubbed the palm of her hand up against her clit the small action causing her to stiffen as her orgasm washed over her body. Panting due to the exertion, she felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her as she pulled her finger from her snatch. Still the embarrassment she felt still didn’t prevent her from leaning up to place a light kiss against the blond man’s cheek. But it doubled in intensity when he wrapped an arm around her to pull her tightly against him. Suddenly glad for the covers that separated them due to the wetness that had soaked into the sweats she wore. She debated about pulling free but was sure that action would wake Naruto so settled in against him while hoping she woke up first and tried not to think about how good it felt to be held in his arms.

*****************************

Kyuubi was being pushed through the village in a wheelchair by Kaori the nurse that had been assigned to her. “You did quite well today at physical therapy. You must have been quite eager to begin to move it to such an earlier hour.”

“Oh I wouldn’t say eager,” Kyuubi replied, “After all; you can be quite the sadist. But thank you for agreeing to take me in this morning.” Truthfully Kyuubi’s interest in attending her therapy session earlier had less to do with getting it out of the way but with Hinata, who was tailing her as part of the rotating set of guards and observers. Now under the watchful gaze of the Hyuuga princess, the Bijuu turned human could conduct one last piece of business before laying low for a while to hopeful appease Ibiki that she wasn’t a threat.

“It was no problem,” the nurse replied as she wheeled her patient deeper into Konoha’s food district.

“This should be far enough,” Kyuubi said making a show of trying to stand.

“Are you sure?” Kaori asked concerned although the woman’s recovery seemed to rival some of the shinobi that had awakened in the coma ward.

“Yes quite sure, thank you” the Bijuu answered accepting the cane she had brought along from the nurse, “I’m sure you need to get back to the hospital and I need to meet with someone. It should also prove to be some good exercise.”

“Just be careful not to overdo it and take plenty of rest breaks.”

Kyuubi inclined her head at the advice before walking towards her destination. She had sent the letter out the night before to its intended recipient when one of the shinobi watching her had not been one of those loyal to Naruto. She had little doubt when the shinobi had reported it to his supervisor it had raised more than a few eyebrows. But with Nibi due to return to the village soon and the chances of all three of them being watched carefully as a result of this meeting, Kyuubi felt it was best to get it out of the way while Naruto was busy outside the village. That way, things would hopefully settle down by the time he returned.

Naturally she had timed the meeting for when one of Naruto’s lovers could observe it so it would allow a more honest conversation. Spotting the woman she had sent for she walked with the cane as best she could and would be glad when she no longer needed to pretend to rely on it. Stopping at the table Karin was sitting at she said, “Sorry, I hope you weren’t waiting long.”

“N-no,” the former Sound-nin and Heibi member replied having been startled from her thoughts.

Taking the open seat, the Bijuu said, “Good, I’m glad you agreed to meet with me.”

“Um, what’s this about exactly? And who are you?”

Kyuubi smiled at the question saying, “I’m like you in that I find myself bound to a certain man, but unlike you I know what my role is going to be.”

Understanding that she was talking to one of Naruto’s lovers, Karin relaxed since the letter had been rather vague just giving a time and place to meet. Glad that she guessed right that it had been the woman Tsunade had told her about she asked, “Am I to take it you’re the one who is going to define my role now that I can’t be a shinobi.”

Kyuubi raised her arm to laugh musically into the sleeve of her kimono before saying, “Now dear Karin being a shinobi is something no one can take from you. However, there are dare I say roles that may very well be just as important to Naruto’s ambition as those of the kunoichi he has thus far recruited.”

“Like what?”

“Like say running a shipping company,” Kyuubi said and smiled at the disbelief in Karin’s face.

“You can’t be serious,” she replied shocked, “I have no experience in doing something like that.”

“Are you sure?” Kyuubi paused to wave over a waitress and gave Karin time to mull over her statement as she ordered some tea and snacks.

“I think I’d know if I did.”

“True, but you aren’t looking at the big picture. You might have never run a company before but you have run one of Orochimaru’s facilities. I doubt he was one to suffer fools so you must have done quite well in that regard.”

“Sure, but there’s a world of difference between running a prison and science facility and running a company.”

“Probably not as much as you might think,” Kyuubi replied as her order arrived. Pouring herself and Karin a cup she began to explain her reasoning saying, “For instance you have employees in both that serve under you. Not to mention a need to deliver a final product. However, instead of receiving the praise of a psychopath you get money for a job well done.”

“But seriously, why me?” Karin asked sure there were those better suited among Naruto’s lovers.

“Well because I feel you are most uniquely suited for the job. Not just of running the company but for how I want to use it in pushing forwards Naruto’s goals. With your skills as an administrator as well as your knowledge of how shinobi tend to think it will make you an excellent facilitator.”

“What exactly would I be facilitating?”

“Why opening new branch offices in the other shinobi villages. With your ability to read chakra you’ll be able to know when you are pushing too hard or when a person is bluffing. In time I expect these offices to be raking in cash making it so that the other kage practically beg us to open one in their village. But it’ll be the first couple of ones that will prove the most crucial which makes me believe you are the one best suited for the task.”

Karin was pleased that she would have such an important role but before she agreed said, “It’ll be likely that you and I will be put under a lot of scrutiny. Just meeting with me will probably throw up a red flag with the Interrogation Department.”

Kyuubi nodded before gracing the red-head with a smile saying, “Yes but I’ve thrown up a few already, which is why it’s best that you hurry and agree so that our self-imposed celibacy as result will be over by the time Naruto’s business in Wave concludes or as soon after as possible.”

Karin laughed, but growing serious stuck out her hand saying, “I accept.”

“I never doubted you would for a second.”

*****************************

Naruto stood behind Haku as she prayed over Zabuza’s grave. He, after awakening and finding that at some point during the night he had pulled Haku close to him, h had quietly extracted himself having had loads of practice with leaving a kunoichi’s bed without waking her, and had sent several clones early that morning to fill the hole that Sakura and Tenten had dug when they had been investigating who had disturbed them. To buy his clones some extra time after she woke up several minutes later, he had taken Haku clothes shopping after breakfast. Haku had resisted at first, but relented when Naruto said he wanted her to have something nice to wear as they visited Zabuza. After she tried on several outfits which he had secretly bought and sent back to Tsunami’s via clones, she had finally settled on kimono in much the same vein as the one she had worn when they first met.

He had asked if she wanted to buy some flowers but she had shook her head saying that she’d like to pick some on the way. The journey to the graves had been silent since Naruto knew Haku had a lot to process as it wasn’t everyday one stood over their own grave.

Shaking himself back to the present, he figured Haku had been praying for roughly an hour. He didn’t mind since Sakura and Tenten were currently checking out some of the sights they had thought Kabuto would be hiding at. He wasn’t worried for their safety knowing he was just a jutsu away, and although Tenten wasn’t wearing his mark he knew Sakura would stay close to her fellow kunoichi aware of just how dangerous Kabuto was.

As he watched Haku, he wondered if he should attempt to seduce the beauty but was a little nervous in the face of just how upset Tenten had been. A part of him felt that it would give the young woman something to live for since he feared without Zabuza that she would succumb to the hell that had been her life before meeting the missing-nin. But the part that held him back felt it was perhaps a bit of hubris on his part as for all he knew all Haku wanted to do with her new life was find a quiet place to live.

Clapping her hands to signal the end of her prayer, she turned to Naruto to say, “It was very kind of you and your team to give us a burial.”

“It was the least we could do,” he replied turning to walk next to her as she passed him. Falling into step he said, “Have you considered what you are going to do now?”

Haku remained silent for several minutes as they walked through the forest back to town. As they entered an area of the forest that struck Naruto with a wave of familiarity, although he couldn’t place why she finally said, “No, in truth I’m now simply a tool without an owner. I do not know why the fates would choose me for this second chance, but I don’t deserve…”

Naruto couldn’t stand what he was hearing and before he could stop himself he had grabbed Haku by the shoulders and pushed her up against the tree. Looking down at his feet he said, “Stop right there! You aren’t some tool incapable of dreaming yourself.”

“Naruto,” Haku said surprised at the passion in the boy’s voice but not believing his words added, “Even though he was precious to me, Zabuza saw me as nothing but a means to an end. However I was happy, but knowing that I failed to save him...” She trailed off before shouting, “How am I supposed to go on living knowing that?!”

Naruto looked up meeting her brown eyes and she was surprised at the tears she saw there. Naruto couldn’t help the tears in part due to the memories of the day but also that Haku, someone who had such an impact on him, viewed herself as worthless. Setting her straight he said, “As much as you loved and cherished Zabuza, he cherished you Haku. After you took Kakashi’s Lightening Cutter, Zabuza acted as if your death simply gave him the advantage. He tried to remain the cold emotionless shinobi that he always presented to you. But deep down his heart was broken…” Haku’s eyes grew wider and tears began to appear but he could tell a part of her didn’t believe him so he continued, “Eventually Kakashi-sensei disabled both his arms though effectively ending the fight. Gato chose that moment to reveal he always intended to double cross the both of you. Zabuza still tried to act as if your death didn’t matter even when Gato disrespected your corpse by kicking it in retaliation for his arm. I couldn’t stand seeing your most precious person walking away as if you hadn’t mattered so called him out on it. I can’t recall exactly what I said but I’ll never forget the sight of him crying as he told me how fighting broke your heart. Zabuza didn’t die fighting Kakashi but traded his life to kill Gato using nothing but a kunai he held in his mouth in order to avenge the disrespect he paid to you.”

Haku broke down into tears so Naruto pulled her into a hug adding, “Before dying he only wished that he could join you in heaven to remain at your side.” As she vented her sadness he held her tightly saying, “The reason Kakashi was willing to let us bury you two here I think was because your lives taught me and my team so much about what it was to be shinobi. I vowed on your graves to live true to my own shinobi way, which was to protect those precious to me no matter what. I include you in that as well Haku.”

Naruto felt her stiffen in his arms as her tears ended. He just held onto her but after several heartbeats felt a feather light kiss against his neck. He was wondering if he imagined it until he felt another and then another as Haku worked her way to his mouth. “Haku,” he said surprised pulling away but looking into her eyes saw a combination of need and raw emotion. Swept up in her feelings he lowered his mouth to hers to drink of her lips. As they kissed Haku’s arms moved from around his torso to wrap around his neck as she tried to pull herself deeper into the kiss and against his body. Naruto’s hands wrapped around her torso but as their passion ignited he soon was gripping the cheeks of her ass.

Moaning as a result of his groping her butt she broke the kiss saying, “I-I’ve never felt so hot before. Naruto… I-I want you.”

Gently kissing her, Naruto smiled at her saying, “I want you too, Haku. But you should know I’ve taken quite a few lovers and should we do this you’ll be bound to me forever.”

Placing her head against his chest she could hear his heartbeat, “Do you cherish your other lovers?”

“Yes, they’re all very precious to me. They, much like you told me, are the reason I’m truly strong” Naruto replied and Haku could hear his heart beat steadily indicating he was telling the truth.

Moving her head to look into his eyes she placed a hand over his heart and asked, “Could you eventually view me to be as precious to you as them?”

“I already do,” he said and Haku didn’t need to feel his heartbeat to know he was being honest as his eyes conveyed the truth of it to her. Closing her eyes, she knew Naruto would see it as the invitation that it was and when his lips met her again allowed herself to be swept up in the feelings the blond was causing inside her.

As they kissed she began to backpedal until she was pressed up against a tree. Naruto broke the kiss in order to loosen the sash that held her kimono closed. As he worked the knot loose he began to focus on her neck and when it finally gave way began to move lower covering her chest in kisses after freeing her breasts of the bra he had just bought her. Grabbing one of her breast, he clutched it gently and then raised it to his mouth where he ran his tongue around the small areola of her tit. When her nipple stiffened in response he sucked it into his mouth where he flicked it with his tongue causing Haku to moan in pleasure.

Moving his focus to her other breast to give it a similar treatment, he occupied his other hand by sliding it down her body. As it passed over her stomach she shivered at not just his touch, but the knowledge of where his hand was heading. Sliding past the band of her panties he began rubbing along the outside of her pussy. As Naruto began to tease her pussy into readiness, Haku whose hands had been rubbing along Naruto’s back brought them to his front where she slid the zipper of his jacket down. She missed his hands and mouth as they moved away from her erogenous zones in order to free himself of his jacket. Before he could put them back though she moved forward to grab his shirt and pulled it over his head. Once his shirt was lying on the forest floor she placed several kisses against his chest and paid extra care to his nipples as well. Naruto placed his hands on her shoulders to push her kimono free which slid to the ground pooling around her feet. He took a moment to stare at the beauty as she stood before him in only her panties he said, “Beautiful.”

Haku blushed at the compliment, and as he held his arms open to her, she quickly closed the small distance between them. Once she was wrapped in his strong arms they kissed again their tongues moved around and against each other in a slow dance. Grabbing the cheeks of her ass he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He broke the kiss to search the area for a comfortable place to set the kunoichi down and finding it proceeded to carry her towards it. Laying her on the ground he resumed kissing her along her neck, chin, and cheek before zeroing in on her mouth as his hands ravished her body.

As they made out among the trees and grass he ran his hand along her side sliding it into the waistband of her panties and as she raised up her hips he slid them down her legs. Then placing kisses along her body he worked his way down to her wet core. “D-don’t look,” she said trying to cover her vagina from his eyes with her hands.

But Naruto insistently moved them away saying, “Don’t get shy on me now Haku. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about.”

Haku could think of plenty to be self-conscious about but her mind went blank as Naruto began to please her pussy using his very talented and experienced tongue. Soon the hands that had been trying to hide her quim away were buried in Naruto’s hair as they pulled him towards her. As her body released more and more of her juices, he began to focus his tongue on her clit as he added two of his fingers inside her. Working them in and out he began to flick her clit with her tongue and soon Haku was moaning his name. With a loud shout of, “Oh kami yes eat me,” she came and coated his mouth in her release.

Naruto worked his way back up Haku’s body and reaching her mouth kissed her allowing her to taste her own essence. “Mmm,” she moaned into the kiss as her tongue wrestled with his.

While making out with the kunoichi, he freed his cock from the confines of his pants and as it pressed up against Haku she stiffened as if it burned her. She tentatively reached down to grasp it causing Naruto to groan as she began to lightly stroke it. Emboldened by his sound of pleasure she asked, “Does this feel good?”

“Mmhmm,” he moaned as her pace increased.

“I imagine it will fell much better when it’s being gripped by my tight pussy,” Haku breathed into his ear nearly causing Naruto to blow his load right on the spot. Guiding it to her hole she said, “There’s no need to hold back Naruto, all that I am is yours to take.”

Naruto hesitated at her entrance to stare into her eyes saying, “From this point on Haku you’re mine. But that also means I’m yours as well and I’ll do all that I can to protect your dreams for a change.”

Naruto then pushed inside her and the tears that appeared in her eyes weren’t all due entirely to the pain of losing her virginity. Naruto kissed them away as he remained still to give her time to adjust to the new experience. Once she had grown used to being stuffed with his cock she moved her hips ever so slightly which he took as a sign she was ready for him to move. He moved slowly concentrating on pleasing his newest lover through kisses and touches over simply plowing away at her. As his actions worked Haku up, she wrapped her legs around him locking her ankles behind his back. Her hips then began meeting his thrusts and she began moaning louder and louder every time his dick was fully buried inside her.

“How…how is it?” she asked trying desperately to get him to increase his pace.

“Your pussy? It’s fucking fantastic,” Naruto groaned resisting the urge to simply churn away at her, “It’s so fucking hot and wet inside you that it’s hard to believe this is your first time.”

“It’s because I’ve never felt so hot before,” she panted reaching her breaking point she pleaded, “Please, I need…I can’t stand it anymore…. Pound me into the ground. I…I need this release.”

Naruto smiled in the midst of a kiss to her neck and getting to his knees pulled Haku up as well. There he began to forcefully slide her up and down his cock causing the Ice Maiden to begin writhing in pleasure. Shaking her head back and forth her long hair flying about behind her she moaned, “Yessss…that’s it…oh yes it’s so good Naruto.”

“For me to,” the jinchuriki moaned, “It almost feels as if my dick is going to melt your that fucking hot… like there’s a fire burning inside you.”

“Yes…melt me Naruto…make that fire burn as only you can…oh yes…”

Naruto groaned as Haku suddenly bit into his shoulder to prevent her yells from getting any louder. Suddenly she grew taunt and clung to him as if her life depended on it. Her pussy began convulsing around his cock letting him know that she was cumming. Being milked of his essence by her thirsty pussy he let go as well coating her insides and letting her womb drink of his seed. Haku sagged in his arms and as their two sweat soaked bodies cooled down Naruto though he could feel a chill growing in the air.

Moving with his new lover towards a tree he rested against it and smiled as the sleepy sounding Haku snuggled into his chest muttering, “Mmm, so warm.” He looked up at a nearby tree and to his surprise spotted the old hatch marks that he and Sasuke had carved as they practiced tree climbing. Figuring that was why the area had seemed familiar he was lost to his memories of the happier days of Team Seven. But he supposed that was just him looking at things with rose tinted glasses as it wasn’t long after that before things began to fall apart. However, before he could get too depressed about the matter he noticed that it had begun snowing. Although summer was turning into fall it was still too early for snow so looking at the woman in his arms wondered if she was behind it like he had though her spirit had been after Zabuza confessed how much she had meant to him. Although never one to have enjoyed the snow, if Haku’s happiness was tied to such a change in the weather then he hoped it snowed every day.

Next Chapter: Return to Wave Tsunami
Sign up to rate and review this story