Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Forgetting Yesterday

Let it Die

by kissmeifucan97

Daniel is back and collecting

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-06-07 - 1755 words

?Blocked
Part 4- Let it die
A minute didn’t pass for me to process anything, before the doorbell rang again. My heart skipped a beat. My stomach flipped threatening to empty of its contents. I loosened Spencer’s arm from around my shoulders. Brendon did the same.
“I’ll get it” Brendon mumbled.
Spencer looked at both of us and said, “It’s a door bell you guys. You two look like you’re scared of something.”
“Scared of someone is more like it” Brendon mumbled under his breath. Spencer gave him a puzzled look and muttered, “Weirdo.”
I couldn’t move. The cold fear had slipped its way in to my muscles, causing me to go ridged. I needed to tell Spencer before things got out t of hand. I watched with growing anxiety as Brendon walked causally to the door. His hand hovered over the knob for a second, waiting for me to say something. When I didn’t he grabbed the door knob and hesitated for another second.
I knew there wouldn’t be another chance like this one. Without another thought I took it. “Um, Spencer can we talk about something. Like, in the other room.”
Spencer was already heading toward the kitchen to talk to Natasha. I started to trail after him. Then I heard it. Daniel’s voice triggered the chills.
“Hey Daniel, I didn’t think you would come.” Brendon said letting an angry edge lace his voice.
Daniel smirked smugly. The bruising around his face only gave him a more menacing look. “I felt bad for Ellie coming here by herself,” he said, brushing past Brendon in to the house. He waltzed right up to me. His grin turned in to one that resembled a Cheshire cat. Daniel stood uncomfortably close and just stared down at me.
Brendon slammed the door and rushed over to me. He shouldered between Daniel and I. “why did you come here,” Brendon hissed. Daniel opened his mouth to say something, but before he could Spencer and Natasha came out.
“Hey Danny glade you made it.” Spencer said cheerfully. Natasha gave him and hug greeted him.
I felt dizzy. I couldn’t handle it. My stomach turned with nerves. I wanted nothing more than to run to the bathroom and throw up. But I couldn’t. I had to keep up the façade in place, at least until I told Spencer.
“Good thing I made sure to make extra,” I commented halfheartedly. Brendon gave me a confused look. Keeping the plastered smile I said, “how about we get this party started. I’ll serve the food and Spence you Natasha and Danny can go pick the first movie of the night. Bren can you help me in the kitchen.”
I shuffled in to the kitchen with Brendon in tow. I heard the other three begin conversation. It sickened me more to listen to the web of lies that Daniel was spinning for Spencer and Natasha.
“Dude what happened to your face,” Spencer’s voice carried in to the kitchen.
I could just hear the smile in Daniel’s voice as he directed his answer to Brendon and I. “well this ass hole tried to steal something from me.”
“Oh my gosh!” Natasha exclaimed. “Did you get it back?”
Daniel’s voice got darker suddenly. “Well, not yet but I will.”
I practically collapsed. But luckily Brendon caught me in his arms and braced me against him. “We have to tell Spencer and on top of that we need to call the police. I let you hold off for a day knowing that you were shaken up, but I didn’t expect this.” Brendon whispered in my ear.
There was a tight feeling in my throat, the telltale sign my emotions getting the better of me. “What am I going to do? I can’t just go out there and blurt out it out. You’ve seen how violent and nasty he can get. I don’t want to put Spencer and Natasha in any danger. What if he lashes out and hurts them. I couldn’t live with myself if that happened.” I blinked back tears.
Brendon was silent for a second. Then he released me and stood up straight. “Okay,” he said finally, “we need to do this smart. I will help you get Spencer alone so you can tell him. In the mean time I’ll figure out how to call the police without Daniel suspecting.”
I nodded in agreement. But for some reason that didn’t seem enough for me. I wrapped my arms around Brendon’s shoulders and pulled him to me. “Thank you,” I sighed.
“Now come on,” Brendon said, pulling us apart but keeping his hand on the small of my back, “let’s just get though the next five minutes before we start feeling grateful for anything.”
I let of a nervous laugh. “Easy enough to say,” I said, walking away to the tray of tacos.
---
The next hour was agonizing. The tension seems higher than ever, and Spencer and Natasha seemed to be completely oblivious to the tension in the room. But I could feel it. It was thick and heavy, almost suffocating.
After dinner Natasha had turned on the stereo and played some sort of up-beat indie song. Brendon had disappeared somewhere taking Spencer with him. Daniel sat comfortably watching me, while nursing his third glass of tequila. I stayed close to Natasha and tried my best to make conversation. But I could just feel his burning stare on my back.
“So what’s with you and Daniel,” Natasha asked bluntly. She picked, at what was her third taco, with a fork and didn’t look up.
I was taken aback to say the least. “What do you mean.” I asked as innocently as I could.
She finally looked at me. “I mean you are usually so happy, and tonight you guys seem distant tonight. It might not be any of my business but I’m always here if you need to talk to someone.” Even if her words were so light the look of deep concern highlighted her light brown eyes.
I thought about telling her right then, letting it all out without thought. Before I could decide a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back and making me stumble a bit.
“What are you two lovely ladies talking over hear?” Daniel asked, keeping a grip on me. I couldn’t see him from behind me but I could smell the liquor permeate off his breath. It made my stomach lurch and a wave of fear wash over me.
“Oh, just girl stuff nothing special.” Natasha said, not noticing how his grip grew uncomfortably tight around me.
It was quiet between us for a moment. I tried my best to pry Daniel’s arms from around me without alerting Natasha, only the harder I pushed the tighter he squeezed.
“Hey, Natasha where are the other two. I thought this was a party?” Daniel asked, with slurred words.
She shifted uncomfortably but took the hint. “Um, I really don’t know. How about I go find them.” She exited the kitchen, shooting a hopeful look at me as she passed.
“Daniel, please not now.” I pleaded with a whisper.
I was only answered with a dark chuckle. Then in an instant I was being spun around. Only breaking contact for a second Daniel clasped his hands on my upper arms.
“You really thought you could just leave me. I told you, you would be come back to me if you like it or not. Coming here to play house was the worst mistake of your life.” He jerked me back and forth punctuating his every word. “You will always be mine and that’s something you will never forget.”
“I hate you. Get the hell out of here. I swear to god if you don’t let go of me-.” I was cut off by his hand whipping across my cheek. The same spot from the last time. This hurt more than anything. I had thought that that would be that last time Daniel would ever hit me. But I was wrong having the same action repeated was like falling back in to that hole I was just beginning to crawl out of.
“That’s what I thought,” he laughed, “now go get your shit and come on. You’re going back where you belong.”
I lowered my head, feeling defeated. But in the back of my mind I still told myself that I wouldn’t go out without a fight.
“I’m not going anywhere with you.” I whispered. Daniel simply laughed.
“Like hell you’re not. Go get all of your shit that you brought with you and get in my car.”
The few choices that I had seemed useless, but the little voice in me said not to give up. Before what I was doing processed it was already happening. I was screaming. Calling out for Brendon. Calling out for Spencer. Calling out for Natasha. Just calling out for help.
Daniel grew angrier. “Shut the hell up.” He yelled back at me. He clamped his hand over my mouth but I didn’t let that quiet me. Then he started to hit me relentlessly. When I didn’t stop he pushed me. I couldn’t catch myself.
Everything was happening so fast I didn’t even hear Brendon run in to the kitchen. It was too late. The cool granite of the counter cracked against the back of my head.
Stars exploded in front of my eyes. I felt bile rise in my throat. As much as I wanted to say something my body felt heavy and immobile. I grew cold, fast. I was fading.
“Elizabeth!” someone shouted.
“What the hell did you do you son of a bitch.” Another voice screamed.
I couldn’t tell whose was whose. Everything sounded so far away.
All I wanted was to let the dark blanket come over me. It seemed inviting. Hanging on was getting harder and harder.
A warm liquid oozed down my neck and down my back.
“Bren” I managed.
“Hush, it’s me Natasha. Just stay with me sweetie.”
I wanted to reach out to her. But she sound a hundred miles away.
I couldn’t stay. I had already drifted to far away. It just felt easier to let the dark wash over.
Sign up to rate and review this story