Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Is The Beat Of My Heart

10

by kristinluvspete

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-07-04 - 1716 words - Complete

?Blocked

Before 30 Bucket List

1. Learn to sew X
2. Take someone else’s drink at Starbucks X
3. Meet someone famous X
4. Learn to make sushi X
5. Swim in the ocean X
6. Get a tan X
7. Go on a date
8. Visit New York City
9. Visit Chicago
10. Take a road trip
11. Go camping X
12. Go dancing at a club X
13. Get a tattoo X
14. Ask a guy out/give a guy my number X
15. Kiss a stranger X
16. Have a one night stand
17. Fall in love
18. Sing karaoke X
19. Party all night in Las Vegas
20. Go skinny dipping
21. Crowd surf
22. Have sex in public
23. Slip'n'slide as an adult X
24. Get really drunk and throw up X
25. Play in the rain X



I woke up feeling really really hot. The sun was up now, so the warmth was back. Pete still had his arm around me with my hand in his. Butterflies flooded my stomach. He was still holding me! I honestly don't know what to think or do. On one hand I was definitely falling for Pete. On the other hand, I was terrified. Pete was still getting over his breakup with his ex-girlfriend and I didn't know how to handle these feelings. I am so afraid of getting hurt.

Pete stirred and shifted, stretching. I laid on my back and looked up at his face. His sleepy face and messy hair was adorable.

"Morning," he said, his voice a little rough.

"Morning," I replied. "Thanks for keeping me warm."

"Of course," he gave me a closed-mouth smile.

"Hey, I'm making pancakes," Brendon called from outside the tent.

"Okay, cool. Be there in a minute," Pete replied. I unzipped the sleeping bag, scooted out and sat on my sleeping bag before searching for some clothes. Pete pulled off his t-shirt and changed into a new one. "I'll let you change," he said softly with another sweet smile before leaving the tent, zipping it behind him. I let out a quiet sigh, feeling anxious.

I pulled Pete's hoodie off and my wrist fucking killed! It was really sore. I'd forgotten to check on it before bed last night because I was so cold. I changed my clothes and grabbed my ointment before removing the bandage. It was red and still looking pretty angry.

"Ow," I winced as I applied some ointment.

"You okay?" Pete asked from outside the tent.

"Yeah, it's just my wrist," I stated.

"You dressed?"

"Yeah," I answered and Pete unzipped the tent before climbing in.

"Let me see," he requested softly. I held out my wrist to him and he inspected it. He frowned a little and grabbed the ointment, putting a little more on as gently as possible. He grabbed my fresh bandage and put it on for me. "We'll put more ointment on it in a few hours. It's not infected, just really irritated."

"Thanks," I smiled at him. It warmed my heart that he cared about my well-being.

Later that evening, we all arrived back in LA. Pete dropped Sarah and Brendon off first before taking me home. We pulled up to my place and Pete put the car in park.

"Feel like hanging out? I was thinking about swimming," Pete stated and nervous energy flooded my system. Swimming... one of my items was skinny dipping. Was he wanting to do this?

"Um... sure. Just let me get my suit," I replied and he nodded. He didn't mention skinny dipping, so I felt a little more at ease. I hopped out of the car, taking my bags inside while Pete waited in the car. I began to feel disappointment that he hadn't said anything about skinny dipping. Did he even want to do that with me? I mean, he did try to kiss me, didn't he? Could I just be making all of this shit up in my head and reading into Pete's actions way too much? I shrugged off my negative emotions and grabbed my suit, heading back to Pete's car. It was dark by the time we got to Pete's.

"Want a beer?" Pete asked me as he walked into his kitchen.

"Sure." I leaned against the kitchen island and Pete handed me a beer, taking a drink of one himself. "Thanks."

"I'm going to get changed," he replied, taking his beer with him. I nodded and headed to the bathroom to change as well. I slipped on my black bandeau bikini and looked myself over in the mirror. I felt a little grimy from camping, so swimming would probably help.

I walked out to the pool and sat down with my legs in the water, drinking the beer. Pete came out a minute later with some towels. It was kind of dark with just the lights from his deck lighting the area.

"God it feels amazing out here," Pete commented as he set the towels and his beer down.

"No kidding. I haven't been swimming at night in forever."

"You know what's fun to do when swimming at night?" Pete asked with a mischievous look.

"Skinny dipping?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"How'd you know?" He faked surprise. "Why not cross off another item?"

"Why not," I replied, butterflies filling my stomach. I was just glad it was dark out here because Pete seeing me naked made me really nervous.

"No sense is waiting," Pete said right before he dropped his trunks and dove into the water. Holy shit! I just was Pete naked. My jaw literally dropped from both surprise and awe. God he was fucking sexy. Pete resurfaced and I quickly shut my mouth, not wanting him to see what he just did to me. "Well?" He asked me, treading water.

"I don't think I'm quite as bold as you," I said hesitantly. Pete just smiled.

"I'll turn around," he turned in the pool, giving me some privacy. I bit my lip nervously before undoing my top and sliding off my bottoms before slipping into the water. I glanced down and noticed that you couldn't really see because it was dark.

"Okay," I informed Pete that I was good. He turned around with a smile.

"Another check mark on the list." He swam closer to me and I splashed him. "What?"

"Trying to peek?" I accused and he just laughed.

"I'm a man, I can't help it," he replied. I shook my head and began swimming around, conscious of keeping my private areas under the water. After a few minutes of swimming around and talking, I swam back over to my beer and took a sip. It was shallow enough that I could stand with my shoulders exposed.

"This is actually pretty fun," I commented. To be honest, it was really turning me on to swim naked, especially since it was with Pete. Pete swam over and leaned against the wall next to me and grabbed his beer, taking a drink.

"So I was thinking that we could take a road trip to Vegas soon, knock a few more items off the list," Pete suggested. I couldn't help but smile. My life had been so different since that day I stole his coffee. "What?" He was smiling now.

"I was just thinking about how different my life is since I met you. I mean, I'm actually happy now. I don't think I would have been able to do all of this without your help," I stated.

"You've helped me too, you know." Pete replied softly. "I mean, you've helped me get over Meagan."

"How? By keeping you busy?" I was surprised by his statement.

"Allie... well, yes, I've been busy, but I've also had a ton of fun." Pete shifted in the water so he was standing about a foot in front of me, my back still against the wall of the pool.

"Well, good," I said, trying to lighten the suddenly serious mood this conversation had taken. Pete was looking at me that way again, just like he did in the rain. His eyes shifted towards my lips and I nearly panicked. I wasn't ready for this. The way he was looking at me pushed me over the line. With everything that Pete had been doing lately, I knew it was coming, but I never expected it to hit me like a ton of bricks. I am in love with Pete. I had to think of some way to get out of this situation because I was terrified. "My wrist is killing me," I lied.

Pete shifted his eyes from my lips and back to my eyes, concern evident. "Let's get out and take care of it," he said softly. I nodded and he climbed out of the pool, not caring that I was seeing his naked body. He covered himself with a towel and held one out to me. "I'll cover my eyes," he promised. I nodded and made my way to him, grabbing the towel and covering up quickly. We went inside and dressed. Pete was sitting on the couch when I exited the bathroom. He had some gauze padding and ointment sitting on the coffee table.

"It looks much better," Pete said softly as he applied ointment.

"I think the chlorine bugged my open wounds," I laughed lightly, trying to continue the lie. It honestly didn't hurt. Pete was being so gentle and it made my heart ache for him. God it was nearly all consuming, which is so terrifying.

"There," Pete gently rubbed the tape over my skin, adhering the bandage to my wrist.

"Thanks," I nearly whispered and pulled my hand back slowly to rest in my lap. "I'm getting tired," I stated so that I could go home.

"Let's go," he replied, grabbing the keys and we climbed into his car. We were silent for most of the car ride. Pete pulled up in front of my place and put the car in park. "Night, Allie."

"Night, Pete," I said and he leaned over, giving me a quick hug. I smiled afterwards and got out of the car without a word and hurried inside. I walked into my room and stared at the list on my wall. I put and X next to 20 and hesitated before putting the X next to 17. Thank god this list is for my eyes only.
Sign up to rate and review this story