Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Pride

Nation Building: Starting the Foundation

by TheLemonSage

In the two years since the 4th Great Shinobi War, the world has slowly slipped back into chaos. Having had his dream of becoming Hokage taken from him, he sets out to reshape the world in much the ...

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2014-11-10 - 10888 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine. Also this story is a lemon fiction therefore is intended for people of a legal age from wherever they come from. So if these type of stories offend then stop reading now. Thanks.


Chapter 5: Nation Building: Starting the Foundation

Time Skip to the Battle between Land of the Sun and Claw:

Kurotsuchi watched mesmerized as The Beast, what she was calling the man she believed was leading the women dressed as Lionesses decimating Iwa’s forces, came closer as if to claim her as his. She couldn’t exactly explain why her body refused to move, but attributed it to the man’s eyes which despite the fact that she was sitting before him in such a compromising position had yet to leave hers. Furthermore despite being blood red with beast like slits, they still had a wholly human quality to them. A quality which despite the carnage going on around her made her feel safe, but also excited in a way that she found slightly scary. Particularly as she could feel the wetness that she was sure had created a large dark spot on the red underwear that she was wearing and easily viewable to the man standing before her. A wetness that she wanted to further display as evident by her legs being the only part of her body that seemed capable of moving as she spread them further. A part of Kurotsuchi’s brain seemed to become animal like as she became aware of a sweet scent that became more prevalent the closer The Beast got as she began to consider and delight in the possibility that he would rip the panties from her body and take her right there on the battlefield.

However, the spell broke as The Beast was forced to look away as several Iwa shinobi appeared from the fog from behind as if to attack him. The sudden presence of her fellow shinobi caused her to clamp her legs shut as he turned his back on her to angle himself between the charging shinobi and her almost as if to protect her. Kurotsuchi found her hand moving towards her weapon pouch to pull a kunai which she could throw into his back, but she paused as she felt the cold steel. She couldn’t exactly explain her actions, but felt it might be because the three men charging The Beast and who she recognized as members of her reserve unit seemed more interested in getting past him then engaging him.

The Beast though was more than capable of forcing them to abandon such a goal as he reared his head back taking in a deep breath before bringing it forward. Yet rather than the massive wind bullet that she would have expected, she had trouble following the small wind projectile that emerged. She doubted that the Iwa-nin at the center of the charging men whose chest it connected even saw it at all as it traveled fast enough that it broke the sound barrier. The large thunderclap seemed out of place due to the little damage that appeared to be inflict to the man, but that didn’t last long as it exploded out his back in a spray of blood.

The two shinobi took their eyes off of their opponent for a moment to look to their comrade which proved to be a mistake as The Beast created a shadow clone which charged the two remaining men and grabbed them each by the face before he then slammed the back of their skulls into the ground. They made a sickening crunching sound before the clone dispersed. Kurotsuchi turned to flee the sight of her dead comrades being enough to remind her that she was likely to be next.

However, The Beast seemed to sense her fear stating in a voice that was gravelly and likely disguised, “Don’t run, I’m not here to hurt you.”

She wanted to retort, but decided not to waste the time as she spun to escape. She returned to her feet as she prepared to make a break for it but an Iwa kunoichi burst out of the fog followed by two more men. This time there was no mistake that their target wasn’t The Beast as they ran straight at Kurotsuchi. She recognized the woman that had been in her reserve unit as well, as were the two men following in her wake.

She quickly realized their purpose wasn’t to help, but to assassinate her even at the expense of their own lives. She figured that the current Tsuchikage wasn’t taking any chances that relatives of the past Kages couldn’t build the supported needed to challenge him and so was using the opportunity to eliminate them. She knew that she was already dead as the woman that was charging her had the Explosive Chakra Kekkei Genkai and already had her fist cocked back to deliver her explosive palm technique.

However, The Beast appeared in front of her and held up his hand prompting Kurotsuchi to warn him, “Stop they’re after me.”

“I know,” he replied as she noticed the air before him becoming almost visible as it began to move faster and faster as if drawn to something forming in his palm. As it began to take shape, it seemed as if a wall of spinning air had formed before them.

If the charging kunoichi was impressed she didn’t show it as she threw a punch which her chakra turned into an explosive wave that washed over them. Kurotsuchi fell back as even though the wind barrier protected them, deflecting the power of the jutsu around them. It still caused a strong wave of wind to wash over them which toppled her over. However, The Beast seemed completely unaffected even as the fur cloak that he wore flapped in the wind being kicked up which exposed his well-defined and muscular back to her gaze. That wasn’t the only thing to be exposed as the hood that he wore fell away exposing his yellow hair.

When the kunoichi’s jutsu ended, Kurotsuchi took a great deal of satisfaction in seeing the woman’s eyes grow wide from them standing before her unharmed. A metal kunai appeared in The Beast’s other hand as his protective jutsu ended which he plunged into the woman’s throat. The two men that were supposed to back her up looked at each other, and turned to escape. Yet, another of the women dressed in the lioness garb appeared between them in a low crouch.

She knew the kunoichi was one that she had yet to see previously as around the calf of her left leg was an additional piece of armor that looked to be made of bone to which the sheath of a sword was fastened. The two men that she had appeared between moved to grab for their weapons but she said, “Oh it’s much too late for that.”

Kurotsuchi then noticed the glint of chakra strings which were fasted to the woman’s hands and ran around the two men’s necks. Pulling them, the strings sliced through their flesh like a hot knife through butter causing the heads to fall one way as the bodies fell another.

The woman stood between the corpses that she had just created staring intensely at The Beast giving Kurotsuchi the impression that they were communicating. She nodded, before darting back into the Fog but not before pulling the blade fastened to her leg and slicing open the throat of a man that appeared to attack her.

Kurotsuchi watched The Beast pull his hood back up before turning towards her. Aware that she was in a similar position as before where he could get an eyeful of her drenched crotch, she nonetheless didn’t feel any embarrassment. But there was a small hitch in her voice as she asked, “W-why would you save me?”

“Because you were discarded by your home,” The Beast replied kneeling before her. Reaching out he cupped her cheek causing her to close her eyes and bask in the warmth she felt from his tender touch. “If they don’t want you, then I’m going to claim you as mine, and we’ll build a new one together.”

The next thing Kurotsuchi knew she was being cradled in his strong arms as he began carrying her away from the front easily moving through the fog. “W-where are we going?”

“Someplace where we will not be disturbed,” The Beast replied causing Kurotsuchi to become quite aware that her pussy was creating even more lubricant as it interpreted what was going to happen once they were alone.

****************************

Resuming where chapter 4 left off:

Naruto watched the fire crackle that he had set to keep the animals away. Kayo’s nude body was still pressed into his side as she slept contently. He smiled as she held him a little tighter. But he soon looked up feeling a few vestiges of worry arise as Ahri had not made her appearance yet. He did feel as if something was watching them, so moving carefully he managed to pull free of Kayo’s grip. He created several Shadow clones one of which took his place with the Wife of Honey’s Daimyo. However, her husband wouldn’t be complaining seeing as Naruto had ripped his throat out for trying to kill Kayo. He had also unleashed Kurama’s spirit to take possession of the man’s mistress’s body, who to go along with her new form had taken the name Ahri.

However, that had been several hours ago and dawn would be breaking soon with no sign of his Bijuu and he expected soon to be lover. Deciding to try and track her down, he stepped into the shadows before activating his Chakra Cloak. He tried to sense any malice nearby, but unfortunately couldn’t sense anything directed towards him. He sighed as the only malice he could feel couldn’t accurately even be considered as such due to it belonging to animals simply trying to kill in order to survive. As such it didn’t even really work against animals targeting him, but did let him know if they were close by alerting him to the fact that he might be a target. Therefore, he tended to need to rely on his normal senses as well as those honed from his being in a profession where death came from the shadows.

Naruto felt those senses warning him that he was being watched now, but he couldn’t get an accurate sense from where although he had an idea of the direction. Following his instincts he moved towards the mouth of the valley where he had killed Kayo’s husband. As he approached he felt the presence that he had felt begin to retreat. Naruto frowned, wishing he had put his pants back on and brought the spear he had carried, but pressed on figuring the pants would do little to protect him from a beasts claws. Moving deeper, he came to the spot where he had saved Kayo. He had sent clones to clean up the area and discard the bodies further away to prevent any predators from being attracted to the area.

The frown he wore deepened, as he couldn’t find any sight nor sense the presence of what he thought he had been following. He sighed, but then suddenly leapt to the side as an orb of chakra flew past where he had been standing. Landing on his feet he spun to see Ahri standing behind him and looking as she had in his seal although dressed as the Daimyo’s mistress had been. Confused, and wondering if somehow the woman had come out the victor in the struggle for her body he asked, “Kurama, what are you doing?”

“I thought I asked you to call me, Ahri,” she said as the ball of chakra returned to her which she caught before it faded.

Receiving confirmation that the woman was most likely the Bijuu that he had contained, he felt a sense of betrayal at her actions. For a moment, he wondered if everything had been just to attain her freedom, but it quickly faded as he recalled her statement about his being worthy to be her mate. Understanding the truth of his Bijuu, he believed that while she wanted to mate with him. He still needed to prove that he was worthy so he straightened up, which caused a predatory smile to appear on Ahri’s face as a similar one began to take shape on his.

Alluding to his suspicions he said, “I’m guessing you are going to make me earn the privilege of being your mate.”

“That’s right,” Ahri said petting the tail that rose up behind her, “You are the greatest man I have ever known, but I will not submit to you if you can’t force me too… again.”

Ahri then charged, before she reached him though several tails appeared from behind her as chakra surrounded her body. Then like a chakra comet she flew at him but Naruto rolled to the side to avoid the attack. Leaping to his feet as she landed, he quickly closed the distance as she turned towards him conjuring and then throwing another orb. Naruto, tried to avoid it, but it hit him causing him to feel as if his chakra had been drained. Fighting the lethargy, he dropped down just as the orb returned passing over his head.

Ahri, smiled as she raised her hands above her head creating three floating flames that circled around her before darting towards him. Naruto leapt back evading each, before activating his chakra cloak as he landed. The Human-fox hybrid held back her hand generating another orb that she threw, but no sooner did it leave her hand then Naruto moved quickly daring behind her. She canceled her jutsu hoping to move away, but Naruto sent forth a chakra claw that grabbed her around the torso before whipping her back into the rock wall behind him.

Ahri whimpered as she slammed into it and fell to the ground. Naruto dispersed the chakra claw before slow walking up to the prone red-head. As soon as he got within range she leaped up to her feet swiping at him with her sharp nails, but Naruto easily avoided them before grabbing her around the wrist when she missed with one of her attacks. Pulling her off balance, he grabbed her by the hair and then pushed her face first into the ground. He hadn’t done so with enough force to harm her, but did so in order that he could ripe away the fancy robe that she was wearing. Holding her down he pulled the back of the robe causing it to tear away from her body in order to reveal the naked splendor of the Bijuu turned human.

Ahri’s tails began to wrap around him as she still struggled against the arm holding her down, but all movement from her ceased as he used his free hand to pet her wet slit. Ahri let out a moan, but then tried to redouble her struggles until he began to more insistently rub her wet cunt. Naruto noticed the ears on her head begin to flatten as her tails began to fade until only the one remained.

Naruto’s nostrils filled with the scent of Ahri’s arousal causing his dick to swell as he began to feel the urge to plant his seed in her womb. Sensing the fight had left her as she was beginning to succumb to her desires. Naruto wrapped her long red-ponytail around his hand before gripping her hip with the other and pushing roughly inside her. Ahri raised her head as she cried out from being impaled on his cock and having her hymen torn. Naruto shuddered from the feeling of claiming a new lover before beginning to eagerly introduce her to the pleasure of being his mate.

He pulled her head back by her ponytail so that she rose up to her knees as he continued to pump his cock inside her. Using the other hand he reached around and began fondling her tit as she looked over her shoulder with her tongue hanging out. A tongue which he began to tease with his own until they were sloppily kissing.

Countless millennia of existence couldn’t prepare Ahri for the pleasures that she was feeling at the moment due to her insides gripping Naruto’s shaft and which resisted his efforts to extract it even though he would be plunging back inside seconds later. As his cock began to knock into Ahri’s womb, the human Bijuu began to regret leaving Naruto unable to impregnate her. It would have been an easy fix, but ultimately she knew there would be quite a few angry women should she get knocked up.

Naruto let go of her torso causing her to fall forward onto her forearms as Naruto gripped her hips and began pulling her into his powerful thrusts. She bit her lip to stop from screaming, but as his right hand slipped around her to begin teasing her clit, she moaned, “So good…. This… this feels so good. You’re so deep inside.”

Naruto grunted in agreement before pulling out causing her to moan from the lack of friction inside her. Yet, it didn’t last long as Naruto flipped her onto her back before plunging himself back inside pulling a pleased shout from his Bijuu’s mouth. A mouth he covered with his own as he leaned forward with the back of her knees resting on his shoulders and as such ended up folding her nearly in half. The thunderclaps of their flesh meeting filled the gorge as Naruto kept pounding her furiously while their tongues danced with each other.

Ahri’s tail began to swing between Naruto’s legs and the feeling of the soft orange-red fur tickling his testicles caused him groan as he fought from cumming . “K…Kurm… Ahri… if you don’t stop…”

“Go ahead,” Ahri said contently feeling something which had been building inside her on the verge of popping. “You can still cum inside…”

Naruto gave her a pleased smirk but said rather possessively, “That was never in doubt.”

He groaned as he felt Ahri’s love canal begin to squeeze him like a vice as her orange eyes glossed over with lust at being so thoroughly claimed. The added friction caused Naruto to lose his control resulting in him burying his cock as deeply as he could before flooding her womb with his seed. Ahrihi screamed out her climax before clamping her teeth into his shoulder. Naruto hissed in pain as she bit him hard enough that they pierced his flesh, but then he arched his back even more, pushing himself even deeper insider her, as he felt a surge of power pass through him. The sensation was enough to cause him to cum yet again as the sensation of pain, pleasure, and raw power mixed inside him.

Ahri went slack beneath him as the sensation passed causing Naruto to fall back. He stared at his glassy-eyed Bijuu, who wore a contented smile, before reaching up to his shoulder where he found the bit mark was already healed. He wondered what exactly had happened as he tried to place the somewhat familiar sensation. It didn’t take him long though as although it had lacked the pain or pleasure, the last time he had felt a similar surge of power had been when the Sage of the Six Paths had chosen to give both him and Sasuke the power needed to defeat Kaguya.

He intended to give the matter more thought, but found concentrating difficult as a recovered Ahri began licking the sensitive head of his cock. He groaned due to her tongue feeling slightly rougher than a normal human’s. Still, the pleasure it sent coursing through him was all he could concentrate on as she began to swirl it around his cockhead before swallowing him. She bobbed her head a few times, copying the movements that she had recalled from being in control of Naruto’s body when Tsunade had sucked him. Although she knew she wouldn’t be able to take his length as deeply as the former Hokage had. Yet that truthfully wasn’t her goal as she let him slip free of her lips before climbing onto all fours again.

Looking over her shoulder she was pleased to see that her mate didn’t need for any greater invitation then that as he quickly kneeled behind her again. She cried out when he buried his dick all the way inside her with a single thrust as he stirred up the cum he already had deposited inside her with the intent to deposit more. The Bijuu basked in the feeling of being taken again even as some part of her wondered what had passed between them during her first climax. However, as her former host and now lover began to fondle her breasts sending pleasant shivers through her that began adding to the building the pleasure bubble within. She let the matter drop as she figured that if the sensation didn’t repeat then it might have greater significance then what typically accompanied an orgasm. Looking forward to testing her theory she began to throw herself back against him hoping to cause the bubble inside her to burst again and be transported to the land of pleasure once more.

*****************************
Kayo was a little surprised at how at ease she felt as she stepped into the poacher’s camp that the women that made up Naruto’s Pride called home. She noticed many of the women look up to appraise her and who much like Naruto were wearing worn clothes cut to last just a little longer. She didn’t get the sense that it was to protect their modesty so much as if to maintain the last vestiges of the civilization they were currently living separate from. Naturally the gazes seemed to linger on the naked human-fox hybrid walking next to the man that they all shared.

A pink-haired woman smiled as she approached them before wrapping her arms around her blond lover’s neck and kissed him hungrily. When she pulled away leaving a trail of salvia connecting their tongues which broke as she looked at Kayo and said to her lover, “Welcome back, but when you said you were going hunting. I was under the impression it was for a different type of game.”

Naruto rubbed the back of his head in semi-embarrassment, but also with a hint of pride, “Well, that was the plan when I left.”

The pinkette smiled before focusing on the red-headed fox hybrid and stated, “I’m guessing you would be…”

“Ahri,” the woman said offering her hand, “I think it a properly feminine name for this new life that I’m embarking on.”

“Of course,” the woman said before focusing on Kayo. She looked at Naruto expectantly, but he didn’t seem to get the hint so said, “Hi, I’m Sakura. I’ll be sharing this loveable knucklehead with you.”

“A pleasure,” Kayo said accepting the hand Sakura offered, “I’m Kayo, the former wife of the Daimyo from the Land of Honey.”

The woman noticed a look of interest pass through Sakura’s eyes as she addressed her question to her lover, “That’s interesting, and what exactly happened to her husband?”

“He tried to divorce her using a crossbow. He learned it was a mistake to do so in my territory,” Naruto said matter of factly.

Kayo noticed the green-eyed woman’s gaze take on a look of lust and desire which seemed to suggest that she was moments away from humping him right there. However, another voice called out, “Naruto, are these silly costumes really necessary.”

Before Naruto could respond to a topless Tsunade’s question as she was being fitted for hers, Karui said huffily, “Hey, they aren’t silly.”

Naruto smiled as he approached his lovers and said, “I can understand why you wouldn’t want to wear them. After all, who in their right mind would ask you to hide away your beauty?” Tsunade blushed from Naruto’s statement before he answered her question, “But, the reason for these outfits is to prevent our enemies from knowing exactly who they are facing. Whenever we leave our home, I want them questioning who it is they are going up against. It’s just a small advantage that we will need to exploit to keep anyone that faces us off balance. It should also serve to prevent people from learning who are living here once the wall is built.”

Naruto watched Tsunade sigh as she replied, “We can’t hide forever.”

“This isn’t us hiding,” the blond man said, “The entire reason for choosing this area was to create a place where we can live away from the prying eyes and schemes the rest of the world wants to engage in.”

“If you truly want to remain separate from the world that’s all well and good,” Tsunade said crossing her arms over her chest, “Nobody deserves it more than you, but then you should consider Sakura’s plan because a wall isn’t going to cut it.”

Sakura seemed rather happy as she stepped up saying, “It would seem that he’s coming around as this is Kayo, and she was married to the Daimyo of Honey.”

Naruto noticed his lovers seemed pleased by the revelation since they had discussed Sakura’s plan to build a village or nation, and only he had truly been against it. Mainly, because he did want to retire behind the wall he planned to build around their current home and forget the outside world existed to concentrate on building a family. He feared to do otherwise would pull him into the larger conflicts that were brewing, and that had been one of the reasons that he had hesitated to take Kayo as a lover if only for a moment. In the end Naruto was simply tired of being the only one that seemed to care about maintaining the peace that had been won with Kaguya’s defeat.

A part of him wondered if perhaps there was another Black Zetsu out there silently manipulating events to once more return her to the world and if so wouldn’t it be better for him to head it off now. But in all honesty, he felt that explanation was too simple as it discounted the fact that the world was filled with ambitious people. People who saw a chance to make their own marks on history and knew the quickest and easiest way to do so was to reshape the world through war. After all, it hadn’t been Black Zetsu that had made the world violent, he had just helped steer that violence or capitalized on it in ways that benefitted him. Sadly, it was the people of the world that owned the blame for the current state of things. Zetsu had just been a convenient scapegoat that everyone could blame the past hatreds on after the war.

Luckily for Naruto before he had to rehash the same argument over why he didn’t want to become the head of a Shinobi Village or Country, Kayo stepped in saying, “I simply married into my position. With my husband dead there are any number of his relatives that will be clamoring to take his position.”

She could see a look of disappointment spread throughout the women and briefly wondered why it had meant so much to them. But before she could inquire Naruto said, “Let me show you two where we’ll be living. It isn’t much, but I have big plans for it.”

As Ahri and Kayo walked by, the purple-haired Princess heard Sakura say under her breath, “You aren’t the only one with plans you knucklehead.”

****************************

Shizune carried a bucket of water from the filtration system that the poachers had set up, but that she had improved upon. She smiled as she recalled Naruto’s comments about how all the crap jobs that Shinobi got as genin seemed to finally be paying off as they turned the poachers’ camp underneath the rock formation into more of an underground home and as Naruto continued to excavate it she imagined castle would be a more accurate description in time.

Stepping out of the kitchen, she walked towards the main hall and smiled as she saw a line of Naruto’s passing buckets of dirt to each other to be dumped outside. She paused though to look down a tunnel that looked as if it had been dug by a wild animal. In a sense she suppose it had been as Ahri had created it in a single night, and she suspected half the reason it looked so uninviting was the purpose for the hanging roots that had been left in place. Naruto had offered to cover the tunnel in stone, but the Bijuu had refused stating she preferred an earthier feel to her warren. The name had been something that stuck, which is what most of the women called their home now.

Shizune wondered what the Bijuu was doing in the room she had created at the end of the tunnel, but at present very few had ventured to find out. It wasn’t that anyone was scared to, only that the Bijuu had seemed to value her privacy. Not that it stopped her from sleeping in the master bedroom at night of which all the women shared along with the man they all cared for.

The bed they all shared consisted of a giant circular mattress which they had made and resided at the center of a stepped down depression in the deepest room in the Warren. It was there that all the women slept usually arrayed around Naruto. Sections of the steps were also covered in mattresses in case some of the women preferred sleeping, rather than engaging in the normal nighttime activities that took place almost every night. Activities designed to help give them the same precious gift that Naruto had given her from their first time together, yet due to Ahri’s meddling had yet to be repeated. A fact which Shizune knew bothered some of the women of The Pride seeing as they felt Naruto’s current decision to hide away from the public as not something which was going to make Ahri undo what she had done to prevent him from impregnating the women he had taken as mates.

Shizune stepped outside and squinted as her eyes adjusted to the sun. She smiled as she watched the man she now deeply loved directing his clones that were using the dirt and clay he had excavated to build the foundation of the large wall he planned to encircle the Warren with. The dark haired woman did feel some of her cheer fade as she noticed just how much of the fortification he had already finished. The reason being that she felt it was a rebuke of the world at large that the father of her child was intending to sequester himself from it. Her feelings she admitted were also do the fact that she agreed with Tsunade and Sakura in that building a wall wasn’t going to prevent them from getting caught up in the chaos that was bound to be unleashed sooner or later. She, much like all of his mates, knew that for the greedy and ambitious leaders feeding the hostility brewing between villages and countries, Naruto represented a wild card that needed to be dealt with or contained. Moreover, once they located him then they wouldn’t be able to trust that he would remain isolated in the Savanna forever. Sooner or later some force would come to deal with them and Shizune hated to admit it, but she doubted that even with Naruto’s strength they would be able to escape unscathed.

The thought didn’t frighten her in the usual sense as it was an unknown fear related to the tiny life growing inside her. A life which was becoming more and more the focus of her world and was why she agreed that in order to best protect it, then The Pride would need to grow its territory to encompass much more than the wall currently being built. An outcome that she knew Sakura was still working on.

Looking around the soon to be walled encampment, Shizune watched as the various women performed tasks that they had taken upon themselves to make their home more livable or defendable. Karui was busy sewing the uniforms for the women that she had taken measurements for. The medic-nin much like her teacher would admit that she found the idea of wearing the uniforms a little silly, but she understood that it was to confuse any spies as to which woman had joined Naruto as well as how many ended up living behind the wall being erected around the Warren. Still, a few like Karui, Sakura, and surprisingly even Mebuki enjoyed the idea. They figured that in time the sight of a woman wearing the lioness uniform would send the same chills down the enemies’ spines as a hunter-nin mask did to missing-nin.

Her gaze switched from Karui to Tenten, who like the dark-skinned Cloud-nin, was using the remains of the animals killed by the poachers to complete her task which was to create weapons. Naturally the bone weapons wouldn’t stand up to metal ones, not without being augmented by chakra, but again it was about creating an image that would intimidate those seeking to harm The Pride rather than directly confronting them. Not that they were hurting for metal weapons as they had used a good deal of the unmarked money they had stolen from the Bounty Office to stock up on arms.

From there she switched her focus to Ino as she attended to the garden that she had planted and was being aided by Hinata. It wasn’t the only task that the two kunoichi worked together in as between the two of them it was their job to provide all the early warning the group needed of people that would need to be dealt with or scared off. While Hinata’s ability in this regard was easy enough to understand, Ino did so by sending her spirit into the various wildlife and scouting the area. Due to the terrain by sending her spirit into some of the hawks that called the area home, she could see for miles around in order to locate the various hunting parties or travelers passing through the area.

Shizune began watching Kayo, who did seem a little out of place as she bounced between helping Sakura and Tsunade as they cultivated some of the herbs and plants into medicines by gathering the items they called out before moving over to Tenten in order to fetch her some of the leather strips that she had already finished curing to complete her bone shuriken. It wasn’t just due to the fact that her clothes were newer looking due to them not being constantly worn and cared for as some of the other women had literally joined them with just the clothes on their backs. It was tied to the fact that she just came from a different world then the rest of The Pride. In essence where the other women had sort of just fallen into their tasks based on their skill sets. Kayo was like a puzzle piece that had yet to find where exactly she fit in.

It was a state of being that Shizune found she could relate to as well since she wasn’t quite sure what her role would be in the future. She didn’t think that it would be joining the other women in fighting, at least not unless desperately needed. The dark-haired medic couldn’t exactly explain why she felt her place wouldn’t be among the other kunoichi, especially as in time it was fully expected that they too would become mothers and thus have just as much reason to remain behind. Yet, Shizune couldn’t deny that among the women currently tied to Naruto that she was perhaps middle of the pack at best in terms of fighting strength. However, she felt that her many years of being an attendant might provide a sense of stability for the future children of The Pride. That in a sense she would come to be viewed as a mother to all of them so that they didn’t feel neglected as their Father and Mothers left to perform tasks or missions important to the survival of their family.

Shizune hadn’t really discussed the matter with anyone yet as it still felt a little ways off before she came to a decision. But, she couldn’t deny that as the signs of her pregnancy became more and more visible, especially as she was just beginning to show, it felt as if the path she saw before her was becoming more likely than less.

Her eyes returned to Naruto as he berated a pair of clones for breaking on of the stones he had other shadow clones mining from a limestone quarry he had established. The large blocks would be used around the packed earth, before a final layer of cement would be added to the outside of the rocks. He ceased though as he looked up and their eyes met. He smiled brightly before noticing the bucket in her hand and so after giving his clones the task of breaking down the broken block further so as to be used as filler for the wall. He trotted over to her, and she had to smack his hand as he reached to take the bucket from her.

Rubbing the abuse appendage he said, “Hey, I was just trying to lessen the burden of the woman carrying my child.”

Shizune smiled but replied, “I’m not an invalid you know. I’m only just reaching the end of the first trimester. I’m still more than able to perform tasks around our home. I’ll let you know when you can start treating me as royalty.”

Naruto chuckled before reaching into her kimono to place his hand on the just starting to form baby bump. “This is still so new to me. You can’t blame a guy for wanting to baby the mother of his child.”

“It’s new for both of us,” Shizune said leaning forward placing a light kiss against his lips. Pulling the ladle from inside the bucket she placed it in Naruto’s hand as she said, “Now drink so the father of my baby doesn’t give himself heatstroke from working too hard.” Naruto did as instructed thirstily downing the contents before going back for seconds. Placing the ladle back inside he caused Shizune to emit a startled, “Epp,” as he slapped her butt before moving to help his clones position one of the stone blocks that were to be used later.

Shizune moved on to bring some water to the others noticing that Samui and Mebuki were returning with an antelope that they had killed. Looking forward to the feast that would follow, she moved quickly to rehydrate the others as she wanted to watch Mebuki prepare the animal hoping that someday she’d be able to give The Pride’s children the same delicious meals that she had enjoyed for the past few months which had been prepared by Sakura’s mother.

*****************************

Ahri was crouched over a stone table that she had made from some of the discarded material being used to construct the wall. The room was dimly lit by torches and with the hanging roots even she admitted it gave off a rather eerie feeling. It wasn’t that she was trying to be anti-social, but having spent nearly a hundred years in isolation with only the occasional conversation with her hosts. She felt that she got her best thinking done when alone.

Laid out before her was a map she had found among the items the Pride had stored which had belonged to one of the poachers they had killed when taking the Warren. She had marked eight spots on it and although only a guess. She believed that when her fellow Bijuu reformed, even if they didn’t do so at the spots she had indicated that sooner or later they would head to them. The reasoning behind her theory was that each of the Bijuu had been rather territorial, and so had favored certain areas of the Elemental Nations. Furthermore, they had chosen the areas to remain away from civilization since in the past getting spotted had generally meant that soon after they would be attacked by humans looking to gather their power. Still, in time even if the Bijuu escaped they would soon wander back to the areas they favored, one such one being the Lake that Isobu had appeared at.

Ahri felt a draft and could smell fresh air so looked over her shoulder and watched as one of the shadows being cast by the torches darkened and seemed to solidify as it no longer seemed to exist solely due to the light of the flames. A moment later Naruto stepped through before the shadow began to dance in time with the flickering torches.

“How far away were you this time?” the Bijuu asked.

“I was down by the quarry,” Naruto said, “It’s getting easier to control.”

Ahri nodded as she said, “That’s to be expected. In time you might be able to access entirely new dimensions just as Kaguya was.”

Naruto nodded, but then asked, “Do you believe that would be a product of time alone, or…”

“Or from you collecting and fucking my fellow Bijuu,” Ahri said with an amused smirk fully facing away from the table to stare at her mate.

“Is it really necessary for me to have sex with them?”

Ahri shrugged before stating, “Probably not, although we do not know why you unlocked this ability from your sleeping with me. But why mess with success?”

“Perhaps because the other Bijuu might not wish to go along with it,” Naruto said looking back at the shadow he had entered through. Focusing on it again, he watched it darken before almost seeming to open starting from the center with the panels of the “doorway” sliding up and down. From his experiments with Ahri, he knew to her it still looked like a darkened doorway. Yet to him it looked like a window had opened. Seeing his point of origin the quarry which he had run to in order to check on his clones there as well as to sneak back via his new jutsu. He blinked and the view shifted to the kitchen of the Warren where Mebuki was teaching Shizune how to cook. Reaching out he grabbed one of the sliced wild watermelons before pulling his hand back in and shutting the doorway down. Beginning to eat it, he turned back to his Bijuu lover to state, “Besides which, wouldn’t your fellow Bijuu just want to be left alone.”

“It might not be that simple,” Ahri said walking closer to Naruto before licking some watermelon juice from his chin. “I believe the Sage of the Six paths dispersed my fellow Bijuu’s corporal forms because he didn’t like either your or Sasuke’s answer to his question of how you planned to go forward. Or it’s possible that perhaps one of you lied about what you originally told him.”

“I’m assuming you are referring to Sasuke,” Naruto said drily.

“No kidding,” Ahri replied sarcastically, “I just don’t know why the old man wouldn’t call him on it. Perhaps he hoped that given time the lie would become reality.”

“There’s no proof that Sasuke lied about wishing to move forward with his life and to leave his hate behind in order to help guide people to a peaceful world,” Naruto stated earning a disbelieving gaze from the red-head.

She shrugged though before continuing, “Believe what you want. But something made the Sage remove the Bijjuu and it’s likely also why the abilities that he gave you two faded.”

Naruto finished the fruit before crossing his arms stating, “Yes because he knew that I was eventually going to be condemned as a missing-nin and would eventually rediscover the power by sleeping with you.”

“A portion of the power,” Ahri corrected. “Granted, he likely didn’t know exactly how it would happen. But I believe that it is likely that he’s decided to see which of you would hold true to your stated beliefs. Once the other Bijuu begin to return it will likely kick off a new round of wars to possess them. I know you would move to defend them, but if Sasuke wasn’t telling the truth then he is going to try to take them for himself. If he does that then it might be possible he also will recover the powe that he used to seal Kaguya.”

Naruto frowned before stating angrily, “God dammit. I don’t want to get pulled into this shit again.”

Ahri sighed sadly before reaching out to cup his whiskered cheek responding, “I know. It might not be necessary since you only recovered a sliver of it from me. Therefore, it is possible that without the complete set even should Sasuke discover the truth. His efforts will ultimately prove to be useless. Plus don’t forget all the villages are going to be scrambling for them so they might not all end up in Sasuke’s hands anyway.”

“Instead if I do nothing I doom them to be used as weapons again,” Naruto said seeing his plans to remain isolated falling apart.

“Not necessarily,” Ahri replied, “The other Bijuu’s consciousnesses are still sealed inside you. You can hear them when you are in Sage mode after all.”

“But won’t they return to their bodies when they reform,” Naruto asked.

“I don’t think so,” the Fox Bijuu answered, “The Sage must have known that his actions might start new conflicts to possess them. But my fellow Bijuu choose to put their faith in you and as such I don’t think they will be extracted. But that does present another set of problems.”

“Which are?”

“Well you’ll have massive chakra beasts with no active consciousness guiding them suddenly reforming and in all likelihood being attacked soon after,” Ahri said. “If you think it was bad in the past. Imagine what it could be like without an active or sentient consciousness holding back our power.”

“Really,” Naruto said arching an eyebrow, “What you did to Konoha was you holding back?”

“No,” Ahri admitted, “But keep in mind that I was summoned into the middle of your village and under Obito’s control. I never actively sought out your villages much like my other Bijuu didn’t. That likely won’t be the case this time around simply because they will not have the wisdom to stay away.”

Naruto nodded before asking, “Should we discuss this matter with the other Bijuu then?”

“Perhaps after we talk with you other mates about what we should do.”

“Then I’ll call everyone together,” Naruto said turning to leave. “I’m not comfortably about leaving them in the dark about my new abilities.”

“I know, and I do appreciate you coming to me first,” Ahri said. “However, please hold off for a little while longer.”

“Why?”

“Before we talk about it with everyone and hear their opinions. I want to try and put together a means of detecting the other Bijuu once their forms reappear. From there we can decide whether to get involved or to stay out of it.”

Naruto nodded before turning to leave down the tunnel. He stopped as Ahri cleared her throat and upon looking at her was told, “Aren’t you supposed to be down at the Quarry. People might wonder why they didn’t notice you return.”

Sighing and not enjoying the sneaking around, he reactivated the doorway so that he could teleport back only to have to return through conventional means. Stepping from a shadow at the stone quarry where his clones were mining the blocks to be used in the construction of the wall, Naruto leaned back against the wall after the shadow returned to normal. He hated keeping secrets from his lovers, but in truth he knew that most of them would encourage him to take an active role in the events to come. However, a large part of him just didn’t care any longer. He had after all tried to prevent what had felt like an inevitable slide into chaos, but now that he stood on the cusp of fatherhood he just didn’t want to get involved in what truthfully felt like other people’s problems. He felt he was entitled to a life that didn’t involve him getting pulled into another round of fighting. After all, he had abandoned his desire to be the Hokage in favor of being with his precious lovers. But what truly annoyed and angered him the most was that if Ahri’s theory was true. Then it was likely that the fight between him and Sasuke that had been avoided right after Kaguya’s sealing had in truth merely been postponed until a future date.

Pushing off the wall he began to return home hoping that Ahri was wrong and that Sasuke hadn’t lied about his true intentions simply to put himself into a better position to unleash some nefarious plot. However, having learned from Ino about how he had seduced her only to abandon her after she had given up her chance to run the Yamanaka Clan, Naruto couldn’t deny that he had perhaps been a little too trusting in regards to Sasuke’s sudden reversal. He just hoped that it wouldn’t become a mistake that his family ultimately came to pay for.

****************************
Sakura watched Naruto snore contently at the center of a mass of bodies which until about an hour before had been writhing in pleasure. She had opted out of joining in to instead sleep on one of the mattresses of the levels leading down to the main bed. She had claimed that it was because she had felt unwell, but in truth it was because she knew that if she had joined in she would be in a similar state as the other women and thus too tired to put her plan in motion.

Her gaze drifted to Kayo, who her entire plan hinged around as Ino had informed her that there were search parties looking for the wife of the Daimyo. Furthermore, it had seemed that the men looking for her had been pleased upon finding the remains of their leader. But in turn they had seemed genuinely concerned for her wellbeing. Moreover, while inhabiting the body of a hawk Ino had overheard a conversation between two of the men which had seemed to indicate they hoped to find her alive in order to prevent another of the Daimyo’s family from assuming control of the throne.

Kayo had been aware of how much her husband had been despised by his court and his subjects a feeling only matched by the disdain they had for the rest of his relatives due to the extravagant and selfish lifestyles that they indulged in. That had been why Kayo had worked diligently to be a force of good for her adopted home and because at first her husband had seemed like a good man. Something which made her rather beloved, and if the men and women looking for her had their way she would become the next Daimyo.

Something Sakura felt would help force Naruto to accept that in order to best protect his family then he would need to acquire a different kind of power. The kind of power that didn’t necessarily make Kage shiver, but the men that held their leashes. The Daimyo of the Five Great Nations and numerous smaller ones might not hold any qualms about attacking a small camp in the middle of nowhere. But if they found that to get to Naruto that they would first have to face an entire nation, well that she was sure would force even the most foolish of Daimyo to question such a course of action.

But first she had to convince Kayo to go along with her plans. Luckily, the woman didn’t have the stamina of the others and had been one of the first to pull out of the orgy that often erupted before they went to bed. Moving to the level that Kayo had collapsed on after extracting herself, Sakura placed her hand over the woman’s mouth causing her eyes to snap open. They relaxed as she recognized Sakura, who whispered, “I need to talk with you. Can we go outside?”

Kayo nodded and quietly followed Sakura up the steps where they then headed to the entrance. Upon reaching it, Kayo asked, “Is everything alright?”

“Yes,” Sakura answered, “There is just a matter that I wish to discuss with you.”

“I see,” Kayo said worriedly, “Is it about my perhaps not fitting in?”

“What!?” Sakura said wondering why the woman felt that, “No. Do you honestly feel that way?”

“A little,” Kayo answered. Seeing Sakura’s face take on a look of concern she quickly stated, “It isn’t due to anything you or the others have said or done. It’s just all the rest of you work so efficiently together that I kind of feel like a fifth wheel at times.”

“Your worth to us isn’t determined by what you contribute,” Sakura said kindly causing the woman to smile.

But a moment later she countered, “Yet, one can’t help but want to contribute more than just being the gopher for you and the others.”

Sakura smiled in return remembering her own feelings of uselessness during her early days as a genin but said, “That I can understand, but perhaps like Shizune has suggested when more of us have given Naruto children, it would be beneficial to have a few act as mothers to all them. Not to take the actual mother’s place but to create a feeling that we are a big family. You could fit in such a role.”

“Yet that is not what I believe you wish to talk about,” Kayo stated after a moment of thought. “Perhaps you believe there is a way for me to be of more use.”

Sakura nodded, but said, “I feel guilty for bringing it up now considering I didn’t even think that you might be feeling the way you do.”

“Perhaps because you are rather focused on trying to create the right environment to be one of the women giving Naruto a child,” Kayo said with a knowing smile.

“Am I that transparent?” Sakura asked.

“Only because it seems to be a feeling among all of us,” Kayo replied. “I too feel the urge so can understand where you are coming from.”

The two women lapsed into silence before Naruto’s voice cut in, “Well then perhaps it’s time to fill everyone in on why you called this little meeting Sakura.”

The Kunoichi and Daimyo spun to the voice but Sakura frowned stating, “A shadow clone, huh?”

The clone smirked stating, “Well the real me is rather worn out. However, he felt you were up to something when you didn’t join in tonight.”

“I guess considering my track record turning down sex would send up a red flag,” Sakura said with a smirk. “But where have you been hiding? I’m pretty sure my guard wasn’t that far down.”

The clone nodded before surprising her by walking toward a shadow cast by the moonlight. He then disappeared in to it like sinking into quicksand. A moment later she spun behind her to find him rising up out of Kayo’s shadow. The clone then stated, “You aren’t the only one that has been hiding things. I had planned to talk with everyone soon, but I can’t get upset with you for trying to keep secrets when I am as well.” Sakura frowned as she tried to figure out just what was going on, but put doing so on hold when Naruto said, “However, let’s first discuss what exactly you are up to. I’m guessing that whatever it is would be related to what Ino and you talked about after she scouted the area today.”

“Oh, we are so having a conversation about this in the morning,” Sakura said and was pleased to see the clone gulp audibly. Although she would gladly follow Naruto, she didn’t want him thinking that it gave him free reign to exclude her from things. But she realized she had been about to do the same thing so feeling her anger fade stated, “There is a search party looking for Kayo. They’ve found the remains of her husband and the bodyguards you didn’t bury and are hoping to bring her back to Honey to take his place.”

Naruto’s gaze shifted to Kayo, who was obviously surprised by the revelation before moving back to Sakura as she continued, “I had hoped to convince her to return to Honey for just that reason.”

The clone shook his head before stating, “Sakura, even with Kayo in Honey. We wouldn’t be in any better position then. More to the point it would likely pull us into conflicts that much sooner.”

Sakura noted how Naruto seemed to have changed his opinion about being able to remain in isolation. Tilting her head, she asked, “What do you mean that much sooner?”

“We’ll talk about it later, but…”

“But,” Sakura quickly said cutting him off, “With Kayo in Honey, we have an avenue to the other women in the area that might join us. With them we can create a place where our family would be safe.”

“But then I’ll be removed from it,” Naruto said with a sigh. “Don’t you understand? Ruling a country would eat up the time I want to spend with that very family.”

“Then don’t rule it,” Kayo said suddenly causing both Sakura and Naruto to look at her. Feeling as if she found her place, she continued, “Why do you feel that you must rule it? Why not simply remain here and live with them until needed?”

“What do you mean?” Naruto asked as Kayo noted Sakura’s eyes lighting up happily.

“I mean,” Kayo said pleased, “They are not looking for you to rule Honey. They are looking for me. I realize from watching your other lovers that I will never be of the same use to you as them here.”

“It’s not about that though,” Naruto quickly countered.

“True, but that doesn’t mean that I do not wish to be of some use. You and the women here can be the force used to defend this home and the country Sakura believes that can be built. Shizune has expressed a desire to act as the Pride’s Mother to the many children you intend to bear and I’m sure there are others that will gravitate to that role as well. My role and those like me will be to act as the political force to your will. Leave the ruling of this new country to us.”

Naruto frowned as he asked, “But why remove yourself from the home we wish to build?”

“What do you mean?” Kayo said with a smile. “With that ability you just demonstrated you will never be that far away, and moreover I care for the people of Honey. If they truly wish for me to lead, and if it helps those I have come to care for here over these past few weeks. Then I will happily serve in such a capacity. Furthermore, if conflict is inevitable then building a force with you at its head is the best way to protect not just Honey, but ourselves.”

Kayo was surprised as she suddenly found herself pulled into a kiss although not by Naruto. She began to relax into it finding the sensation different then the rough ones that often passed between the women of the Pride during their nightly orgies with the man they shared. Sakura broke the kiss resting her forehead against the soon to be Daimyo’s as she said, “Kayo, thank you.”

“You don’t need to thank me,” the purple-haired woman said wondering why the kiss had excited her body so much, “I too believe this is the best for our family.”

Sakura pulled away from the woman walking sultrily towards the clone noting the stiffness in his groin. “Hear that stud. That’s another one that thinks I’m right. Oh, and we are so having that talk in the morning.” She then flicked the clone on the forehead dispersing it.

Back in bed, Naruto’s eyes snapped open before he groaned out, “My clone and his big mouth.” However, he still felt a smile appear on his face as he conceded that he had perhaps been wrong to believe that he needed to shoulder the responsibilities of a new country not to mention his concerns for the future by himself. After all, he knew the women he was surrounded by were strong and as such only served to make him stronger. He let his awareness begin to fade knowing that he would be getting an earful in the morning, but for the moment simply felt contentment at how his Pride was coming together.

Next Chapter: Nation Building: A Promise Kept

Author’s Note: Well first let me thank everyone that has reviewed all my stories as usual. A few likely noticed that the name of the chapter changed from last time, but it is simply due to my not getting to the part where naming it such would have made sense. We should be there in the next chapter. Also, I plan to post the list of women from other media that might appear in The Pride. I know some would prefer I don’t but ultimately it feels like something I’m going to need to do.

On a more personal note I do need to thank those of you that commented on my Deviantart account about your thoughts in regards to the ending of Naruto. But what really touched me was how some stated they felt my stories were better than the source material. In truth that really motivated me, because to be honest the ending pretty much failed me in every way possible to the point that I felt like it had been a waste of my time to read it, almost to where I nearly felt the need to walk away from it even in fanfiction.

I guess the best way to describe my feelings is the ending we got in chapter 699 and 700 would have been better if Shippuden never existed. It would have been better had we just had a time skip after the first valley of the end battle before finding ourselves there again with older versions of the characters and the explanation that stuff had happened over the years but was not really important to the actual story. In the end all the progress of Shippuden could be considered nothing but filler which served no purpose. Sasuke’s decent into darkness is washed away including the consequence of that decent as if his only victim was Naruto, and both Naruto and Sakura are nothing more than the two genin at Konoha’s gate with one crying over the Uchiha and the other chasing after him. Nothing of importance happened in Shippuden which had any effect on the ending that we are to believe Kishimoto settled on in the beginning and delivered. The sad thing is I can truly believe that, only he should have stopped at part 1.

But anyhow, your comments helped remind me that fanfiction is where we go to change the fates of the characters we enjoy from where we feel the originator of them went astray. So thank you all very much.

So I hope I continue to meet your expectations or should I not, pray not to fail epically. Thank you all for reading, and until next time take care. Sincerely, The Lemon Sage
Sign up to rate and review this story