Categories > Cartoons > All Dogs Go To Heaven

Properly Care For Your Cat With This Advice

by pidwarfhamsterlife

I come fromSomalia

Category: All Dogs Go To Heaven - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-02-06 - 1082 words

?Blocked

Cats are among the greatest pets a person can own. Unlike dogs, cats are incredibly independent and taking care of them is much easier. However, there are still many important things you need to be responsible for when caring for a cat. The article below will help you discover what those things are.


If you bathe your cat, drop some mineral oil into each eye. This serves a a protectant against soap. You should also be sure to keep the water temperature around 100 degrees. Cats get panicky if https://dwarfhamstertypes.blogspot.com/2016/01/robo-dwarf-hamsters.html try to bathe them in water they consider too cold or too hot.


It is important to only feed your kitten food specifically made for kittens. Kitten food contains more fat and protein to help keep your growing cats body healthy. Adult cat food is leaner and is not specially formulated the same way as the kitten food. Your kitten will grow really fast in a short time-frame, so it is important that they eat right.


Even if you believe it would be good to buy a child a pet as a holiday gift, it may be too busy a time for your cat to get the attention it needs. Bring your child to a pet store or a shelter and encourage them to help you choose a pet.


Adequate medical care is essential for any cat, but this is especially true of stray cats that are made into pets. Spending prolonged time outdoors makes a cat more susceptible to parasites, diseases, and other unpleasant realities. If you take in a stray, a trip to the vet should be your top priority. Let the vet examine the cat and administer the appropriate vaccinations. This is for your cat's safety, your own safety, and your family's safety.


If your female cat has a litter of kittens, be sure not to handle them for a week to ten days unless absolutely necessary. A mother cat may reject her kitten if it has been handled by a human, and the kitten may starve. It is better to observe without touching, as she knows best how to care for her young ones.


Be careful when treating your cat for fleas. Be sure to consult with your vet before using natural alternatives to control your cat's fleas. Cats are very sensitive to essential oils and many herbs. Your vet will probably recommend you use a prescription flea treatment, which is usually best for cats.


If you cat is pregnant is with babies, you can expect to have a lot of kittens on your hands. Create a comfortable place for the cat to deliver her babies somewhere in your home. Make sure the spot is big enough for the kittens to move around as they grow.


If you have a senior cat, make sure to consider a senior blood panel at your annual veterinarian visit. A senior blood panel can give your veterinarian a glimpse inside your cat's body. It can tell about serious conditions, such as kidney failure or a liver that is not functioning properly. Your vet can then make suggestions to help your pet recover from any problems and live longer.


If you want a cat that is well-behaved and not prone to biting and scratching, make sure that you do not try to adopt one when it is too young. It takes 12-16 weeks for a kitten to learn proper cat behavior from their mom and all of their siblings.


Make sure that you change your cat's food and water on a regular basis. Just like humans, cats want to eat fresh food and drink water that is clean. Feed them at the same time each and every day if you want them to get into a regular feeding routine.


If you have more than one cat, you should give them names that do not sound anything alike. You want your pet to be able to recognize their name when you call, and giving them similar names can make this very difficult. Choose names that are distinctive and reflect your cat's personality.


Do not give your cat any products that were made to get rid of fleas or worms if you know that she is pregnant. While you want to get rid of these pests once and for all, it is not worth placing your cat's health in any type of jeopardy.


Cats can be prone to different illnesses, one of them being diabetes. Luckily, diabetes can be treated by the vet. With regular insulin injections your cats diabetes can be regulated. This means that your cat will end up living a long and healthy life. Eventually your cat will get accustomed to the injections to make things easier on you.


If your cat goes outdoors a lot, the chances are good that they come home filthy once in a while. When your cat is especially dirty or smelling like a skunk, you should make an appointment with the local groomer. Groomers will be gentle with your cat, resulting in a less traumatic experience.


If you are introducing a new pet into a home that already has a pet, it is best to try to socialize the animals gradually. Both dogs and cats are territorial. If you introduce a newcomer to quickly, the animals may never adjust. Keep the animals separate for a majority of the time and introduce them gradually over a few weeks.


Make sure your cat's toys are sturdy. If they become very chewed up, throw them away. Cat toys are a great source of entertainment, but they can also be a source of trouble if they are not kept in good condition. Your cat can strangle himself with a piece of loose string or choke on small parts of a toy that have come loose.


Consider getting your cat a scratching post. Scratching is something that comes extremely easy to cats; it is part of their nature. Don't force your cat to play with it. Rather, interest him in it by spraying catnip spray on it, or by dangling a string from the top. Soon he'll get the idea that it's there for a reason!


Cats are some of the most lovable and comforting pets a person can own. However, there is a great deal of responsibility that comes with being a cat owner. Be sure and use the advice mentioned in the article above so that your cat can live a long and healthy life.
Sign up to rate and review this story