Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Eroninja: Little Black Book

It’s a Calling

by TheLemonSage

Short vignettes which offer glimpses into the world of Eroninja, and insights into what is to come.

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2016-04-05 - 6083 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine. Also this story is a lemon fiction therefore is intended for people of a legal age from wherever they come from. So if these type of stories offend then stop reading now. Thanks.

Eroninja: Little Black Book


Chapter 6: It’s a Calling


First half of story takes place in between the events of Chapter 72 and 73


“Now can anyone tell me what the immediate aftermath of the first Elemental Gathering was?”


Iruka spent a moment holding his piece of chalk up against the board expecting to receive several responses. But after a few moments he sighed in exasperation before turning to face the class and found most of the students ignoring him. He wasn’t horribly surprised due to the class being made up entirely of captured genin from various villages, and as such could best be described as being comprised entirely of problem children. That wasn’t to say that they were bad kids, after all, he would consider his greatest achievement as a teacher to have been the ultimate problem child. But, he knew a majority of them, if not all, would strangle the life out of him at a drop of a hat if they believed it would help them escape the Maximum Security Prison that housed them. Again, that didn’t necessarily make them horrible people, because it was just a byproduct of how they were trained since they were all trained killers.


Iruka did feel that was perhaps a fact that was kind of glossed over in regards to the current shinobi system, which was basically that each shinobi village was in essence turning children into hired killers. It was a harsh reality that he did sometimes struggle with, since it was his lessons that the bubbly and youthful personalities that he trained would call upon as they lost their innocence through implementing them. In truth, Iruka was beginning to struggle a bit with his career choice primarily as he saw the effect the shinobi lifestyle had on many of his former students.


That wasn’t to say he regretted becoming a teacher, but it was growing harder and harder to ignore the price his students ultimately ended up paying. After all, for every student like Naruto who seemed to defy the odds and held onto the optimism that they had when first entering his class. Several would fall along the opposite side of the spectrum. It was easy to point out the fall of Sasuke and Udon as being those that would weigh heavily on him. But in many regards the hardest were those that hadn’t completely given into the darkness of the Shinobi World. The reason they were harder to deal with for the teacher then a Sasuke or Udon, was because in many regards much like Naruto, the darkness had reached them long before they had ever stepped foot in his class. Sasuke, after all, had begun his decent shortly after joining the academy when his clan had been eliminated for attempting to rebel. Udon, had been corrupted likely from the moment of his birth by his grandfather. While Naruto in most cases would have been saddled with a lifetime of loneliness and despair due to his housing the nine-tailed fox. Of those three, Iruka admitted that Udon was something of a sore point in that he hadn’t even suspected that something was wrong with the young Root Operative. Naturally, that was supposed to be the point, but Iruka often wondered if there was something he could or should have done.


Yet, that didn’t weigh as heavily on his conscious about teaching children to become mercenary soldiers as the constant reminders of the cost that they paid. The reminders were everywhere, but most notably in the eyes of his former students. Eyes which had once been bright and eager, but gradually grew dim from the horrors that they witnessed. Horrors such as watching a teammate get killed trying to earn a promotion via the Chunin Exams for example. Not to mention, the dangers that one encountered during missions that further dimmed the once bright eyes of his students.


One way Iruka had persuaded himself that he should continue despite his misgivings was because he knew regardless of if he did or not, the system would continue on. Therefore, he felt it was beholden of him to try to prepare the village’s future shinobi as best he could. He also hoped to continue to produce more students like Naruto, students that seemed able to look past the misgivings and suspicions of other villages that seemed bred into his students, for he believed such students were the key to changing the system.


Another was what brought him to the Konoha Maximum Security Prison. “Hey you lazy slackers,” Iruka shouted in a voice that made even the most difficult of his students sit up in attention having grown tired of waiting for an answer, “pay attention!”


The class for a moment did sit straight, but quickly drifted off into their private conversations or inattention. Iruka frowned at the lack of respect being displayed, but wasn’t surprised mainly because unlike the students he encountered in Konoha, the people he was teaching currently were experienced shinobi. Or, at least had more experience than the average Genin in training. This was because the class was made up of genin that were captured from many of the shinobi villages that the Leaf was at odds with. The members of the class were of different age groups though the oldest were only a few years older than Naruto’s generation while the youngest would be third or fourth year academy students if they were Leaf-nin.


All of his current students lacked the bright eyes and optimism that he associated with those from the Leaf. But, that wasn’t hard to understand because most of them knew they were in a hopeless situation. This was because the majority understood that they would spend a good chunk of their lives in the prison. Being only genin most of them didn’t have much value as potential bargaining chips in negotiations between the shinobi villages. If they did, they would have been sent to the infamous Blood Prison in Grass which all the villages used to store such valuable prisoners or high profile ones that committed crimes against multiple countries. But since Grass charged fees for holding onto the prisoners, Konoha wasn’t going to spend the extra money to have Genin with little value for negotiations watched by a third party. Konoha also wasn’t just going to release them either so they could return to their villages and become more accomplished shinobi. Therefore, they languished away in the prison, where most would only be released after entering into their forty or fifties, when it was felt that their home villages wouldn’t bother investing much time and money in retraining shinobi well past their prime. If they were readmitted into their villages’ forces, then most would likely remain genin for the remainder of their days.


Iruka, was hoping to perhaps change that practice and thus had suggested to the Hokage his holding classes for some of the genin currently imprisoned. His hope was that perhaps by taking an interest in some of those that had been written off by their homes that they would be able to either convince them to join the Leaf. Or, at the very least release them and even if they returned home that they would perhaps have a more positive view of Konoha. Tsunade had been rather skeptical of his plan, but had given him her blessing to proceed.


He felt a pang of disappointment as he watched the class since it appeared that the critics of his program, who believed he was wasting his time were correct. But, he steeled his resolve since he knew reaching just one of the students would make all the effort worthwhile and could change even the fate of the shinobi world. Yet, he knew it was going to be an uphill battle since it was the second year he had run such a class. The first year had been much larger, and although a part of him had been discouraged by the much smaller group this year. He did see a bright spot in it as many of those who hadn’t return had been sent back to Kumogakure and Amegakure due to the current alliance.


Still, watching the current class ignoring him in favor of their side conversations, he knew a majority of those that had returned were only interested in the extra time they spent out of their cells. Putting his foot down he said, “If I do not receive an answer to my question in the next thirty seconds, then we’ll be ending class early today, and you’ll be confined to your cells during the exercise period tomorrow.”


Naturally as expected rather than answers most of the class began complaining about the fairness of his decree. Yet, he ignored them in favor of simply watching the clock. About ten second into his countdown a voice stated, “The other Daimyo of the time upon hearing the Fire Daimyo’s decree that he was going to allow Hashirama Senju to create a shinobi village in his lands for the Uchiha and Senju issued a call to the other clans to do the same in theirs.”


“Correct,” Iruka said focusing on the young woman that had responded, “But that was the most obvious answer.”


The kunoichi replied, “Which is why I led with it. If you wanted lesser known facts, then you should have been more specific.”


Iruka smiled at the implied challenge. He studied the young woman whose long brown hair was done up in spikes around her head. Her black eyes shown with a confidence that she would be able to answer any other follow-up questions he might ask. Seeking to test that knowledge he said, “Very well Yamame. Then please explain how the founding of Konoha and the other shinobi villages changed the military structure of the countries that sponsored them.” The black marks on her cheeks shifted slightly as a small smile appeared to form on her lips, but it fell as he quickly added, “Plus, let’s not go with the obvious answer of the shinobi took over many of the militaristic duties from the samurai in those countries.”


Yamame’s brows furrowed since she had been going to answer in such a manner. She studied his face for a moment to get some hint, but then replied sounding unsure, “Are you referring to the formation of the Three Blade Alliance?”


“Yes,” Iruka answered and held back a chuckle when the kunoichi relaxed upon his response. Focusing on the rest of the class he asked, “Who would like to explain what the Three Blade Alliance is?”


“Who cares?” one of the students replied, “The only reason we’re here is because it gets us out of some of the work details.”


“I’m aware that is the case for some of you,” Iruka said with a shrug, “However, so long as you are here, you will participate or find yourself back on them. Now does anyone know the answer?” Iruka suspected that a few of them did, but were being stubborn so called on Yamame again.


She frowned since many of her fellow prisoners already felt she was something of a teacher’s pet. As such, although she did know most of the answers she tended to keep quiet so as to avoid her fellow prisoner’s ire. Yet, after a moment she answered due to her figuring that getting on the teacher’s good side would benefit her more in the long run. “After the founding of the Shinobi Village system, many Samurai found their places in society being scaled back. There were some that did not take too kindly to their military status supposedly being subsumed by Shinobi, so they began to organize a rebellion. In order to prevent an armed conflict from starting, the Daimyo agreed to form three countries where Samurai would continue to hold power. These three countries quickly formed an alliance which is now known as the Three Blade Alliance.”


“And the countries that comprise it are?”


Yamame sighed as she could feel the glare of her former teammate burning into her back. After a moment she answered, “They are the countries of Iron, Honey, and the Land of Crows.”


“Very good,” Iruka said, and although pleased with her answers asked, “Yet, it does sound like you don’t necessarily feel like the Samurai did lose power.”


“Maybe because they didn’t,” Yamame replied bitterly, “I know the garbage you feed genin like us is that the Kage are on equal footing with the Daimyo. But that’s just propaganda nonsense.”


Yamame glared at him as if expecting him to automatically support the system that produced them. Instead, he crossed his arms loosely and leaned against the front of his desk as he responded, “An interesting theory, but as you phrased it, merely an opinion. What facts would you bring forth to defend it?”


Iruka held back a smirk at Yamame’s obvious surprise at his being willing to hear her out. Taking advantage of it she said, “Well how about the fact that there are still samurai getting fat in countries that have shinobi villages.”


“A true enough complaint I suppose,” Iruka replied after a moment of giving his reply some thought. He didn’t want to phrase his response in a manner that would prevent further discussion even though he didn’t agree with her. But, he also tried to keep in mind the fact that she originally hailed from Kirigakure before defecting to Sound, and thus things could be different in Water Country. “Yet, keep in mind that what we consider nobles today hailed from the Samurai Class. When their military powers were stripped away most gladly gave up the sword to live in the luxury their families had acquired and tended to their lands.”


Yamame frowned before stating heatedly, “What exactly did they give up? Those lords still keep vassals that call themselves Samurai on their lands. Do you really think the Daimyo keep them around out of loyalty to the way things used to be?”


“Those Samurai serve their lords by keeping order in the lands of their masters,” Iruka countered. “Keep in mind that we shinobi only are called in when requested by the Daimyo, or hired by town.”


“Which just shows the only thing that changed in the grand scheme of things was that now we got a plot of land to call home where more of us could gather,” the female prisoner replied quickly.


“That was a pretty spectacular change though,” Iruka replied believing in his Village’s Will of Fire. “It allowed clans that had only know each other as enemies on the battlefield or temporary allies to come together where…”


“We fought against other shinobi that didn’t because of the headband they wore instead of hailing from a different clan or shinobi mercenary group,” a student named Iwana stated dismissively. The class erupted into amused laughter after he added, “So same shit, just a different day and you try to sell it as progress. How about we ask the Uchiha how that progress worked out for them?”


Iruka didn’t react even as he felt the youth, who had been teammates with the kunoichi that had prompted the debate, had made his point by touching a rather sensitive nerve. He still had difficulty with assimilating the knowledge that although he had been against it, the Third Hokage had still allowed for the elimination of an entire clan. The Chunin instructor could understand why it had been necessary to an extent, although it had been carried out to the extreme by Itachi with the elders’ blessings. After all, the Uchiha had been intending to rebel against a government that had the majority of the village populaces’ approval. Therefore, it was only natural it would act to protect itself and the people who supported it. Just as the Uchiha had planned to install themselves as rulers for their own self-interests. In the end Konoha had acted first and definitely. Still, Iruka wondered at times what if the Uchiha having come to believe their grievances would never be recognized or settled, and as such had wanted to leave the village, then would Konoha still have acted in a similar fashion. Despite his belief that the Third Hokage wouldn’t have let it turn out that way if the Uchiha hadn’t intended to use violence. His silence and subsequent cover-up of the massacre did leave Iruka with some doubts, especially since he was sure many of Konoha’s enemies would have gladly accepted the clan, and if that was going to be the case then Konoha might have justified the massacre as being a measure to prevent an enemy from gaining the Sharingan.


He did take it as a positive sign that Tsunade had revealed the truth to the village. So, owning up to his own village’s missteps he replied, “It’s true that even Konoha has had some dark chapters in its history.” Focusing on Iwana and treating his response seriously despite knowing the youth had been playing to the crowd he continued, “Yet, Lady Tsunade has decided rather than pretending that darkness wasn’t there, instead pulled it out into the light so it could be confronted, and as such one of the village’s greatest traitors proved to be its most loyal shinobi. A man that sacrificed everything for the village and his baby brother.”


“Who went rogue all the same,” Iwana replied with a smirk. “He was also a failure it seems.”


Iruka this time couldn’t keep from frowning since he took it as a personal failure for Sasuke’s fall, primarily because he constantly asked himself if he could have done more. “There is much we don’t know about Itachi or his motives. There are a couple of incidents that make me question if he loved his brother, such as how could he have done some of the things that he did to him. But, as to my village’s hand in the fate of the Uchiha Clan, all of our villages have their dark chapters. Was it not your village’s bloody history that caused many of you to abandon it?”


Iruka noticed a few of the Kirigakure-nin look away or failed to make eye contact after his statement. “Yet, it appears there is a new Kage in Kirigakure and much like Lady Tsunade, she may be trying to address the dark chapter in Kirigakure’s history, especially as it seems she may have Kekkei Genkai.” Iruka could see the news shocked many of the genin present from the Hidden Mist Village, especially since most had left towards the end of the previous Mizukage’s rule. He made a note to thank Ibiki since the man, despite doubting his self-appointed mission’s chances, had provided him a packet for each of the other villages’ current state of affairs based on what his spies had learned. He was surprised at how detailed the report had been in regards to the current Mizukage.


Letting the news that the Fourth Mizukage had been replaced sink in for a moment he eventually added, “The point is that despite our villages’ each having dark chapters. We can overcome them. We are not bound by the mistakes of the past, unless we continue to make them that is or allow them to control the present.”


Iruka knew that it wasn’t nearly as simple as he presented it to the class. After all, in many ways the progress that was achieved via the founding of Konoha and the other Shinobi villages could actually be said to be catalysts for making the wars that have happened since then much worse. Before the current Shinobi Village system, although there had been wars they were generally much smaller and self-contained affairs, at least for the shinobi that took part in them. In the past, if two countries had a dispute they would generally have clashed using their armies of samurai and hired various ninja clans to supplement their forces. Yet after Konoha was founded and the ninja clans or mercenary groups were tied to particular countries then countries without shinobi had needed to align with those that did. Therefore, as a result, when two countries entered into a war, it was no longer tied to those two countries but their allies as well. Thus giving rise to the Shinobi World Wars. As such, even though progress had been made in perhaps healing some of the rifts between Shinobi Clans, the current system also made it so that any wars that erupted were much bigger and bloodier affairs. Sadly, though that was the natural progress of affairs since it had been how such progress had happened since time began, tribes gave way to villages which became towns then cities before finally countries, with the conflicts becoming larger and larger as a result.


Before he could pick up the conversation though the timer he had on his desk went off signaling the end of the lesson. He sighed as he felt underappreciated as a teacher since the prisoners acted much the same way his students did when class was over and quickly broke for the door. It stung a little more in this case since his students were actually fleeing into a prison as opposed to acting like they were escaping from one. He called after them, “Tomorrow will be the final exam so make sure to study.”


He moved behind his desk and began gathering his papers as he thought of the questions he would include on the test. He stopped though as he realized one of the students hadn’t joined the mad dash for the door as if it was a hole that had appeared in the wall surrounding the prison. He smiled at her stating, “Thank you for participating Yamame.”


The Sound prisoner shrugged before replying, “It’s not a big deal. These idiots don’t seem to realize that if they do not give you a reason to keep coming back, these lesson will come to an end.”


Iruka chuckled, before stating, “You could say though that their lack of caring is exactly why I need to keep coming back.” He gave her a small grin due to her surprise at his belief that it was for the students that were the hardest to reach that he worked for. But, he quickly added, “Although, I do appreciate your willingness to be engaged during class time.”


Yamame smiled softly, but it faded as she asked, “What exactly is the point of this though? We’re worthless in the grand scheme of things. We didn’t even have enough value as kunai fodder when the previous warden planned to rebel against the Leaf.”


The chunin instructor grew concerned at the hopelessness in the young woman’s voice. But then he answered, “My hope is that in time you and your fellow prisoners might be released to prove you still have something to contribute.”


“That might work for those who are hoping that Kiri or even Iwa eventually join this new alliance. But people like me don’t have any chance of being released except after a point where it is felt we are too old to pose a threat. Sound is defunct as a village, and I’m a traitor in Kirigakure,” Yamame said despondently.


Iruka nodded before replying, “You could say it was exactly for people like you that I started this program. Granted, previously I would have included all the genin and chunin, but recently the world has been changing, and something we all thought was a unattainable dream seems to be in the works. We’ve already released most of the Kumo-nin we were holding, accept for those that committed egregious crimes against the Leaf. But even so far as a couple of years ago most of those genin and chunin were looking to spend the majority of their lives here. My program I hope will help the rest.”


“How?” Yamame asked as a little hope began to appear in her eyes, especially as she had come to believe the teacher was one who truly cared.


“I’m still working on all the details,” Iruka answered noting that the seedling of hope quickly began to wilt. Therefore, he quickly added, “There are not a lot of believers in my program. I wanted to at least see what kind of interest there was in it, before I went around making promises that I wouldn’t be able to deliver on. Not to mention your classmates tend to prove there was no reason to focus on the rewards of a program such as this.”


“I understand,” the former Sound-nin said sounding disappointed.


Iruka smiled widely before saying, “I don’t think you do. Your classmates may not warrant it, but I do believe you do, which is why I’ll begin to see what can be done for you. It’ll take some time, but I’m hoping that at the end of the program next year that I’ll be showing you it was worth the effort.” He could see a guarded hope appear in her eyes again, but not wanting her to think that she could begin slacking quickly added, “But of course that all depends on how well you do in tomorrow’s exam.


************************


Scene below happens shortly before a scene which will appear in chapter 78


Iruka was nervous as he sat before the Hokage while she looked over his proposal. As he expected, Yamame had aced the exam from the previous summer that he had given. His proposition had languished in Tsunade’s bin since then, but with a new summer only a few short months away, he had become more insistent that she at least give him a chance to convince her. She set the last paper down, and after a moment of studying him said, “I don’t think that I need to tell you there are not a great many people that believe in this project of yours. I’ll be honest, I’m also one of them.”


That surprised him particularly due to Tsunade being perhaps the most successful Hokage in improving relations with the other villages. To Iruka, that had meant that she wasn’t exactly locked to her worldview about them. As such, he found her admission a little difficult to understand. Tsunade apparently could tell as much since she explained, “I know you likely believe I would want to believe that we have misread some of these prisoners. But, I fail to see how one of them participating in your class proves she will not become a threat once released. This kunoichi in particular not only abandoned her home village, but then joined The Sound Village where she was captured after attacking Team Kakashi. Having read the mission report about that encounter, it is very likely her team was used by Orochimaru to gauge Sasuke’s abilities.”


“Which at the time most people didn’t believe when she claimed to be working for him,” Iruka quickly chimed in. “Perhaps if people had, we would have been better prepared for his interest in Sasuke.”


Tsunade scowled at him as she quickly retorted, “No one had any reason to believe her before the Sound Invasion. But, that is rather my point. She betrayed her home village, and then when captured quickly flipped on Orochimaru hoping to use what little leverage she had. Now here you come along promising her an early release if she passes some test. She’s always been working to make the best of what may be a poor situation, but she always seems to have her own best interest in mind.”


Iruka sighed, but replied, “That might be. After all, I’m not completely blind to the possibility that she is just putting in the effort necessary to potentially secure some sort of advantage. But, I never once promised them or her that they would be given an early release by participating. I sold the idea of the classes as a way to keep abreast of changes in the world by looking to the past. But the lack of hope these kids are displaying is the very reason I think releasing her would be a step in the right direction.”


“Besides maybe making it so that the rest of these prisoners will begin to show some interest in your lessons,” Tsunade said with a shake of her head. “What would she even do if we released her?”


“I have some thoughts about that,” Iruka said quickly. “I was hoping that perhaps the current president of the Great Tree Shipping Company might give her a position. That does seem to be where former Sound-nin seem to find gainful employment considering her history.”


Tsunade’s face became a mask as she asked, “No doubt because the current President comes from the same clan as Naruto, someone who just so happens to feel that he owes you a great deal.”


Iruka had the feeling that the Hokage was disappointed with his trading on Naruto’s name in a sense to get Yamame released. But, he quickly stated, “I did plan to involve Naruto only to perhaps introduce me to Karin. I believe she might be more agreeable to my proposition then most considering that she could have ended up sharing a cell with Yamame had she not been deemed to have vital information on Sound, and Sasuke.”


Tsunade’s visage did soften some, as she knew it wasn’t just for those reasons Karin had escaped a jail sentence. Forced to consider how both kunoichi did have almost the exact same backgrounds, she relented some in her stance as she said, “Karin’s rise above her past does not necessarily mean this kunoichi is going to follow the same path.”


“I know, Lady Tsunade,” Iruka replied thoughtfully, “But, for some reason the owner of the company decided to take a chance on a just pardoned Sound-nin. Shouldn’t we be willing to do the same for another?”


Tsunade sighed as she wanted to tell Iruka that the reason so much faith was put into Karin was due to Naruto claiming her as a lover. But, she supposed that ultimately it had still been a leap of faith in some regards, but Tsunade tended to believe her lover had a special gift with reaching people. One that even surpassed the gift of the man that reached him. Still, she supposed that at the very least she should trust Iruka’s willingness to work with those that most others considered unreachable or not worth the effort. Hoping she wasn’t making a mistake she said, “I will grant this kunoichi a parole provided she completes another summer course with high marks. Furthermore, I don’t want to be reading about how she turned to crime so you need to assure that there is some sort of employment waiting for her when she is free. That is regardless of whether Karin agrees with giving her a job.”


“Thank you Lady Hokage,” Iruka said clearly pleased, “I’m sure she will prove worthy of this second chance.”


Despite Tsunade finding it hard not to share in Iruka’s obvious joy, she couldn’t help cautioning, “Perhaps or perhaps not. Only time will tell. But, truthfully I think it will do your program a disservice in the long run.”


Iruka was mood dropped some as he asked, “What do you mean?”


“Well, this Yamame may prove to be worthy of being released,” the Hokage said as she began collecting the items the teacher had given her. Once together she stood and moving around her desk continued, “But that was because she didn’t have a clear idea of what you were working towards. You might find some more willing students once the others learn that she was released for her good behavior. But it’ll just mean others might fake their interest, and you’ll have to be sure only the worthy are selected. The last thing I will need is having a bunch of repeat offenders who are simply fooling the system in order to return to the behavior that sent them there.”


Iruka could see where the Hokage was coming from but replied, “Many of them were guilty of nothing more than serving their villages. If they become bad apples, it is only because they were discarded by the current system.”


Tsunade handed him his papers and then said, “That is true for some, not so true for others. I expect this program to help in deciding which apples are which, because otherwise I’ll shut it down. But with that said, I do hope that your first choice in that regard is a success.”


Iruka smiled as he tucked the papers he had been handed under his arm and set off to ask Naruto to set up a meeting with Karin for him confident that in time Yamame would prove to everyone that she was worthy of a second chance.


Author’s note: First let me take the time to thank those that have taken the time to review my stories. They are the currency that keeps me going. So, anyway I hope this little peek into the inner working of the Eroninja world proves worth it, and enlightening. Naturally, this LBB chapter was to give a little more background information on how the founding of the Shinobi Village’s changed the world a bit. Furthermore, it introduces a Country called the Land of Crows, which might prove rather important as the story progresses. A reader named Mcskeleton has offered to update the map, and eventually I will take him up on that offer. But, until then for those interested in its location it would be the large country that borders the Land of Swamps and Land of Iron on the extended narutoGlobe1.5 already featured on my profile.


Now as I’ve explained before, I’ve never been a fan of how the village founding was dealt with in canon. Primarily because it wants people to believe that the Five Major Countries so trusted the shinobi they suddenly gave land to, that they just banished their standing armies or never actually had them to begin with. This to me is incredibly silly and just plain dumb. Granted, I could see the Land of Fire jumping at the chance to accept Hashirama’s request because they would essential gain the skills of the Uchiha and Senju. But to just blindly trust them, hell even in Konoha the Second Hokage didn’t trust the Uchiha so why would the Daimyo agree to share power and blindly trust either clan. Why would the Daimyo of the other countries as well? So, that is why they still have standing armies. It is a belief based on how in the movie the Inheritor’s of the Will of Fire the Daimyo threated to destroy Konoha if Tsunade didn’t deal with the situation, it might not be canon but it made much more sense than anything Kishimoto ever explained.


Also, Yamame is the kunoichi that I mentioned that would appear in the next LBB, but wouldn’t have a role in the Harem. At least for a while, if ever. This LBB chapter was originally supposed to be number 5, but as I wrote it well I sort of hit on the idea that the reason Konoha has any idea of what is happening in Kiri would be due to The Family’s attempts to gain a foothold there. As such, I figured it would be a good opportunity to highlight some of the challenges that adding Kiri’s kunoichi to the Family would bring to the table.


Again I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and thank you all for reading and reviewing. Not to mention all the support you have given throughout the years. Thank you all. So until next time, take care. Sincerely, The Lemon Sage.
Sign up to rate and review this story