Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Re-Ordered

Setting up the Weasleys (and others)

by DrT

When would be one of the worst points in time for an over-powered Harry to return to his past? During the Trial before the Wizengamot! Time-travelling rework Year 5. In this chapter, Harry sets ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Lucius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-29 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 3429 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters, ideas, and situations created by JR Rowling and owned by her and her publishers. I own the original elements & characters. No money is being made by me, and no trademark or copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter X
Sunday, September 3, 1995


Early in the morning, as Lucius Malfoy lay shivering on the floor, Walden Macnair collapsed next to him.

While the Dark Lord had been as angry about Snape's death as they had feared (and he had been even more surprised than angry, which had not been good), they had not been tortured as such. What the Dark Lord had done was tear into their minds, so that he could witness the duel himself, which had been more than painful enough.

As Malfoy and Macnair tried to recover, Voldemort strode up and down the hide-away, thinking furiously. Finally, he brandished his wand. Both of his Death Eaters shivered, but the wand was not directed against them. Instead, two figures appeared. It was soon apparent that they were both Harry Potter -- the Harry Potter of the Triwizard Tournament and their master's rebirth, and the one from the duel the day before.

It was clear that Harry had grown over six inches, perhaps even seven, in just three months, and had gone from scrawny to athletically lean. "It should not be possible," Voldemort declared. "Yet this is still Potter." He frowned. "I cannot believe the Old Man did this, yet who else would have the power and the access?"

He turned to Malfoy. "Your son had better produce detailed reports of everything that happens at Hogwarts this term. I want any other reports possible as well."

"Yes, my lord," Lucius managed to say.

"I need a plan, or else my plans for Azkaban may be in danger. You still know the situation at Hogwarts better than any, Lucius. Find something we can use against him! I don't care who gets him for me, but I want Potter here so I can kill him!"



"Weasley! Hey! Weasley! Stop!"

Ginny stopped her trudge through the quiet halls, not yet ready to face breakfast and so faced the person shouting for her attention. "What do you want, Smythe?"

Margot approached Ginny and asked, "I was just curious if you were content to lose out to Loony Lovegood as well as to Granger."

Ginny's face hardened. "What do you mean?"

"Come off it, Weasley," Margot scoffed. "The only time you weren't mooning over Potter the last four years was right after his name came out of the Goblet last November, and even then you had come back around before most people. You want him, or you did."

"And what do you suggest I do about it?" Ginny nearly spat.

"Well, there are always enticement potions, since I suppose a love potion would be too obvious, considering what he and Granger are up to," Margot pointed out.

"Are you crazy?" Ginny demanded.

"Oh, like I didn't see you with that book with the enticement potions in it last spring," Margot said contemptuously. "Since the worst punishment using most love potions gets you is a month's detention, isn't it worth the risk?"

"For a Ravenclaw, you do sloppy research," Ginny snapped. "First of all, yes, that's the penalty for using most love potions on an unattached Sixth or Seventh year if you are underage yourself. The penalty for using one on a Fourth or Fifth year is suspension for the rest of a year, and then having to take the end of year exams and passing ALL of them before being allowed to come back. Second, Harry and Hermione are Bonding. Just using an enticement potion is seen as interfering with that, and is punished by expulsion from Hogwarts, having your wand snapped, and being forbidden a wand for ten years for those underage. If you're over seventeen, you also get a year in Azkaban on top of that." Ginny sneered. "Since you suggested it, if I were to go ahead and got caught, you'd get about the same. Now, keep your nose out of my business. I would suggest you keep it far from Harry's as well." Ginny stormed off.

Margot stamped off, frustrated.



"Don't you want me to do it again?" Hermione pouted.

"I do. Absolutely. Often," Harry agreed eagerly, "I just don't care about it being in public." He loved Hermione's cute pout.

"We have to, three times a week," Hermione pointed out. "That shows were are Bonding, and in a stable Bond at that. Since we're both Gryffindors, we really should use the Gryffindor Corner twice a week. Since we want to involve Luna, we can use the Room once a week."

"If we have to do it in public, how about twice with Luna?" Harry offered.

"Alright, twice," Hermione said, having already arranged that. She knew that had she started off with the idea, Harry would have fought it. "Now, as to our Gryffindor Chaperon. . . ."

"Anyone but Ginny," Harry said firmly. Seeing Hermione's disappointed look, Harry asked, "What's wrong?" He eyed Hermione. "Are you trying to get me another consort or something?"

"As a possible option only," Hermione said. Ginny had, after all, been her first lover in some ways. "You want lots of children, and while both Luna and I would like to have children as well, I know Ginny dreams of having at least as many as her mother. The Weasleys would have had ten or twelve children if they could have afforded it."

"Really?"

Hermione nodded and explained, "They held off for several years at the beginning, and again until they could build on to the Burrow -- that's why there's a gap between Charlie and Percy -- and they stopped after Ginny because of the costs of sending their children to Hogwarts." Hermione looked at Harry. "Did you know there's at least the same number of children our age who are taught by at best an informal network, simply because they can't afford to come here?"

"No, I didn't," Harry admitted.

"Well, even though our class is small because of the war, even before then most classes have been under sixty for most of this last century. That's when a fund set up by the Founders partially 'went bust' because of embezzlement. That paid the fees for many of the magically poor, and the last money from the fund ran out in the late 1940s. If they have any land and don't mind living a pre-industrial rural lifestyle, wizards really don't need much actual money -- unless they want new things, or want to come to Hogwarts."

"I'll set some money aside to seed a new fund," Harry said. "We'll need to come up with some way making sure the most deserving get it, as there won't be anywhere near enough for fifty or sixty children a year, every year. But we've gone off topic, my love."

"So we have," Hermione agreed. Harry sighed. "What rules are there for choosing Chaperons?" He knew Hermione would know.

"Pretty simply ones," Hermione said. "They have to be at least fourteen or be in an active prearrangement if younger, and they have to have witnessed the ritual at least three times."

From the way Hermione's voice inflected, Harry knew there was more. "Yes?"

"While I would like you to consider Ginny for next Sunday, unless you have any strong objections, Angelina should do it today."

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Because she's the Head Girl," Hermione answered. "She's already coaching the First year girls on proper behavior." Seeing Harry's reaction, Hermione huffed, "Oh, Harry! They have to learn and it's part of the job for the Seventh year girl's prefect, or Head Girl in this case. We aren't taught all that much about wizarding customs, but we are taught this. The senior prefect always instructs the First years. You and I are the only purely Gryffindor couple at the moment doing the ritual. It's our duty to demonstrate for them."

Harry sighed again and rolled his eyes, giving in.



"That's wasn't so bad, was it?" Hermione asked forty minutes later.

"You were magnificent, and I love you," Harry answered wisely.

"But?"

"But it's still odd doing it in front of people, especially four giggling eleven year olds, and the Second years weren't much better. That was even worse than having to see Parvati, Lavender, and that Third year drool."

"Third year? Oh, right, Romilda Vane." Hermione wrinkled her nose.

"At least Ginny wasn't there, making faces again," Harry went on.

"If I know her, and believe I do, she'll be coming to talk to you soon," Hermione said.

"About?"

"About her and you, of course," Hermione stated. "I don't know for certain what she's decided, but treat her nicely."

"What do you think she's choosing between?"

"She might still wish to be your consort," Hermione pointed out. "If so, she'll likely wish to know if we've settled on Luna as one or not. If that is what she's after, don't tell her Luna has any doubts. She could cause Luna lots of problems, accidentally or on purpose. And remind her that secondary relationships may not become publicly active ones until the primary couple have been Bonding for at least six months. And since Ginny is a Pure- blood, a secondary consort must be at least fifteen, unless she has her father's permission. Since Luna is considered a Full- blood, she has to be fourteen, which she is, of course. Even a Muggle-born like myself has to be at least thirteen to start without permission."

Harry frowned. "Are you sure?"

Hermione nodded. "You're supposed to ask the families of anyone not Muggle-born, of course, in order to make certain there are no pre-contracts. And if you want to have a real alliance, you can negotiate with them. Still, those aren't absolute."

"So Ginny couldn't start anything until next August without asking her father, and Luna couldn't do anything publicly until mid-February. Oh, you do know when her birthday is, don't you?" Harry asked.

"The First of November, as you already knew," Hermione answered. "I asked. And I got an amazing amount of detail," she added shaking her head.

"Such as?"

"Her mother's labor started an hour before midnight that Halloween, and she started crowning, meaning the head started to appear, at exactly midnight. Luna was technically born at three minutes past midnight." Hermione looked at Harry. "What?"

"I knew she was born on the First, of course, but I hadn't realized it was so close to Halloween. Her birth started exactly one year before Voldemort attacked Godric's Hallow, and her birth was a year before Hagrid flew me off."

"Really?"

"Sirius told me that he arrived about ten minutes before midnight, Hagrid told me he left just after midnight." Harry shrugged. "It probably doesn't mean much of anything."

"Probably not, but who can tell with magic? Connections are connections."



"Harry?"

Harry looked up from where he was standing in front of the Fat Lady, about the given the password. Harry was just coming back from the library. "Yes, Ginny?"

"Could . . . could I have a word in private?"

"Sure," Harry answered, unsurprised that Hermione had been correct. He led Ginny down the corridor, towards an alcove that was the off the usual path of the students. He perched on a window ledge. "What's up?"

Ginny stood there shyly, her large brown eyes looking up though the wisps of hair. her face was framed by a few more strands which had escaped from her casual ponytail, the toe of her left shoe rubbing against her lower right calf, her hands clasped behind her back (which thrust what little bosom she had outwards). She looked adorable, innocent, and very sexy. Harry looked on, bemused, recognizing one of Ginny's favorite teasing poses. "Harry, I was wondering. . . ."

Harry cut right to the chase. "If I might be interested in having three consorts?"

Ginny frowned, and her pose went from shy, innocent school girl to aggressively defensive almost instantly. "Three?" she demanded.

"Three," Harry said firmly. "Hermione is suggesting it, knowing how much I'd like a large family. I do know I wouldn't be interested in seriously thinking about it before next August in any case."

"Next August?" Ginny asked, dismayed.
"Next August, which would be the soonest you could think of openly becoming a consort anyway."

"It is? Oh . . . she said, remembering all the rules, "right." She smiled slyly. "Unless Daddy gives me permission before then."

"I would want that anyway," Harry told her, "and I'm not promising anything. I haven't seriously thought about going past two." He sighed. "If I had to, today, I suppose I would consider you. I like you, and you're cute and smart, but I tend to think of you almost like a sister, even though I know perfectly well you're not anything of the sort."

Ginny now seemed torn between anger and tears, but said, "Could I please act as Chaperon? At least for now?"

Harry scowled. "Why torture yourself?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"It won't bother you, watching Hermione do what you wish you were doing?" Harry asked.

"I do want to be the one doing it," Ginny admitted. "I've wanted to ever since the day I met you, no matter that I was just ten, didn't really know much about what 'it' was, and knew I couldn't for at least three years, more likely four or five." Ginny gave Harry her most determined look, which was a very determined one indeed. "Can you really swear I won't ever become one of your consorts, Harry?"

"No," Harry said with a sigh. Hermione seemed to be pushing the idea to some degree, and since Harry could hardly honestly say he was strongly against the idea of having sexual contact with another desirable teen, even one who had manipulated him in another time line, he couldn't say a flat-out 'no'.

"Then leave me some hope," she asked.

"Alright," Harry said, "you may Chaperon. Still, I was wondering if you would consider doing something for me?"

"Probably," Ginny had to say. "What?"

"Could you get to know Neville better?"

Ginny looked puzzled. "Why?"

"Because Neville has a lot of potential," Harry said. "I truly believe that he could be the second most powerful wizard in my year, after myself. He might be the third most powerful person, certainly the fourth. So, while I'm not saying a flat 'no' to you, I'm asking that you get to know Neville. If you decide that he might be better for you, fine. If not, just don't break his heart. If you do find him nice and desirable, you might help him find that confidence he needs."

Harry looked at Ginny and went on. "Ignoring, if you can, the whole 'Boy-Who-Lived' and 'Chosen One' stuff. . . ."

"Not easy to do, but I can try," Ginny said.

"Objectively, Neville is well-off, and will grow into a position of political influence. I know you can't direct your heart any more than I can, Ginny, and I'm not asking you to. I am asking you to consider if being Neville's likely only consort, more likely his true bondmate, might not be a better position for someone, not necessarily you, than my third or fourth consort."

Ginny frowned in thought, and then said, "So, you're asking me to get close to Neville, in part hoping we fall for each other, and if we don't, so that I can find someone else nice for him?"

"Basically, yes," Harry agreed. "Is that too much to ask?"

"No, no I suppose not," Ginny said.



Harry and Hermione were snuggled together on a small sofa later that evening, and Harry had been explaining what had happened.

"I told you," Hermione said, continuing their conversation in a whisper.

"I didn't doubt you," Harry answered. "Why are you pushing her?"

"She's had this crush for five years," Hermione pointed out. "She's hardly fickle."

"True," Harry had to agree. "Plus the two of you are intimate friends."

"We were," Hermione agreed. "That seems ended, at least for the moment."

"Any other reason?"

"Well, there were those last ten days before we came back to Hogwarts. How many times were we doing it every day?" Harry blushed slightly. "I don't know if it's because you're fifteen, because of your magic, because of those potions, or whatever, but we were doing it at least four times every day, and that one day we managed ten. Tell me, you're wanking at least every morning, aren't you?"

Harry nodded. His libido was in overdrive, so he was also doing it most nights.

"I know women generally have more sexual endurance than men, but I think you're an exception. You can probably handle three to six women, especially once we start having children in three or four years."

"Do you really think I could love six women?"

"Love isn't a finite thing, or the same in everyone," Hermione said. "You may just love Luna and myself. You might find it in yourself to love four others, and all our children, with ease."

"Are you interested in Padma?" Harry asked.

"She's nice and very sexy, but not as such," Hermione said. "Whatever drew me to her in the other time-line isn't active right now." She shrugged. "That might change, it might not. To be honest, I admit I likely would desire her if I got close to her. Right now, though, I'm more interested in getting to know Luna."
Harry nodded.


Just before 11:00, Harry caught Fred and George and led them to an alcove. "How go the Whizzes?"

"Pretty well," Fred said. "We have a good set of products, although we will need to be testing them soon."

"And we think we'll have just enough resources to open a small store next summer," George added.

"Why a small store?" Harry asked.

"Well, we don't have the money for a bigger place. . . ."

"And we won't have the cash to hire help, assuming we could find anyone we could trust."

"Ah, as for help you could trust, I know one of you took Katie to the Ball, but aren't the two of you more interested in Alicia and Angelina?"

"True." Not that the twins were solidly sure of which of the two girls each liked best, and neither had they written off Katie. Nor had any of the three girls written them off.

"However, to be sordid, most girls, especially the smart ones -- and all of them are smart -- would want a bit of financial security to go along with the emotional security, before committing to anything before leaving school, especially to what you and Hermione are doing."

"True," Harry agreed in turn. "Now, the seed money I gave you was, remember, a gift. I am considering an actual investment, if you'd accept one."

"Amount and terms?" George asked.

"I want ten percent of the net, starting in the year 2000," Harry said. "The first payment will be on the first quarter day in 2001 and based on the first quarter of the previous year, the rest on the second."

"And the amount you're interested in putting in?" Fred asked anxiously.

"How does twenty thousand sound?" Harry asked.
"
It sounds like if Hermione ever has a sore throat, George and I will go down on you," Fred admitted.

"I can give you a draft for a thousand now. On the second Hogsmeade weekend, we can sign the partnership agreement." Seeing the twins frown, Harry added, "You will need to see a solicitor on the first weekend to set that up, right?" The twins nodded their understanding.

Harry went on, "The rest of the money will be available after the New Year on the terms I mentioned." The twins again nodded. "Now, no matter if the girls get formally involved with the two of you or not, here are the rules for testing your products at Hogwarts. No extemporaneous testing. No unpaid or surprise testing. Testing only on Friday evenings and Saturdays, so that anything that goes wrong can be fixed. And I want Angelina and Alicia, or some one designated by Hermione, to be at any testing to help out if anything goes wrong."

"Ah."

"Now the light breaks."

"For your Beloved's peace of mind, we agree." Fred and George bowed to Harry.

"Not to mention that it gives the two of you good reasons to get close to the girls, and for them to know your prospects," Harry pointed out. The twins grinned and went on to their dorm.

"Quite the little matchmaker, aren't you, Harry?"

Sign up to rate and review this story