Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Is She Still A Fan?

by ShutMeUp_ 4 reviews

A My Chemical Romance is no longer afan of them. Read her story about how she moved on, without a care about them.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-16 - 1366 words

0Unrated
DON'T OWN; NEVER HAPPENED; NOT REAL; ALL FICTION!


“Mum!” The young teenager calls out to her mother, running down the stairs happily.

“Yes, Chelsea?” Her mother, hair tied up neatly, asked as she walked out from the kitchen to see her daughter, a happy smile on her face.

“My Chemical Romance, their concert is soon.” She smiled hopefully.

Her mother cleared her throat. “And?”

“Can I go?” She asked, clinging to her mother’s jumper’s sleeves.

“You’re a little too young to be attending a concert.” Her mother told her. “Especially to see that band.” Her mother wisely told her daughter. “You’re only fourteen.”

“But, mum-“ The young woman began.

“No.” Her reply hurt, the teenager thought.

“Mum please!” Chelsea begged.

“No, Chelsea. That’s the end of this conversation.” Her mother said, walking back into the kitchen.

“The end?” She questioned. “The End is a song by My Chemical Romance.” She mumbled, walking back upstairs, to her room.

She signs into her account, a website known for instant messaging. She smiles, a few friends are online. Her screen name displayed brightly at the top of the screen:

I Am Not Afraid To Keep On Living.

A faint noise is heard from the computer, a small screen appears on the side, indicating that someone wishes to start a concert with the teenager, Chelsea. Her friend, Sarah, wishes to talk to her.

Their conversation goes on and on about My Chemical Romance, their videos, songs, lyrics, members and all. Later, the conversation finishes. Chelsea then searches in an engine, wishing to know about her favorite band. Soon, a website is shown that lists numerous rock bands. Scrolling down the section labeled ‘M’, as the bands are listed in alphabetical order.

She sees My Chemical Romance but another name catches her eye. She clicks on the new name, a band she has never heard of before. Many pictures show up, the band members neatly dressed with their hair to match. She reads about them, information galore.

She then listens to a few of their songs, admitting their musical skills, and loving their lyrics performed. She writes down the name of the band on some nearby paper, as well as their latest album, knowing that this band is something new.



IS SHE STILL A FAN?



“Mother!” Chelsea called. She only used ‘mother’ when she desperately wanted something.

“Yes?” Her mother who cared for her dearly, called back.

“I have a proposition for you.” Chelsea smiled happily.

“Proposition? Can you even spell that, dear?” Her mother laughed.

“No time for sarcasm.” Chelsea said, slightly annoyed. “Now, seeing as you said I cannot see My Chemical Romance.” Chelsea mumbled. “I have an idea, that will make us all happy.”

“Which is what exactly?” Her mother questioned, her eyes wide with wonder.

“Well, by the time I’m sixteen, you’ll let me go tot heir concert, correct?” Chelsea asked now on the tip of her toes.

“Yes, with friends, certainly.” Her mother said her apron then was tightened around her waist by her slender hands.

“Okay. By then, albums will be released and they’ll be touring.” Chelsea said, her mother nodded. “And you’ll let me go?” her mother nodded yet again. “You must sign this then.”

“What’s this?” Her mother chuckled at the piece of paper thrown into her face, not literally, of course. Her mother looked down at the paper, quickly reading the handwriting. The words, all written in blue sated:





Chelsea Michaels, the biggest My Chemical Romance fan, will be permitted to see her favorite band when the have a concert in a local arena. Her mother, Linda Michaels, agrees to this, when she signs this paper, on the line provided ;

-------------------------------------

Yours sincerely,
Chelsea Michaels.





Her mother laughed softly as a pen was handed to her. She signed the paper, a neat signature on the line provided.

“This band will fade out soon enough.” Her mother said, giving her back the piece paper and pen.

“Will not.” Chelsea snapped back.

“It’s an obsession, honey.” The older woman stated.

“Not obsession, devotion.” Chelsea said, as if a fact, according to the tone in her voice.

“You‘ll get over them.” Her mother laughed.

“That’ll never happen!” Chelsea yelled. “I’ll love them forever.”

Chelsea walks into the music store, looking for the ‘M’ section. She finds it, according to rock as well, and smiles happily. Running her hand across the cover of many CD’s, she passes My Chemical Romance a band she liked, once loved, once obsessed with too.

She sighs, ignoring the cover with black and gray splattered over it. She then squeals, happily and excited, and picks up the CD she was once really looking for. The cover with the members on her made her heart happy, it fluttered when she brings it the counter.

As she pays for it, the worker there recognizes the teenager, now fifteen.

“Not buying anything to do My Chemical Romance are we?” He asks.

Chelsea looks up, notching the young man with his black combed. “No, not today.” She says softly.

“Over them?” He asks.

“What?” Her eyes lock with his.

“You’re over them now.” He laughs.

“Whatever.” She mumbles, after paying for the CD she runs out, sadness, yet happiness, running through her body.



IS SHE STILL A FAN?




“Yay!” She exclaimed, posters covering her whole room. These posters were of My Chemical Romance, individuals ones and all. All across her room the same faces could recognized. Captions ripped out from magazines also plastered on her wall.

OUR LADY OF SORROWS!

That could be read, in big red letters, making Chelsea smiles again. Looking to another side, an individual poster of the singer, Gerard, could be seen. Chelsea sighed, enjoying the picture as the beautiful man before her captured her eyes. Walking over to it, she pulled the ‘contract’ her mother signed, agreeing to let her attend the concert, from her pocket

She leaned closely to the poster, admiring his now easily visible features on his face. “Some day, Gerard,” She whispered. “Some day, I’ll see you.” She said, softly still.

“I’ll fell your music, but live this time.” She spoke more quietly now. “I promise.”

The ‘contract’, neatly folded was then in her hands. She traced her fingers up to the top of the poster, softly pulling it off, being carefully not rip it. She grabbed glue tack from the desk close by, placing a bit on the back of the latter and the onto the wall.

She pulled the poster of Gerard over the poster, smiling triumphantly as the contract was secure now.

Chelsea turned sixteen a few days before. She enters her room, smiling as she is glad she had reached her senior teenage years. New posters of her favorite band in her hands. She smiles, as she remembers the first time she bought their album.

She recalls looking at another band’s CD.

The Used, was it?
No.

Panic At The Disco?
No.

Maybe, Bullet For My Valentine?
No.

“My Chemical Romance!” She screams, she was proud she remembered their name. She had seen videos of them earlier on television, their latest album was released. Setting the posters down on a near by desk, she sees the singer of the band she said before.

“Gerard Way.” She says aloud. She pulls the poster down fiercely, not caring if it ripped or not. Out falls a piece of paper, colors softly faded due to years behind there. She opens it, folding the pieces over a few times before the whole piece of paper is visible.

She reads it out loud. “Chelsea Michaels, the biggest My Chemical Romance fan, will be permitted to see her favorite band when the have a concert in a local arena. Her mother, Linda Michaels, agrees to this, when she signs this paper, on the line provided; Yours sincerely, Chelsea Michaels.

She laughs out loud. “Stupid!” She yells. She rips the paper into pieces. The fall to the floor, Chelsea not caring at all. The poster of the singer was replaced by her new favorite band.


IS SHE STILL A FAN?
Sign up to rate and review this story