Categories > Original > Drama

Darkness Shining

by Axel-Ingleson 0 reviews

When their home is attacked by a hoarde of demonic creatures, Masamune-Raiden and his companions seek a new life on a faraway island.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-20 - Updated: 2008-06-20 - 382 words

0Unrated
Darkness Shining
Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Masamune-Raiden and company are my own characters. If you wish to use any of them, please contact me.

It had been five years since Masamune-Raiden had left his home village to explore the universe. He had boarded a small ship along with his friends when his village had been overrun by a hoard of demonic creatures. Most of the people there had been able to fight, him included. But sheer numbers held out, and the demons seemed to multiply before their very eyes.

Masamune-Raiden was not a normal human being. The son of a man named Riku; he looked human enough, save for the angelic wings that graced his shoulders. His hair and wings were both so pale a shade of lavender that they looked silver.

His friends, Namikaze, Yoshinori, Tenshihisaki, Hanako, Kashou, and a five year old child named Raven, who was his half-brother (he had lost his twin brother, Taro, in the attack), had barely made it to the ship on that fateful day when the demons had attacked.

He turned to face the group who had escaped the village along with him.

"There are two uninhabited islands in this area," he told them. "Both appear to support humanoid life. Shall we pick the closest one, or flip a coin?"

"Captain's choice," Namikaze replied.

"Closest one it is, then," Masamune-Raiden decided. "We should be landing in two hours. Everybody knows the drill, I assume."

They did, and they nodded to confirm this.

When the ship came to land just shy of two hours, Tenshihisaki and Kashou were the first two to grab their gear since it was in front of the others in the locker. Namikaze was next. Last, but not least, came the vulpine form of Yoshinori. He sniffed the air, then barked happily as he leapt around in joyful circles.

"Everyone carries something," Masamune-Raiden told them. "If we're going to colonize this island..."

"Colonize!" Hanako laughed. "We don't have enough people here to colonize a ramen shop."

"Be that as it may, we at least have to survive. Even if we don't end up colonizing this place, we'll do our best."

"So, what do we call this place anyhow?" Tenshihisaki asked.

Masamune-Raiden considered for a moment, and then said, simply.

"Welcome to St. Riku."
Sign up to rate and review this story