Categories > Books > Outsiders > We'll Be Back

Chapter 4

by xemmiex 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2008-06-24 - Updated: 2008-06-24 - 1765 words

-1OOC
I do not own The Outsiders :’(
I’m not very good with Sodapop’s POV, but I’ll try it for the people that asked!


********


CHAPTER 4 - Ponyboy’s POV

It was black. I couldn’t see anything. I heard voices too. They were laughing at me. Mocking me.

“GREASER!” They all screamed at me. I couldn’t tell where it came from.

“Don’t be scared. This’ll be fun… for me anyway.” Then I felt hands on me. On my bare chest and legs. Rubbing on every inch of skin they could find. I felt his lips on my again, then I felt him shove something else in my mouth. I started crying loudly. Yelling for Darry and Soda to come help me. The Soc was getting undressed himself now. Grabbing me by the waist and entering my roughly. It felt worst then the first time. It hurt so much more. I was shacking and whimpering. My whole body felt as if it was fire. I couldn’t move to get away from them. My body wasn’t letting me. I looked around at the others faces. There was the gang. Just standing there laughing at me. I couldn’t believe it, even Soda was laughing.

They weren’t gonna help me, everyone was just standing there, not doing anything. I started to scream again with more tears running down my face. They don’t even care. They all want to see me suffer. I felt even dirtier now, with all them there watching me. Looks of disgust appeared on some of their faces. They started walking away, leaving me all alone with the Socs. I was screaming for them to come back, but they just kept walking away from me.

“DARRY! SODA! HELP ME PLEASE!” It was like they didn’t even hear me.

Sodapop’s POV

I woke up when I felt Ponyboy moving around a little. I looked at the clock. It was 3:36 in the morning. I heard a sob escape from him and reached over to turn on the light on the night stand. Looking over at Pony, he was twisted up in the covers, almost like he was trying to get away from something I couldn’t see. He’d gone really pale, and had broken out in a cold sweat. There were tears running down his face accompanied by a little whimper. He hadn’t had one of his night in almost 8 months. He finally stop having them about two months after mom and dad died.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his shacking body. I thought that if he could feel me near him, then he'd calm down. But almost as soon as I touched him he let out a ear piercing scream. I heard movement in Darry room at the end of the hall, so I knew he had heard Ponyboy. I bet the whole neighbourhood had heard Ponyboy’s scream. He started crying harder and trying to push me away.

“DARRY! SODA! HELP ME PLEASE!” Pony shouted at the top of his lungs. He was scared to death of something and I wish I knew what. He was still trying to fight off the thing I couldn’t see when Darry came running into our room.

“Sodapop! What’s wrong?” He asked me in a confused voice.

“Pony’s having one of his nightmares again.” I told him. His cold blue eyes now held concern. He never liked it when Ponyboy had nightmares. He walked over to Pony’s side of the bed and sat down. Darry grabbed Pony’s shoulders and shook him gently.

“Come on Pone. Wake up.” More tears just pored down his face. So Darry shook him a little harder. Ponyboy’s eyes snapped open and he shoot into a sitting position. I reached out to touch his shoulder but he just let out a startled cry and backed into the head board as far as he could. He was looking around the room nervously, like he was expecting someone else to be there. I tried to touch him again and this time he didn’t pull away. Pony grabbed onto my shirt and buried his face in my chest. Powerful sobs shook his body and I could feel my shirt getting wet from his tears. Darry moved over a little so he could rub Ponyboy’s back. He jumped a little when he felt Darry hand on his back but he didn’t pull away from him either.

“Everything’s fine, Pone. It was just a dream.” I kept whispering soothing words into his ear in hopes of calming him down.

“Take it easy little buddy.” Darry told him. “you’re gonna get sick if you don’t calm down.” Ponyboy took a few deep breaths and tried to get his crying under control. Me and Darry sat there for a good twenty minutes until Pony pulled away from me a laid down again. He was wiping the last tears off his face as they fell down onto his cheeks. He took another deep breath and looked at me and Darry for the first time since he woke up.

“I’m fine.” Was all he said, looking down at the sheets as soon as he finished talking. He voice was still shacking and he still looked kinda pale.

“You sure?” I asked him. Pony just nodded his head and refused to look at me.

“You remember what it was about Pony?” Darry asked him in a concerned voice. I hadn’t heard Darry talk like that to anyone for a while.

“I… uhh..” He stammered. So he just settled for shacking his head. He was lying and I could tell. Pony wouldn’t look at either of us and I couldn’t remember a time when his other nightmares scared him this bad. Darry bought it though.

“Okay… well get back to sleep guys. I gotta work in the morning.”

“Night Darry.” I told him. Ponyboy didn’t say anything, just crawled under the covers and moved over closer to me. I through an arm around his shoulders and I could still feel him shacking.

“You sure you’re alright Pone?”

“Yeah.” I sighed. I wasn’t gonna get anything outta him unless he wanted me to know. He could be as stubborn and Darry at times. I let it go for now. But I’d try to get him to talk to me later. He been jumped by Socs a bunch of times before, and he’s never been as scared as he is now.

“Alright. Night Ponyboy.”

“Night.”

Ponyboy’s POV

It didn’t take long before I could hear Soda’s even breathing and a soft snoring. He could fall asleep in minutes if he wanted to. But I couldn’t sleep anymore. I was to scared I’ve have the nightmare again.

I stayed up for a while longer, watching the clock as the minutes ticked by. I felt even worse now. I was humiliated, and scared. I felt used and dirty. A million showers could never take away that feeling either. The Socs words still ringing in my head as my mind replayed everything that had happened. If more than anything, I was afraid to tell my brothers about what happened. Soda probably thinks something’s up. He can always tell when something’s wrong with me. I knew they would hate me they ever knew. I hated myself mostly for letting it happen. If I had just fought a little harder maybe it wouldn’t have happened. Maybe if I used my head once in a while I wouldn’t have been in this mess to begin with. I hated myself, it was my fault… all of it.

I felt angry tears slid down my face. I was frustrated. I didn’t know what to do now. But I couldn't sit here any longer or I’d go insane. Looking at the clock it read 5:37. I could go watch the sun rise. They always made me feel better. I got out of bed and striped out of the clothes I slept in. I was still soar and it hurt to bend over, so I just through them on the floor beside the dresser. I grabbed some clean boxer and jeans, slowly pulling them up so I wouldn’t hurt myself t much. I grabbed another one of Soda’s shirts that was hanging on the desk chair.

Walking out of the room quietly so I wouldn’t wake Soda up, I made my way down the hall and to the front door. I walked outside onto the porch just as the sun was making its was out from behind the trees. There were so many colours in the sky. Pink, purple, blue, gold. Lighting a cancer stick I inhaled deeply and felt my body relax for the first time since track practice had ended last night. I don’t know what it was about sun rises and sun sets, but they always seemed to calm me down… no matter what mood I was in.

I lost track of time, but the sun was already up in the sky and I heard Darry making breakfast in the kitchen, so I new it was getting late. I didn’t have to go to school today so I stayed out of the porch and just thought about what was going on. I got lost in my thoughts again. Day dreaming was always my thing. Sometimes I even drifted off in the middle of a conversation, just staring off into space. The gang always made fun of me for it. Especially Steve and Two-Bit. I didn’t think it was really all that funny though. Nether did Darry.

When you live on the east side, day dreaming and not paying enough attention to what’s going on around you can get you into serious trouble. And I had to learn that the hard way. But I was broken away from my thoughts when I heard Sodapop yell from our room.

“PONYBOY!” He sounded scared.


********


Hoped you liked it! I’ll probably be updating this story soon science I finished my other story yesterday. I hope Soda POV worked out okay, but I think I can write Pony’s thoughts better. I still like Soda, so I’m planning to keep his POV in this story quiet a lot. Besides… I knew everyone loves Sodapop Curtis! ;) Thanks for all the reviews!! I love them!
Sign up to rate and review this story