Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 20: Savanti's Revenge Part II

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 5120 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter Twenty: Savanti’s Revenge Part Two:

Savanti reared his head back and cackled madly, as his dinosaur companion also gave a mighty roar as Harry, Leo, Don, Raph, and Mikey stood ready, along with Renet who was taking a few quiet steps backwards. After a moment, Savanti turned to the group, a malignant expression etched upon the demon sorcerer’s face.

“Hand over the time sceptre and I may make your death less prolonged,” demanded Savanti in a wicked voice, before he turned to the group, who remained focused, stern, as they stared down Savanti. “Very well, you have dug your collective graves.”

Savanti waved his hand, as it illuminated in a red color. A rustling from the nearby bushes indicated another group of possessed dinosaurs rushed the group, who readied themselves for battle. Harry dodged the snapping jaws of one of his attackers, while Mikey swung his weapons. A loud shatter indicated the dinosaur’s jaw was cracked and it gave an anguished roar, before it lunged forward, snapping at the Turtles and Harry, as Leo grabbed Renet by the wrist, before he hoisted her up and set her a top of Zog the Triceratops.

“Renet, stay here, fix the time sceptre,” said Leo sternly and Renet’s eyes widened in absolute horror, as Raph just barely held back the teeth of his dinosaur opponent, Leo rushed forward, slashing his sword at the back of the neck of the terrible lizard. The lizard roared, turning it’s attention to Leo, allowing Raph to mount the beasts back, grabbing it tightly around the head and twisting it with all of his strength.

“This is nuts!” whined Renet as she shook the time sceptre, but it stilled hummed, glowing red, as it was unable to go. “Work, work you stupid thing, come on, can’t you see this is a life and death situation?”

Mikey and Don extended Mikey’s weapons forward, allowing Harry to spring up, and step on the heads of the dinosaurs, causing them to be staggered. At that exact moment, Raph and Leo rushed in, slicing their weapons at the beasts, backing them off. Savanti extended his staff forwards, as he directed his tyrannosaurus rex minion towards the quintet of ninjas. The beast, hungry for fresh meat, bared its teeth, as it made its way towards the Turtles and Harry. Mikey was knocked to his back by one of the minions, as Harry rushed in, engaging the dinosaur into battle, picking up a rock and leaping up, cracking it across the beasts skull. The large tyrannosaurus rex bent down, ready to make Mikey the first course for the evening, but at that second, Zog the Triceratops rushed forward, causing Renet to shriek in surprise, as she just barely managed to hang on. The Triceratops struck the Tyrannosaurus Rex right in the side of the leg, backing it off. The beast swiped its claws at the horned dinosaur, but to its credit, it remained its ground. The Triceratops stepped back and rushed forward, goring it with its horns. Savanti leapt from the back of his steed, as it dropped to the ground, punctured, with blood dripping from its chest, with Renet down on the ground, still attempting to get the time sceptre to work.

Savanti looked around, as he watched his dinosaur minions begin to lose against the Turtles and Harry. Angrily, he narrowed his eyes, before he raised the staff high into the air, causing it to glow, as he looked skyward enough.

“The time sceptre will be mine,” grunted Savanti in a wicked voice. “Winged warriors of the sky, hear your master’s voice, bring the time sceptre and the one who wields it, to me!”

Several winged dinosaurs circled in the air nearby and suddenly, the spell struck them, their eyes glowing red, before they dove down towards Renet! Renet screamed, as one of the flying beasts dove at her, clawed feet extended, as it dive bombed at her head, dropping her to the ground and causing the time sceptre to fly from her hands. Quickly, the dinosaur caught it, as it flew over towards its master, dropping the time sceptre into Savanti’s hands, who broke out into an ear to ear wicked grin, as he held it up triumphantly.

“At last the time sceptre is mine, now for the Timestress herself,” shouted Savanti, as he pointed his staff, directing the winged minions forward. Renet screamed, as they ripped her from the ground, before they propelled themselves forward, carrying the Mistress Time Apprentice off. When they realized what was happening, the Turtles and Harry rushed forward, but Savanti pointed his newly acquired time sceptre, which was now working. Large rocks erupted from the ground, forming a barrier between the group of Savanti, blocking them from moving forward. “Sorry to cut this meeting so short, but the Timestress and I have a pressing engagement with a meteor”

Savanti laughed as one of his winged minions lowered down to the ground. In an instant, the demon sorcerer mounted the winged creature, as it flew forward, carrying the demon sorcerer off and out of sight, just as the Turtles and Harry reappeared from behind the large jagged rocks, helplessly watching as Savanti moved further out of sight.

“Well there goes our ride,” commented Leo in a despondent voice.

“Never mind that, we need to move now, Savanti’s up to something, we need to figure out what,” said Harry quickly, as the others nodded in agreement, before they moved forward, in pursuit of the demon sorcerer. It was a one in a million shot that they could find him, as he could have been gone absolutely anywhere.

Renet’s eyes slowly opened, as her head hurt, as she began to come to her senses.

“Man what a horrible nightmare...” stated Renet before she screamed as she looked up, seeing the face of Savanti Romero.

“Welcome to your demise,” stated Savanti as he began with a loud laughter echoed, as Renet was chained up to the top of a large dome constructed of dinosaur bones, as Renet was helplessly hanging in mid air.

Several moments later, the group made their way towards the large jungles, which judging by the rising heat, they were getting rather close to the Ring of Fire. As they moved forward, Don leaned forward, looking rather delirious, before he let out a loud sneeze. He looked rather dizzy, and the group turned around, seeing the state of their brother, the cold, in addition to the heat of the looming volcanoes seemed to be really affecting him.

“Don, are you okay?” asked Leo in a concerned voice.

“Do you need a chip?” prompted Mikey, as he removed a chip from his bag, before Don shook his head. Shrugging, Mikey began to eat the chip.

“Yeah, I’m fine, but even with find Renet in time, I don’t know how much good it will do if we save her,” commented Don weakly. “We don’t have much time left.”

“Uh come again,” commented Mikey in an absolutely befuddled tone of voice, as he looked at Don with a confused expression.

“Yeah, what’s with this, there isn’t much time left?” demanded Raph as he stepped forward, but Don craned his neck upwards, before he turned to address his brothers.

“Well, by the looks of things, we are in the late Cretaceous period and I don’t think that’s a star up there,” remarked Don seriously, as he pointed to a glowing red light in the sky that was very off in the distance, that was close enough to be visible. “Well, that looks like it might be an asteroid, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. You know, the cataclysmic final disaster that caused them to all be extinct and was the catalyst for the ice age.”

The group gulped in terror, when they realized the implications of what Don was saying.

“Well that just makes everything all the better,” commented Harry in a dry, sarcastic voice.

“Yeah, thanks for the pep talk, Don,” added Raph with a roll of his eyes, as he shook his head, as they turned, before they fought through the jungles once again, urgency was mounting heavily. Time was in fact running out, both for Renet and their entire existence.

“What are you going to do to me?” asked Renet in an absolute mortified voice, as Savanti stared down at her, before deciding to explain his plan for to the apprentice, as she was immobilized by the chains, despite frantic struggles.

“It’s very simple, a heavy amount of raw magical energy will be summoned from the skies, through the time sceptre,” commented Savanti, as he indicated upwards to the large swirling vortex of magical energy high above the skies, as the light that extended outwards began to tint the sky in a red tone. “The energy from the time sceptre will connect to you, destroying you and shall give me ultimate power!”

Renet shrieked in absolutely horror as Savanti laughed, as he watched the spell gain power. In a matter of minutes, it would be ready, but Savanti could wait, as he had all the time in the world and soon, not only Renet would be destroyed, but five more thorns from his side would vanish completely from existence.

The Turtles and Harry hacked and slashed their way towards the heavy jungle coverage, before they reached the edge of a cliff, spotting the large dome of bones off in the distance.

“Great!” shouted Raph angrily. “How much you want to bet Renet’s at the top of that thing?”

“Guess, we’re going to have to find a way to get up there then,” commented Leo but Harry looked closer, seeing movement.

“That’s not our only movement,” remarked Harry darkly, as he pointed to a dinosaur that was moving down below around the bone spiral. “Leave to Savanti to leave sentries to make sure no one comes out.”

“A velociraptor!” breathed Don in an awed voice, as he recognized the dinosaur on sight, as Mikey gulped behind him.

“Ah crud, those are the worst ones, I’ve seen Jurassic Park, twice,” said Mikey as his eyes widened, but Raph did not seemed to convinced about the dinosaur’s menace, as he looked at it with the dinosaur with distaste.

“That’s a velociraptor, puh-lease,” scoffed Raph, as he looked down at the dinosaur, before he moved forward, but Harry coughed, as he pointed further down, off to the side of the spiral of bones, as more predators emerged, joining the first dinosaur.

“Did I mention that they hunt in packs?” asked Don, as the group watched, as the velociraptors circled the spiral of bones, as it was obvious they had it well guarded, to obviously ensure that no one passed. Leo took a deep breath, before he turned to the group, closing his eyes.

“Okay, we need a plan and we need one quick, so give me a few minutes to think…” stated Leo but Mikey cut him off, with a triumphant look on his face, as an idea came to mind.

“Leave it to me, bro,” commented Mikey as he stepped over. On the other side of the cliff, the velciraptors sniffed around, to look for food, but the rustling in the bushes prompted the predators to look up, as they fixed their eyes on the bushes, ready to pounce on any prey. “Hey fido, how about some twenth century dino chow?”

At that moment, Mikey’s bag flew out of the bushes, causing chips to fly in every which direction. However, the velociraptors did not seem to be interested in the chips, rather they looked up, growling as they moved forward.

“Great, they’re looking up at us like we’re the dino chow!” shouted Raph in an absolutely irritated voice, as they could hear the dinosaurs approaching them.

“Mikey that was your big plan, they’re carnivores, they don’t eat chips!” shouted Don in an irritated voice, as the smacking sound echoed in the distance.

“Way to go, shell for brains,” remarked Raph, as the dinosaurs scaled the cliff, ready for action, as Raph turned to Leo. “So now what’s the plan?”

“I’m thinking!” snapped Leo shortly, as they group backed off, as the dinosaurs sprung from the bushes, growling at the group, as they stalked them.

“Could you do it more quickly?” asked Raph in an irritated voice, as the group looked on apprehensively, as more climbed up.

“I’ve got an idea, RUN LIKE HELL FOR THE SPIRAL!” shouted Harry, as the group rushed forward, dodging under the attempts of the velociraptors attempts to take a bite out of them. The group slid down the cliff, kicking several clouds of dust upwards, as the velociraptors turned around, before they made their way forward, growling, not wanting their prey to slip towards their fingers. Harry leapt up, and latched onto the spiral, as he attempted to pull himself up, climbing his way up, as the others followed him one from by one, including Mikey, who looked absolutely mortified at what he was climbing.

“Mikey, move it, quit fooling around!” shouted Leo and Mikey quickly scrambled upwards, when the velociraptor snapped at his ankles. Mikey managed to just barely climb out of reach, along with the others, as they made their way up the dome, towards the top. The velociraptors made a couple of futile attempts to move after them, but found that there was no way they could catch up to the group. As a result, the Turtles and Harry scaled their way upwards.

“I think I’ll leave the plan to someone who won’t foul it up next time,” commented Mikey.

“Good idea,” said Leo shortly, as they made their way upwards, as Mikey winced as he realized he grabbed hold of the eye socket of a skull.

“Ewww, please tell me this isn’t made of what I think it’s made of,” shouted Mikey, as he just barely managed to make his way further up, as they continued their climb.

“It’s made of bones, fresh dinosaur bones,” commented Don as he studied the dome. “Thousands of thousands of them.”

“What did I say, I said don’t tell me!” shouted Mikey, in a mortified voice.

“Let’s go, time is running out, we need to reach the top soon,” stated Harry in an urgent voice, as they made their forward, as the swirling of dark magic high above, along with the red tinted sky indicated that Savanti’s plan had went off well so long, but if it had been completely executed, Harry reasoned that the dastardly demon would be long gone, along with any traces of any rituals he would have done.

Renet looked up, urgently, as she attempted to pull herself loose. The position she was in was very uncomfortable to say the least, and it severely cramped her neck, not to mention the chains left little room for movement at all, no doubt what Savanti intended.

“Uh, hello, Mr. Demon Sorcerer guy, could you like let me down?” begged Renet. “Seriously, I am so totally done with this okay, you need to let me down, this is so totally uncomfortable.”

“Wretched child, soon your tongue will be silenced forever,” commented Savanti wickedly as he looked high above, the sceptre began to glow, it was only a matter of time now. “The spells have been cast, your sacrifice is inevitable, no one can stop me now!”

“Savanti!” shouted the voice of Leo, as Savanti looked up to see the Turtles and Harry off in the distance at the other end of the dome, as lighting whipped from the sky right behind them, as they stared down the demon sorcerer with defiant looks on their face. “Let her go now, demon!”

“Or else,” added Raph as he twirled his Sais, as he looked at Savanti with a glare. Renet looked up, rather hopefully that perhaps she would be saved before she was destroyed but Savanti just looked rather disinterested at the attempts of the five warriors to stall his efforts and after a few seconds he decided to acknowledge their presence.

“Persistent little warriors, aren’t we?” scoffed Savanti in a disinterested voice as he started down each and every one of them, before he just laughed off their threats. “It matters little what you attempt to do to me, as your fates have been sealed.”

“Guys, he’s like insane, he’s planning to destroy the timeline, your timeline,” said Renet and Mikey gave a gasp of horror, as the others looked with horrified looks as they took steps forward, as Renet added, almost as an afterthought. “And me.”

“Yes, as the Timestress as so crudely pointed out, her destruction is inevitable, as is yours,” said Savanti, as he wickedly looked at the Turtles and Harry. “In a matter of moments, a bolt of energy will be called down, channeled directly through the time sceptre. The time sceptre will be charged to full power, before it shoots towards her, completely obliterating the time stress and causing a backlash of pure, raw, unfocused magical energy to be shot off in every direction.”

“A blast of magical energy that powerful, especially that unfocused, it could have serious implications, in fact, it has the potential to ignite every volcano in the Ring of Fire,” commented Harry darkly and Don gasped when he realized the implications of what Harry had just said.

“But, if all the volcanoes get set off simultaneously, it could alter the Earth’s rotation tilting it slightly, just enough to cause the asteroid that eliminated the dinosaurs to miss its target, thus they would not be killed off,” remarked Don darkly. “Don’t you see what will happen, humanity would never rise, never exist, we would never exist.”

“Just think of it, no more Turtles, no more Harry Potter, and no more Renet, and with the sacrifice of an apprentice Timestress, not to mention an entire timeline, it will finally give me the power that I need to oppose and eliminate Lord Simultaneous, thus ascending to my destined role of the master of all time,” said Savanti, as he looked towards the group, a mad sort of glee etched in his eyes. “I shall enjoy watching each and every one of you disappear into oblivion.”

“Disappear this, demon!” shouted Raph angrily, as he rushed forward.

“Raph wait,” stated Harry but Raph had already jumped up, Sais extended in an attempt to attack Savanti, but the sorcerer extended his arm, causing Raph to blasted backwards, in mid air. Raph flew backwards, landing right next to his brothers, as Savanti just looked at them with narrowed eyes, before he nodded his head.

“I intended to allow the dinosaurs dispense with you,” commented Savanti, as he raised his arms, causing some of the bones around his feet to rattle, as they glowed red. “However, if you are so insistent on a battle, the job shall be done personally!”

Savanti raised his arms high into the air as several bones began to levitate into the air, swirling around in a vortex, before Savanti waved his arms. The bones constructed themselves around Savanti, forming a battle suit, before the demon sorcerer stepped forward, ready for battle.

“Let’s have some fun!” cheered Savanti in a triumphant voice, as he moved forward towards the Turtles and Harry, before he sprung up. The group scattered, causing Savanti’s fist to impact the top of the dome, causing it to rumble. Savanti turned around and Harry impacted Savanti with a vicious kick to the face, staggering the demon sorcerer backwards, but Harry found himself having to dodge a bolt of solid magical energy.

“Take care of Savanti, if I can free Renet, the spell would not be able to be cast,” said Leo, as the others nodded, as Harry slid underneath the vicious blast of magic from Savanti. The demon spun around and repelled a shot, before he knocked Harry directly to his back. Harry was dropped, as Don stepped forward, slamming his Bo Staff against the bone armor of Savanti, backing the demon off a step, but Savanti quickly reared back his arm before sending Don flying backwards, with a thud, as he watched Leo attempt to hack Renet’s chains free, but he stepped over, before he raised his arms and slammed them across the back of Leo’s shell, dropping him to his hands and knees, a pained expression on the turtle’s face as Savanti stood on his shell.

“Pathetic, I thought you would offer more sport than this,” commented Savanti as he casually deflected Raph’s Sais back towards him. Raph was then knocked down, as Mikey spun around, attempting to break Savanti’s armor with a well placed swing of his weapon, but Savanti knocked him backwards. Mikey dropped on his back as Harry once again moved in, staggering Savanti back a step, but Savanti placed his hands on the ground, blasting the Boy-Who-Lived backwards with vibration that went all the way across the spiral.

“If only there is some way to use Savanti’s own magic against him,” muttered Harry desperately, as he watched Leo come back, in an attempt to fight off Savanti, slashing his katanas at the bone armor, but Savanti would not go down, in fact, he dropped Leo effortlessly. It was unfortunate that the time sceptre had an adverse effect on Harry’s magic, as in completely suppressing it, as it would be a completely fair fight. Raph and Mikey once again attempted to attack Savanti but Savanti smashed them, causing them to fly back. Mikey landed hard and Raph skidded over the side of the spiral out of sight.

“Raph!” yelled Mikey but Raph had just managed to hang on, before he fell to his doom, as he attempted to pull himself up.

“This guy’s really getting under my shell,” grumbled Raph as he struggled but after a few seconds, he managed to pull himself up, as Leo moved over, attempting to cut Renet loose again, as the magic above them began to swirl even more, but Savanti rushed over and knocked Leo backwards, as Don looked over as the time sceptre, an idea coming to his mind right away.

“His magic is channeled through the time sceptre, if we take it out of the equation, we’ll be able to stop the spell,” commented Don.

“Do it, we’ll keep Savanti busy,” commented Harry, as he sprung up, before he kicked Savanti in the side, staggering him back, as Don moved forward, towards the chains that held Renet up, before he slammed his Bo Staff into the chain holding Renet’s right leg, making sure to exert enough force to break it.

“Oh careful Don, it’s a long way down,” warned Renet and she screamed as the other chain broke, leaving her hanging from the spiral only by her wrists. She looked up fretfully, as Don made his way over, before he scaled the spiral, towards where the time sceptre was hanging. “Don, where are you going?”

“I’ll be right back,” said Don in an absent minded voice, as he saw the sceptre glowing, he needed to find a way to remove it somehow, as the sounds of battle echoed from below, as Harry had managed to back off Savanti with a couple of kicks, nearly knocking his enemy off the dome of dinosaur bones to the ground below, but Savanti levitated Harry in the hair, before he threw him forward, causing him to slam against Raph, Leo, and Mikey with an amazing amount of force, as he looked up high above, as Don was reaching the time sceptre, nearly within reaching distance of the powerful magical artifact. Narrowly his eyes, Savanti raised his hand towards Don.

“Did you really think there would be an conceivable way I would allow you to take the time sceptre?” asked Savanti as a protecting shield charm began to burst outwards towards the sceptre, impacting Don, knocking him off the pedestal, causing him to fall forward, just barely able to grab onto a bone, to prevent him from falling down below. “The girl will be sacrificed and with it, your entire timeline!”

“I don’t think so!” yelled Raph as he rushed forward, attempting to stab his Sais through the armor, managing to find a small imperfection, as Savanti gave a loud, anguished scream as Raph backed him off. Quickly, Mikey, Leo, and Harry also joined the attack, backing Savanti off, as he skidded towards the side of the dome, before the demon’s eyes narrowed in absolute anger, as he turned to face the three Turtles and Harry.

“That’s it, no more games!” thundered Savanti as he blasted both of the Turtles and Harry with high impact waves of magical energy, knocking them on their backs, immobilizing them in stasis fields, as more bones swirled in the air, fixing themselves upon Savanti’s armor, causing the demon to look down at the group with a crazed expression etched in his eyes. “I will obliterate you and everything you know, when I’m done, there will be no evidence left that you ever even existed!”

Savanti’s inability to make sure that he had all of his enemies secured, was proving to be costly, as Don pulled Renet to safety, as the loud laughter echoed throughout the sky, as the time sceptre began to glow at its brightest yet, as Don aimed his Bo Staff towards the large bone tower holding it.

“Savanti!” shouted Don, as he caught the demon’s attention, before he had the Bo Staff. “Say good bye to the time sceptre, demon!”

Don threw the Bo Staff directly towards the bone tower holding it up. The impact shattered the bone tower, causing the time sceptre to fall. Instinctively, Savanti dived forward, grabbing onto the structure holding up the time sceptre. He just managed to catch it, just as the bolt of magical energy shot down, connecting with the time sceptre. Savanti screamed loudly when he realized what happened as he began to glow, as he fell backwards over the edge of the dome. All that could be seen was a glowing blinding form of solid magical energy that impacted the water below. The impact of which caused water to splash in every direction, as it bubbled slightly, before it began still, as the stasis spell that Savanti put around Harry, Raph, Leo, and Mikey disappeared, allowing them to get to their feet in a matter of seconds, as Renet and Don moved over, everyone looking rather relieved that Savanti may have been defeated.

“You did it, you saved me, you saved all of humanity and most importantly, I get to graduate!” cried Renet in an absolutely thrilled voice, as the dome began to crumble beneath their feet at that instant.

“Now what?” grumbled Raph as the dome continued to crumble right from underneath where they were standing.

“Now that Savanti’s been destroyed, there’s no magic to hold up this spiral, everyone off now!” shouted Harry urgently, as a result, the group quickly made their down the spiral as quickly as they could manage, just barely managing to climb down, before the entire dome collapsed around them, just managing to land on the ground. Fortunately, Savanti’s velociraptor minions had long since departed, leaving them no threats to contend with on the ground, so everyone breathed a sigh of relief, but the relief was only temporary.

“Uh, we have a problem,” said Mikey with a gulp after everyone was suddenly on the ground. “The time sceptre, where is it?”

“Mikey’s right, without the time sceptre, there’s no way for us to get home,” commented Leo gravely, before he turned to Renet. “Renet, is there any way at all you can contact Lord Simultaneous from here?”

“No,” responded Renet in a despondent tone of voice and the others looked grave, before Harry took a deep breath, as he saw the red glint in the distance, that seemed to be rather closer than it was when they had looked earlier.

“We have to search, the time sceptre has to be around here somewhere, especially considering the asteroid that could be hitting at any time that will destroy us,” said Harry and others nodded, before they moved forward, attempting to find any hint of the time sceptre, hoping it had not sunk down to the bottom, because if that happened, there would be no way whatsoever they can find it.

Fortunately, after over two hours of intensive and nonstop searching with all hope seemingly nearly lost when every avenue turned up empty, Mikey saw a silvery glint in the water.

“Hey, I think I found something!” shouted Mikey in a triumphant voice, as the others walked over and sure enough, Renet reached down, as she pulled it out of the water. Sure enough, it was the time sceptre. She pulled it up out of the depths, it looked a little slimy, but other than that, completely working.

“I think its like back to normal, guys,” said Renet as she waved the time sceptre around and sure enough, it began to illuminate in a bright blue light as opposed to the red light that it gave off, when Savanti had taken control of the magical time artifact. “That means, I can send you back home and return to give my report to Lord Simultaneous. Okay, here we go, I hope.”

The time sceptre powered up and a time hole appeared behind the Turtles and Harry Potter. A vacuum effect pulled them through, back to their own time, as they began to spiral forward through the year after year at the speed of light, until a portal opening up inside the lair where Master Splinter was deep in meditation, before it dumped the Turtles and Harry directly towards the ground.

“I cannot even begin to imagine where you five have been nor do I want to know,” commented Splinter calmly, without even looking behind him, as his sons managed to struggle to their feet, looking rather shaken from their incredible journey through all of time and space.

“If I time travel ever again, no matter when I do it, it will be all too soon,” said Harry, feeling rather ill from the trip, as he staggered around, feeling slightly queasy from the after affects, as the others turned to Harry, with nods of agreement.
Sign up to rate and review this story