Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Your Song

by Life_is_42 3 reviews

This is a Songfic based on the song "Your Song".

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-27 - 1275 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n: So i know there is no actual mention of a Panic boy, but there is a reason. You see I wrote it with one of them in mind (Which is why its under that category) but as I wrote it, I couldn't decide who it would be the most fitting of...so...I'm leaving it up to you and whatever suits your fancy. =) Maybe review and tell me who you pictured in this fic hehe! that would be fun! please do that! i'd love to hear. this is just supposed to be a cutesy sweet little thing. If you dont' like fluff and cheese x10...you probably won't like this one-shot.
Btw I wrote this awhile ago...but I've decided i rather like it heh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He paced the entrance of the restaurant, waiting for her to arrive. Was he just early, or was she late? He couldn’t tell anymore; his thoughts were too jumbled, his stomach too twisted, and his heart too busy racing from his throat, to his stomach, and back again, to be able to perform such a technical processes as remembering what time he had asked her to meet him.

How was he to tell her? Words, phrases half formed, little snippets of his emotions floated through his head, and once he thought he had formulated the perfect speech, it was gone before it could be stored to memory.

How would she react, providing he could speak clearly enough for her to understand? What if… but no, he had to go through with the plan now forming.

My gift is my song
And this one's for you
And you can tell everybody
That this is your song


He saw her enter, her hair a little windswept, but still elegant. His breath caught as he took in her perfect features that, even though he had memorized every detail of her over and over again, always caught him by surprise with their beauty. He felt that warm, fuzzy feeling that he would rarely admit to building in his twisting mid-drift.

“Hello, beautiful.” He whispered, taking her arm and guiding to the candle-lit table that was reserved for them.

They made small talk, the usual conversations. They went through the first course, the second, the evening was almost over.

Dessert had just been ordered, the candles were burning low and the room that was formerly crowded with other couples, was quieter and nearly empty. He thought he saw the friendly waiter motioning to him, signaling to get a move on with the plan. It was now or never.

“I have something to ask you.” His mind was racing as he spoke these words.

She looked at him inquisitively.

Holy Mother, what was he supposed to say now? He thought he knew, but her eyes gazing directly into his threw him off every time. How could she hold such captivating power over him? It was supposed to be a simple task. Just forming a few short sentences and waiting. Maybe now wasn’t the right time, maybe he should have waited to say this. But he had started, and he didn’t regret it, for he knew he couldn’t live without her. But his damned throat seemed to be completely blocked by his heart. That couldn’t be normal. He couldn’t get his voice out.

She coughed gently into the awkward silence and looked at him inquisitively.

It maybe quite simple
But now that it's done
Hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

“I just…you mean so much………..you’re simply….I want to ask you…..” For one usually at no loss for words; for someone who could usually converse like a normal human being, his words just were not coming from his mouth as he had planned.

Sat on the roof
And I kicked off the moss
Well some of the verses well
They got me quite cross

She smiled at him across the table, reached over and took his hand, rubbing it slightly in an encouraging manner.

“Yes?” she asked, smiling a little.

His heart was lifted miles high by that little smile. He knew, somehow, that all would be well. Her curving lips, her eyes, that smooth pale hand. He regrouped within his head and started again, with new eloquence.

But the sun's been kind
While I wrote this song
It's for people like you that
Keep it turned on


He cleared his throat and grinned at her.

“Sorry about that, I just lost my train of thought.” They shared a quiet laugh and then lapsed into silence, waiting for him to continue. He reached over to her, and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, savoring the silky feeling of the hair, his thumb brushing her smooth cheek.

“You look lovely tonight. As always.” He smiled, admiring the faint blush that crept over her face and the smile that graced her, in his eyes, perfect lips. How could he help but loose his composure when such a woman was before him.

So excuse me for forgetting
But these things I do
You see I've forgotten
If they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is well I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen


“I’ve never met anyone like you. You are everything that makes me love life.” He stared into her eyes, meaning every word he said. “I can’t imagine my life without you actually….and….I want, more than anything in the world, to spend the rest of my life with you. I can only pray that you would consider spending the rest of your life with someone like me, even though I don’t deserve someone a quarter as wonderful as you. And…um…well. I guess…” his breathing sped up a little with adrenaline and anticipation, “Will….will you marry me?”

He had said it, He had said it as he felt it and he didn’t care who knew now. His stomach flopped and his heart began to hurt as he waited for her reply. She looked back at him speechless. If he had been able to pay attention to anything other than her at that moment, he would have laughed to have seen the waiter doing a happy dance in the corner.

And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It may be quite simple
But now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words


A smile upon her lips, she shook her head in speechlessness before uttering…the word.

“Yes.”
He thought he must have died and gone to heaven, or was at least dreaming, but he refrained from pinching himself to check.

He took her hand, slipping a small, single diamond ring on the left ring finger.

“Yes,” She murmured again, as he gently brushed his lips to hers. “Of course yes.”

His heart was pounding at her words, and he felt that he could now be truly happy. He felt like he could fly, swim, soar, explode, and sing all at once. He had never been so happy in all his life, as he held the woman he loved in his arms. The woman who would be his forever. The woman who made his life whole.

How wonderful life is now you're in the world
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world
Sign up to rate and review this story