Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's not just them I worry about hurting me

Boo Boo

by blazingava 0 reviews

...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-28 - Updated: 2008-06-29 - 2704 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV
When I caught up with Mikey he was leaning against his locker trying to touch his tongue to his nose. “Firstly,” I said walking up behind him and leaning on another locker, “I will NEVER understand you and secondly when I find that girl both of you are…Hey why does this locker small like Ilena.” Mikey must have been in a smart-alecky mood because he chuckled and sniffed the locker, “Whoa maybe she rubbed herself on it!” I could tell he was being sarcastic because his tone oozed with venom. “I know you’re mad at me Mikes but you’ve got to understand it’s …for her own good.” I said dropping my question. Mikey scowled at me, “For her own good or yours Gee?” Mikey grumbled and began walking the other way. “Boys! Hold it right there!” I heard Mrs. Hollendas yell from behind. “Not again.” I mumbled so only Mikey heard. Why did she always have to bother me. “In my office now!” She yelled and trotted off in the other direction. For an old broad she was full of energy.

Mrs. Hollendas had an eye condition so she preferred to only be in dim light which was perfectly fine with me. Being a vampire “light” wasn’t my favorite thing. It didn’t hurt me but it was annoying. I leaned against my usual spot on the wall and Mikey took a chair about five minutes later Frank and Ray clomped through the door to their usual spots. We were in the office often. Maybe to often for their own good. I don’t have to go to school but it is something to do and a place to find food. Mrs. Hollendas cleared her throat to grab my attention. “Boys as you all know you’re not doing well here. You’re so close to suspension that it’s not even funny. You’re constantly destroying something,” She pause to glare at Frank, “Or bothering some one but I didn’t call you hear to whine about you. I know deep down you’re good boys. So I’m offering you a chance, well actually another student is. She would like for the next three months that you stay with her in her home. On the condition that you will work for her and let her teach you. If you refuse you may clean your locker out because you will be expelled.” I looked over at Mikey for a hint. His eyes were gleaming with excitement. I lowered my sunglasses and looked at her. Our parents would flip if they found out we got the hook. They didn’t have any control over us now but we hate disappointing them. “Who is this student?” Ray asked more concentrated on his hair than his question . “I cannot tell you. It’s all part of a plan that not even she can control. So do we have a deal boys?” Mrs. Hollendas asked looking at a small white bus outside. We all nodded in agreement and she smiled, “Fantastic! That bus will take you to get your things. Then it will take you there.” Without another word we left her office. I started to say something to Mikey but he shook his head and gave me a look that told me not to ask.


Ilena’s POV

I can’t say I was thrilled with the spirits plans but who was I to make judgment. Rumbling came from the end of the drive way. I couldn’t hear it yet but I could feel it in my feet. I frowned deeply and crossed my arms. I knew they were driving up here and that was forbidden. I scratched some paint off of the railing with a groomed nail and began to swig on the porch swing. Just waiting for them to arrive. My partner ,known as more horse to other humans, stood in the pasture watching me. “Come.” I heard him whisper. It was a command not a question. I stood and walked over to him the dirt and gravel tickling my feet. I swing my legs through the middle of the wood fence and rested my chin on top. My hands snaked up Bear’s mane as he stood facing the driveway which left me looking at his side. “Why the grave mood dear?” He asked still not looking at me. He felt it too. The quiet before a storm. I simply sighed not caring if my paranoid mood was pushing me into introversion. “Maybe I heard the spirits wrong…” I whispered watching the dusk sky over take the late afternoon sun. It would be night soon. This time Bear looked at me skeptically, “You heard them wrong or you did not want to hear them?” I hid my face in shame. He was completely right. The task they set before me scared me to death and I wanted nothing more than to crawl away and hide. His expression softened to a tired one and he backed up and rested his head on top of mine. “Do not let fear stop you from moving forward. This may be your only chance love. You’ve been fighting tooth and nail. You deserve the chance to live without fighting,” He paused and looked at the approaching bus, “You can’t keep fighting forever or you’ll lose. I have taught you as much as I can at this point. Now He will teach you.” With that he gave me a nudge and I turned and looked at Gerard stepping off the bus. His eye met mine for a second and struck terror into me. “Him?! Really? Why can’t it be Mikey or Frank! He’s impossible. He’ll kill me!” I whispered frantically. “Stop that now! You know better! No one is impossible. He just doesn’t know any other way. You have much to teach each other. THAT is why you may not learn from the others. It is only the time for you and for him. Now go great your guest love. I’ll see you in the morning.” He said his anger diminishing the more he spoke. I kissed his nose and trotted off to the boys.

Gerard was watching every step I took as the other boys unloaded everything. “Good evening boys. I’m glad you accepted my request.” I said smiling to mask my nervous demeanor. They all waved and said hello. All but Gerard. “Where are your parents?” He said looking around as if they would pop out of thin air. I pursed my lips, “Grandfather is in the lab below the house. He barely ever comes out and my parents have been gone on business well they only left yesterday actually. I doubt you’ll see them while you’re here. My brother moved out two years ago.” I turned sharply on my heel and jerked a hand for direction to follow me. I was terrified and my limbs weren’t supporting my body like I wish they would have so it was possible I could slip at any time. “This place is HUGE!” Frank yelled ecstatically from behind. He jumped up and I just forward and faced him. Ready to fight him if he sprung for me again. Well maybe he didn’t spring at ME that time but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t. “Please g…” I paused trying to force the words out, “Up. Your rooms h-have si-gns w-with you names.” I pointed to the stair well and headed for the kitchen to cook. This would be a very long three months.

Gerard’s POV

Once the bus driver headed toward the country I knew where we were headed. “I can’t believe you knew about this Mikey.” I snarled keeping my eyes out the window. Mikey grunted, “It’s not like I knew when I was running with her!” His tone was hushed so the driver wouldn’t hear. I didn’t respond to him. The driver drove up the driveway despite the sign. Not that I was whining about it. That way we didn’t have to trek the stupid thing again. “I wonder if I can call her Ms. Odd?” Frank cackled at his own joke along with Ray. Mikey must have not thought it was funny and I was in no mood for laughter. When we came to the house I saw Ilena standing near a pasture gate talking to the horse she’d run off on. I broke away long enough to get to the front of the bus first. As I stepped off of the bus our eyes met and like deer in headlights she stared, motionless. “Him?! Really? Why can’t it be Mikey or Frank! He’s impossible. He’ll kill me!” I heard her say as if she was arguing with the horse. I wonder what she meant about me. She watched me stare at her and she inched forward, “Good evening boys. I’m glad you accepted my request.” She gave a fake trying to mask fear and agitation. Why would she ask us to come if she didn’t want us? Looked around and asked where her parents where and her response was short and angry. I must have struck a hard nerve. “This place is HUGE!” Frank yelled and leaped up with glee. It didn’t take a split second for her to turn around her heart rate accelerating and her breath became short. I watched her still trying to tell us to go up to our rooms and figured for now I would give her some space.

Dinner was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. It had been awkward for all of us but I stayed behind to help her clean up. A door slammed from the hall and Ilena jumped almost dropping the plates in her hand. “Ilena?! Are you in here? CAN YOU HEAR M…” But Ilena cut the gruff voice off, “Grandfather I am not deaf and I don’t appreciate you treating me as if I am. If you want something just say it! I’m busy right now!” I noticed her go a bit pale as the older gentleman walked into the room. His eyebrows were gray and gnarly and he had think gray and white hair with a beard to match. The hair almost consumed his entire face. “Well what could be so…Oh well when you said they’d be here I didn’t think it’d be tonight.” He said looking me up and down. He had the same striking green eyes as Ilena. Ilena said nothing. Only took the dishes from my hands and walked into the kitchen. Her grandfather looked me up and down, “Come. Follow me.” I stared at him in disbelief. Did he seriously just call me as if I were a servant or a dog? “Hurry up boy I don’t have all night for you to sit there with your thumb up your butt!” He said already walking towards the lab. I took in the musty sent of the lab as we reached the bottom of the stairs. “Won’t she need help or something?” I said with a frown. She wouldn’t be doing such things in my house. We have servants for that. Her grandfather ignored the question and pointed to a chair, “What do you want boy? What’s the catch here?” My frown deepened,” Excuse me?” “I’m not stupid. No one in their right mind would agree to stay here with my granddaughter for three months. Most don’t even dare talk to her. Are you looking to get laid? That’s never going to happen she can’t stand being touched. Or maybe you just don’t know what you’re getting into.” He growled accusingly. I thought about my answer. In a way he was sort of right. I wanted her and if this was the only way I could get her it didn’t matter. On the other hand I really didn’t know much about her. Except she talks to her horse and is scared of almost anything. I sighed and rubbed my temples, “Sir maybe I don’t know what I’ve gotten into and no I’m not looking around for sex. I just…don’t know. What have I gotten myself into?” The old man softened and his eyes began to shine with pity. “I can’t even begin to tell you. That’s her choice not mine. I will tell you that she…is a fighter. She’s fought long and hard her whole life. She’s been abused and left and…like I said it’s not my place to tell. Just don’t expect her to change for you,” He paused and put his head in his hands and I heard him weep softly, “But if you can help. If you can do anything to help her then who am I to judge you. We’ll try anything now but if you hurt her… you’re a dead man.” I nodded and he waved me off with his hand and went to dry his eyes. What did he mean by abused?

Ilena’s pov

Gerard has left with my grandfather. No doubt he would be filled with sob stories and lectures by the time he got back to me. I sighed and looked at my reflection in the plate I was drying. “What are you looking at,” I whispered tightening my grip, “What are you always looking at! I HATE YOU!” The plate snapped in my hand and fell into pieces in the sink. Great I can’t even clean without screwing up! I didn’t bother to finish the rest I just slid down the cabinets and buried my face in my hands. “Ilena?” I heard a soft voice from the hall say. I dried my eyes and turned back grabbing another dish to wash. Gerard strolled behind me and grabbed my dish towel, “Let me help.” I growled fiercely at him and stuck my hand in the water looking for my sponge, “I don’t NEED your help.” I completely forgot about the glass. A shard slammed into my hand and I jerked my bleeding hand from the water. A good sized piece of glass was lodged into my palm. My eyes shot to Gerard…vampire. I didn’t need proof because it didn’t matter if it was true or not. Better safe than sorry. Gerard snatched my wrist, “Holy crap woman.” I growled at him again and kicked at him. His knee flinched but he didn’t let go. I kicked again and he back handed me to the ground. “Stop it! You need help!” He yelled pinning me down and trying to inspect the wrist closer. I screeched at the top of my lungs only to have Gerard slap a hand over my mouth. Mikey came running into the room out of breath followed by Ray and Frank. I kept fighting even though it wasn’t possible to win. It was like I was invited to a barbeque and I WAS the barbeque! “Mikey get your butt over here!” Gerard snarled. Mikey obeyed and sat down by me. His hand went over my face and he squeezed lightly on the crook of my nose. For some reason my body stopped listening to me. My mind continued the fight but my body wasn’t listening. I was only weakly pulling every minute or so. “She’s fighting me hard Gee hurry up.” Gerard put inspected the wound and tapped the glass lightly. I opened my throat to snarl at him but no noise came out. “Take a deep breath sugar this won’t feel very good,” Gerard whispered taking a firm hold on the glass. He yanked on it and with an odd spurting sound it came out into his hand. “Frank do me a favor and clean up those dishes. Ray help him out. Mikey come with me we need to find a first aid kit."
Sign up to rate and review this story