Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Aftershow

by neve 4 reviews

New chapter as promised - hope you enjoy it. Gotta love Mr Bean

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-29 - 2102 words - Complete

4Exciting
Chapter Five: Aftershow

As the show ended Jill watched the band leave the stage and quickly jumped to her feet to try and get the opinions of some of the fans, "Justin, I'm just going to see if I can get a few people to speak to me about what they thought."

"Alright, I'll wait here for you." He barely managed to squeeze out the sentence before she had disappeared into the mass of people now heading for the exit. Jill had worked at the magazine for two years and they had become firm friends. He knew she had worked hard to get where she was now and he was so pleased to see her finally get the break she deserved. Justin smiled as he watched her speak to fans ever eager to let her know what they had thought of the show. Justin had always thought of her as his little sister but would of course never let her hear the little part. It's not that Jill was sensitive about her height but she hated anyone thinking they could walk over the top of her. He had quickly seen that side of her when she first joined the magazine and describing her as feisty wouldn't even cover half of it. Jill put her heart and soul in to her work whether it was a gig review or helping him with some research. The MCR gig was her first major solo assignment and although he would tease her to hell about it he was determined to make sure she had all the support she needed. There she was quickly scribbling away on her notepad as she asked the fans their opinions. She glanced up at him and smiled, her smile quickly faded and she screwed up her eyes as she tried to work out what he was saying. Justin was telling her to hurry up and pointing to his watch.

"You better be thinking about getting home for some rest." Justin said as she finally appeared beside him again.

"Do you not want a drink at the aftershow thingy?" Jill asked knowing this wasn't really his type of thing but he was hesitating like he was thinking it over.

"Free bar." Jill said smiling knowing that he would find it difficult to resist.

"I suppose if there's free beer involved." Justin replied putting his arm around her, "take me to my maker emo kid."

"Will you fuck off with all the emo bullshit?" Jill snapped pushing his arm off her.

"Ya know I just say it to work you up." He said playfully bumping his hips off hers.

Jill rolled her eyes,"And I fall for it everytime you loser."

"You do, but let's go before I change my mind." Justin said nodding towards where the party was being held, "We're already a bit late."

"Alright, alright," Jill replied picking up her bag and stuffing her ever faithful notepad into it.

They both flashed their passes at the security guys and followed the sound of the music and people talking. As they climbed the stairs Jill was amazed to see Frank and Bob hanging about the stairwell. They had just done a fantastic show and people had gathered to congratulate them but yet they were hanging around the doorway just happy to be with each other and avoid the usual record company "let's toast our brilliance" rubbish.

"Hey you came," Frank said as he noticed Jill walk up the stairs, "So tell me what did you think?"

"Hi Frank," Jill replied shocked that he would remember her, "Well I,"

"Frank," Bob said pulling Frank back,"Let them get a drink first."

"Okay I suppose." Frank replied watching as they walked towards the bar.

Jill looked around at the people gathered in the room and it was clear that the majority were from the record company. It was also apparent that only Mikey seemed to be fully in the room talking to some people that he obviously previously knew. She couldn't see Gerard anywhere and Bob along with Frank seemed to have disappeared. Jill did see Ray talking to some girls who seemed to be fans and it was so good to see the delight on Ray's face as he chatted to them. Too often Jill had seen established bands forget about the people that actually put them in there in the first place but it clearly wasn't like that for this group well Ray in particular.

"Jill, are you still with me?"

Jill suddenly refocused and looked at Justin, "Sorry Jus, I kinda zoned out for a moment. Too busy people watching."

They were suddenly interupted by someone sitting next to Jill, "So you've been to the bar, What did you think of the show?"

"Well Frank, how do I phrase this?" Jill responded.

"Be gentle." Frank replied taking a drink from the bottle he was holding.

"The show was great and the new material is really different with all the added black parade stuff." Jill told him.

"Thank god we've all been so uptight about it all, it was a good atmosphere out there, backstage we were so excited but totally shitting it about how the fans would react to the new stuff." Frank explained.

"I think they showed how they felt and afterwards we caught up with a few of them to get their reaction for the magazine and we didn't get one negative comment." Jill informed him.

"Really?" Frank asked.

"Honestly," Jill said noticing the smile on Frank's face.

Jill suddenly realised that she hadn't introduced her colleague as she noticed Frank stare at him, "I'm so sorry, this is my colleague and friend Justin."

"Hey man, it's nice to meet you," Frank said acknowledging him, "What did you think?"

"It was a good show and I liked the mixture of the old and new material," Justin replied, "It feels like you've tried to go for a wider audience with the new stuff."

Jill smirked slightly at his comments recalling his face of almost contempt as Gerard had began to sing Cancer. Justin was in to serious heavy metal but had acquired a soft spot for MCR after Jill had dragged him to a show although that was never to be uttered in the presence of anyone else naturally.

"We've not intentionally tried to do that," Frank tried to explain," It's a concept album that's trying to follow a theme, like someone on their final journey."

"It'll be good to hear it all together, sorry if I was a bit negative before." Justin said

"Don't be sorry I like when people say what they actually mean, this place is full of "yes" people wanting to kiss our ass so it's great to hear," Frank said pushing his hair away from his face, "I value your opinion and Jill's, she did gig reviews for us."

"You read them." Jill replied shocked racking her brain and hoping she didn't say anything too negative.

"We don't read all of them because it seriously messes with your mind, something we learned early on, but you did one when we played Glasgow." Frank explained.

"The barrowlands?"

"Yeah, that was an awesome show, the crowd were totally in to it and the atmosphere and darkness of the place." Frank said with passion.

"I love that place for gigs." Jill told him remembering the chaos of that night and leaving the place afterwards feeling like she had been roasted in an oven.

"You gave us a good review but you slapped us for it being too short." Frank said seriously and then laughed as he noticed her face reddening.

"It was a good show but yeah it was kinda short." Jill replied.

Frank laughed at her comment, "I promise we'll do better next time we are up there, anyway I gotta go tell the guys what you thought of the show."

"Was I a bit hard?" Justin asked sheepishly after Frank had left them.

"Not at all, you held back compared to the reviews you usually give me."

Jill laughed as she noticed Bob showing everyone a bear and she smiled as she saw him approaching her.

"Look Jill, I got a Mr Bean teddy."

"You like Mr Bean?" Jill asked as she accepted the bear Bob passed to her.

"I love it." He smiled.

"Rowan Atkinson is a legend," Jill replied,"I love the christmas Mr Bean episode when the bear gets new eyes."

"It makes me laugh so much." Bob said looking at the teddy like it was the best gift he had ever been given as Jill passed it back to him.

"You are so cute," she said and then hesitated wishing she could take back the words as he suddenly stopped and looked right at her.

"He is kinda cute in a big bear kind of a way." Frank said appearing from nowhere.

Jill just wanted to die especially since Frank had also heard her make a complete tool of herself. The words had just escaped her mouth, "That's what I get for drinking vodka." She thought to herself. Jill noticed Justin had stopped talking and was looking at her with a huge "So that's how it is," look on his face. At times like this she hated that he knew her so well. She needed to change the subject and fast before her cheeks caught fire.

"Don't think I have forgotten you're a cliptomanic," Jill said towards Frank as Bob continued to stare at her.

"Huh?" Frank replied slightly taken aback.

"You know what I'm talking about Mr Iero, you great pen rustler."

"Hey you're deflaming my great character." Frank said pretending to be greatly offended.

"Hey guys photo time," Ray said throwing his arms around Bob and Frank, "The girls are leaving."

"I hate getting my photo taken," Bob grumbled, "But they gave me my bear so it's the least I can do."

"I'm only doing it if I get to take the photo's." Frank said bouncing up and down like tigger as he walked towards the small group of girls that were talking to Mikey.

Jill finally saw Gerard as he joined the others, he looked like a guy with all the pressure of the world on his shoulders but she noticed he came alive as he posed for photo's and talked to the others.

"Do you think he's okay?" Jill asked Justin.

"Who?" he replied looking around.

"Gerard, he looks a bit stressed and he seems to be limping." Jill said nodding in the direction of the singer.

"He should be, this album is just on another level altogether if the songs they played tonight are anything to go on, it's really different to the previous stuff and with all the costumes and everything their sure to get both equal praise and slating."

"I guess," Jill replied still watching the group as they said goodbye to the girls who left with enormous smiles on their faces, "They're really good with their fans."

"Let's see if that lasts."

"You're such a cynical old git at times Jus." Jill replied hitting him on the arm.

"Anyway what was with you and the "cute" comment," Justin said smirking at her, "You went all girly for a moment."

Jill felt her cheeks, those treacherous cheeks, go red again, "I know it just came out and when I said it I felt myself slowly wanting the ground to just swallow me up."

"I'm thinking the writer may have a small crush on the drummer." Justin said as he poked her in the side.

Jill laughed, "I do not."

"I'm not believing a word of it." Justin replied pushing back the hair from her face.

"Well I don't care what you believe because you're talking shit as usual."

"Thou does protest too much." Justin mocked finishing off his pint of beer.

"Shut up and get me more vodka." Jill ordered lifting her glass to him.

Justin picked up her glass, "Last one then because you've got that article to finish off tomorrow."

"Right then Pops."

Jill watched as he went to the bar and she let her eyes glance around the room. Jill smiled as she noticed Bob staring over at her table and she cringed inside as he hesitantly smiled back. "Great now he thinks I'm some kind of loon," she silently thought to herself.


Next chapter as promised - hope you like it and I would be so happy if you could give me a wee review/rating (good or bad). Also any tips would be gratefully received. Thank you so much.
Sign up to rate and review this story