Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long > An Unlikely Team

An Unexpected Meeting

by ZukotheBlueSpirit 0 reviews

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 1018 words

1Funny
In Middleton, Kim Possible was just finishing lunch. “You know,” said Ron, frowning, “it really wasn’t that bad. I mean, it’s not a Naco, but it’ll work.”

“Ron,” said Kim, “it is the mystery meat. There could be anything in there.”

“Well, yeah, KP, that’s why it’s mystery meat.”

“Ron, you are so—” Kim was cut off as the Kimmunicator rang. “What up, Wade?”

“Bad news—Monkey Fist’s at it again.”

Ron gulped. “No monkeys! I hate monkeys! Ahhhhh!”

“Ron, chill,” said Kim. “So what’s he up to?”

“I’m not sure, but I think I might know of someone who might.”

“Okay, where at?”

“New York.”

“I’m there. Can you call in a favor?”

“Sure, I’ll hook you up with Gustav, you know, from the flood.”

“Please and thank you. Let’s jet, Ron!”

“But I haven’t finished my lun—”

“I said, ‘Let’s jet!’”


Kim and Ron quickly entered Lou Shi’s shop. They looked around, but could see no one. “Hello?” said Kim.

From the back of the shop, the teens heard the voice of an old man say, “Jake! Tell customers
that shop is closed! We have more important things to do!”

“Sure thing, G.” A few seconds later, Jake came out. “Sorry, dudes,” he said, “the shop’s closed. Wait a sec. You’re that Kim Possible girl. The one that fights those freaky villains, right? And he’s…some guy.”

“It’s Ron. Ron Stoppable. The brave and totally handsome sidekick and—”

“—distraction,” finished Kim.

“Sweet,” said Jake. “So…what’re you doing in New York?”

“We’re here on…business.”

“And not just any business,” said Ron. “Monkey business!”

“Whoa, back up,” said Jake. “Did you say ‘monkey business’?”

“Sure did. Who wants to know?”

“Ron!” scolded Kim.

“No problem. Jake Long at your service.”

“We came to see Lou Shi. This is his shop right? Do you work here?”

“Well, sorta. Whaddya want with Granpa?”

“He’s your granddad? Cool.”

“Well, one of our arch foes, Monkey Fist, is up to something, and my friend Wade thinks that your grandfather might have some idea who he has teamed up with or what he’s up to,” said Kim.

“Monkey Fist? He doesn’t happen to have monkey ninjas, does he?”

“How do you—?”

“I met him, last night. He’s teamed up with my arch foe.”

“Your arch foe? But I’ve never heard of you, I mean, don’t you have to be famous to have an arch foe?” asked Ron.

“Why are they teaming up?”

“Who? The monkeys?”

“No, Ron, Monkey Fist and…”

“Huntsmaster.”

“Right.”

“But why?” Kim said.

“I can answer that,” said Lou Shi coming into the room, closely followed by Fu Dog.
“Bark. Woof,” said Fu Dog, pretending that he couldn’t really talk.

“I believe your ‘Monkey Fist’ is after an ancient magical secret.”

“Uh, Gramps,” Jake said uncertainly. “Don’t you think we should, you know, ex-nay on the agic-may?”

“I’ve been speaking pig Latin for years,” said Kim hotly. “And, I don’t know how much you know about all this ancient magic junk, but Ron and I have been fighting Monkey Fist for a while now, and he’s ALWAYS after some sort of magic junk. Like, an amulet that will turn him into the ‘monkey king’, or some kind of monkey tiki head that’ll take him back in time or make him the ‘ultimate monkey master’. I’m used to it.”

“I’m not,” Ron said shortly. “I hate monkeys.”

“After last night, so do I,” said Jake.

“Okay,” said Kim. “We know what Monkey Fist wants. But what about this Huntsmaster guy? Why is he helping Monkey Fist? What does he want in return for the magical secret? And how are you guys mixed up in this whole ‘magic’ deal?”

“Apparently you know a bit about magic yourself, although you are actually mortals,” began Lou Shi carefully.

“What’s that supposed to mean? So are you,” said Kim. “You’re talking like you’re some kind of wizard or something. I mean, there may be ancient amulets, and magic tiki heads, but there are no wizards.”

“Actually, there are, but Jake and I are not wizards. Jake is the American Dragon.”
Jake gasped, and stared incredulously at Lou Shi. “Why did you tell them?” he hissed. “They’re not magical. You said so yourself.”

“Maybe not, but if we are going to defeat Monkey Fist and Huntsmaster, then we need to know each other’s powers and abilities to the limit.”

“Dude,” said Ron finally. “I think you need to have your eyes checked. Okay, Jake is a PERSON, not a DRAGON.”

“Yeah,” said Kim, “those things don’t even really exist. Right?”

“Oh, don’t they?” said Lou Shi. “Jake, show them.”

“A’ight, G, but if we get in trouble with the World Dragon Council, then we’ll know who’s to blame…DRAGON UP!” Instantly he was a large red and yellow dragon with sharp claws and teeth, powerful wings, and a huge tail. Kim and Ron stared. Rufus chose this moment to pop up out of Ron’s pants pocket. He saw Jake, yelped, and scurried back into the safety of his owner’s pocket. “Told, y’all,” said Jake, turning into himself.

“Well,” said Kim, “this is a 9.7 on the weirdness scale.”

“Sweet, my man!” said Ron. “Can you fly?”

“Now is not the time to goof around,” interrupted Lou Shi. “We must find out where the Huntslair is now. We must stop them before it is too late.”

“Wait, G,” said Jake. “What does Huntsfreak want in return? I mean, he won’t give anyone somethin’ for nothin’, right?”

“He probably requested assistance in his evil plot. Now, I know a goblin who can help us find the Huntslair, but we must find him quickly.”

“Did you say…a goblin?” said Kim.

“Yep,” said Jake. “Do we need Ralph, G?”

“Yes, young dragon,” said Lou Shi. “We need Ralph the Goblin.”
Sign up to rate and review this story