Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Rebirth In Raindrops

Chapter Three

by Axel-Ingleson 0 reviews

Riku makes an amazing discovery about himself.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Characters: Axel,Demyx,Kairi,Riku,Sora - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-02 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 863 words

0Unrated
Kingdom Hearts
Rebirth in Raindrops

Riku’s mother was standing in the doorway with her arms folded, crossly, in front of her when he finally got home that evening. He had also stopped to buy baby clothes, diapers, baby food, and a few other supplies including a rattle and a pacifier.

“You’re late,” she told him. “Do you have any idea how worried I…” her complaint fell away when she saw the baby. “Where’d he come from?” she asked.

Riku shrugged. “He just crawled out of a portal and into this world,” he told her. “I have no idea where he’s from, and I don’t know how to get him back there.”

“Well, it looks like he likes you. Does he have a name?”

“Demyx,” Riku replied.

“Hello, Demyx,” Riku’s mother cooed at the baby. “You’re such a cute little thing, aren’t you?”

Riku smiled.

“So, you’re a father now,” Riku’s mother considered then reworded her statement, “I should say you’re a mother now, Riku. And it looks like you’re planning on raising the baby. Your old crib is in the basement. I’d been saving it for when you got married. I was going to sell it next week, though, since you’re obviously head-over-heels for that boy Sora. But it looks like I’m going to be a grandmother after all.”

Riku left little Demyx in his mother’s care while he went into the basement and fetched the crib his mother had been referring to. When he got back, he found his mother had taken a bottle from the supplies he’d bought and was feeding little Demyx.

She handed the bottle and the baby to Riku and showed him how to hold them properly.
Riku got the hang of it quickly and was quietly feeding little Demyx when a sudden pain in his abdomen caught his attention.

“Riku?” his mother asked. “What’s wrong?”

“My stomach hurts,” Riku explained. “It feels like it’s on fire.”

“Let’s have the doctor look at you,” his mother suggested. “It’s probably just heartburn, but one can never tell.”

She drove Riku to the hospital, with little Demyx in tow. When they got there, Riku described his symptoms to the doctor, who examined him, carefully.

It was during the ultrasound that the doctor found the source of the problem.

Inside Riku, in a womb whose presence surprised both Riku and his mother, was a tiny ball of flame. Encased in the flame, was a small embryo. Neither the womb nor the embryo seemed to be burning. The flame’s presence didn’t seem to be affecting either of them. Riku could feel its heat, but it wasn’t actually harming him in any way.

The baby, who was being held by Riku’s mother, reached out for Riku.

The doctor nodded to Riku who put his shirt back on and took the baby.

“So, what do you plan on doing?” she asked, seriously. “You won’t be hurt if you carry it to term. But…”

“I’m keeping it,” Riku decided.

“Are you sure?” Riku’s mother asked. “You’ve already got one baby to look after. Are you sure you’re ready for two?”

Riku nodded. “I’ve fought Heartless and Nobodies, shouldered Darkness, and defeated Xehanort,” he told her “I’m pretty sure I can handle a couple of babies.”

“Babies are a lot harder to deal with than Heartless and Nobodies,” his mother told him.

“Please, how hard could it be?”

~Time Skip: The next day~

Sora looked out at the vast ocean, still filled with that childlike innocence of what the other worlds hold. Kairi looked up at him and asked,

“Were you even listening?”

Sora looked down at her and asked eloquently,

“Huh?”

She shook her head, causing her red hair to flip from side to side.

“Never mind.”

They heard footsteps and looked up to see Riku carrying baby Demyx in his arms, a bag slung over one shoulder. Sora hopped down, excitement in his eyes and said,

“C’mon, let’s spar!”

Riku shook his head.

“I can’t. I have to watch the baby.”

Sora pouted again and crossed his arms over his chest.

“You’re just using that as an excuse because you know I’ll kick your butt.”

Riku smirked and shook his head.

“When will you learn? I only need one hand to beat you.”

Kairi popped her head up and said,

“But you’re not fighting with a baby.”

Riku passed by Sora, just brushing his shoulder, and went to sit next to the base of the tree when the flame in his womb gave a surge and he grabbed his stomach with his free hand. This action didn’t go unnoticed by his friends and Kairi was the first to ask.

“What’s wrong, Riku?”

He looked around at both of his friends and thought it better not to beat around the bush.

“Well, it’s complicated.”

Sora sat on the ground next to Kairi and said,

“Try me.”

Riku sighed and said,

“Axel’s coming back.”
Sign up to rate and review this story