Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued...Again

Love Knows No Age - Continued...Again

by AlexSanDee 6 reviews

First is was "Love Knows No Age" Then the story continued in "Love Knows No Age - Continued". Now the story will reach the end in "Love Knows No Age - Continued...Again." FicWad can only take so ma...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 1507 words

5Moving
Sunday morning came but Gerard did not greet it. It wasn’t until far into afternoon he finally pulled himself from the bed and got dressed. He knew the band had nothing planned for the day so he tried not to feel guilty. Still the small voice in his head whispered that he was giving into depression. He wasn’t living his life, he was just letting it slip by.
He reached the lobby of the hotel and spotted Mikey and Ray. They were coming in and stopped when they saw him.
“Gee, you look like shit.” Mikey said honestly. His brother hadn’t even brushed his hair.
“Thanks.” Gerard said sarcastically, “That’s just what I needed to hear.”
“He has a point.” Ray said looking closely at Gerard. “You just get up?”
Gerard nodded, “Yeah.”
Mikey was worried. He’d seen his brother fall into this behavior before. “Hey, wanna go get something to eat?”
Gerard shook his head, “Not hungry.”
“You gotta eat.” Mikey worried.
“You’re not my mother.” Gerard said with a scowl. “I’ll get something to eat later.”
“Don’t forget we have to leave for the airport in an hour.” Ray said as Gerard turned to leave the hotel. “Where are you going?”
“Yeah, I know.” Gerard didn’t answer the second question as he continued walking. He passed through the doors and out into the sunshine. He blinked at the brightness of the day. Slipping on his sunglass he started to stroll down the sidewalk. He knew he probably shouldn’t be out like this. The chances of him being spotted by fans should have made him stay at the hotel. He sighed thinking how things had changed. He loved the fans but sometimes they could be overwhelming. Glancing around he saw that so far no one gave him a second glance.
Back in the lobby Ray and Mikey exchanged glances. “He really shouldn’t go off on his own.” Mikey said watching his brother disappear from sight.
Ray nodded, “True but he ain’t gonna listen.”

“Who was that?” Kelly asked as Monica returned to the table. They were eating lunch at home after their plans to picnic at the park had been ruined by rain.
“Well, I have a job.” Monica said with a sigh, “One of the doctor’s offices I’d applied at on Thursday just called. The job is just temporary but I thought I should take it. At least I’ll have something until I can get a better job.
Kelly frowned, “So you’ll be answering phones?”
“That and helping out with the office work.”
Elle looked up from her grilled cheese sandwich, “Mes wanted to goes to the pawk.”
“Sorry but the rain put a damper on that.” Monica said giving her a smile. “How about we go to a movie instead?”
“You and Elle go. I’m kinda tired.” Kelly said.
“You okay?” Monica asked giving her a closer look.
“I’m fine.” Kelly got up and took her plate to the sink. She was depressed about so many things she couldn’t begin to explain them. Ever since Elle had told her what Gerard had said she was filled with a feeling she couldn’t understand. It was like things were so out of control and she just wanted it to stop.
“You sure you don’t want to go with us?” Monica asked softly, “It might cheer you up.”
“No, I’m just gonna stay here and maybe take a nap. You know how rainy days make you kinda lazy.”
After her mom and Elle left Kelly flopped down on the sofa and closed her eyes. She wanted so badly to talk to Gerard. Her head might tell her to stay angry with him but her heart couldn’t. She understood why he’d been so hurt. It was wrong of him to take it out on her mom but if he was really sorry then couldn’t there be a way to fix things? Kelly just wanted her family back like it was before.

Bob looked over at his sleeping wife. He smiled at the memory of last night. They had made love and talked until the wee hours of the morning. He decided to let her sleep a bit longer. Besides, he liked these quiet moments. It gave him time to reevaluate his future. He wanted to have a plan he could set in motion if he didn’t return to the band. That thought killed him but he knew he needed to be practical. He had a wife to care for and a future to plan. Still he hoped with all his heart things would go back to the way there were before. He loved being part of the band that had meant so much to him. Maybe Gerard would return to his former self. Maybe he and Monica would get back together. Bob sighed. He wanted to hold on to hope but was he just being foolish?
“Hey” Kara’s sleepy voice pulled him out of his thought.
“Hey.” He walked over to the bed and sat down beside her.
“What time is it?” She asked.
“Just after noon.” He answered reaching over to brush the hair from her eyes.
“I’ve slept away half of our last day here.” Kara said with a frown. “I’m sorry.”
Bob shook his head, “Don’t be sorry. I was enjoying watching you sleep.”
Kara laughed, “Oh yeah, right. It’s the only time I’m quiet, right?”
The love he felt for her overwhelmed him. “I love you, so much.” He whispered.
“What’s wrong?” Kara sat up and looked into his eyes.
“I’m just worrying about things that are out of my control.” He admitted.
Kara understood. She’d know since he came back and said he didn’t know what the future held for the band that he was upset. “As long as we’re together it will be okay.” She said softly.
Bob nodded, “Yeah.” He agreed. “It will be.”

Gerard slowed his steps as he spotted a small bookstore. It was just the kind he loved, packed full of old out of print books. There were several customers in the store browsing and the proprietor gave him a smile when he walked in. He slowly made his way towards the back of the store stopping occasionally to peruse the shelves. An art book caught his eye and he carefully pulled it from the shelf and found a comfortable chair to settle in. He was surprised a few minutes later when he heard voices speaking in English. He had to admit to himself the sound made him homesick. He closed the book, set it aside on a table and listened to the woman reading softly. Her voice was soothing as she read a fairy tale.
“Mommy will he find her?” A child’s voice suddenly asked.
“Now listen and you will find out what happens.” Was the answer.
Gerard found himself listening closely to the story. It was a classic tale. As the woman voice neared the end of the book Gerard stood up and walked around the shelf that was separating them. He rounded the corner and saw a young woman sitting a small footstool with a young girl at her feet. The woman looked up and stopped.
“I’m sorry I didn’t realize we were disturbing anyone.” She said.
Gerard’s heart caught. The little girl looked up at him and smiled. She was a few years older than Elena but the resemblance was still there. She had dark black hair and beautiful eyes. “You aren’t disturbing me.” He said with a smile. “I was just wondering how the story would end.”
The woman grinned, “Well you must be patient too.” She resumed reading. The story was almost over. When the prince has found his true love only the remaining line was left to be read out loud. “And” The woman held the book out to the little girl.
“They lived happily ever after.” The child’s sweet voice rocked Gerard to the core.
“Thank you for the story.” Gerard said softly. “All stories should end with that line” He turned and made his way out of the store. He realized now that Mikey had been right. He was wallowing in self-pity and it was going to stop. He’d promised Monica a happily ever after and he would do everything in his power to make that promise a reality.

Kelly left a note on the kitchen table just in case her mom and Elle got back from the movies before she returned. She threw on her hoodie then stepped out into the rain. Her mom would be angry if she found out what she was doing but it was a chance she was willing to take.
A block from the townhouse she was soaked but still she continued on. She had to know the answer.
Sign up to rate and review this story