Categories > Original > Romance

I Need You

by Jamette006 0 reviews

I want her to stomp her feet,pull her hair and beg for us to get back together.Instead, she took her chocolate milkshake from Johnny Rocket's and dumped it over my head. I'm Kevin Jonas, and I lost...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1097 words - Complete

0Unrated
I grasped her hand firmly, pulling her into the second to last row in the dark movie theater, directly in front of a pretty blond girl and her date. I sat her down, and continued to watch half of the movie with her. To this day, I couldn't tell you what the movie was about. I couldn't focus. So I brushed her stick-straight, brown side bangs away from her face, leaned in, and did the only thing I could do: I kissed her.

It wasn't long into the kiss before I heard the blond girl coughing - no doubt choking on popcorn. She always chokes; she had even made it a point to know the Heimlich before befriending her. I smiled and I think poor Hayden thought I was smiling because of the kiss - she smiled back. I feel bad, I really do - it's just, I'm not in love with her. I placed one hand on Hayden's hip, the other on her jaw line, and pulled her closer into my kiss. I want that girl behind us to cry, I want her to stomp her feet and pull her hair and beg for us to get back together.

Instead, she took her chocolate milkshake from the Johnny Rocket's located in the movie theater and dumped it over my head. I'm Kevin Jonas, and I lost the only girl I've ever loved last month.

All my recent girlfriends, all my recent flings, my hook-ups, and my interests - they were all just a distraction from the numbness that has taken over me for the past month. It's been exactly 30 days, 5 hours, and 34 minutes since she broke it off with me. I find it sick that I know that, but you tend to remember every little detail when it comes to someone you love.

I've been in the news a lot lately, the center of the media frenzy, the topic of the tabloids, the obsession of an immense amount of screaming girls. I'm at the top of the world; I have everything someone could wish for. Plenty of girls are willing to give things to me - and not just presents, if you catch my drift. So I should be happy, right? I should be the happiest 20 year old in the world. But I'm not.

Here I am, in a relationship with a girl who loves me, with a girl who is willing to give up anything for me. Her name is Hayden. I should be giving her my undying love, all of my attention. I should be living up to the romantic reputation I have earned in all the teeny-bopper magazines. But I'm not.

When I hug her, I can't help but compare her arms to Laura's. When I look into her eyes, I can't help but see Laura's reflection in them. Everytime I kiss her, I can't help but wish her lips were Laura's.I'm stuck in an unfair relationship; not only is it unfair to me, but it's ten times more unfair to Hayden.

Joe is the ladies man of the family, Joe is the one who should be stuck in this situation, not me. I'm Kevin; I always know what I want, I know how to treat the girls. But now, I'm stringing along some innocent girl while I'm searching for something bigger.

So I show up outside her house, my car parked on the opposite side of the street. It's pouring, it's thundering, there's lightning. I can see into her living room thanks to her window - she's snuggled up against him on the couch, under a blanket, watching a movie. I can't help but imagine what type of vulgar stuff they were doing before - he's only in this relationship to score, and sadly, I think she knows that.

My hair is getting in my eyes and my clothes are beginning to sag, heavy from the rain. It's like I'm swimming in a pool with my clothes on, and I'm bound to get dragged to the bottom if they get heavy enough. I can't knock on her door, he would see me and that would lead to an unncessesary fight between the two. I took out my phone, not even caring about the dangers of using electricity while there's lightning and I text her. Come outside.

I peek in once more, but I feel disgusted with myself - like a Peeping Tom, minus the whole girl-is-undressed thing. She's checking her phone; she's standing up and pointing towards her car - obviously a distraction. She's walking out of the room, leaving him by himself, and now she's standing in front of me, looking as radiant as ever - and my palms are sweating.

I hate you, Paul Kevin Jonas the Second. She had let those words go loose before, but if she truly hated me, she wouldn't be outside.

"Can I help you?" She hisses, shutting her door quietly behind her, standing there. She's in a navy blue and white striped wife beater, a navy blue tanktop underneath, with tiny white shorts that show off her amazing legs and she's barefoot. Her long, platinum blond hair is straight and shining, and her dark brown eyes are lined with black, almost smoky looking. How the hell did I ever let her go?

"I made a mistake," I hear myself say. Raindrops are dripping off my hair and face and into my mouth; this is so overwhelming. I feel like I'm drowning.

"I let you go."

"I knew that," She begins, her eyes narrowing, burning holes into me.

"30 days, 5 hours, and 34 minutes ago."

I feel my breath catch in my throat; she remembers the exact time too.

"I'm tired of being stuck in this mistake." I take a step closer, my hands floating down to her waist, my hazel eyes locking with her brown ones.

She doesn't say anything, only stares back. I kiss her gently, and draw back, noticing that those liquid drops rolling down her cheeks aren't raindrops, but tears.

"Seth's waiting." She says softly, her eyes overcome with sadness. This time, I'm the one not replying. She bites her lip, then lunges at me, her glossed lips reconnecting with mine. We stand there, kissing in the rain, until she draws back and smiles. Her teeth are still model-white; like little white Chicklets in her mouth.

"Call me soon, Kevin." She says, opening her door and walking back inside, leaving me standing in front of her house, sopping wet.

And just like that, with one single kiss, I have my Laura back.
Sign up to rate and review this story