Categories > Original > Drama

Amnosity

by Jamette006 0 reviews

"Nicholas, why do you love that thing more than me?" Nick felt anger surge through his body like an electrical current. His guitar wasn't just a thing. It was what helped him get his emotions out i...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 790 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nick sat on a tapestry couch in the finished basement of his home, his guitar blanced on his lap, a pen and a pad of paper balanced on a music stand in front of him. He stared at the blue-lined paper until all of the lines blurred together. Anger was blinding him, and he knew he had a song in him; he just needed more emotion for it to be perfect.

"Yo Nick, you writing a song?" Joe pounded down the basement steps, hanging over the railing, his hands firmly gripping it so he wouldn't have another accident.

"Yeah." Nick mumbled, throwing a hand through his curly hair. He didn't have the time nor patience for Joe's stupid questions. He was sitting in his basement, alone, with a guitar, a pad of paper, and a pen. What else could he be doing?

"So do you want me to tell Audrey you're busy? And she can, you know, come back another time?" An uncomfortable look spread across Joe's face. He had picked up the phone last night, unaware Nick and Audrey were on it, and had heard the whole fight erupt.

Nick looked at Joe, his brown eyes looking dismal, and shook his head, his curls bouncing.

"Nah, send her down here."

Joe nodded and jogged up the steps, as Nick let out a sigh and placed his guitar up against the arm of the couch. Audrey was here, and that wasn't a good thing. She only showed up unexpectedly when she was unreasonable, and her voice sliced through him when she screamed.

"Nicholas Jonas." Nick looked at the basement stairs, and there she stood, her arms folded. Oh God. Just go away. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair and sent her a tight-lipped smile.

Audrey was 5'4, and a dancer. She had light brown hair, reminding Nick of caramel. Nearly every day, she straightened it and proceeded to curl random pieces of it. Today, she was wearing gold satin shorts with a black short-sleeved shirt and gold ballet flats. Her SideKick was out, of course, and her robin's-egg blue eyes were narrowed into slits.

"Why'd you hang up on me last night? She pointed a painted black, manicured nail at her SideKick, her eyes drilling holes into him.

"Audrey, you hung up on me." Nick sighed, drumming his fingers on his thighs.

"Oh. Well, still. You could've called back." She snapped, placing herself gingerly down on the couch. She wrinkled up her nose at the site of his guitar, and looked at Nick.

"Nicholas, why do you love that thing more than me?"

Nick felt anger surge through his body like an electrical current. His guitar wasn't just a thing. It was what helped him get his emotions out instead of bottled up inside of him.

"Audrey, this has nothing to do with my guitar."

"Yes it does!" She whined, snapping an elastic on her wrist.

"Candace says the only reason you don't pay attention to me anymore is because of your music."

"Audrey, I'm not gonna give up my music because of you." Nick hated that he sounded so rude, but Audrey was getting kind of annoying.

"And besides, maybe if Candace didn't tag along on our dates, you could realize how much I pay attention to you."

"Nicholas, this has nothing to do with Candace." Audrey mimicked, rolling her eyes.

"Candace only shows up for moral support."

"Moral support? On a date? I'm pretty sure a date only involves two people, not three." Nick retorted, standing up and shoving his hands in his pockets.

Audrey stood up too, her cheeks heating up.

"Well, Nicholas Jonas, if Candace can't come with me whenever we hang out, then we're over." Her sentence hung there, like a threat, but they both knew deep down she didn't mean it. But Nick was sick of her threatening to break up, acting like she was what made his world go round.

"Then consider us over." His words cut through her like shards of glass, and she grabbed her purse and stomped up the stairs. It was like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders. He no longer felt tied-down; he felt free, and didn't have to satisfy anybody's needs anymore. He was a free man.

He grabbed the pen and poised it at the top of the lines paper, and began to scribble out the chorus of the song in his stick-like handwriting.

Ooh, this is an SOS/ don't wanna second guess
This is the bottom line/ it's true
I gave my all for you/ now my heart's in two
And I can't find the other half/ it's like walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled/ it's a call I'll never get
Sign up to rate and review this story