Categories > TV > Supernatural > Far From Home

Inevitable Change

by MylesGabriel 0 reviews

No matter how much they didn't want what was happening, the change was inevitable.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 920 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three:

Marc Lester just found a spot beside Todd on the bleachers at school. School had just ended and the guys are just hanging around for a few minutes to play baskets at the court outside. Todd looks up at Marc who is seated a couple of steps from him. The Macallister boy sported a worried look on his face.

"Has Dean returned to normal yet?" Todd asks Mac. "Any changes?"

"So far? A big one."

"Good big one? Bad big one?"

"I don't like the way he is going with this, Todd. I haven't seen him mean before. It's like we're meeting a whole new different Dean. He's scary."

Todd turns his gaze towards the direction of the court where Brandon, Dean and Robin are playing hoops. He sighs a heavy one.

"He's taking Sam's leaving real hard, Mac. He's trying to keep everything inside cause he's afraid of how Uncle John would take it." Todd's voice trails, "What I can't get is--why would Uncle John send Sam away? Isn't Sam the baby in the family? They should have been extra careful of him--just like we are with Ricky, you with your baby sister, brain boy with Sasha. I don't understand why Dean even let Sam go, Mac. It's stupid. Dean is stupid."

"Todd, do you really want to get in this with Dean?"

"I'm not scared of him, Mac."

"He needs us right now, Todd. Don't do this."

"I don't understand what Uncle John wanted to happen. What Dean was even thinking. If he didn't want Sam to leave--get sent away, why didn't he do anything? I mean, if my dad was going to send my baby sister away, I'm going to run away with her. That will make my dad worry his ass to hell!"

"Yeah, running away is the answer to everything with you, isn't it?"

"Mac, is it really because he doesn't have time to take care of his kids or is there another agenda behind it? Why Uncle John sent Sam away?"

"Dude, where have you been?" Mac scoffs at him. "It's all about the blame game, Williams! The kid got the short end of the stick, that's all there is to it. No matter how Dean loved Sam--his dad still has the say in it. Just like normal."

"You're fuckin' kidding me, right?" Todd had to ask incredulously. ?"

"Todd, where do you even learn to talk like this--with the cussing and what not?"

"TV."

"I figured as much."

"Mac, are you telling me Uncle John blames baby Sam for what happened to Aunt Mary? The crash and shit?"

Marc lester had to grab Todd's arm to make the boy lower his voice since the guys actually stopped playing for a second to look their way.

"Hush, Williams, jerk face!" Marc growls. "I never figured you for a big mouth til now!"

"Mac, am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? Baby Sam didn't ask for his mom to crash her car to save his life! Aunt Mary did it by choice. It was her job to watch out for her son! Dean told us himself what happened--millions of times!"

"Todd, please...don't do this now..."

They saw Dean do the time out as he walks over to the bleachers to grab a drink. Todd and Marc stopped talking. The minute Dean got close enough though, Todd gets up and walks away. Upset.

"What's his problem?" Dean finds himself sitting a step below marc on the bleachers.

"Girls."

Dean smirks.

--

"Sam is sleeping in Darby's room tonight, sweetie." Jorgine tells Kel. The boy is sitting on the sink counter and was taste tester to his mom's baking.

"Mommy, why can't Sam sleep in my room? You let him sleep in Tony's room for two days--and in Darby's the last time. It's my turn to keep Sam, mommy!"

"Sweetie, Sam is still a baby. He needs a lot of care--"

"I am going to take care of him, mommy. Pinky promise!"

"Kel, dear...Sam wakes up in the middle of the night to look for Dean, he won't go back to sleep in a couple of hours or so. Do you think you can handle that?" she stroked the kid's hair from his face gently.

"Mommy, I will take care of Sam the same way you took care of me."

"If he keeps you awake you'll only have yourself to blame, honey."

"Yes, mommy."

The kitchen door slowly swings open and at first glance one would think that it was the wind. But it was actually the 4-year old coming in the kitchen he was just being obstructed from view by the counter top. Kel and Jorgine knew it was Sam though.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Jorgine greeted as she picks the kid up after Sam raised his arms towards her. She set him up on the counter top beside Kel. The minute Sam's butt landed there, he immediately goes about to latching his plump arms around Kel's arm.

"Sammy hungry!" he declares happily, both dimples showing on his cheeks. "Sammy hungry, Aunt Jowgy! Tummy grrrowwlll..."

No sooner had Sammy said it when they hear Sammy's tummy actually growl. It took them more or less several minutes before the three of them stopped laughing. Sammy was cupping both hands over his mouth too and was vibrating like crazy with his chuckles.

"Sammy tummy growwwl, Aunt Jowgy!"

Kel can't help but find that really adorable he just grabs the kid in a big hug.
Sign up to rate and review this story