Categories > Original > Fantasy > Kiss of Darkness

Chapter 2

by wanderingmidnite 0 reviews

There is talk about rape in this chapter, but nothing detailed.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-07-08 - Updated: 2008-07-09 - 341 words

0Unrated
Darkness greeted Christabel when she finally awaked. At first, she could not tell where she was, but soon enough her eyes adjusted to the shadows. She realized she was in some kind of dungeon, and by the smell, she was clearly underground. She was not bound in any fashion, so she stood and ventured into the darkness a small distance. Her sister was nowhere to be found. She tried calling out to her, but there was no reply. Could she be unconscious? she wondered. She kneeled and gave a small prayer that her sister was safe and that God would help them escape this nightmare. Only then did the night's events fully hit her, and the tears she had forbidden to run earlier now overflowed and streaked her face. She gave in, allowing the wracking sobs to course through her. The thought of the gory corpse of her father and the seemingly passed out figure of her mother engulfed her. What if her mother was actually dead, along with her father? What home would she and her sister have to go back to then? Would they even get out of this alive?

A creak suddenly disturbed her anguish, and Christabel spun around, afraid of what was going to happen next. There was a blinding light, and she shielded her eyes. Someone had opened the door. She crept closer and saw that there was no one there to staff it. Not wanting to waste her opportunity to escape, she scurried the rest of the way outside. I'll come back for Eleanor later, after I have gathered the town together, she thought as she looked for an escape route. To her right, there was a path lit with lanterns, while her left remained dark. Curiosity overwhelmed her, and she reasoned that the left could only lead further underground. Therefore, she mustered her courage and began her trek along the lighted pathway.

She was in acastle of some sort, with narrow hallways and winding staircases. She followed several of both, marveling at the d
Sign up to rate and review this story