Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Like I did...yesterday (one-shot)

by Sweetsugar 2 reviews

Gerard regrets breaking up with his girlfriend. Is it too late to get her back?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-12 - Updated: 2008-07-13 - 2108 words - Complete

0Unrated
This is a one-shot I wrote more or less an year ago. Hope you like it! Lulu

Like I did...yesterday

"...so...I've been thinking a lot...and we can't go on like this...I can't go on like this...I don't know what happened, maybe it's too much time together...but I...I feel like I don't...love you like I used to...like I did...yesterday..." he finished the most horrible speech he had ever had to do in his life with a long, deep sigh. Lifting his gaze from his shaking hands, he found some strenght to look into her eyes and see the damage he had just made. The very preditable uncomfortable silence fell between them as Laura didn't take her eyes off his. Tears building up, she stared at him with a mixt of undescribable pain and anger.
"Go away" she whispered, eyes stuck on him.
"Laura, please-"
"Take your things and go away" she repited in a calm and soft voice that didn't match with the frustration in her face.
"I don't want us to end like this"
"And what do you expect me to do? Clap my hands? Congratulations, Gerard, you're a wonderful heartbreaker, I admire you"
"Don't say that, the last thing I want to do is break your heart"
"It's a little late for this, you already did it"
"Laura..."
"Don't say anything, please, I know everything. I knew this would eventually happen when you started with the band, I'm actually surprised you didn't do this before"
"What do you mean?"
"You have your band, your fame, your rockstar life...and there's no place for me in it now that you don't need me anymore"
"You're saying it like if I have used you"
"And didn't you?"
"Of course I didn't Laura, I was with you because I loved you!"
"Gerard, let's face it. When we met, you didn't have the band, you had no friends, you spent your life drinking. You couldn't even smile cause you were always so depressed...damn it Gerard, you couldn't even smile...and I still thought you were a good guy and I didn't want to see you like that. And that's why I stayed by your side...And you needed me. Now you don't need me anymore and being with me is just holding you back. So I can understand what you're doing"
"I know you were there and I will never forget that, but it's not that I don't need you anymore. There are too many things going on right now and I don't...I don't..."
"Have time for me, just say it"
"Yes" he whispered, almost ashamed of his answer. "I'm sorry"
"It's ok...now go and take your things"
"Maybe some day..."
"Don't even say it, please don't. I've had enough and I don't want to spend the rest of my life crying and daydreaming because some day you may come to get me back"
"I still love you, I just don't love you the way I-"
"Can you please stop!" she broke down in tears. She had been holding back her feelings but she couldn't keep on fighting against so much pain. "Can't you see that your killing me, damn it?!"
Gerard stared at her in shock. He didn't expect that, not after she had dealed with the conversation so calmly.
"Laura, I'm sorry, I don't want to see you like this"
"Then please..." she begged in tears "Take your things and go away. And please don't ever come back. If this is the last time that I'm seeing you, then I want it to be fast cause I can't take this anymore. If you still feel anything for me, even compasion, do me a favour and let me try to go on with my life"
"Laura..." his voice broke as he couldn't take seeing her aching like that. And he was the one who was making her feel so terrible.
"Please..." she whispered one last time before leting herself fall on the couch, her hands over her pale face and red eyes.
In the saddest silence, he took all his things as fast as posible, and said one last 'sorry' before crossing the door and leaving the love of his life behind.

....................................................................

When you go
Would you even turn to say
I don’t love you
Like I did… yesterday

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
I don’t love you
Like I loved you… yesterday

I don’t love you
Like I loved you… yesterday

I don’t love you
Like I loved you… yesterday


The song finished between applauses and screams of all the fans that had gone to the show that night in New York. Gerard thanked one last time to the crowd and left the stage followed by Bob, Ray, Frank and Mikey.
They sat backstage as they used to after the concerts and started talking.
"Dude, that was awsome!" Frank said.
"Yeah, for a moment I thought you were going to kick my ass like last week. I don't know why do you always have to do that when you're excited man" Ray replied.
"I don't know, it's like I can't control my legs, hahaha! I bet you like when I do that anyway"
"Sure baby"
"Oh, come here, give me a kiss" Frank joked.
"Thanks God I'm always siting"
"Don't worry Bob, I'll kick you anytime soon, watch your back man. Literally, hahaha!"
They were all laughing except for Gerard, who seemed to be in his own world.
"Hey, Gee, are you ok bro?" Mikey asked a little concerned. Since Gerard had broken up with Laura 7 months ago, he hadn't been the same guy. He always seemed to be a little sad, even when he was smiling. Anyway, the other guys never told him anything, as they assumed it was his way of going through it and he would soon be ok again. After all, he was the one who decided to finish the relationship.
"Uh?"
"Hello, I'm talking to you"
"Oh, sorry, I was kinda lost"
"I see. What are you thinking?"
"I think I saw Laura"
"Laura? Where?"
"There, in the crowd, in the show"
"Come on Gee, it was full of people, maybe you saw someone who looked alike"
"No, it was her, she was there"
"What would she be doing here? You know, after everything that happened"
"I don't know, but I'm sure it was her"
"Gerard, dude" Bob interrupted. "Man, you have to forget her. It was long ago"
"It was just seven months ago, and it was a 5 year relationship, how the hell can I forget her just like that?"
"But you broke up with her because you wanted to"
"I did it cause I'm a fuckin asshole, ok? I should have never done that"
His brother and his three best friends stared at her in shock.
"You regret it?"
"Of course I do"
"Since when?"
"Since I fuckin realised that I can't be without her!"
"And didn't you look for her?"
"She practically begged me to never go back"
"But man-"
"Excuse me" a female voice was heard from far away. A very familiar girl was talking to the security man. "I'm Laura Johnson, I need to have some words with Gerard Way, it's really important"
The five men turned to look at the girl and, once again, their mouths dropped.
"Shit, it really is Laura" Ray said.
Gerards face brightened up with a soft smile.
"We better leave you alone" Frank said as he stood up. Mikey, Ray and Bob did the same. They passed through Laura and greeted her friendly. She did so too and after the guard let her in, she walked nervously near Gerard. He stood up too to greet her.
"Laura...how are you? It's been so long..."
"Not very well, unfortunately. Can I sit?"
"Sure" he answered and sat too. "I've had a rough time too since..well..."
"Since you left me, yeah. Well I don't think you've been worse than me Gerard. Could you do me a favour and tell me why do you like to keep on tourturing me like this?"
"Excuse me?"
"Was I such a bad girlfriend to deserve this?"
"I don't know what you're talking about Laura..."
"Your songs Gerard. You told a magazine that we had broken up and a week later Famous Last Words started playing on tv and on the radio"
"Oh...I'm sorry, I didn't thought you would be mad because of that interview"
"It's not the interview, it's the song. 'I know that I can't make you stay, but where's your heart?'. Do you have a clue what has that phrase done?"
"No, what..."
"All your fans think that I am the one who dumped you. They heard the song and they think you did it for me, cause I broke your heart"
"What? Are you serious?"
"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't serious"
"Did anyone told you anything?"
"There hasn't been one day since that song started playing in which I haven't met one of your fans telling me that I'm a bitch and how could I do this to you"
"Oh shit. I can't believe it, I never thought something like this would happen, that they would connect the song to you"
"And 'I don't love you' just made it worse. You know I've never mind teenies telling me ugly things, but this seriously bothers me cause I just want to move on, and to have everybody reminding me of you doesn't help very much, you know?"
"I'm sorry" he looked down. "Damn, I'm so sorry Laura...Why do I do everything wrong?"
Laura looked down too.
"You don't make everything wrong. If you did then you wouldn't be here in New York after making a show for thousands of people"
"Yes...but there was just one person there in the crowd that I wanted to be with me to share this...and she was there in the crowd...as one more fan...as one more stranger" he said staring into her eyes to let her know it was her he was talking about.
"I was in the place you let me be"
"I should have never done it Laura. There isn't one fuckin night in which I don't fall asleep crying cause I've made the biggest mistake of my life 7 months ago"
She didn't answer, just tried to avoid his gaze.
"I love you Laura"
"No" she quickly stopped him. "Don't say that"
"But I do"
"But it isn't fair that you're saying this to me now, I didn't come for this"
"I know but I thought I would never see you again, I couldn't go back to your place cause you asked me not to do it and I promised it, but now that you're here I can't shut up anymore"
"You will have to"
"Laura I love you so damn much, please"
"Don't do this to me, Gerard, I don't deserve these games"
"What games? I'm saying the truth, I am made to be with you and I can't change that. You know what? I need you. And I still have the band, and still have the fame, and the fortune and the rockstar life. And I've never been so miserable. I need you to share my life with you Laura"
"It's too late for this Gerard"
"It can't be too late, I love you!"
"But I don't"
He stared at her with tears in his eyes. She was already crying.
"I don't love you like I did...yesterday...I've met a guy...and we're going to move to Canada"
"Canada?!"
"Yes"
"Laura, please, you can't leave. Don't leave us"
"You already left us Gee...I'm sorry" she stood up.
"But how am I going to find you?"
"You won't. Believe me Gerard, it's better off this way. You'll always have a special place in my heart. But it's over. I'm sorry"
She walked to the main door where lots of fans were waiting for an autograph when the boys came nearer. Gerard walked fast after her.
"Laura, don't go please"
"You'll find the right girl for you Gee. I wish you the best, I really do" she kissed his cheek and walked through the crowd.
"Laura wait! Laura!!" Gerard shouted, but unfortunately, lots of fans were already over him, trying to get a sign, a kiss, a hug, a photo.
He saw Laura dissappear for the last time, knowing that, this time, the love of his life had left him behind. This time, forever.


The End.
Sign up to rate and review this story