Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Future Made

Chapter Two

by Immortal_Aussie 5 reviews

Minerva convinces Albus not to leave Harry at the Dursley’s and instead she raises him at Hogwarts

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Professor McGonagall - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-13 - Updated: 2008-07-14 - 518 words - Complete

3Original
Chapter Two

It was the night of her birthday and Minerva was practically bouncing she felt so happy. Harry had been absolutely adorable. He just wanted to please her and that he did without even trying. She couldn’t imagine him not living with them at Hogwarts. She had to admit that today had been fun… well, apart from her classes, but that couldn’t be helped.

“Jelly beans,” Minerva said as she reached Albus’s office entry causing the stone gargoyle to jump aside. She shook her head at the password. For the life of her Minerva couldn’t understand why he insisted on using sweets for his passwords. He was well on the way to giving Harry his sweet tooth.

As Minerva stepped into Albus’s office she realised he wasn’t there yet and took the chance to relax. Over the past few years as she’d been spending more and more time with Albus, Minerva realised that she wanted to restart their relationship. They broke it off close to forty years ago after a terrible event that left her wishing that she was dead. They both agreed that it would be best if they didn’t see each other for awhile even though they were still friends. The two of them never got around to restarting it and sometimes she wondered if Albus wanted to.

Minerva jumped as someone cleared their throat behind her. Turning around she saw a grinning Albus and she couldn’t help but grin back at him. Albus always managed to get her to relax no matter what was happening. She had always appreciated that about him and this time it was no different.

Minerva must have looked confused or something as Albus stepped up to her and pulled her into his chest stroking her hair. “Minnie, what’s wrong? I hardly, if ever, see you this distracted,” He asked her, the concern obvious in his voice.

“I was just thinking about the past…” she said softly knowing that Albus would understand what she meant.

“Any particular reason why, my dear?”

“I regret everything that followed but I was so heartbroken, I thought at the time that it was the right thing to do but now I’m not so sure.” Minerva told him softly hoping that he would understand the implied question.

“Oh, Minnie,” Albus sighed leaning his head against the top of hers while pulling her tightly against his chest.

After a bit, Albus lifted her head up and placed a soft kiss upon her lips causing her to melt against him.

At that moment Minerva realised that everything would be alright again between them. No more tension; nothing. “I’d love to continue this, Albus but I should go check on Harry. Maybe tomorrow we could start to think about tracking down who Lily’s parents were?” She asked him smiling wistfully.

“Certainly m’ dear. That sounds like a wonderful plan,” Albus replied cheekily. ”I love the two of you no matter what happens, know that love,” and with that everything was perfect in Minerva’s eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story