Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto >

Of Wolves and Roses: Chapter One

by siyo 0 reviews

The legendary Shin "The Crazed Fox" Yuiy proved that his clan was to be feared in the first ninja war, but despite this the clans numbers still began to dwindle. Now only a handful of the Yuiy clan...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gaara,Hinata,Iruka,Itachi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-17 - 1646 words

0Unrated
Ch 1:
The shows grand oppenening
Senra lay sleeping in the back of Sensei Iruka’s class as he went over the transformation jutsu. Suddenly noticing the sleeping child, Iruka slammed a fist through the desk Senra lay on. “WAKE UP! YOU WILL NEVER BECOME A NINJA AT THIS RATE, FOOL!”
Senra slowly stood up, having fallen on the floor at the sudden disappearance of his makeshift bed. “Iruka Sensei…. Do you really want to fight me in front of children who idolize you? I would hate to make you look like an idiot…” Senra said opening his sharingan and popping his neck.
Iruka glared at the student but knew he couldn’t beat the Sharingan user. “Just pay attention!” ‘Damn kid! He’s supposed to hide his Sharingan! If Itachi got word of a survivor he might come looking for him!’ As Iruka walked to the front of class he noticed Jenny staring back at Senra with a smile on her face. “Miss Yakamoto Lets see your transformation jutsu. Become… Mister Yuiy, our little sleeping prince back there.”
The shy but attractive girl didn’t even turn and look at Senra as she perfectly copied him. “Wow. With out looking! She’s good!” Senra said to himself.
The entire class stared at Senra with the collective thought, ‘Is he that blind? She’s had a crush on him for two years now!’ Yahiko giggled, having been overjoyed to be complemented by Senra, then had a seat.
The rest of the class was nothing to awfully difficult, then Shuriken/kunai throwing practice came up. Senra threw all of his weapons, except his sword, into the bull’s eye on the wooden target. Then he turned to the one directly behind him and focused all his Ki to his fist and shot out his Dragon Shuriken technique and put a smoking hole in the target. Senra swayed on his feet and dropped to a knee clutching his right hand, by now the entire class was watching, and they all stared at Senra or the target. Senra tried to form hand seals but a kunai distracted him as it landed between his hands.
“Senra! You’re not ready for that next move. I know that because I’m not either.” Kato said as he pulled his Kunai out of the ground. “Come on, you need rest.” Kato said holding a hand down to him.
As Senra reluctantly reached for the helping hand Kato spun and shot off his own Dragon Shuriken. He staggered then got his composure and helped Senra to his feet and they walked off leaning on one another for support.
When Senra and Kato got to Senra’s apartment Senra waved goodbye then staggered into his home and collapsed on his bed. As he stared at the blades of his slowly spinning ceiling fan he drifted softly into a calm sleep.
Flash Back
Senra stood on the bank of a small creek, face to face with Jumiyo, his best friend. There were tears running down Senra’s face. “Why, Jumi-san? Why must you be a sound ninja?!”
Jumiyo laughed and shook his head at Senra. “I’ve ALWAYS been a sound-ninja, and I’ve always hated the Leaf Village, together with Orochimaru-sama we will burn this wretched place to the ground.” At this Jumiyo laughed in a tone that almost scared Senra.
“It’s not too late! You can still join us-“
“Join YOU?! HA!” Jumiyo shook with silent laughter with his head lowered. Slowly he raised his head to look at Senra. “You know something Senra? I’m sick of you.”
Senra flinched and swallowed. “T-then I have to kill you, here and now! You’ve left me no choice!” As Senra finished talking Jumiyo drew his sword, ran at him and stabbed forward.
Senra saw the attack coming and moved out of the way. He threw a kick in retaliation but Jumiyo dodged and charged with his sword raised. Senra shoved his fist out and subconsciously fired a Dragon Shuriken as he stumbled and fell to the ground. The attack startled Jumiyo but he managed to avoid it. He brought his sword down at Senra as he tried to get up. But Jumiyo’s right hand had been grazed by the attack and lay several feet behind him. Senra got up quickly and pulled out a Kunai. Jumiyo, followed suit and pulled one of his own out and threw it at Senra. Senra threw his and they collided in midair.
Jumiyo jumped and caught his kunai and threw it at Senra, who ducked and ran up to Jumiyo for hand to hand. Senra threw a few punches and Jumiyo dodged them easily, then he ducked and threw a sweep kick at his feet. Jumiyo jumped and Senra stood in the same instant. Senra put all his chakra to his palms and sent Jumiyo flying back about 16 feet back.
Senra stood there staring without emotion. “Prepare for my clan’s special ‘High Speed Taijutsu’!” As Jumiyo got up he took a punch to the side of the head, then as he fell, a kick to the ribs, and before he could hit the ground he was stomped head first into the rocks below. Senra took a fighting stance as he stepped off of Jumiyo’s head.
“That’s enough baby brother, he’s dead,” Senra heard a voice call out to him. “Calm down it’s over now… Be at peace Senra…”
“…Okay Oni-Chan.” Senra said as he turned towards…
Flash back End
Senra woke with a start and shuddered to himself. That was the day he’d gotten his Mangekyu Sharingan, the day he’d killed his best friend.
Senra took a nice, hot shower and splashed some water on his face. He felt exhausted, almost as if he’d not got any sleep at all. As he staggered out of his bathroom he glanced at his calendar. It was exam day today, the day that determined who was ninja material. Senra got dressed and made for the academy.
When Senra arrived he looked over at Kato who was playing solitaire on his desk. ‘He doesn’t look worried.’ Senra thought as he looked at Taki who was wringing his hands in anticipation. ‘Hmph, why am I not surprised.’
Senra watched as person after person walked into the next room and took the test. Every one, even Senra, was anxious to get the test done and over with. When they finally called Senra in he was disappointed that the test was so easy. He passed with little trouble.
Senra met up with Kato and they talked for a while. “Senra, forehead protectors go on your forehead, not your arm.” Kato said shaking his head.
Senra tapped his forehead. “And it will be here, when I master the Dragon Techniques we were taught by my One-Chan.”
Kato sighed, and tied his forehead protector to his arm also. “Ok, I’ll do that too. It’s a shame no one else knew her techniques. And how come she only taught you her hand to hand style?”
Senra shrugged. “You have a talent for Goken, I don’t. But I can’t use Juken either so she taught me Go-Ju-Bara, hard and soft rose style. A combination of the two styles perfectly harmonized. I took to it like a fish to water, she told me once. Guess it just fit.”
“EVERY ONE! Sit please, I will tell you whose in what group. Stand when your name is called.” Iruka said as he entered the class.
“Team one; Kato!” The dark haired kid stood, he had red eyes when he used his chakra but right now they were black. He was wearing blue knee length shorts and a black muscle tee.
“Sheena Miamoto.” A girl with brown hair and green eyes stood up. She was wearing a white tee-shirt and white, baggy, Khaki pants with a pair of white boots. They called her “The Light Ninja”.
“And Mioto.” A girl stood up, her blond/brownish hair covering her green eyes. She was wearing blue shorts also but they were about 4 and ½ inches above her knees, she also wore a Chinese “kung-fu” style shirt.
“Team two; Kiato and Rioka Tenmay.” The twins stood and smiled. (Not Main enough to merit a descript.)
“And Agarat Ai-ichi.” A black haired boy stood with his red eyes staring at Iruka with hate. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants and black ninja sandals.
“Team three will be; Nita Hyuga.” A confident, black haired girl stood and smiled. She had blank lavender colored eyes and was wearing a black dress that came down as far as Mioto’s shorts, definitely not fighting attire.
“Shenyo Matsura.” A red headed boy stood and smiled, showing his fangs. He was wearing a torn, ripped and faded pair of blue jeans and a blue shirt. His forehead protector was on his right thigh. Every one believes he’s a vampire.
“And Zigonatsumara.” The white haired boy stood so fast his black clothes swung slightly in the air. His grey eyes glared harshly at Iruka. "I'm sorry, 'Zigo'." Iruka corrected, earning a smile from 'Zigo.'
“Finnaly, Team Four will be Senra, Yahiko, and Taki.” Iruka said as the three stood up. The silver haired Taki, who wore a blue shirt and black cargo shorts. The brown haired Yahiko who was wearing a black dress that came down to her knees, fishnets on her right shin and black boots. And of course Senra.
“Tomorrow, you will go to the class room by your team number, oh and all those who are not in a team you have failed to graduate.” Iruka said before walking out of the class.
//CH End.
AN: OMG! Getting used to uploading on here is going to be a pain in my ass....
Sign up to rate and review this story