Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Konoha no Aoikaen

Chapter 1

by Agayek 0 reviews

After the fight with Haku and Zabuza, Naruto awakens a Kekkei Genkai capable of toppling even the strongest of foes. Witness the cannon story unfold in a whole new way.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-17 - 5729 words

1Original

Disclaimer: Don't own any of the characters or ideas used from here on out, unless they were created solely by me, this is not for profit, etc.

Konoha no Aoikaen

Chapter 1

by: Agayek

As the sun set on the pair of fresh graves, the squad of ninja paid their final respects to the Demon of the Mist and his apprentice.

"Ne, Kakashi-sensei," Sakura began. "Were these two correct about ninjas?"

"A shinobi isn't supposed to pursue his own goals. Becoming the country's tool is the most important role of a shinobi," Kakashi answered, causing a dejected expression to appear on the face of his most unpredictable student. "That's the same for Konoha as well."

"Is that what it means to be atrue ninja?" The question fell away into the silence. After a few seconds, adetermined gleam found its way into Naruto's eye. "You know what? I don't like it! I'm gonna be a ninja my own way! I'll walk the path of no regrets, and I'll never take back my words."

The silence that followed Naruto's declaration spoke volumes, as Kakashi's eye-smile and his teammates' almost fond expressions said without words their desire to believe him. The comfortable silence was quickly shattered, however, as Naruto suddenly clutched at his eyes and began screaming in agony.

"Naruto, what's wrong?!" Kakashi's worried voice rang out immediately. Naruto fell to his knees in response as blood began to pour from behind his clenched hands. Kakashi turned to his other two students before ordering them to find a doctor from the village. "Naruto.... bear with this, the doctor will be here soon."

As he waited, Kakashi tried to discover whatever was causing his student so much pain, but Naruto's hands remained firmly in place. As he began to give up on being able to help, Naruto let out agasp and collapsed like a puppet with its strings cut. Kakashi moved quickly in the ensuing lull, moving Naruto's hands away from his bloody eye sockets before stumbling back in surprise at what he found.

There, crackling brightly where Naruto's eyes had once resided, surrounded by charred flesh that was once eyelids, were a pair of bright azure blue flames the likes of which he had never seen before."You really are the number one most surprising ninja, eh Naruto?"

"Kakashi-sensei! There aren't any doctors in town, Gato ran them all off!" came Sakura's voice as she and Sasuke approached their fallen teammate and sensei from behind. "He's stopped screaming, will he be alright?"

Kakashi sighed before answering."I'm not sure Sakura. It would appear the reason for his screaming was the awakening of a Kekkei Genkai." His two more intelligent students leveled a surprised stare at him for a moment before shifting their eyes to the unconscious body of their teammate, which was mostly blocked from sight by their sensei.

"Ne, Kakashi-sensei, what bloodline does he have then that could cause so much pain?" Sakura inquired, idly wondering if it could be as amazing as the Sharingan, or even the Byakugan. Sasuke just grunted, his continued presence signifying he wanted to hear the answer as much as she did.

"Well...... I'm not sure." came the glib reply, causing both his conscious students to sweatdrop.

"How can you not be sure?! Aren't all of Konoha's bloodlines documented?!" Sakura yelled, very irritated at her sensei's perceived incompetence. Sasuke's glare at his blonde teammate intensified, trying to force out the answer with his eyes alone.

"Check it for yourself, I've never even heard of something like this," was Kakashi's calm reply as he shifted out of the way. His students had radically different, though not unexpected, reactions to their first sight of Naruto's new eyes.

Sasuke's fists clenched, and even a blind man could read the mild jealousy behind the raptor gaze. "Tch, no way it can compete with the Sharingan." Sasuke claimed before he turned and quickly walked away.

"Sugoi....." Sakura whispered. Shaking her head, while Inner Sakura berated her for her lack of devotion to Sasuke, she focused back on her teacher, never noticing her crush as he left. "So what do we do now?"

"Let's get him back to Tazuna's house, he might be able to tell us what it does, or at least what it's called, when he wakes up there," Kakashi bent down to pick up his student before waving off Sakura. "You can take a break, I'll let you know when he wakes up."

"Right," Sakura turned to her now long-gone crush before realizing he had left. She looked around in confusion for a few minutes before deciding to wait for the love of her life back at Tazuna's home.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"Ugh, my head," Naruto mumbled as he sat up, gingerly massaging his throbbing temples. His sensei moved over to him from his position at the doorway, placing a hand on his shoulder and telling him to lie back down. "What the hell happened to me, Kakashi-sensei?"

"Take it easy, Naruto," Kakashi cautioned. "You've been through a lot."

"That doesn't tell me what happened damnit!" came Naruto's annoyed response. After staring each other down for a moment, one face teasingly happy, the other tremendously annoyed, Naruto's eyebrows twitched. "And what did you do to your face?"

"My face?" Kakashi asked, idly wondering what the blonde could see.

"Yeah, all those blue lines all over it, even on your mask," Naruto answered, confused as to why his sensei wouldn't know about paint he must have put on his face.

"Well, that answers one question,"Kakashi muttered, before shrugging and focusing back on his pupil. "I don't have any lines on my face."

"Yes you do! They're right there, and there's at least 10 of them!" Naruto shot back quickly. "I know what I see baka-sensei!"

"What if I told you the lines you see are actually under my face?" Kakashi was having a blast with this round of questions. Taunting and teasing his gennin was one of his favorite pastimes after all.

"Wait, wha-?" Naruto's confused visage just heightened Kakashi's amusement, before he pulled out a small pocket mirror.

"Take a look Naruto, if I'm not wrong, you see the lines because of your Kekkei Genkai," Kakashi suggested as he handed Naruto the mirror. Naruto took the small piece of glass and raised it to his face, before dropping it quickly and yelping in surprise. His face rose to meet his sensei's concerned gaze before shifting back down to the blanket he was under. He began to shake slightly, quivering with his head bowed, looking for all the world like he was about to cry. "Ne, you alright Naruto?"

"Alright? ALRIGHT?!" Naruto exclaimed angrily as he looked back up at his sensei. A moment later, a cheshire grin spread across his face and he began to dance as best he could while laying on a bed. "I'm fantastic! I have a bloodline! I have a bloodline! It looks so much cooler than the stupid Sharingan too! YATTA!"

Kakashi breathed out a sigh of relief that his student was taking this revelation so well, before beginning to plan ways to determine the abilities and limits of this new bloodline. He began by asking his student about it, though he did not hold much hope for that informational avenue. "Do you happen to know anything about your Kekkei Genkai?It would help your training immensely if we knew what it did."

"Not a clue," Naruto happily answered as he continued to do his happy dance. He barely heard a word as his sensei detailed a plan to test the abilities of his new doujutsu, but quickly snapped to attention as Kakashi mentioned his observations on it so far.

"I'm confident one of the abilities of your Kekkei Genkai is to see the chakra pathways, much like the Hyuuga's Byakugan. You don't seem to have the 360 degree vision, or the ability to see through things, though. I'm going to perform a jutsu, watch my hands carefully and tell me what you see, especially if you feel anything like a minor headache or pressure."

Kakashi proceeded to slowly run through the hand seals for a /Suiton: Suijinheki/. Naruto flinched and covered his eyes as water burst from the ground to surround Kakashi. "Gah! That was really bright Kakashi-sensei," Naruto groused, trying to blink the spots out of his sight with his non-existent eyelids.

"What did you see?" queried Kakashi as he allowed the wall of water to recede. Naruto reached up to rub the spots out of his eyes, and his fingers went through the flames. He jumped in shock, before calming himself and beginning to answer Kakashi.

"Kuso, I'm never gonna get used to that. Anyway, the lines go through your whole body and are pretty dim, but when you did those seals the lines in your hands got really bright and turned a dark blue. Then this huge wall that glowed the same color shot out of the ground. Icouldn't see what it was made of because of the glow, but it was really bright so I couldn't look at it for long. I didn't feel any of those headaches you mentioned either, but it was so bright I'm starting to feel one now."

"Alright, so you can't copy jutsu with it," muttered Kakashi as he mentally went over what he had found so far. "However, we have determined that you can see chakra, both in the chakra pathways and outside the body, and the color you saw most likely represents the jutsu's element. You will probably be able to eventually use it to predict what jutsu an opponent is about to use, though blinding you while it is being cast is certainly a drawback in combat. That's enough for now. Let's get you some food, you've been unconscious quite a while."

Naruto happily agreed, immediately hopping out of bed and heading for the source of the heavenly smell drifting his way. Kakashi followed at a more leisurely pace, nose buried back in his book, but his thoughts far away from such easy relaxation. Just who are you, Naruto?


All activity in the small dining room stopped the moment Naruto walked in. Four of the five people present turned and stared at him as he slowed to a stop, Tazuna's and Inari's mouths hanging open in shock. Naruto looked at them all and released a nervous chuckle. "Heh... Hey guys?"

"Naruto-kun! Are you feeling better?"Tsunami asked from the stove, before turning and jumping in surprise when she got her first look at his new features. "Naruto! What happened to your eyes?!"

"Nani?" a confused Naruto asked. Realization dawned across his face, followed by a huge grin. "Oh, that. Iawakened my bloodline! It's pretty awesome looking, ne? Kakashi-sensei is gonna help me figure out more of what it can do later today. For now though, could Iget some food?"

Tsunami mechanically doled out aplate of food before handing it to Naruto and sat next to her still shocked father. After a second she lost the fight against her curiousity and began staring at his eyes. "Doesn't that hurt, Naruto? It must be pretty hot at least." Naruto looked up from his food, swallowed and then answered.

"Nah, I don't feel a thing. It's kinda screwy not being able to blink though, and if it itches and I try to rub it, Iend up poking myself in the skull. Not a pleasant thing, lemme tell ya."

Tazuna finally shook himself out of his stupor as Naruto spoke, shaking himself before regarding Naruto carefully. "It looks super awesome Naruto. I'm sure it will come in handy. Regardless of its other abilities, it will scare your opponents silly." Naruto beamed at the compliment before digging back into his food.

"Na- Naruto..." as his name escaped the nervous lips of his crush he was instantly attentive, wanting to see what she wanted. "What does your bloodline do? Kakashi-sensei said he'd never heard of it before, and was hoping you'd be able to say."

"Well, I don't know everything it can do, but at the very least I can see chakra. How did sensei put it? ...Oh yea. I can 'see chakra, both in the chakra pathways and outside the body'," Naruto explained with a shrug. "I might even be able to use it to predict what jutsu people are trying to use."

Once Naruto had finished, he was about to go demand Kakashi help train him with his bloodline when his teammate's voice stopped him. "Dobe, fight me," Sasuke spat out through clenched teeth. "We need to see how strong your bloodline really is."

Kakashi, who had rounded the door just as the challenge was issued, looked at the dark haired avenger in surprise. Maybe he's growing after all. "That would be a good idea, Ithink. A full on spar may help us discover what your Kekkei Genkai can do, Naruto."Hearing Kakashi approve the idea, Naruto got even more excited about the spar and turned to head outside.

"Wait! What are you going to name your bloodline? It's kinda silly to call it 'Naruto's super-cool burning eyes'all the time." Inari pointed out, trying to help his blonde friend. Inari continued after sending his idol a thumbs-up"Those eyes look so cool too, Naruto-niisan!"

Naruto beamed at the praise before lapsing into thought, trying think of a good name for it. After a few minutes, and a myriad of thoughtful expressions and head shakes later, he looked up at the room and announced, "I have the perfect name!" The people in the room all tensed in anticipation. After a few seconds to savor the moment and build suspense, he proudly declared "I'll call it the Higan!" Kakashi sweat-dropped as the rest of the room's occupants facefaulted.

"Fire Eye is the best you could come up with!" Sakura screeched, getting ready to beat her mentally deficient teammate within an inch of his life. "And it took you five minutes to do it too?!" Naruto swiftly backed against the wall, holding his hands out in aplacating gesture.

"Now Sakura-chan, let's not be hasty. Higan is the perfect name! My eyes have become fire!" Sakura's advance momentarily halted while she thought about it, before a gleam appeared in her eye and she smiled sweetly.

"You're right, it is the perfect name." Naruto let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding, until his pink haired crush's fist collided painfully with the top of his skull. "But that doesn't mean you can build up the anticipation like that for something so plain!"

Massaging the new lump on his head, Naruto shrugged at her and led the way out of the house. Once they arrived at the shore, the two rivals turned to each other, assuming their respective taijutsu stances. Kakashi stood on the sidelines to referee, while the rest of the group remained standing on the dock. "Anything goes in this bout, if I feel something is too dangerous I will step in and stop it. Otherwise, go all out. We need to find out what the Higan can do."

"I'm gonna enjoy kicking your ass, Sasuke-teme!" came Naruto's taunt, as he settled into his stance. Sasuke merely grunted in response, gesturing at him to begin.

Naruto exploded from his stance, charging straight at his rival while forming a familiar cross shaped seal. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" The resulting score of clones continued their charge at the last Uchiha, completely ignoring the original, who could do nothing but gape. I only used enough chakra for about four clones, seven at the most!What the hell is going on here?

As the Uchiha systematically dispersed the clones, Kakashi noticed Naruto's expression. Why would he be surprised by his own technique? Maybe his bloodline lets him see something in them. Coming out of his thoughts, Kakashi yelled at his blonde student "Naruto, don't just stand there, fight!"

His sensei's shout brought Naruto out of his shock and he charged into the fray as the last of his clones were dispelled. Channeling chakra to his limbs, he began a quick taijutsu exchange with the Uchiha, launching a fast jab at his unprotected left side. Sasuke countered with a painful chakra-enhanced block, sending the punch wide, and stuck a knee into the blonde's stomach. Rolling with the blow, Naruto flipped over the knee into a handstand, attempting to bring his heel into Sasuke's nose. Sasuke flipped backwards, clipping Naruto in the thigh with his leg, tossing the blonde over and sending him rolling away.

"Heh, as I expected. Your 'Higan'is nothing compared to the Sharingan," rang out Sasuke's taunting voice as Naruto struggled back to his feet. Thinking furiously, Naruto prepared to re-engage. Kuso!If I could only stop him from channeling chakra like that I could land a hit. Leveling a glare at his opponent, he charged again. I have to stop that chakra, no matter what! Naruto commanded himself as he charged. Sasuke began to channel chakra to his legs to meet the attack. /I have to stop it!/Right as they were about to meet again, Naruto watched in amazement as all of the chakra Sasuke had gathered in his legs disappeared, causing the dark avenger to collapse in a heap as his legs gave out under him. Naruto stumbled over his opponent's body before he could stop himself, faceplanting on the far side.

"That's enough for now you two," Kakashi called from his position on the sidelines. "Sasuke, what happened to you?" The avenger pushed himself into a sitting position and looked to his sensei before answering.

"I don't know! I was channeling chakra to my legs to increase my speed, but suddenly the chakra disappeared and my legs just collapsed. I could barely focus any chakra into them at all, even now." As he finished speaking, Sasuke focused back onto his legs, trying to force his chakra back into them.

"Uhh... sensei?" a hesitant and slightly winded Naruto pushed himself up off the ground. "I think that might have been my fault."

Kakashi turned to him at this and he hastened to explain. "As I was charging, I could see the chakra building up in his legs, and I was thinking really hard that I needed to stop it from happening. Right as I finished the thought, I saw the chakra vanish and the teme collapsed."

Kakashi stared at his subordinate in surprise. "Naruto... if that means what I think it means, your Higan may be one of the most powerful bloodlines in the world."

"NANI?!" Naruto's shocked yell was echoed in the expressions of his teammates as they all stared at their teacher. Naruto's surprise quickly turned itself into glee, as a grin split his face."Take that Sasuke-teme! I'm gonna be Hokage one day, and with the Higan, I'm most of the way there!" Sasuke merely glared at the blonde idiot, hoping beyond hope that the Kami would strike down the annoying pre-teen before he could say any more.

Sakura recovered from the shock of Kakashi's statement and hesitantly asked, "What do you mean by that Kakashi-sensei?How would the Higan be more powerful than the Sharingan, or even the Byakugan?"

"If I am right, the Higan allows the user to manipulate chakra, even if it's not his own, or outside of his body," Kakashi explained, trying to convey the power that would give a ninja."This ability can be used to completely debilitate an enemy, robbing them of their chakra completely, making them unable to move, but I believe it can be taken a step further. Naruto should, with training, be able to control jutsu that have been cast, by anyone, as long as there is chakra held within it."

"That's a pretty big leap, sensei. Do you really think I'll be able to do that?" Naruto asked, receiving adecisive nod almost instantly. The happy dance that followed set the world record for the level of absurdity, and happy, involved in its execution."YATTA! My Higan is so badass! Take that, Sasuke-teme! Jiji, you better be ready to give up that hat, cuz Hokage, here I come!"

"I said with training Naruto. You're not quite at that level just yet," came Kakashi's desperate attempt to halt the dance before it got even more outrageous. "Let's go back in and finish eating for now. Once that's done, we'll head out to train while Tazuna works on the bridge."

"Hai, sensei" was the reply from all three of his students, as the group headed back inside to finish the meal that was interrupted.




Several days were to pass as Tazuna's newly revitalized work force finished the construction of the currently unnamed bridge. This time was spent training as hard as possible for a certain blonde, fiery-eyed ninja. In the week since he learned the abilities of the Higan, Naruto had been pushing himself well beyond his body's limits, trying to master his control of the doujutsu. The biggest improvement was in the manipulation of his own chakra. The mishap with his Kage Bunshin in the spar against Sasuke, was actually the fault of the Higan. The enhanced control over his chakra ended up subconsciously using his chakra much more efficiently. Using the same amount of chakra he used to, he got far greater results. An unfortunate side effect of this, though, was that trying to use what he thought were the right amounts of chakra for jutsu was now far too much for most low-rank jutsu, horribly overloading most of them.

He had to train for three days to adjust to the new control over his chakra in his jutsu, mangling a tree while climbing it, completely distorting a Henge and even failing to use the Oiroke no Jutsu several times before he finally figured it out and stopped overloading them as much. Once he readjusted and achieved the desired result from his techniques, he had branched out his training, trying to manipulate chakra that was not his, usually on his volunteer sensei, but occasionally on his raven haired teammate during tree climbing practice.

After the week of training had passed, he was still barely able to force Kakashi's chakra to move, having to focus very hard for several seconds to get any useable results. The effort also left him breathless and winded, as if he had just run several miles. Kakashi theorized that the energy use of directing another's energy, especially while in their body, was horribly draining, and anything more than minor redirections would always leave him tired. Though discouraged, he was happy to have made progress, as he originally could not have any effect on the silver haired jounin.

The other two members of his team were also training hard. Sasuke had redoubled his training, pushing himself to remain better than his incredibly lucky teammate, since he no longer had adecisive advantage in the form of a bloodline. He had taken to hammering away at a tree, trying to improve his taijutsu forms, and then working on his chakra control through the use of tree-climbing and ninjutsu practice. Sakura was training much harder as well. The sight of the 'corpse' of her long-time crush, who was thought invincible, had struck a deep chord within her. She was terrified of seeing it again, and so she fought off the memories and nightmares by tiring herself out, training herself in anything she could find so long as, by the end of the day, she was too tired to dream.

As the week drew to a close, the three students of Team 7 gathered together at the base of the bridge on their final day in the Land of Waves. As they waited for their tardy sensei, the whole village turned out, greeting their heroes and thanking them again for everything they had done, though more than a few were highly unsettled by Naruto's Higan. After 45 minutes of chatting with the villagers, they're sensei appeared in a puff of smoke. Kakashi waved at his students and gave his trademark greeting.

"Maa, it's time go, ne?"

"Hai,"

Sasuke turned and started down the bridge with Sakura and Kakashi following in his wake. Meanwhile Naruto gave his final goodbyes to Inari and his family. Turning quickly to hide the tears that somehow flowed from the flaming eyes, he started down the path to Konoha, waving goodbye to the village behind him.




"Hey, what are we gonna call this bridge? We can't leave it unnamed for the first crossing!" someone in the crowd of villagers shouted, raising murmurs of agreement out of the assembled people.

"I know! Let's call it the Super Awesome Bridge that Tazuna Made!" Tazuna was quick to suggest, only to duck the frying pan wielded by his 'crazy' daughter.

"That's a stupid name! I have the perfect name for this bridge," Tsunami gleefully pointed out, brandishing her frying pan at any villagers that looked ready to disagree with her. "We'll call it 'The Great Naruto Bridge' after the boy who gave us a bridge to 'Hope'called 'Courage'".

"Heh, that's a great name, Tsunami-chan," her father said, to her great surprise. "... Can you put the pan away now? ...Please?"




The walk to Konoha was peaceful for the squad of gennin, only broken by Naruto who would mess with Sasuke's chakra occasionally, prompting Sakura to deliver her version of feminine retribution, until Kakashi got them focused back on walking again. Things continued in this vein until the walls of Konoha finally rose out of the forest ahead. As the gates came into view, all three gennin stopped their bickering and brightened considerably. Their pace picked up as well, leaving Kakashi far behind in their rush to be home.

"Kami, it's good to be home. Where's Iruka-sensei? I gotta tell him about my awesome bloodline, maybe he'll even buy me some ramen! Ramen! Ramen! Ramen!" Naruto started chanting as he performed what his teammates had silently dubbed the 'ramen-dance'. The sane members of Team 7 sweatdropped before swiftly ignoring him and began heading for the gate. Naruto was about to make a beeline for the academy to find his old sensei when the gate guards decided to throw a monkey wrench into his plans.

"Halt. We'll need to see some identification if you want to get in," the first of the pair said, pointing at Naruto."You two, go on ahead. This is between us." Sasuke barely acknowledged the man, immediately heading into the village. Sakura followed shortly, giving a quick, apologetic glance back at her teammate before turning to chase her crush.

"NANI?! What the hell are you talking about? You know damn well who I am!" Naruto exclaimed, directing his burning orbs in a frighteningly effective intimidating glare at the man. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto, and once I'm Hokage, I'm gonna fire your ass for being stupid."

At this, the guard glanced at his partner before glaring right back at the jinchuuriki before stating slowly and clearly, "I don't know about any of that 'being Hokage' business, but I'm not about to let a fire-eyed demon into my village."

A small tick began to form over Naruto's right eye. "Demon?! Listen asshole, just because I awakened a Kekkei Genkai doesn't make me any more of a demon than you! Besides, it's not like you could stop me!"

As he spoke, Naruto focused tightly and stopped the chuunin's chakra from flowing into his legs, sending the object of his ire to collapse in a heap. Panting heavily, Naruto turned to head into the village when the man's partner stopped him. "I don't know what you did, but you're gonna regret doing it," he snarled as he pulled out akunai, only to freeze when a gloved hand grabbed him.

"Maa, what's all this then?" Kakashi's bored voice rang out in the sudden silence as he held the guard's arm. The guard continued to glare at Naruto for a moment before relaxing his stance and Kakashi released him.

"Nothing... sir" the chuunin muttered angrily before holstering his kunai and dragging his partner back to the check-in desk.

"What was that all about?" his sensei asked as Naruto tried to slip away. The blonde winced before explaining what had happened and why the guard was on the ground. Kakashi shrugged, "Gomen, I should have expected that with your stigma. In the future though, try to exercise more restraint, please?" At Naruto's sheepish nod, he continued,"Alright, let's get you to the Hokage, he needs to hear about the Higan, and maybe he'll have an idea on how to hide your eyes from people so we don't have this happening again. I will also be bringing up this incident up with him and let him decide the punishment for these two idiots."

Both chuunin at the desk glared at him as he pulled out his orange book and began to walk off. Naruto remained behind for a moment, trying help the guard get over the numbness, "Be careful trying to stand for a while, your legs don't have any chakra in them and it will probably take a few minutes before it will start flowing through them again. Just keep trying to push it and you'll recover shortly."

"Piss off brat, you've done enough," was the angry response. Naruto shrugged at that and began running after his sensei.




The walk to the Hokage tower was... interesting... to say the least. The usual hateful glares Naruto received became looks of profound fear the moment the villagers got a look at his new eyes. Naruto could already hear the hushed rumors flying through the town, trying to figure out where his new 'eyes' came from.

"He doesn't have any eyes!"

"He has hellfire where his eyes should be!"

"I knew he would be bad, but never thought he would consort with demons!"

The hushed whispers followed the duo all the way to the office of the Hokage, where the Hokage's secretary greeted them absently before glancing up at Naruto and letting loose a shriek. The Hokage burst out of his office, trying to find out what was wrong. The secretary could do no more than point at Naruto, trying desperately to scramble away.

"Ah come on, it's not that scary neechan,"Naruto pouted, attempting to soothe the terrified woman. The Hokage took the opportunity to look at Naruto and found himself fighting a similar reaction to his secretary. The wizened Hokage invited the pair into his office, wondering just how bad the coming conversation would be.

As the teacher-student pair sat down across from the Hokage, Kakashi started his explanation. "Hokage-sama, I'll explain as best I can, so please hold your questions until I finish. While in the Land of Waves, shortly after defeating Momochi Zabuza and his apprentice, Naruto awakened apreviously unheard-of bloodline, a doujutsu he has decided to name Higan, which destroyed his former eyes and replaced them with the current balls of blue flame. Somehow he can see with the fireballs, in some ways even better than with real eyes. We have determined that his bloodline allows him to both see and control chakra, inside the pathways of a body, and I believe it can also control chakra outside a body, like when released in a jutsu."

The Hokage sat with his fingers laced in front of his face, trying to absorb all the information being presented. "So Naruto's bloodline grants him increased chakra control, even over techniques he has already unleashed, correct?"

"Close Jiji, but no cigar," Naruto impudently stated. "It has improved my chakra control by a lot, but there's more to it. I can control anyone's chakra, from any distance, as long as I can see them. Though all I've managed so far is to force the chakra out of a part of the body. Kakashi-sensei claims I'll be also be able to control anyone's jutsu, but I haven't been able to yet."

"Would you mind giving me an example Naruto-kun? I'd like to see it mys-" the Hokage's request stopped mid-sentence as his tongue flopped uselessly. He looked up at a grinning, and slightly winded, Naruto and glared pointedly. Naruto, scratching the back of his neck embarrassedly, just blushed in response and mumbled something about not being able to restore the chakra yet.

The Hokage sighed in response, though the sound was slightly garbled by his uncontrollable tongue. Kakashi glanced at Naruto before releasing a sigh and told the Hokage to channel chakra into the affected area to restore it.

A couple of minutes later an annoyed Hokage eyed the blonde down, before breaking into a proud smile. "Even if that's all your bloodline can do, it is still very powerful. Use it well, Naruto-kun."The blonde nodded, a determined look crossing his face. The Hokage looked over the two ninja in front of him before asking, "If that's all, I really need to get back to my paperwork."

"Actually, Hokage-sama, I need to report an incident that happened upon our re-entry to the village." At this, the Hokage's brow raised, waiting for the hammer to fall. "The gate guards tried to stop Naruto from entering the village. I believe that the somewhat demonic appearance of the Higan will serve to heighten the village's animosity towards him and I was hoping you could come up with a way to hide it from normal view. He can't see through blindfolds, so that's out, and I could not come up with anything else."

"Don't bother Jiji," The unexpected sound of Naruto's voice breaking into their thoughts. Both older men turned to him in surprise, before prompting him to explain. "Most of the village will have heard about the Higan by now. There was certainly enough witnesses to it on the way here. Besides, why would I want to cover something that looks so freaking cool?!"

Both Kakashi and the Hokage sweatdropped at the kid's enthusiastic stance, but accepted his decision. "If you insist, Naruto-kun. Now why don't you head out and find Iruka. I'm sure he'd love to hear all about your Higan, and your mission. You might even get some ramen out of him."

At hearing the golden word'ramen', Naruto immediately left to find his old teacher. It was about time he could show everyone just how awesome he was!

A/N - First fanfic and all that jazz, let me know how it is.

Sign up to rate and review this story