Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hold Your Head up, Hold it up High

Easy From Now On

by 30STMislove 0 reviews

next show

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-21 - Updated: 2008-07-21 - 1247 words

0Unrated
“Okay, when do we play?” Emilee asked as Voices of Insanity got off of their bus.
“We play between My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday,” Jackie replied as they walked around when her phone rang. She opened it and asked, “Hello?”
“Hey Jackie, where are you guys at?” Chelsea asked.
“Over by the stage. Where are you at?”
“I…have no clue,” she replied confused.
Jackie sighed and said, “Well, what are you wearing?”
“What I wore yesterday,” she replied.
Jackie looked at the rest of the band and said, “Come on, we have to find Chelsea. She’s lost.”
“I’m not lost! I just have a shitty sense of direction! There’s a difference,” Chelsea said as Jackie, Emilee, Callie, and Megan started walking.
“Eh what ever. Shut it,” Jackie said when she saw Chelsea standing by a tent alone.
“No. Oooh! I see you!” she said as she saw her band. She waved and them and hung up her phone before walking over to them.
“Okay, details. Now,” Megan said when Chelsea got over to them.
“What? I don’t remember. Robert and them told me that we were really loud though. So I guess that’s a detail. Other than that, I’ve got nothing,” Chelsea told them.
“Ah man, you shouldn’t have drank so much! You might have remembered more!” Emilee said.
“Sorry. It wasn’t my fault. There are a lot of things I’ve done. Gosh,” Chelsea said before they started walking.
“So, how are the Escape the Fate guys? Are they cool?” Callie asked.
Chelsea nodded and said, “We played Guitar Hero 3 and Ronnie got be by everyone but me. But hey, I haven’t played in a long while. It’s not my fault.”
“Cool,” the rest of the band said.
“Yeah. You’ll like them. They’re pretty sweet,” Chelsea said.
“Oh! Chelsea guess what?” Emilee asked.
“What?” Chelsea asked.
“I have a date with Gerard on Friday! How cool is that?” she asked.
“Awesome,” Chelsea replied before they needed to get to sound check.

*************

“Alrighty guys! That’s all we’ve got. And I bet you aren’t very happy,” Gerard Way told the crowd after their set. “But don’t worry, because we’ve got a group that some of you may be familiar with. They’re a group of girls from Hicktown USA in Indiana. Give it up for Voices of Insanity!”
My Chemical Romance walked off as Voices of Insanity walked on. “Hey guys! How are ya doing?!” Jackie asked the crowd.
They all shouted and Jackie said, “Nice. And just for the record, it’s not Hicktown USA. It’s Blackhole USA Gerard! Get it right!”
The crowd laughed and Jackie continued, “Well, anyway, we’re Voices of Insanity. At least he got that right. And we are indeed from Indiana. Something else he got right. laughs Alright then! Let’s do this thing!”
The band played their hearts out as they did any other show. “Okay, so, we were talking and we had this idea. When we all were still in high school, there was this band we would go see. You might of heard of them actually. Does Wishfull Thinking sound familiar?” Jackie asked after “Up Shut”.
The crowd went wild and Jackie said, “Good. Well, they’re from the same area we are and when ever they played, they did a cover for a song that was an excellent moshing song. Who’s heard of “99 Red Balloons”?”
The crowd when crazy again and Jackie said, “Good. Well, as a tribute-type-thing, we’re going to do that for them. And this is the ONLY show we’ll do this at. So bear with us.”
Chelsea ran off the stage and up to Bob. “Hey, do you know the drum part around the part when there’s German?” she asked.
He nodded and she said, “Good. Because we’ve been trying to find someone to do it when Megan and I sing the German part. Can you do it? You’ll know when to come on.”
“Yeah I’ll do it. You have sticks?” he asked.
She handed him her spare pair and said, “Thanks Bob. I owe you one.”
She kissed him on the cheek before running back to her set.
“Okay. Ready guys?” Jackie asked.
The band nodded and Jackie said, “Let’s do this!”
The guitars started up and played for a bit when Jackie started singing.

“You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one they were gone
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, something's out there
Floating in the summer sky
Ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine red balloons
Floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine it springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine decision street
Ninety-nine ministers meet
To worry, worry, super scurry
Call out the troops now in a hurry
This is what we've waited for
This is it, boys, this is war
The President is on the line
As ninety-nine red balloons go by”

The guitars played on when Megan and Chelsea walked up to the microphone and Bob took Chelsea’s place on the drums before they sang.

“Neunundneunzig Kriegsminister
Streichholz und Benzinkanister
Hielten sich für schlaue Leute
Witterten schon fette Beute
Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
Mann, wer hätte das gedacht?
Daß es einmal so weit kommt
Wegen neunundneunzig Luftballons
Neunundneunzig Luftballons.”

Megan went back to her place and Chelsea ran back to her set. Bob got up and Chelsea took his place quickly before continuing where he left off.

“Ninety-nine dreams I have had
And every one a red balloon
It's all over, and I'm standing pretty I
n the dust that was a city
I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here
Here it is, a red balloon
I think of you and let it go”

Jackie finished the song and the crowd when wild. There was jumping and cheering. “Well, that’s all we’ve got. But hey, our good friends Taking Back Sunday have more for ya! Thank you! You’ve been great!”
Voices of Insanity walked off and Taking Back Sunday walked on as they walked towards My Chemical Romance.
“That was fucking awesome! I recorded it on my phone and everything!” Mikey said showing them.
“Nice. Hey Mikes, can you text that to me? I want my friend John to see it,” Chelsea asked.
“Yeah. Who’s John?” Mikey asked as he texted it to Chelsea.
“From Wishfull Thinking,” Megan replied.
“Oh yeah. You told us you know them,” Ray said.
The girls nodded and Chelsea looked to see that she got the text message. She got it ready to forward when she put a message at the bottom.
For you guys. Showing the love. Chelsea sent the message and said, “Done.”
“Good. Well, let’s go. I smell and I could really use a shower,” Megan said.
“Agree,” the rest of the girls said before walking off. Chelsea stopped and walked over to Bob before saying, “Thank you. That was cool.”
“No problem,” he said.
She smiled before kissing him on the cheek before running off.
Sign up to rate and review this story