Categories > Original > Romance > Must Have Done Something Right

Must Have Done Something Right

by capcake 2 reviews

introduction to the lives of Alex and Maddy and first meeting with the Jonas Brothers!!!

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-23 - 1492 words

0Unrated
No one’s POV

“So I was watching Stand By Me the other day, and now I’m just confused, ok, so Mickey’s a mouse, Donald’s a duck, Pluto’s a dog…what’s goofy?” Maddy asked in complete confusion
“Goofy’s a dog, clearly” Alex replied with a sense of justification in her voice.
“Goofy can’t be a dog, he wears a hat and drives a car” Maddy said defensively.

Ever since these girls had met each other they would always come up with odd conversation starters. So it wasn’t out of the usual when the girls were working at Starbucks that their normal conversation would turn into a heated argument.

Here’s a little background about the two girls:
They both met each when they were thirteen in math class, and ever since then they have become besties for life.
They both worked at Starbucks in the LAX airport, a dream job of theirs, which they were able to tick off on their bucket list.

Alex’s POV

Every now and then we’d get celebrities at Starbucks ordering drinks, and today was like any other day, the usual customer complaints over there being some kind of swimming insect in the persons drink, or an eyelash or some random object which shouldn’t be in the drink, but seriously, what do you expect from an airport.

Anyways, Maddy and I were having another one of our discussions over a random topic. Today’s topic was “what’s goofy?” A question we’ve been pondering over for a while now, Maddy reckons goofy is a cross between a rat and some form of llama; seriously I don’t care nor know how she comes up with these things.

“Maddy, goofy is so not part rat!”

“Oh really, well care to explain why he has big ears and buck teeth?”

“I second that opinion” a random voice said from the counter, I had my back to the person, as I slowly turned around, I saw a glimpse of two bodies standing behind me, both looking similar ages to Maddy and I, both extremely good looking, somehow, it seemed like I had seem them somewhere, and as I focused my eyes on them I noticed that they were 2/3 of the Jonas Brothers.

I didn’t mind their music actually, Maddy and I always listen to their songs and have realized that in nearly every song there’s a section where it slows down and you can click your fingers a long to the beat. So we have a lot of time on our hands, we are usually very productive in the things, which we choose to do. Cough cough

“Ha, in your face Alex, 1 point to Maddy, 0 to Alex”
“We were never taking scores”
“Yeah well, pfft”
“Um, hello, can we order?” woops forgot about the band that was now standing in front of me.
I heard Maddy serving them now “hi, welcome to star bucks, how can I help you on this fine sunny afternoon”

“Ummm… can I get the strawberries and cream frappacino?” the one with wavy hair said

“I’ll get the green tea frapp.” The other one with curly hair said.

“Okie dokie” Maddy replied and turned back around to me, I was in awe, but attempting not to show it.

“Maddy you do notice who you just served.”
“Yeah, but I’ve decided I’m not going to be phased by their amazement.”

“Maddy, you’re drooling again”
“Woops!!!”

“So are you coming over to my humble abode tonight” Maddy asked me.
She’s always having me over, I feel like I’m practically living at her house.
“No way, you do to much for me, you’re coming to my house.”
“Alex, Alex, Alex, mi casa, et su casa”

“What are you on about?”
“No idea, but I can’t come cause I have to baby sit tonight, I was hoping you could come with?”
“Sure, who’s the victim?”
“Haha, very funny” she said in her sarcastic tone “it’s a little boy, his name sounds like Frankfurt or something like that, all I know is that the pay is good, and we need the money so we can tick more things off the list”

“True dat”
Maddy, her sister Lucy and myself had started a bucket list, you know, things to do before you kick the bucket. Anyways we’ve already got more than 130 and the list just seems to get bigger. Only thing is that pretty much everything on the list, we have to be rich to do it, so Maddy and I have our job at Starbucks, one of the things on our list, we also do heaps of random other jobs like baby sitting and what ever else we can find.

Joe’s POV

“Jeez, I could definitely go for some star bucks right about now” I said while I was looking around in an attempt to see past everyone at the airport, then I spotted the big green sign and grabbed nick and literally sprinted towards it.

There wasn’t a line so we were waiting at the counter, there were these two girls with their backs to us and we over heard there conversation, they were talking about goofy or something, I don’t know I couldn’t really follow, they were talking really fast.

“I second that opinion” I heard Nick say next to me, what was he doing, now they’re going to think we are the biggest chimes.
Note to self: slap nick on the head when no one is looking.

“Um, hello, can we order?” I was seriously craving.

The two snapped around noticing that we were there, the taller one had long brown hair and was pretty nice looking, the shorter girl was also pretty good looking, she had her hair tied up into a pony tail, she was the one who took our order.

“Hi, welcome to Starbucks, how can I help you on this fine sunny afternoon” well this girl seemed pretty chirpy, then I saw a red bull behind the counter, ahh I understood, hmm, I haven’t had my daily dose of red bull today.
Note to self: drink red bull
I snapped out of my trance and ordered

“Ummm… can I get the strawberries and cream frappacino?”

“I’ll get the green tea frapp.” Nick replied.

“Okie dokie” the girl said, and she pivoted on the spot and turned back to the taller girl to make the drinks. Then they started talking about something; nick and I just started our own conversation.

“So they’re an interesting duo.”
“Yeah they seem pretty cool actually.”
“Ooooooh, Nicky’s got a crush”
“I do not.” He went to hit me in the head, but accidentally poked me in the eye.
“Jeesh, what’s that all about?”
“Sorry” he said

“Ahm” we turned around to find our drinks waiting for us.
“Thanks…” I looked at the name tag on the taller girl”…Alex”
“Whoa, stalker?”
“Whoa name tag”
“Oh, ma bad”
I stretched my hand out to shake hers “the names Joe…and this here is nick”
“Hey” wow nicks being pretty shy today.
The shorter girl jumped into the conversation “I’m Maddy”
“Hiya” I replied with a slight wave of my hand.

Suddenly Alex started talking
“Umm.. I was wondering if maybe” I quickly cut her off knowing exactly what she wanted “if you can have my number? Sure”

“Wow you jump straight in, I was actually wondering if you could move to the side cause there’s a line.”

“Awkward” Nick said mockingly

“Oh” how humiliating, I feel like the biggest douche at this very moment “um.. Yeah sure, sorry, come on Nick we should probably get going anyways.”

“Yeah well it was nice meeting you guys” Nick said as I did the walk of shame “you too” I heard Maddy call out.

Maddy’s POV

“Well they seemed nice”
“Yeah, this is definitely something we have to tell Lucy about”
“Deffers”

Lucy’s my sister, she’s 18, turning 19 in July. I’m 16 and so is Alex, but she’ll be 17 in December. It’s June by the way.

“Holey moley!!!” I blurted out
“What’s wrong?”
“It’s 6 o’clock”
“And???”
“I’m meant to be babysitting at 6:15”
“Jeesh Maddy, nice going, come on if we run we should make it on time.”
“Ha, Alex you and I both know our incapacity to jog, let alone run.”
“True dat”
“We’ll just do a super super power walk”
“Good idea”
“Wait just let me finish my red bull” I quickly sculled down the last drop lets.
“Much better”

We went outside of the airport where my mom’s car was, we hoped in and mom drove us straight to the house cause we didn’t have time to go back to my house and change.
Sign up to rate and review this story