Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Innocence Faded

Grand Finale...

by Anonymus31 0 reviews

Attention! All planets of the Solar Fedaration! We have assumed control!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-07-24 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 2218 words

2TrainWreck
Disclaimer: ...And all things must end.



A/N: I've had a blast writing this story, I hope you've enjoyed it, and will read the sequel "Harry Potter III: Seventh Son." And if you haven't enjoyed the story, then what possessed you to read it through to the end?



Grand Finale



Hope in the face of our human distress
Helps us to understand the turbulence deep inside
That takes hold of our lives
Shame and distress over mental unrest
Keeps us from saving those we love
The grace within our hearts
And the sorrow in our souls
Deception of fame
Vengeance of war
Lives torn apart
Losing oneself
Spiraling down
Feeling the walls closing in
A journey to find
The answers inside
Our illusive mind




--Dream Theater "Losing Time / Grand Finale"



13 November 2017*]

[*


Harry Potter: Savior or Wife beater?/]

[/By Rita Skeeter




Recently yours truly paid a visit to the residence of Harry Potter and his wife to find out if recent rumors that Mrs. Hermione Weasley (nee Granger) had used a love potion on Mr. Potter back in 1998 were true. You'll remember that in 1995 this reporter was the first to uncover evidence that the then Miss Granger was using love potions on not only Mr. Potter, but also on one Viktor Krum, widely regarded as one of the best Seekers in the long and illustrious history of Quidditch. Ms. Granger apparently covered her tracks well, since investigations at the time were inconclusive. Fast-forward twenty-two years, and though there has yet to be any hard evidence uncovered, there are some suspicious circumstances.



Consider this: Though their marriage seemed to be a happy one, it ended rather suddenly just over ayear after the birth of their son and daughter, and less than six months after the divorce was finalized Mr. Potter had married his former girlfriend Ms. Ginevra Weasley. But I digress...



This reporter got only abrief glimpse of Mrs. Potter, but it was gruesome. She was missing her left ear and all the fingers from her right hand. Her right eye was obviously glass. The most noticeable injury, however, was that her nose had been cut off at the bone. When asked what had happened, all Mrs. Potter would say was, quote,"I deserved it for what I did to Harry." What did she do to Mr. Potter? More importantly, what has Mr. Potter done to her over the years that he could damage her like this and still she says that it was her fault, that she deserved it?



The Department of Magical Law Enforcement declined to comment when asked whether... Continued on 2A



For a report on the current rumors linking Mrs. Hermione Weasley to love potion usage, see 4A.



For a reprinting of the story on Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger's breakup, see 10A



For a reprinting of the previous scandal involving Ms. Granger's use of love potions, see section B



Hermione slammed the paper down. "That foul gutter slut!" she hissed under her breath.



"I know. Nothing we can do about it now, though. She registered as an Animagus during the short reign of Voldemort, so we can't use that. She even received a pardon for not registering earlier because of her unflattering biography of Dumbledore," Harry muttered bitterly.



He paused. "I know of one way to cheer you up," he whispered suggestively in her ear.



"Not now," she said, blushing at the attention the students were giving the staff table. "Maybe later, though."



"Mum! Dad! Could you at least tone it down when you're in public?!" Jenna whined from across the Hall." Hermione gave Harry a passionate kiss just to spite her.



"Now you've gone and made me late to my first class," Harry muttered back sarcastically.



"But that's still thirty minutes away," Hermione responded, casually checking her watch.



"And I won't be able to stand for twenty five of those minutes now, because of you," Harry muttered back.



"Will you two love-birds knock it off?!" Neville said from the other side of Hermione.



"Sorry about that," Harry chuckled.



"Just don't let it happen again."



------



3 February 2018



Hermione was in her office when a knock sounded on her door. Absentmindedly, she said, "Come in."



She finished reading the essay she was grading before looking up to find a wand pointed in her face. Her hand reflexively twitched for her own wand before she noticed it was a wand handle in her face. "Go ahead, take it," a familiar voice said.



"What are you here for?" Hermione said resignedly as she took the proffered wand. She noticed that the redhead had her hair back and was wearing an eye patch. "Nice look by the way. I half expected you to start wearing a burnoose."



"I thought about it, but that would be hiding from the truth, which is what got me in this situation in the first place." She paused. "As for why I'm here, I came to apolo--"



"If you think apologizing for breaking up my marriage to Harry will help you get back into my good graces, you can forget about it," the older woman said coldly.



"Actually I came to apologize because shortly after...I mean shortly before...dammit, I can't think of a way to say this that won't get me hexed," muttered Ginny, before straightening. "Shortly after Harry and I were 'married,'" she did finger quotes as she said this,"I slipped you a love potion to make you warm up to Ron."



"So...what? You had an attack of conscience and thought that by making me fall for Ron everything would be alright? I'll admit he made me feel better, but sti--"



"Actually, he was starting to get suspicious. I figured you would distract him from his suspicions," she paused again, seemingly bracing herself, "Plus, I figured I'd throw him a bone since he did love you." Hermione resisted the urge to strangle the woman.



"So, for how long were you slipping me potions?" Hermione asked. Talking is good. As long as I'm talking, I'm not trying to kill her.



"Just the once, Ipromise you. But I won't lie to you; I was fully prepared to do to you what I did to Harry. I'm so sorry," the redhead had tears streaming down her left cheek.



"Why are you telling me this?" Hermione asked suspiciously.



"Dale convinced me to. He says secrets are like cancer--they eat at you slowly until there's nothing left of what you were," Ginny said quietly.



"Who's Dale?" Hermione asked.



"He was the healer who took care of me after the duel," Ginny said, carefully scratching the scar tissue that was all that remained of her left ear. For the first time Hermione noticed a ring on her left hand--one she herself had never seen before.



"So who gave you the ring?" Hermione asked.



"Dale. We're getting married next month," Ginny said as she rose. "You and Harry are invited, but I'm not fooling myself into actually thinking you'll come."



"Sorry, but we won't be attending," Hermione said, handing Ginny her wand back. "Oh," Hermione said as the redhead reached for the door handle,"and thank you."



"What for?" Ginny asked, genuinely puzzled. "For ruining your life?"



"No you twit, for making the last fourteen years bearable for me, even if you never meant to."



"You don't really mean that," Ginny said sadly as she left the office. "You really, /really/, don't mean that."



------



24 August 2018



In one week, Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, Chosen one, and Murphy's whipping boy, would return to Hogwarts as the first two-time Defense Against the Dark Arts professor in over fifty years. Though nothing bad had happened to those that taught in nineteen years since the defeat of Voldemort, every one of them had decided to get while the getting was good.



What am I /doingthinking about my job on my wedding day/?



He was jarred from his thoughts by the sound of "Canon in D." She'd won the argument this time. His thoughts ended when he saw her. She was again a vision in white. Or is that /off/-white? He couldn't really tell.



He looked over to his groomsmen. Standing next to him was his best man, Ron. The others were Jonas, George, Neville, and Carrie Jordan. Okay, maybe 'grooms/men' isn't the right word.../



Carrie had been Hermione's idea. She had, of course, escorted Jenna up the aisle. Hermione's maid of honor was again Luna Lovegood. The other bridesmaids were Fleur Delacour, Hannah Abbot and Michelle von Harkonen--a German-born witch who was a close friend of Hermione's from when she was still working for the Ministry.



Just like the first time, he had to be poked in the ribs when it came time to read his vows.



"I still haven't figured out what I did to deserve you, and now I have to figure out what I did to deserve you returning to me. Although I may have forgotten, I never did stop loving you. I promise never to leave you again," Harry said, nearly sobbing at the end.



Hermione, tears running down her face, took a second to compose herself before delivering her own vows. "Harry, my love, I would never leave you. When things get bad, I promise that you can count on me. I never stopped loving you; no matter how hard I tried. You are my one true love, my knight in shining armor. I still owe you more than I can repay, and still I can only give you my love and devotion."



The rest of the ceremony was a blur. Next thing Harry knew, Ron was making as ass of himself giving the traditional best man's toast. He was very obviously drunk. "How much has he had to drink?" Harry whispered to Hermione.



"Just half a glass of champagne," Hermione whispered back, fighting to hold back laughter.



"Such alightweight," Harry muttered taking another swig of his rum and coke.



Then before Harry realized it, it was time for the first dance. "I know you told me to trust you, but I can't shake the feeling that you buggered up the song selection for this dance," Hermione was muttering from next to him as they approached the dance floor.



"Trust me, you'll like it," Harry reassured her.



The band struck up, and only then did Hermione recognize them. "How did you...?"



"I paid them. 'Bout a million pounds. Oh, and I let them choose the rest of the set list," Harry said as Dream Theater began playing the Tesla classic"Love Song."



"That was all it took?" Hermione asked, amazed. This has got to be the best gift anyone has ever gotten me. Imagine...my favorite band playing at my wedding.



"That and we now own Roadrunner Records," Harry added.



Love will find a way.

Darlin', love is gonna find a way,

Find its way back to you.

Love will find a way.

So look around, open your eyes.

Love is gonna find away.

Love is gonna, love is gonna find a way.

Love will find a way.

Love's gonna find a way back to you, yeah,

I know. I know. I know.



------



Over the next twenty years, Harry and Hermione had six more children, four boys and two girls. They continued to work at Hogwarts, and Hermione was eventually promoted to Headmaster of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.



Ron went on to marry Luna, and they had four children of their own.



Ginny did get married to Dale Barrett. They had no children of their own, but they adopted many children, all with magical abilities, mostly half-bloods and muggleborns.



Though Jenna and Carrie were never able to get married, they stayed together for the rest of their lives. Jenna went on to be aprofessional seeker, playing for a U.K. Squad than won an unprecedented seven straight Quidditch World Cups, though she only participated in four of those seven victories.



Jonas did play a few seasons of professional Quidditch, and even participated in two Quidditch World Cups, becoming the first brother-sister combo to be on an International Quidditch team. He went on to be an Auror, and eventually Minister of Magic.



Molly Weasley was never brought up on charges, though her husband took her to visit their daughter every day until his untimely death in 2052, where upon George Weasley took over for him, and continued to take her to visit with his only sister once a day.





To be continued...

------



A/N: I know, it sucks, but then again, you've no doubt noticed by now that this whole story pretty much sucks. But for some reason people liked it...I dunno. People keep asking for more, so I give them more.



Epilogues are supposed to be short, and therefore this one is short. If you're upset that Ginny got her Happily Ever After, you a far crueler person than I. I didn't want her to become like Lumiya...although, come to think of it, something /could/happen to change the 'happily ever after.' That's actually a good idea...maybe I'll use it, maybe I won't.



So, though I dread the answers to these questions...



Questions?Comments? Plotholes? Just type them up in a review and I'll try to address your questions in a timely manner.
Sign up to rate and review this story